@WGWPAIN Forgive Me But...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

xXSU1C1D3K1NGXx #81 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16281 battles
We all wish this. I know I'd like to play tanks forever. I'm not as hardcore as some of you "hats of to ya btw".. I have my moments though. Im kinda behind what  was said about some people can't afford to upgrade or just choose not to. Some people can't afford it so be it.stuff happens.im lucky Im blessed enuff to afford the things I want.on the other hand lol maybe your azz  needs to get a job to purchase what you want "hard work does pay off".Either way if it helps to keep the game going strong is fine by me.

If I live I will kill you.. If I die you are forgiven... Such is the rule of honor

SteampunkPagan #82 Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 70630 battles
  • [HDC]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 14 November 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Hello PAIN,

Since this is the only way to contact you I hope you will forgive the post. Sir, I was and am willing to accept the whole we have to keep 360 support after all it is a sizable part of the player base and income. But can you please explain why the file size is an issue when it comes to the maps? Sir the map issue has become a real problem Widepark and some other maps are just way to small for the higher tiers, though many maps just "share assets" they have become visually boring and is hurting replay value in my opinion. I do not know what the fix for this is nor will I re-hash the solutions offered by some here in the forums. But Sir it is truly my belief that something needs to be done to remedy this sooner than later,

Next, MS is allowing gifting now it is region locked and does not include currency packs. Would you please look at adding more lower priced or barebones bundles to the MS store for the Holiday Season? Last When will we see an American Flag Tank Earn Op?

Thank You,

SteampunkPagan.

Edit:

Well the upper tiers on very small maps has a fix:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/199675-update-details-nov-14th-2017/

Edit:

Pontiac Pat has given the answer to the file size question I asked here:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/199668-wgwpain-forgive-me-but/page__st__40__pid__4118381#entry4118381

Thanks to the community for the help with some of this still two questions for @WGWPAIN and they are highlighted.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Saerbhreathach #83 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18391 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostMaxMiner11, on 15 November 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Every business has fixed overhead costs. Rent, salary, services, etc. It most often takes 80-90% of your business to pay for those costs and just break even. It is not uncommon to have margins tighter than that. It is the last 10% of your sales that allow you to make a profit. If you lose 20% of your sales, you don't simply have 20% less profits. You don't have any profits or even go into the red.

This can be a complicated concept. Black Friday was named black because that is when businesses would finally break even after selling goods all year until then. So if they lose sales in the last month, they will not be making money for the year.

But still no real reason why 360 is holding anything back. Just it is 'old'. 360 has nothing to do with prices on bundles, or so called 'reskined' tanks. If WG lost 20% of their customer, they would not be able to charge less for things.

I am not sure what you think the game needs to progress to. It already has almost every tank possible.

It's holding the games progression back BECASUE IT'S OLD AND OUTDATED..... Their programing the game for 12 year old hardware as well as updated hardware, their resources are divided to work on both old and new hardware all the while "dumbing down" the game so both 360 and Xbox one can play the game.... Outdated hardware tends to slow down the progression process... 

And no we don't have just about every tank. We're close to pc BUT we don't have them all. We don't have all the maps that pc have either, we MIGHT have half the maps of pc. Why? Cause the 360 can't handle most of the maps, it simply DOESN'T have the processing power. And before you try and argue that.... Scorpion pass proves my point.... 

I expect the game to progress to the same point that pc is at but that won't happen as long as WG support the 360....

Volier_Zcit #84 Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

• Moderators
  • 0 battles
Please stay on topic guys. Thank you.

Xenith_Inc #85 Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:04 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2462 battles

View PostMaxMiner11, on 15 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Companies don't support the 360 because it doesn't make them enough money. WOT however, needs the income from 360. 1/3 of the players on the Xbox server are on 360. 360 is holding WOT back from death.

Of course, as I have said before, many, many 360 systems will be replaced in the next couple months with either a One, X or PS4. It won't be long before the 360 numbers shrink.

However if current gen console players keep abandoning WoT due to lack of updates, HD etc, then the % of players on the 360 will stay the same.

360 needs to be cut free with a non updating legacy version of the game - exactly as it is now, until population drops. Then people with 360's that like WoT will eventually upgrade to a current gen console. Or leave.

How many people bought GTAV on the PS3 when it came out,then re-bought it on PS4 when that came out? Looooads.

Darkgift #86 Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12652 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 17 November 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Please stay on topic guys. Thank you.

We can try volier, but there really isn't a topic..

The OP isn't asking anyone in GD their questions, so technically, this post shouldn't be here, nor is anyone that comments on topic.

In general though, the maps coming back, and getting proper tiering of the maps is what should be worked on..

Until that happens, due to 360s limitations, we'll keep seeing other features removed without explanation, kinda like what happens to posts..

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users