• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

El Materdor43 #41 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22888 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postallhavoc, on 14 November 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I can't say your wrong.  But if you play 20+ games tonight, jot down the maps you play and see for yourself.

I have in the past. That’s where I came up with my figures 

allhavoc #42 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33145 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 14 November 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Since the map removal and the change in the way rotation works (AS Explained by staff and in streams) they are NOT all in rotation at one time sorry thought you knew that and were being sarcastic did not know you were serious.

All of those maps are currently in rotation.  I came up with that list by tracking my games for the last ~2 weeks, wanting to know which maps i need to improve on.

[10SR]  

SteampunkPagan #43 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 70507 battles
  • [HDC]

View Postallhavoc, on 14 November 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

All of those maps are currently in rotation.  I came up with that list by tracking my games for the last ~2 weeks, wanting to know which maps i need to improve on.

Yes and no in any given time frame they are NOT all in the rotation or in a 20 game session they would not repeat. In a 50 game session I am lucky to see 6-7 maps and that is from writing them down as well.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

killer etzi0 #44 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41018 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSauerKrapp, on 14 November 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

What did we get in lieu of the maps we lost?

weather variants, and Tier X seeing maps they shouldn't see. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

SteampunkPagan #45 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 70507 battles
  • [HDC]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 14 November 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

If they are going to continue adding content then at some point they will have to go beyond the 50 gig limit.  They are clearly delaying that.  Pain mentioned in the charity stream that there was some licensing and whatnot involved.  IMO, that sounds like they need to pay a premium to Microsoft for the privilege, so they are delaying it to avoid the cost.  They can only delay so long.  At some point the content will require the larger downloads.  The question is, how far will they push it/cut back to delay that day of reckoning?  I'm hoping it'll be something that they fix at the new year so they can give us all the maps back.

Here's a suggestion Mr Pain.  How about enabling an option for the download to either download the HD or Non-HD versions of the maps.  That would keep the file smaller for those who have an issue but allow those who want the full 4k experience to choose that 70 gig download.

I must have missed that in the stream. Thanks for the information that is why I keep asking for the pre-recorded segments and some of the other Q&A segments to be put on YouTube as Videos so we can go back and catch anything we may have missed and for those who could not watch at all. So let me make sure I have what you are saying right PAIN said 50 gig and that it is about licensing and that with a change in that they can go over it? Just asking to make sure I do not want to repeat it if I have it wrong.

Thanks,

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

MaxMiner11 #46 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16269 battles
Sounds like a catch 22. Not enough players (income) to increase the file size. But the smaller file size (missing maps) is resulting in less players.

ralfybaby62 #47 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16829 battles
  • [10SR]

View Postallhavoc, on 14 November 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I can't say your wrong.  But if you play 20+ games tonight, jot down the maps you play and see for yourself.

I'll do you one better, I played quite a bit over the past weekend grinding for the x3 xp and the x2 silver as well as for the US medium on track event, and I have literally seen each and every map you mentioned at least once during that time. 

EvilMorodech #48 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35524 battles

View Postallhavoc, on 14 November 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 14 November 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes and no in any given time frame they are NOT all in the rotation or in a 20 game session they would not repeat. In a 50 game session I am lucky to see 6-7 maps and that is from writing them down as well.

I did just that on 11/10/17.  I played 25 matches and kept track of the different maps.  Of the 25 matches that day, I had 21 unique maps.  I was pleasantly surprised by my findings that day.  FWIW, I was also top tier 11 times, middle tier 7 times, and bottom tier 7 times. 

SteampunkPagan #49 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 70507 battles
  • [HDC]

View PostEvilMorodech, on 14 November 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

I did just that on 11/10/17.  I played 25 matches and kept track of the different maps.  Of the 25 matches that day, I had 21 unique maps.  I was pleasantly surprised by my findings that day.  FWIW, I was also top tier 11 times, middle tier 7 times, and bottom tier 7 times.

Then this leads to a tinfoil question does every player play the same game with the same match maker and map rotation as everyone else. Again out of 54 games I had a rotation this weekend of Five maps, with 56 games Nine maps, 49 games Nine Maps and That is a norm for me yes I had weather, time of day or mode variants of those maps but that does NOT make them unique maps.

SPP 

cyberl0k #50 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17541 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 14 November 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

I must have missed that in the stream. Thanks for the information that is why I keep asking for the pre-recorded segments and some of the other Q&A segments to be put on YouTube as Videos so we can go back and catch anything we may have missed and for those who could not watch at all. So let me make sure I have what you are saying right PAIN said 50 gig and that it is about licensing and that with a change in that they can go over it? Just asking to make sure I do not want to repeat it if I have it wrong.

Thanks,

SPP

You can rewatch the stream:

Copy from another thread: http://forum-console...03#entry4106003

"Here is PAIN's statement on game download size (Jump to 5:11:25): https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187563112"

UNUM Frostbite #51 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17858 battles
  • [UNUM]
There is a very simple fix to the map rotation problem.  The last time I checked there are total of 83 maps but only 44 are the standard versions of the maps.  The reason people see the same maps over and over is because they just play different variants of the same maps (ex. Westfield then 2 games later Westfield rain). If wargaming would get rid of all the different variants we could have more of the standard maps. If wargaming wanted to be really smart, every quarter they would take about 10 of the variants and switch them out and could even possibly follow the seasons (ex. snow map variants in winter).

KILTED YAKSMIN #52 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 45774 battles

View PostBadDad61, on 15 November 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

I miss both Live Oaks and Pearl River the most.

If nothing else it would be nice to rotate the maps in and out every couple of months.

Heck, sometime I even miss Sacred Valley, Dragon Ridge and Great Wall.

Pearl River, Sacred Valley, Dragon Ridge and Live Oaks are still on the Map Overviews.

https://console.worl...ut/game-guides/

Thanks for the link. I was struggling to recall what those maps looked like lol. 

SteampunkPagan #53 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 70507 battles
  • [HDC]

View Postcyberl0k, on 14 November 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

You can rewatch the stream:

Copy from another thread: http://forum-console...03#entry4106003

"Here is PAIN's statement on game download size (Jump to 5:11:25): https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187563112"

Twitch is the problem that is why I keep asking them to upload them to YouTube Twitch does not work well with my laptop any longer. But thank you very much for the effort and for trying to be helpful.

SPP

EchoC3 #54 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19882 battles

Miss all of the eastern front maps, SPECIALLY Dragon Ridge. Regardless of map dynamics, they were all great to an certain extent. What's the fun in war variants, shiny storm effects to mess up the mechanics? Gallant has presented a great idea, if there's a limit, simply tweak the code to randomize across all maps. One week/month you see certain maps, next , other, different scenarios. Would work perfectly if WG implements it the right way.

allhavoc #55 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 33145 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 14 November 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Then this leads to a tinfoil question does every player play the same game with the same match maker and map rotation as everyone else. Again out of 54 games I had a rotation this weekend of Five maps, with 56 games Nine maps, 49 games Nine Maps and That is a norm for me yes I had weather, time of day or mode variants of those maps but that does NOT make them unique maps.

SPP 

Wow.  What can you say for how often the MM switches the sub-set of maps?  Is it a weekly thing, a daily thing?  I want to start watching for this.

[10SR]  

Nightlinger 72 #56 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40920 battles
  • [360GC]
I will ask again. How do players go from one match to another? Seems to me that whether you go back to the garage after every match, go from the results screen to the next match, play the same tank over and over, or change tanks every match you can affect the maps you see. I can't see the system looking at your game play and saying ' that player has had the same map twice in the last hour, let's give them something new'.

Pontiac Pat #57 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:14 AM

Major

• WCL
  • 18114 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 14 November 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Thanks,

SPP

His exact quote from the stream - "We've gotten to the point where we're, you know, on the edge of being a 50 gig game at this point and there's console restrictions on the size of the game.  You have to get special wavers to go over 50 gigs and then you can't take advantage of certain features and methods of certification.  If you are over 50 gigs you can never press, say, a retail disc or do other things.  So, we're trying to, and we're thinking 50 gigs is a big game to download.  So, we're trying to keep it under that 50 gig mark or as close to it as possible."  He then went on to talk about rotating maps out and the amount of space saved by removing the ones they did and how shared assets are one of the reasons they chose the maps they did, etc.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send me a message.

Marks of Excellence thresholds - http://damagestandings.com

allhavoc #58 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 33145 battles
  • [10SR]

50 gigs, is that the size for Xbox 360 or One/PS4?

[10SR]  

Darkgift #59 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12623 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postallhavoc, on 15 November 2017 - 01:46 AM, said:

50 gigs, is that the size for Xbox 360 or One/PS4?

Should be only the One/PS4..

I believe my size on the One is around 42gig..

Going by the updates, and how much larger the One/PS4 is compared to the 360, I would imagine the 360 isn't any more than 32 gig or so..

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

allhavoc #60 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 33145 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 15 November 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

His exact quote from the stream - "We've gotten to the point where we're, you know, on the edge of being a 50 gig game at this point and there's console restrictions on the size of the game.  You have to get special wavers to go over 50 gigs and then you can't take advantage of certain features and methods of certification.  If you are over 50 gigs you can never press, say, a retail disc or do other things.  So, we're trying to, and we're thinking 50 gigs is a big game to download.  So, we're trying to keep it under that 50 gig mark or as close to it as possible."  He then went on to talk about rotating maps out and the amount of space saved by removing the ones they did and how shared assets are one of the reasons they chose the maps they did, etc.

So, if this 50 gig limit is the reason he is giving for the missing maps... and the 360 is under 32 gig size... it's actually the One/PS4 holding back the game?

Oh, that's too funny.

[10SR]  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users