Play style

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

SpartanFire71 #1 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19883 battles
  • [-NB-]
I started off loving fast moving and fast firing tanks.  This lead me to  running mediums and lights, but really liking scouts the best.  Scouts were/are easy to pad stats, so that was a plus.  I have recently been trying to add the 110E5, so enjoyed the M103.  Still don't believe I am a great heavy player, but willing to give heavies a chance.  I liked the T30, but haven't really played the 110E4 much.

I spam scout tanks with the desire of balancing the bully tanks.

Purple on the horizon, then.....the world is mine with Stewie packing his ray gun.  

Playertd #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17410 battles

I've been stuck on the play every class about the same much playstyle for my WoT life :P

Have been playing more scouts recently, they are just to fun to bomb around in.

4HPMvmm.jpg

Kaystonian #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9893 battles
For me I enjoyed everything but arty especially heavies :) However with all the prammo spam armor is pretty useless so I made the transition over finally to tds(was trying to resist it since t10 mm was bulked up on tds) made it up to the e4 an omg those 7 an 8k games make you feel like a king lol. Now I'm at the isu-152 an hoping I can get the isu-130 too, and we'l all in all I still play meds lights an heavies but tds are my thing now (especially with all the team fails now days)

ThermalStone #4 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20295 battles

I started off as a pretty campy player.  High survival and KD rate, above average win rate and damage.  After about 12000 games I read an article on WotLabs about Wn8.  One thing that stuck with me in that article was that the big difference between competent green players and purple players was that purple players shoot a lot more, more than twice as many shots per game in some tanks.  I already had good survival skills but I needed to play more aggressively.  I started putting out purple, then dark purple damage, my win rate shot way up, and my survival dropped just a little.  Then I had a kid and took nearly two years off.  Now I've been back for a month and I'm still very good but I'm struggling for consistency.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Grinding: Pershing, WZ 132, Swedish TDs

Elite: Pz. 38H, T1E6-X1, T7 Combat Car, Locust, Matilda, T67, VK 30.01 D, T29, T26E4 Super Pershing, Gorynych KV-5, FV215b 183, E 100, Waffentrager auf E 100, AMX 50B, E50M, T57 Heavy, Object 268 

3 MoEs: T67, T-34 (100%), VK 30.01 D (100%), T29, T25/2, Centurion I

EchoC3 #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19882 battles

Funny. I started as a heavy-loving potato, and became a light/medium tank guy, support most times. Hit-and-run tactics, highly aggressive guerilla warfare :teethhappy:. Started with the Churchill VII and the Tiger, learning more and more about the game, started to appreciate agility and gun stats above all else with the germans. Moved on to the T-54, learned and refined skills with mediums, moved to the french TT and never looked back :P.                                    Don't have the patience nor skill for moving bunkers and bulky brawlers anymore. Remove any sort of armour, slap in a great engine and weapon, perfect for me :P.

JatemKaa #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 49329 battles

View PostThermalStone, on 14 November 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

I started off as a pretty campy player.  High survival and KD rate, above average win rate and damage.  After about 12000 games I read an article on WotLabs about Wn8.  One thing that stuck with me in that article was that the big difference between competent green players and purple players was that purple players shoot a lot more, more than twice as many shots per game in some tanks.  I already had good survival skills but I needed to play more aggressively.  I started putting out purple, then dark purple damage, my win rate shot way up, and my survival dropped just a little.  Then I had a kid and took nearly two years off.  Now I've been back for a month and I'm still very good but I'm struggling for consistency. 

Funny thing, I am pretty much the exact opposite. Started playing aggressively, back when you were almost always guaranteed a top tier match every third match. As time has gone on, have become more and more of a sniper/camper - to the degree that the majority of the tanks in my garage (87 I think) are TD's, with a few arty, a few heavy tanks, a few mediums, and more than a few lights. Kind of occurred around the time I had eight straight games with no top tier. I just cannot force myself to play aggressively when I am two tiers down, rarely when I am one tier down. With the way match-making is right now, it is hard to make myself attack even if I am in a top tier fully upgraded VK 100.01 (p).

Rarefication #7 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:04 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15172 battles
I started out playing TDs. But, I can hardly stand playing them anymore. Heavies seem to be my tank class of choice. 

Tea-boi #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10948 battles
  • [-AUS-]
Mediums and Lights only for me. Only heavy I play now is 131, but it's really a slow medium. never played a TD or arty and never will.

PumpkinEcobar #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8624 battles
I tend to get a few hundred games at a time in one style of tank at a time. I'll play stealthy snipers for a while, then on to front line brawlers, then maybe passive scouts, then hull down tanks. After that I might jump in my active scouts, or maybe support mediums, so on so forth.

SpartanFire71 #10 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19883 battles
  • [-NB-]

View PostKaystonian, on 14 November 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

For me I enjoyed everything but arty especially heavies :) However with all the prammo spam armor is pretty useless so I made the transition over finally to tds(was trying to resist it since t10 mm was bulked up on tds) made it up to the e4 an omg those 7 an 8k games make you feel like a king lol. Now I'm at the isu-152 an hoping I can get the isu-130 too, and we'l all in all I still play meds lights an heavies but tds are my thing now (especially with all the team fails now days)

yeah, I had a "gonna play bert and get the skill cannon" time, then I just hate the class so much, I let that go.  

I don't mine the premium spam because I will do it if needed.  While driving the M103, E100s, Type 4s and 5s and such were getting heat rounds.

I did have a spurt of TD play after the T67 and Hellcat, but then gave up at the ISU 152.  Decided to stop playing the baby waffle, and stopped push for Deathstar.  Never tried the German heavy armor TDs much, but might consider it if I get better at heavies.  Quit the T95 early too.

Purple on the horizon, then.....the world is mine with Stewie packing his ray gun.  

allhavoc #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 33145 battles
  • [10SR]

I used to get killed by arty a lot, cause I didn't know how to play arty safe.  Now, I play arty safe and still get killed by them often.  Screw arty.

But seriously, my play style hasn't changed much at all.  There is a thin line between being an aggressive player and being a yolohead, I've gotten better at not crossing that line.

[10SR]  

SpartanFire71 #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19883 battles
  • [-NB-]

View PostThermalStone, on 14 November 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

I have a not too consistent issue because sometimes I may be too aggressive.  I hate to wait to see what team does, and sometimes that leaves me high and dry as team leaves one side of the map open.

SpartanFire71 #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19883 battles
  • [-NB-]

View Postallhavoc, on 14 November 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

I used to get killed by arty a lot, cause I didn't know how to play arty safe.  Now, I play arty safe and still get killed by them often.  Screw arty.

But seriously, my play style hasn't changed much at all.  There is a thin line between being an aggressive player and being a yolohead, I've gotten better at not crossing that line.

Arty safe are those mysterious locations that is few and far between on many maps.  I believe that is why heavies go beach on Overlord, but odly enough those same tanks probably go valley on Lakeville.   Take a map like Proka, I just say screw it, I'm gonna have to try and dodge.  Amazing how accurate those 0.80 accurate guns seem to be sometimes.

allhavoc #14 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 33145 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostSpartanFire71, on 15 November 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

I have a not too consistent issue because sometimes I may be too aggressive.  I hate to wait to see what team does, and sometimes that leaves me high and dry as team leaves one side of the map open.

Same here.  Sometimes I think the best thing to do is drive towards the center of the map until my team starts moving.  That way, I'm able to get where I need to be quickly.  Plus, many maps have good positions in the center.  It's like sometimes, the center is actually the best 'flank'.

[10SR]  

Kaystonian #15 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9893 battles

View PostSpartanFire71, on 14 November 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

yeah, I had a "gonna play bert and get the skill cannon" time, then I just hate the class so much, I let that go.  

I don't mine the premium spam because I will do it if needed.  While driving the M103, E100s, Type 4s and 5s and such were getting heat rounds.

I did have a spurt of TD play after the T67 and Hellcat, but then gave up at the ISU 152.  Decided to stop playing the baby waffle, and stopped push for Deathstar.  Never tried the German heavy armor TDs much, but might consider it if I get better at heavies.  Quit the T95 early too.

ya I don't mind the spam either but when a tank relies on armor well need I say more lol. However it's why I went the e4 route so I can still play like a heavy(lol no need worrying about armor), but still enjoy punishing ppl cause ima td ;) 

Brick S0lid #16 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14095 battles
I play everything like a medium. I probably play more passive than I did in the past but that's rarely a fault tbh just something I've learnt is necessarily in pub matches.

Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

3500Wn8. 70+ tanks with 3 MoE. 

jmabbott1975 #17 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8672 battles
Heavies: always been my main class. I figure my lack of skill needs to be compensated by armour strong enough to bounce some hits. But with so much prammo, the advantages of heavies are somewhat nullified whilst keeping all of the disadvantages. I think I'll play less heavies and more mediums in future as mobility generally trumps armour in the current meta.

TD's: still play a lot of these and I think the "hang back and snipe" playstyle suits me in terms of living longer to make more damaging shots. With the exception of the low camo TD's that suffer the curse of prammo like heavies.

Arties: used to play a lot of these, until I elited the M53/M55. Not planning on playing them much anymore in preparation for the stun mechanic/massive arty nerf that will come to the console eventually. Still have an occasional game in the US Sexton I if I need kills for an op, but always feel unclean afterwards.

Mediums: I plan to play these mostly in the future, though still getting my head around the fact that In some of them you have paper armour and can't really get hit at all. I reckon this is the class of the most skilled WoT player though.

Lights: have started to play them a bit going down the French line. Can be fun no doubt, will play more in future.

NightOfDeaths #18 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23264 battles
  • [KMD]
Aggression. Whether almost dead, or in a paper tank, Ill be aggresive as heck. It makes the game fun, and rewarding. 

Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

haphazird #19 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15841 battles

I used to play for THE TEAM, you know "for the win".  Now, not so much.

Every man for themselvesssssss...

scwirpeo #20 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33772 battles
  • [CRY]

I play TDs mostly now. Used to be I went medium or kv-5 whenever I wasn't grinding.

Now I use a lot of TDs or just OP premiums, it's just easier to navigate the Irish farmland know as WoT with a big gun and loads of armor. Added bonus is being designed to camp means they are even more perfect for our lazy sit around meta on Xbox now days.

Also tagged with Play style

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users