Muravonka

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Sweat Hog Swami #1 Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 49367 battles
Will the green team ever realize that you need to secure both sides of this map??? I'm so tired of watching my entire team run to one side (the large hill masses) only to get flanked and throttled. They do it over & over again. :(

Camelman Fin #2 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11942 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostSweat Hog Swami, on 26 November 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

Will the green team ever realize that you need to secure both sides of this map??? I'm so tired of watching my entire team run to one side (the large hill masses) only to get flanked and throttled. They do it over & over again. :(

yeah that is a thing, i have pinned the other side everytime and spoked on the mic, but still everytime greens do that, but reds wont. And there is many maps that have similar behavior on a green team and i just cant understand why im always on that team

sulla1111 #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12498 battles

I’ve been on plenty of wins where we’ve won the won the 2 line, cleaned out the TDs in the red corner of that line and then held off the reds from the hill after they won the forest.

Imo the 2 line side of the hill is far more valuable than the forest because it gives you the high ground and overwatch on both caps. I’m not saying the forest is bad, but personally unless we have overwhelming force going towards the forest, or I’m in a light tank, I prefer the hill and the 2 line.

Gothtec #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40769 battles

View PostSweat Hog Swami, on 26 November 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

I always, always go the bottom flank, far more fun... Running the hill is just dull... But in order to have a good battle on the bottom flank, the enemy team have to be just as dumb and leave that flank open....

Wampyricus #5 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12739 battles
  • [-SWE-]

I go north almost every time . Don't like "boxing " behind the hill all game . 

( I have edit this post I was answering on wrong map malinovka ;)

El Materdor43 #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23995 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postsulla1111, on 27 November 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

I’ve been on plenty of wins where we’ve won the won the 2 line, cleaned out the TDs in the red corner of that line and then held off the reds from the hill after they won the forest.

Imo the 2 line side of the hill is far more valuable than the forest because it gives you the high ground and overwatch on both caps. I’m not saying the forest is bad, but personally unless we have overwhelming force going towards the forest, or I’m in a light tank, I prefer the hill and the 2 line.

Your team has to hold the West side but in fairness, the team that can win the East side has the advantage due to terrain. I don’t discount the value of the West but my experience has been that which ever team loses the east side gets flanked the quickest. 

panthermark #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6558 battles

View Postsulla1111, on 27 November 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

^This...

/thread

El Materdor43 #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23995 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postpanthermark, on 05 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

^This...

/thread

You can’t spot the farthest part of the east side of the map from there. I have gone baseline to baseline without getting spotted while all the reds are bunched up in the hills and have flanked from either spawn. 

Those of you who ignore the east, keep on doing it. I’ll keep flanking you 

panthermark #9 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:21 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6558 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 05 January 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

You can’t spot the farthest part of the east side of the map from there. I have gone baseline to baseline without getting spotted while all the reds are bunched up in the hills and have flanked from either spawn. 

Those of you who ignore the east, keep on doing it. I’ll keep flanking you 

True, but using that logic, you can't spot much of anything from the far east side.  

I sometimes go that route if I'm arty hunting AFTER the battle has started.  But most of the time teams send a good chunk to the hills with a few tanks staying back and a few in the middle town area.    You can sneak all the way along the backside, but you don't want to pin yourself down in a corner because you are on the wrong side of the map with no support if you are spotted. 

Warthog II #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36476 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostSweat Hog Swami, on 26 November 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Sshhh.  Red Team, ignore the Magical Forest.  It's not the location you are looking for.   Let me farm Spot Assist.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

darrenv64 #11 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4254 battles
  • [COPS]

I love this map. The part that needs to be controlled is the hills in the West. But ignore the Eastern forest at your peril. Every win I've experienced here, a small group moves to the East forest to deny the flank, farm damage, clear that area, then move West towards the hill to provide flank support and possible double envelopment.

I was in a match here, Northern spawn, where the reds pushed five of their heavies North along the zero line, ignoring the hilly forest area at 7/8. There I was, with another medium at E/8, able to pour fire into their sides from hull down positions, farming penetration and track assist damage. Once they were all destroyed, we rolled West along the C line, then South along the East side of the hill, popping over and doing a peek-a-boom along the way. Had nobody gone into the East forest area, those heavies would've been free to create a double  envelopment.

El Materdor43 #12 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23995 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postpanthermark, on 05 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

True, but using that logic, you can't spot much of anything from the far east side.  

I sometimes go that route if I'm arty hunting AFTER the battle has started.  But most of the time teams send a good chunk to the hills with a few tanks staying back and a few in the middle town area.    You can sneak all the way along the backside, but you don't want to pin yourself down in a corner because you are on the wrong side of the map with no support if you are spotted. 

The spotting thing is only an issue if the whole team goes to the east, then my team doesn’t see anything on that side. But since that doesn’t ever happen, all enemy tanks that are spotted will appear on the minimap. With that info, I’m fully aware of the goings on of the west side of the map. A clear advantage of the east is the terrain. It gives mobile tanks the ability to relocate pretty quickly.  

I had a game two nights ago that perfectly illustrates what I have said about this map. I got the south spawn, went east at the start, along with 4 other tanks. We encountered 2 reds. We dispatched them pretty quick and swept around to flank and destroy the reds who, for the most part, neglected the east side. On the other side of the coin, I have been on teams that ignore the east, only to get rolled if the reds send tanks that way. 

El Materdor43 #13 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23995 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postpanthermark, on 05 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Another thing with going west is that it’s a slugfest for the heavies. It’s not a quick battle there. It’s protracted. That allows time to roll the east side and flank for quick tanks. Additionally, I don’t go there solo. That is just throwing your tank away. If I get no support that way, I will work the 5 line so that I can spot either way. 

El Materdor43 #14 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23995 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postdarrenv64, on 06 January 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

I love this map. The part that needs to be controlled is the hills in the West. But ignore the Eastern forest at your peril. Every win I've experienced here, a small group moves to the East forest to deny the flank, farm damage, clear that area, then move West towards the hill to provide flank support and possible double envelopment.

I was in a match here, Northern spawn, where the reds pushed five of their heavies North along the zero line, ignoring the hilly forest area at 7/8. There I was, with another medium at E/8, able to pour fire into their sides from hull down positions, farming penetration and track assist damage. Once they were all destroyed, we rolled West along the C line, then South along the East side of the hill, popping over and doing a peek-a-boom along the way. Had nobody gone into the East forest area, those heavies would've been free to create a double  envelopment.

Exactly right. 

Full disclosure, I don’t win every game by going that way. My strategy is to use the east side to my advantage but I don’t go that way solo and expect it to work out very well. Some games the red team has the same idea and it’s good fun dooking it out there. 

panthermark #15 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6558 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 08 January 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Another thing with going west is that it’s a slugfest for the heavies. It’s not a quick battle there. It’s protracted. That allows time to roll the east side and flank for quick tanks. Additionally, I don’t go there solo. That is just throwing your tank away. If I get no support that way, I will work the 5 line so that I can spot either way. 

It depends on the team and your own skill level.  As I mentioned, I will go that route AFTER the battle has started.  I just did it the other day.  I'm training up a Russian crew in an A-20, so I hit the hills first, bobbing and weaving to get some early spots (and do my best to avoid getting shot).  Once my support comes and COUNTED how many tanks I see in the area, I circled all the way back around and wend end to end solo to to get some shots in kill an arty.     However, because I'm usually in a scout or fast medium, I play like a scout on defense as well.  I always keep the big map open, and if I see a red on that flank, I ping it and head straight towards that direction in hopes of protecting the arty and pinning that tank in the corner. 

Basically, I never ignore it, but I never head to that side first. 

darrenv64 #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4254 battles
  • [COPS]

View PostEl Materdor43, on 08 January 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

Exactly right.

Full disclosure, I don’t win every game by going that way. My strategy is to use the east side to my advantage but I don’t go that way solo and expect it to work out very well. Some games the red team has the same idea and it’s good fun dooking it out there. G

Good point. Correction, "Most good games" here. I've had a few matches where I positioned near the West hills and provided fire support for a low damage win, and had matches where I rolled into the East area, only to be severely overrun.

FromBravo2Kilo #17 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12977 battles
  • [47R]
It depends on tank and tier for me but, I lean heavily towards the forest.  It really doesn't matter about the high ground.  You can easily change the outcome of the match when the TDs and camping heavies (in B1 & 2) have to refocus.  I do find it more difficult going south through the forest.  There's more open ground/line of sight for the TDs located in J/H 1 & 2 to cover the eastern flank.

Knot3D #18 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20593 battles

Southspawn I love to play it like this: shootin' whatever emerges from that forest lol ( regardless of it being standard or encounter mode ):

Spoiler

darrenv64 #19 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4254 battles
  • [COPS]

View PostKnot3D, on 12 January 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Southspawn I love to play it like this: shootin' whatever emerges from that forest lol ( regardless of it being standard or encounter mode ):

Spoiler

That makes for some fun. I've done it on two occasions, North spawn, win the forest, continue South in hopes of finding the red arty, then get taken apart. After reading a map strategy article that warned of this, I don't go further South than the F/G line. At that point, depending on circumstance, I'll either stay hull down, looking for targets of opportunity, or turn back North to the C/D line and head West.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users