My Polish crew..."They're Killing Us!"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gallant Prime #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33829 battles
  • [47R]

When crew customization came out, there was no Czech voice to use, so I dropped in a Polish voice crew in my Czech tanks.  (Btw, I have noticed that they do now have Czech voices). 

With all my other nations, they seem to stick to their language--I don't recall them saying anything English.  But my Polish crew, they know one phrase of English:  "They're Killing Us!"  They say it with what I assume to be a Polish accent and they say it a lot. 

When I say a lot, I mean, like when the first person on my team is spotted or anyone is shot--not necessarily when I am shot, or a one of my crew members is injured or a teammate dies--times you would expect it.  I don't know exactly what triggers it, but they say do seem to say it a lot without any connection to teammates dying or crew members being injured--but it may be that as it is in English it is more noticeable--particularly early in the match when no one has died.

So has anyone else noticed this with Polish crews?

Anyone know what triggers the phrase?

Has anyone noticed any other nation crew voice stating something in English with that other nation's accent?  (US and British aside) 

Does this indicate that we will eventually get crew voices in English with national accents?

As a funny aside, my Japanese crews seem to call me a "dum dim witty" quite a bit--but it is just that I am not sure what they are saying. 

Finally, as this is the only phrase said in English, it has become a little bit creepy now.     

.​.

* * * * * SAVE THE USS TEXAS!  PURCHASE "GIVING THANKS" EMBLEMS WITH SILVER!* * * * * 
See here and here

SaltyMcD #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9494 battles
  • [GUARD]
I put a polish crew in my Object 140 & they are very entertaining.  

Brick S0lid #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14095 battles
That's messed up

Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

3500Wn8. 70+ tanks with 3 MoE. 

Gallant Prime #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33829 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSaltyMcD, on 14 November 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

I thought it was entertaining at first--or at least cool because they were saying English with an accent.  But after awhile when that is the only phrase you hear and understand, and if you have any sense of Polish history during WWII, well then it begins to creep you out--like the dead are crying out.  So then, it feels like what Brick says below.  

View PostBrick S0lid, on 14 November 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

That's messed up

.​.

* * * * * SAVE THE USS TEXAS!  PURCHASE "GIVING THANKS" EMBLEMS WITH SILVER!* * * * * 
See here and here

KLLDZR #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11827 battles

View PostSaltyMcD, on 14 November 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Cool being a Pollock myself I gotta hear that! Hittin' switches for the [edited]on the crew customization tab ASAP.;)

SlavicHammer187 #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7805 battles
I have a Polish language crew in my Firefly and have quite a few battles in it and can't recall hearing them say "they're killing us" in English.....every other phrase is like "something something Insektor!!" 

gigagram #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7088 battles
Repeat please!  

Gallant Prime #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33829 battles
  • [47R]

Okay so I have a clip.  The statement in question is just as I come up behind the E5 at about the 28 second mark.

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/39305736

Having looked at the full game footage and other games, I think my bad hearing and possible garbled sound may have got the best of me.  Having noticed the statement is made more around the time of being spotted, and, after messing around with google translate, it probably is more along the lines of "They see us!" in Polish.  "Us" in Polish is "Nas" as best as I can tell which would give me the "-ing us" of "They're killing us." I just can't figure out the first part.  Are any of our Pole friends still about that can clue me in?

At least I am not creeped out any more!

.​.

See here and here

rhymeswithN00bs #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14130 battles
  • [GIRLS]

^He's probably saying "Wykryli nas." It means "They detected us." Funny audio clip though.

I don't know Polish I just google translated "They detected us" because that's when it happened in the video clip, and that's what came up. :P

XOXO, Noobius Y

TallDesert34426 #10 Posted Yesterday, 06:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47001 battles
  • [ANP]
Maybe they're speaking Polish all along, but it's just a phrase that sounds like "they're killing us" in English?

SlavicHammer187 #11 Posted Yesterday, 06:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7805 battles

I hope I'm not the only one that gets "Repeat Please!" 

I need Micheal Caine to scold my Polish crew, as the mic is not for private Polish chit chat 

My favorite crew language is French only because when you kill something the commander is like "OUIIII!!!!"  and if you don't laugh at the way that guy says it and/or sit in front of your game going OUI!!! I don't know what to tell you lol

leova #12 Posted Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10401 battles
  • [47R]

View PostGallant Prime, on 15 November 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Okay so I have a clip.  The statement in question is just as I come up behind the E5 at about the 28 second mark.

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/39305736

Having looked at the full game footage and other games, I think my bad hearing and possible garbled sound may have got the best of me.  Having noticed the statement is made more around the time of being spotted, and, after messing around with google translate, it probably is more along the lines of "They see us!" in Polish.  "Us" in Polish is "Nas" as best as I can tell which would give me the "-ing us" of "They're killing us." I just can't figure out the first part.  Are any of our Pole friends still about that can clue me in?

At least I am not creeped out any more!

super creepy! :ohmy:

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 15 November 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

^He's probably saying "Wykryli nas." It means "They detected us." Funny audio clip though.

I don't know Polish I just google translated "They detected us" because that's when it happened in the video clip, and that's what came up. :P

Yeah ,that sounds about right

still, for those not in the know, its definitely a creepy sound

Brick S0lid #13 Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14095 battles

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 16 November 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think detective noobs figured it out. 

Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

3500Wn8. 70+ tanks with 3 MoE. 

Gallant Prime #14 Posted Today, 12:56 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33829 battles
  • [47R]

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 15 November 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

​Thank you N00bs!  I think that is it--"detected" I think is the piece that was eluding me.  

Gigagram and SlavicHammer187--had to look it up, though I think I saw the movie a long time ago:

:teethhappy:

.​.

See here and here

SlavicHammer187 #15 Posted Today, 02:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7805 battles
We need a British Premium Sherman with a Polish crew that says "Repeat Please" every other phrase.......

UTU2TM #16 Posted Today, 01:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38904 battles
  • [BEARD]

I have a Swedish crew, where the commander looks & sounds like an older Kimi Raikkonen.

Although its Swedish, the one phrase sounds like English, "dat looks like summer hat."

It is difficult to swim in hydrochloric acid with your legs chopped off.
-Russian General Alexander Lebed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users