removing of artillery

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

TheMoonIsaHoax #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20179 battles

remove the artillery from the game and players will more spend money on premium time and on golden ammo

without the artillery there would be much greater need to have golden ammunition and to have a premium time because you added so many "unpenetrable" big tanks into the game so in such a case every player would need to have a sufficient ammount of "premium rounds" for these biggies

the artillery is there only for faster ending of battles (yes WG doesn't like long or normal lasting battles, WG likes to have WoT battles in very fast style - so you have to play even more WoT)

but WG, the artillery is going against you and your game, remove it

Jope2209 #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14301 battles
I don't think that's gonna happen...sorry but I can't see a co-relation between premium time and more spending with not having arty in-game...

G: "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"

EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

-- Somewhere in No Man's Land

xTerrorxDactylx #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11194 battles
I agree.. I'm tired of my tier 10 getting one shot because the player gets lucky or because rng.

GhostRider110 #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18250 battles
  • [SCIT]

I do not agree with OP on that removing arty will encourage people spending money. I do believe arty has a function in this game, to keep it mobile. I hate being one-shot by arty, but cheer if friendly arty one-shots the enemy blocking me.

It just part of the game. Accept it.

Guderian9139 #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10062 battles
:popcorn:

Ruthless4u #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11384 battles
  • [SKREB]

Got anything to back up this claim OP or is it pure speculation?

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

Please donate to Aperts international 

http://www.apert-international.org

HybredXero #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20477 battles
  • [BULL]
Where's Michael Jackson with the popcorn?

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

xTerrorxDactylx #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11194 battles

View PostGhostRider110, on 14 November 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

I do not agree with OP on that removing arty will encourage people spending money. I do believe arty has a function in this game, to keep it mobile. I hate being one-shot by arty, but cheer if friendly arty one-shots the enemy blocking me.

First, I don't necessarily agree with the OP either, to an extent. I don't understand the monetary side if it, but he brings up a topic that I think needs to be addressed: ARTY THE WAY IT IS CURRENTLY NEEDS TO CHANGE.

I've brought this up multiple times to many of the employees during events such as live Q&As, etc. I, or any others that have asked from what I've researched, have EVER got an answer from them. 

Why do they think that PC changed the way ARTY plays? Oh crap, well maybe because 90% of players hate arty the way it was on PC and the way it is now on console. 

"Here, let me wait a little here while I flip this coin to see whether this guy gets all of his 2000 health taken away.. Ooooo, there is goes..back to the garage for that guy..whos next, I got plenty of coins."

Get my point?? 

aGundamDownHere #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14282 battles
If the presence of artillery really is the only reason I don't have to spend money on premium ammo, then keep the artillery in, I say. Rather than an increase in gold spending, I think we'll just see an uptick in the number of people playing super-heavies and the OP tank destroyers. You know the ones.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

DutchCupid62 #10 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9495 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View PostGhostRider110, on 14 November 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

I do not agree with OP, but I also don't agrre with you completely. Arty is not here to keep the game mobile. Doesn't matter if I stand still or move (and what crazy manouvres I pull off)  I still get hit by arty a lot.

Thr only arty save is camping behind a solid object. 

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

OtakuNinja #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7125 battles
  • [BEARD]

Avoiding getting hit by arty is not so much about camping behind a solid object, as it is about making yourself an unappealing target. I'd much rather shoot one of those op super heavies or a tank that's not moving, than one who is moving and not always going at full speed. Jingles always says in WoWs, that battleships need to change their course and speed to avoid torpedos. It's the same for tanks in WoT, especially the heavier ones that are not as maneuverable.

PC players got their artillery "nerf". But guess what - they are not more annoyed than ever, because of the higher splash and the stun effect, and the arty players are annoyed as well. If any change were to happen to the console artillery (which I'm strongly against), I'd say remove the AP shells for high tier arty, and leave it all to the rng of HE. HE will still have a chance of doing massive damage, but it's not guaranteed as the penetration is low.

If you really think arty should be nerfed, then nerf the TDs as well, and the armor of heavies, the speed of lights and force everybody to play mediums. Would that make you happy?

Edit: or play the PC version

Edited by OtakuNinja, 15 November 2017 - 11:53 AM.

xTerrorxDactylx #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11194 battles

View PostOtakuNinja, on 15 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Avoiding getting hit by arty is not so much about camping behind a solid object, as it is about making yourself an unappealing target. I'd much rather shoot one of those op super heavies or a tank that's not moving, than one who is moving and not always going at full speed. Jingles always says in WoWs, that battleships need to change their course and speed to avoid torpedos. It's the same for tanks in WoT, especially the heavier ones that are not as maneuverable.

PC players got their artillery "nerf". But guess what - they are not more annoyed than ever, because of the higher splash and the stun effect, and the arty players are annoyed as well. If any change were to happen to the console artillery (which I'm strongly against), I'd say remove the AP shells for high tier arty, and leave it all to the rng of HE. HE will still have a chance of doing massive damage, but it's not guaranteed as the penetration is low.

If you really think arty should be nerfed, then nerf the TDs as well, and the armor of heavies, the speed of lights and force everybody to play mediums. Would that make you happy?

Edit: or play the PC version

If by making yourself an unappealing target you mean base camping..I've noticed alot of Super heavies and some of the bigger TDs (maus, Type 5, panzer E 100, etc), camping base lately because there's 3 or 4 tier 9 and 10 artys on the other team. I mean who wouldn't camp base at that point in a tank like those. Keeping the game mobile and preventing camper...yeahhhhh

You know what's more annoying than PC arty? Getting one shot every 4 or 5 games at tier 10 by a tier 9 arty.. I'd easily take PC arty over ours.. 

You know what's even more weird? PC seems to love the way ARTY is now.. hmmmm...makes you think huh? I guess not

killer etzi0 #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41049 battles
  • [47R]

No

I used to give nice long well though out detailed responses to these threads, but I realize now that was mostly a waste of time. One word pretty much covers it now. 

Edited by killer etzi0, 15 November 2017 - 04:14 PM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

corran2 #14 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19542 battles
  • [UNI]

View PostTheMoonIsaHoax, on 14 November 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

remove the artillery from the game and players will more spend money on premium time and on golden ammo

without the artillery there would be much greater need to have golden ammunition and to have a premium time because you added so many "unpenetrable" big tanks into the game so in such a case every player would need to have a sufficient ammount of "premium rounds" for these biggies

the artillery is there only for faster ending of battles (yes WG doesn't like long or normal lasting battles, WG likes to have WoT battles in very fast style - so you have to play even more WoT)

​no it wont make ppl spend more specialy when you take into account prem rounds can be bought with silver, which is easily earnt by all the prem tanks that wg have basically given away , net result off you idea is zero benefit finacialy to wg except time lost.

CaptSmirnoff #15 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9262 battles

View PostTheMoonIsaHoax, on 14 November 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Do us all a favor and go play Blitz on your phone no Artillery there.

When in doubt send the scouts! 19D:izmena:

Improved Aus #16 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [-8-]
Seems to be a few salty tankers who have been pooped on by arty.
They're part of the game, get over it. Prem rounds are in the game. Use them or don't. Either way get over it or go play COD

DutchCupid62 #17 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9495 battles
  • [NLPZR]
They don't need nerfing, but a restriction of 2 per team max and only 1 arty per platoon would be nice (no more arty platoons).

Roger Stryker #18 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2952 battles

View PostOtakuNinja, on 15 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

...making yourself an unappealing target. I'd much rather shoot...a tank that's not moving, than one who is moving and not always going at full speed.

...change...course and speed...

View PostxTerrorxDactylx, on 15 November 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

If by making yourself an unappealing target you mean base camping..?

You may want to re-read OtakuNinja's full post, xTerrorxDactylx. I've taken the liberty of highlighting your misunderstanding, and the Ninja's wisdom.

By not being obvious or "regular", you can make things more difficult even for an experienced artilleryman. The game on console (at least) does allow for you to move at various different speeds; the throttle can be modulated, similar to your on-foot movement speed in any FPS/TPS or other game...push the stick a little, the tank moves slower...push the stick a lot, the tank moves faster. If you follow the Ninja's advice further and also introduce hard to predict and truly random maneuvering to the mix, the impact will be even better. If an artilleryman still manages to hit you consistently then, he's lucky---especially given how artillery accuracy in this game is so heavily based upon RNG already.

Speaking of varying speeds, it would be nice if they implemented some influence on detection. If you're creeping along at minimum speed, you should be more difficult to detect than if you're tearing across the battlefield at full speed. Accuracy already varies by movement speed, as it more or less should, so making detection work the same way would just be another improvement to the game... (...or does it already, and I just haven't noticed it/heard about it?)

As for limiting artillery to 2 per team and 1 per platoon, I strongly disagree. Partly because there are currently medals/achievements/whatever for getting 3 artillery kills in a round (Pascucci, Counter-Battery?), which would need changes in addition to the limits. Partly, too, because "why? Is that really the best way to handle it?" Blanket measures like a limit on any/all battles of 2 artillery maximum or all artillery being nerfed/removed are bad ideas---there are better ways to handle whatever the problem may be, such as individual adjustments and possibly dynamic limits.

I suggested elsewhere that there shouldn't be a hard limit of 2, but rather a dynamic limit based on the size of the battle. If the battle is 15v15, up to 3 artillery should be allowed (but not necessary) per side. If the battle is 10v10, up to 2 artillery should be allowed (but not necessary) per side. If the battle is 5v5, up to 1 artillery should be allowed (but not necessary) per side. This would prevent games from being stacked heavily with artillery, making either side either overpowered or underpowered, and would also allow for what we already see sometimes---games without any artillery at all.

As for not allowing artillery to be platooned up---why? Every other class can platoon up and coordinate. Even without platooning, if all artillerymen present are communicating, they can coordinate without being in a platoon, so what will it matter? Sure, a whole platoon shouldn't be allowed to all be artillery---and that would be dealt with, prevented, by this suggestion. The maximum number of artillery allowed per platoon would be three, and the size of the match their platoon would then be eligible for, and which other platoons they would be pitted up against/fight alongside, would be dictated by that number. They may find themselves waiting too long for a battle, and being sent back to the garage without being able to find a suitable game, at which point they should be intelligent enough to have one artilleryman swap to a different unit type before they return to the battle queue.

That said, as team stacking/breaking can occur not only with artillery, but with all unit types, I had also suggested that the maximum number of TDs, lights, mediums, and heavies be limited dynamically as well, to avoid situations where one team ends up with an army of lights, while the other team has an army of TDs. The matchmaking should vary unit consist somewhat more evenly than it does, and if it takes dynamic maximum limits to make it work, then maybe it is very much worth considering...

DutchCupid62 #19 Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9495 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View PostRoger Stryker, on 16 November 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

You may want to re-read OtakuNinja's full post, xTerrorxDactylx. I've taken the liberty of highlighting your misunderstanding, and the Ninja's wisdom.

By not being obvious or "regular", you can make things more difficult even for an experienced artilleryman. The game on console (at least) does allow for you to move at various different speeds; the throttle can be modulated, similar to your on-foot movement speed in any FPS/TPS or other game...push the stick a little, the tank moves slower...push the stick a lot, the tank moves faster. If you follow the Ninja's advice further and also introduce hard to predict and truly random maneuvering to the mix, the impact will be even better. If an artilleryman still manages to hit you consistently then, he's lucky---especially given how artillery accuracy in this game is so heavily based upon RNG already.

Speaking of varying speeds, it would be nice if they implemented some influence on detection. If you're creeping along at minimum speed, you should be more difficult to detect than if you're tearing across the battlefield at full speed. Accuracy already varies by movement speed, as it more or less should, so making detection work the same way would just be another improvement to the game... (...or does it already, and I just haven't noticed it/heard about it?)

As for limiting artillery to 2 per team and 1 per platoon, I strongly disagree. Partly because there are currently medals/achievements/whatever for getting 3 artillery kills in a round (Pascucci, Counter-Battery?), which would need changes in addition to the limits. Partly, too, because "why? Is that really the best way to handle it?" Blanket measures like a limit on any/all battles of 2 artillery maximum or all artillery being nerfed/removed are bad ideas---there are better ways to handle whatever the problem may be, such as individual adjustments and possibly dynamic limits.

I suggested elsewhere that there shouldn't be a hard limit of 2, but rather a dynamic limit based on the size of the battle. If the battle is 15v15, up to 3 artillery should be allowed (but not necessary) per side. If the battle is 10v10, up to 2 artillery should be allowed (but not necessary) per side. If the battle is 5v5, up to 1 artillery should be allowed (but not necessary) per side. This would prevent games from being stacked heavily with artillery, making either side either overpowered or underpowered, and would also allow for what we already see sometimes---games without any artillery at all.

As for not allowing artillery to be platooned up---why? Every other class can platoon up and coordinate. Even without platooning, if all artillerymen present are communicating, they can coordinate without being in a platoon, so what will it matter? Sure, a whole platoon shouldn't be allowed to all be artillery---and that would be dealt with, prevented, by this suggestion. The maximum number of artillery allowed per platoon would be three, and the size of the match their platoon would then be eligible for, and which other platoons they would be pitted up against/fight alongside, would be dictated by that number. They may find themselves waiting too long for a battle, and being sent back to the garage without being able to find a suitable game, at which point they should be intelligent enough to have one artilleryman swap to a different unit type before they return to the battle queue.

That said, as team stacking/breaking can occur not only with artillery, but with all unit types, I had also suggested that the maximum number of TDs, lights, mediums, and heavies be limited dynamically as well, to avoid situations where one team ends up with an army of lights, while the other team has an army of TDs. The matchmaking should vary unit consist somewhat more evenly than it does, and if it takes dynamic maximum limits to make it work, then maybe it is very much worth considering...

Good post. I could work with the changes you suggested in regards to arty limits and platoons. 

xTerrorxDactylx #20 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11194 battles

View PostRoger Stryker, on 16 November 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Apparently you can't read, bud. I'm my post I referenced Super heavies and bigger tanks did I not? 

So, last time I checked, genius, their top speed wasn't 50kpm, and their traverse speed wasn't 50..with that being said, I doesn't matter who it is playing the arty, it's not hard to hit tanks like that, no matter how much they move. 

I didn't think I would have to break it down Barney style for anyone..but just for the special ones, I'll do it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users