Play style

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ThermalStone #21 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20382 battles

View PostJatemKaa, on 14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

Funny thing, I am pretty much the exact opposite. Started playing aggressively, back when you were almost always guaranteed a top tier match every third match. As time has gone on, have become more and more of a sniper/camper - to the degree that the majority of the tanks in my garage (87 I think) are TD's, with a few arty, a few heavy tanks, a few mediums, and more than a few lights. Kind of occurred around the time I had eight straight games with no top tier. I just cannot force myself to play aggressively when I am two tiers down, rarely when I am one tier down. With the way match-making is right now, it is hard to make myself attack even if I am in a top tier fully upgraded VK 100.01 (p).

View PostSpartanFire71, on 14 November 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I have a not too consistent issue because sometimes I may be too aggressive.  I hate to wait to see what team does, and sometimes that leaves me high and dry as team leaves one side of the map open.

It's a fine balance between aggression and survival.  Most players are too far to one side or another.  Aggression might be the wrong way to think about it.  Keeping your gun active the whole game is a better way to think about playing.  It's a combination of taking forward positions early but surviving deep into games so you can keep shooting.   

My struggles with consistency come from the maps.  I'm still learning the new ones and a lot of my old favorites have been altered.  I really don't like all the new tiny arena style maps that force close combat on everyone.  Let a good player choose his range and he can pick apart half the enemy team.  Force him into close combat and he might get killed by a potato.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Grinding: Pershing, WZ 132, Swedish TDs

Elite: Pz. 38H, T1E6-X1, T7 Combat Car, Locust, Matilda, T67, VK 30.01 D, T29, T26E4 Super Pershing, Gorynych KV-5, FV215b 183, E 100, Waffentrager auf E 100, AMX 50B, E50M, T57 Heavy, Object 268 

3 MoEs: T67, T-34 (100%), VK 30.01 D (100%), T29, T25/2, Centurion I

milesizdead #22 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8328 battles
  • [FIFI]
Changed? Not much. Developed? A bit. I still play too aggressively, and end up dying more than I should. One thing that has changed for sure is when playing lights; I used to passive scout and now I’m much more active. 

Doctor_Who_22 #23 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10224 battles
  • [-WHO-]
The high use and availability of premium ammo has greatly reduced the effectiveness of heavy tanks, and those that rely on armor to survive. When I first started, premium ammo actually cost gold so you'd very rarely see it used and you.had to focus on weak spots and flanking. Now, many tanks can simply switch to premium and oen heavy tanks easily.though the front, negating their armor.

So now I focus more on visibility and mobility to perform well. Can't hit what you can't see or cant keep up with... and this is why tanks like the Snakebite and the Hellcat are much more appealing to me, and are far easier to succeed with.

"Betty" is my Hellcat, and she's an amazing beast!!   I play for fun, not for stats..... but I always play to WIN!!

Beta582 #24 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16904 battles
  • [TANK]

Started with big ol' brawlin' heavies and still love my big ol' brawlin' heavies. Don't love them quite as much because of all the premium spam making armor irrelevant but still have a soft spot for them.

Although, I do enjoy playing mediums much more now.

Had a period where I adored light tanks but honestly, they are kind of irrelevant as a high tier medium can do everything a light can, better... (and with better matchmaking, armor, and guns)

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 09-18-2017)

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

westmech #25 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3861 battles

I love my heavies the most. They are my 'having fun' tanks. I'm teaching myself light tanks right now. I find they sway the outcomes of the games the most. I liked TDs when I started playing, but I honestly hate them now. I need to finish off the T30 grind to the 110E4 and that will probably be my last tier ten TD. 

Fast mediums and lights are my future for this game. Now I just need to work on patience :playing:

fozfactor #26 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37357 battles

View Postmilesizdead, on 15 November 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

I still play too aggressively, and end up dying more than I should. 

A player after my own heart. Was never able to dial back the testosterone, but these days I manage to die a little less.

MEGALADON1951 #27 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26665 battles
  • [KRV]
I went from brawling and sniping to using ridgelines after I got my Type 5 around a week after the heavies released. Now I use terrain to my advantage more than anything and enjoy it very much so. 

3 marked vehicles: Type 5 Heavy, T-50-2 and M51 Super Sherman, Stark Strv S1.

The Kranvagn will show no mercy.

Mr HIPP0 #28 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18637 battles
  • [OLDG]

View Postallhavoc, on 15 November 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

I used to get killed by arty a lot, cause I didn't know how to play arty safe.  Now, I play arty safe and still get killed by them often.  Screw arty.

But seriously, my play style hasn't changed much at all.  There is a thin line between being an aggressive player and being a yolohead, I've gotten better at not crossing that line.

Therein lies my main problem, I often find myself slightly the wrong side of that line.

OldGamerz.co.uk

OldGamerz.co.uk Mature gaming community for the over 30's

Playing for fun, not stats.

allhavoc #29 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33299 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostMr HIPP0, on 15 November 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Therein lies my main problem, I often find myself slightly the wrong side of that line.

It's tuff to break bad habits.  I recommend doing a little exercise:  pick one tank you enjoy playing and run a series of 20 games in it with survival as your priority.  Keep track of how many games you survive.  Then repeat another 20 games and see if you can beat your previous survival rate.  Keep doing this over and over, trying to survive more each time.

It's kinda like training your brain to 'choose to survive'.  You might feel like your missing opportunities because you're not being aggressive.  But, if you keep your tank in the game longer, you'll end up doing more damage.

[10SR]  

Mr HIPP0 #30 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18637 battles
  • [OLDG]

View Postallhavoc, on 15 November 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

It's tuff to break bad habits.  I recommend doing a little exercise:  pick one tank you enjoy playing and run a series of 20 games in it with survival as your priority.  Keep track of how many games you survive.  Then repeat another 20 games and see if you can beat your previous survival rate.  Keep doing this over and over, trying to survive more each time.

It's kinda like training your brain to 'choose to survive'.  You might feel like your missing opportunities because you're not being aggressive.  But, if you keep your tank in the game longer, you'll end up doing more damage.

Thank you. that makes a lot of sense.

OldGamerz.co.uk

OldGamerz.co.uk Mature gaming community for the over 30's

Playing for fun, not stats.

HaloPro058 #31 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32242 battles
  • [IRN]
You know me,
What I'm capable of.

I see battles like a game of Chess, lit's hard to have bad results when you are thinking 5 moves ahead. ;)

Also tagged with Play style

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users