Jump to content


Rosa: Queen of Hearts

written series fun little project

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

OMNImenace #21 Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:58 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8653 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014
It is an awesome story of human grit and determination in a truly desperate situation. You captured it! So don't throw the baby out with the bath water. However the technical word vomit while it shows expertise and accuracy it Boggs the story down. So while you want to be technical and historical accuracy don't flood the story with it but use the tech to peak the moment! Example Rosa was worried but hopeful the newly installed engine would give her advantage over her adversary!

Sgt Becket FEAR #22 Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostOMNImenace, on 24 December 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

It is an awesome story of human grit and determination in a truly desperate situation. You captured it! So don't throw the baby out with the bath water. However the technical word vomit while it shows expertise and accuracy it Boggs the story down. So while you want to be technical and historical accuracy don't flood the story with it but use the tech to peak the moment! Example Rosa was worried but hopeful the newly installed engine would give her advantage over her adversary!

 

Yeah I went too overboard with the details because I went all out with the research :hiding:

 

Do you think if I dial it way back as the story continues and then simply draw upon this part as a reference for sentences like you gave, it will not be as obnoxious and overpowering?

 

Like, basically water the technical stuff down from here on out?

 

Thanks btw! :) I'm glad you like it ^_^


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


OMNImenace #23 Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:43 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8653 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014
Yes the feeling is there I felt it! I could see myself sitting in that Tiger waiting for the next impact of another T-34. The desperation in the battle of Kursk. The Soviet Tank Commanders ordered their crews to suicide Ram the Tigers at full throttle. Kursk was a lesson to be learned in both strategic and tactical terms. What do you do when out numbered? What do you do when out ranged? What do you do when faced with superior fire power? What do you do when you move at slower speed? These questions and many more were answered in that most desperate battle. Orders were given that limited choices! Commanders had to innovate tactics on the fly! Tanks ,Artillery and armoured(mechanized infanty)with air support is called Combined Arms Doctrine became the modern doctrine for all current modern day tactics. You keep writing with feeling! It's a great read. All I can say is More! Give us more!

Sgt Becket FEAR #24 Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostOMNImenace, on 24 December 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Yes the feeling is there I felt it! I could see myself sitting in that Tiger waiting for the next impact of another T-34. The desperation in the battle of Kursk. The Soviet Tank Commanders ordered their crews to suicide Ram the Tigers at full throttle. Kursk was a lesson to be learned in both strategic and tactical terms. What do you do when out numbered? What do you do when out ranged? What do you do when faced with superior fire power? What do you do when you move at slower speed? These questions and many more were answered in that most desperate battle. Orders were given that limited choices! Commanders had to innovate tactics on the fly! Tanks ,Artillery and armoured(mechanized infanty)with air support is called Combined Arms Doctrine became the modern doctrine for all current modern day tactics. You keep writing with feeling! It's a great read. All I can say is More! Give us more!

 

Indeed ^_^

 

Very well, I shall :)


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Sledge1Swede #25 Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:08 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 55504 battles
  • 1,502
  • [-CHS-]
  • Member since:
    02-20-2017

Got some talent here good job and it is exciting and overwheling but i love it so far.

 

Nailbiting to have to wait for next episode.



Sgt Becket FEAR #26 Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10423 battles
  • 9,346
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View Postsledge6301, on 24 December 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

Got some talent here good job and it is exciting and overwheling but i love it so far.

 

Nailbiting to have to wait for next episode.

 

Oh wow, that means a lot to hear!! :)

 

I'll do my best to get the next part up soon :izmena:


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


DenserFlyer173 #27 Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:44 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22091 battles
  • 432
  • [HI5]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2015
bro,it has been more than half a year ago that i stopped playing world of tanks and moved to WT,but a few minutes ago i was remembering your good story and i had to read it again,it took me a few minutes to search this post.its really good your writing its excelsior,i woul really love to see more of your OC,i have a few ideas for my favorite female crews as well,but i dont know 




7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users