Possible buff ideas for the AMX CDC

amx cdc hunter of tanks tank destroyer bad gun handling buff ideas debate

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

K00LAIDDRIP #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

ok i'll start, these are one or the other not all at once, buff the pen or other hard stats with a different round in the same gun, add armor above the gun (if really really hull down have some weaker tanks not pen it), slight increase of frontal armor for auto bounce mechanic (to be added to another idea but a watered down version of the other idea), reload speed (on it's own or slightly less but added to another buff), gun handling (my personal preference) make it have better accuracy on the move and a faster aim time, or same aim time and really little dispersion on the move, or very little dispersion on the move and more accuracy, all of these will help it, and since most tanks hit it on the move anyways it only disadvantages tanks that arent paying attention (gives less time to snapshot the cdc if the cdc can snap shot you) 

given that the gun used has various aim times and accuracys, on other tanks i think these are the easiest to change stats, and i also think the dispersion could be changed (on the move, traverse, turret rotation, and firing though it won't fire quick enough to have that help it) 

begbeee_svk #2 Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16476 battles
Some kind of gun buff would be kind, probably dispersion. Leave armor as it is. 

Al Bundy8971 #3 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28909 battles
  • [-L7-]
CDC is fine, teaches you how to play a medium/light 

K00LAIDDRIP #4 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View Postbegbeee_svk, on 01 December 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Some kind of gun buff would be kind, probably dispersion. Leave armor as it is. 

yes, it would be dumb to buff the armor, just adding an option for even the most stubborn to agree, lol

K00LAIDDRIP #5 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostGreaseAndSpread, on 01 December 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

CDC is fine, teaches you how to play a medium/light 

it is far worse than any other medium or light, the reason they call it a medium not a light is because of the match making, and it even makes a poor light, it's speed and camo are poor, it's moving camo is awful, it actually can be ram killed by other lights and i took twice the ram damage as an enemy hmh:amx 13 57, that was a hard blow, i mean i do ok in it, and i have fun, but having some tanks just straight up worse than others makes no sense when we have tiers to arrange tanks, it's sure not by year that's for sure, so having one tier 8 be worse than others is a little messed up each tank has it's own strengths and weaknesses but the strong points of this are dwarfed by most lights, the only thing it has on many of them is decent acceleration and traverse, that does not win battles alone that's for sure, and it still does not traverse fast enough to circle effectively (i play a few styles with it depending on who i platoon with) i must admit it's versatile, but it's so inaccurate unless sitting still, and the camo won't leave you ignored for long, and the "armor" well that's obvious, this tank is supposed to be fast (decently yes it is) poorly armored (big check there) have a td 90mm (yes lovely one) and a single shot auto loading system (no, there is a loader crew member, the only auto loaders with a loader crew are the ones with a clip and a fast interclip reload for the caliber of gun, this has neither) and be accurate in all endeavors (well it's not the least accurate when sitting still, but it's still poor for what is really a td, understandable with the turret though) it's really the loading and the on the move accuracy (moving dispersion or aim time or both) that is lacking, just seems odd is all

alex0lok #6 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19287 battles
  • [BUP]

CDC is abolutely fine as is, in my opinion.

Yes, it has no armor, and camo is average (I think it’s already better than most tier VIII mediums). The reload is quick for a 90mm gun at tier, I actually can’t think of any tier VIII med with obviously better DPM other than the Obj 416.

I do well with the CDC, over 3k wn8 in 250+ games, and I don’t have a special crew for it, I swap between my light/med line and heavy line crew often, so at times I play without any camo or view range skills.

Early game, if the map allow cover, I rush to frontline and spot, use the gun depression to put damage in, you won’t bounce shot but the turret itself is not a big target at mid range, be aware you should have support. Given choices, enemies will shoot the easier targets i.e., your potato teammates. With the mobility, even when arty is in play, you should not get clicked very often, sometimes they get lucky but if that happens too much you are also doing something wrong. Don’t try to 1v1 most lights/mediums, CDC is not built for that.

I run Rammer, Vert Stab, Optics, and Food. Reload at 5.9s. Don’t worry about fire, you should not take hits at the back anyway.

K00LAIDDRIP #7 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View Postalex0lok, on 02 December 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

CDC is abolutely fine as is, in my opinion.

Yes, it has no armor, and camo is average (I think it’s already better than most tier VIII mediums). The reload is quick for a 90mm gun at tier, I actually can’t think of any tier VIII med with obviously better DPM other than the Obj 416.

I do well with the CDC, over 3k wn8 in 250+ games, and I don’t have a special crew for it, I swap between my light/med line and heavy line crew often, so at times I play without any camo or view range skills.

Early game, if the map allow cover, I rush to frontline and spot, use the gun depression to put damage in, you won’t bounce shot but the turret itself is not a big target at mid range, be aware you should have support. Given choices, enemies will shoot the easier targets i.e., your potato teammates. With the mobility, even when arty is in play, you should not get clicked very often, sometimes they get lucky but if that happens too much you are also doing something wrong. Don’t try to 1v1 most lights/mediums, CDC is not built for that.

I run Rammer, Vert Stab, Optics, and Food. Reload at 5.9s. Don’t worry about fire, you should not take hits at the back anyway.

ya, never been set on fire, i will give it that

K00LAIDDRIP #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles
ok, it seems they already buffed it or mine had something wrong, this is much better now, faster, more acceleration, more camo, the one the move accuracy is slightly better (not much) and generally i wrecked in my first non city map and got top of the board and won, nothing too impressive, 2 kills 1400 damage and 2200 assist, with 6 spots, while surviving, but i'll take it, it's leagues better than i was doing before (which was never too bad, at least i was having fun and making silver, but this is great) still not running equipment, but charging the outside of the map to spot for the lemmings and then killing arty was not really that hard without any anyway, but it seems this is not how most use it, i use it for assault/reconnaissance, but many people snipe with it, for me that seems like a waste, i got hit by arty trying (was not paying attention to sixth sense) and didn't do a whole lot because it was ensk and most tanks don't go to the field, city maps are not so good for this, but you can still mess people up by wasting some of their shots, but it's rare they will miss, arty will miss though, loving it a little more now

Venusheuvel #9 Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7294 battles
Kinda frustrating, the disappearing shots fully aimed. Like to see a slightly increase to the shell velocity of the standard shell. But, its a premium. Makes tons of silver. Love, i really love the look of the tank btw.

K00LAIDDRIP #10 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostVenusheuvel, on 04 December 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

But, its a premium. Makes tons of silver. Love, i really love the look of the tank btw.

that's why i bought it, dead sexy tank, and i needed a french premium, and i like the silver making

KimberlyAnn88 #11 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8383 battles

The only big problem of this tank is the gun stabilisation. Mobility is over the top, but what does mobility mean when you have aiming circle with the size of an airfield.

Playing CDC is rewarding, though, so I hope they will buff gun handling. At this point Revalorise is more interesting and comfortable to play as french medium.

K00LAIDDRIP #12 Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostKimberlyAnn88, on 04 December 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

The only big problem of this tank is the gun stabilisation. Mobility is over the top, but what does mobility mean when you have aiming circle with the size of an airfield.

Playing CDC is rewarding, though, so I hope they will buff gun handling. At this point Revalorise is more interesting and comfortable to play as french medium.

Revalorise is an overpowered td with way too much alpha and pen, and if memory serves it even gets camo

K00LAIDDRIP #13 Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostK00LAIDDRIP, on 05 December 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

Revalorise is an overpowered td with way too much alpha and pen, and if memory serves it even gets camo

ok, less moving camo just slightly, but stationary they are the same, can't find firing values for any tanks anywhere

alex0lok #14 Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19287 battles
  • [BUP]

View PostK00LAIDDRIP, on 05 December 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

200 pen is about average for tier VIII mediums

250 pen with gold is definitely underwhelming, consider it’s HEAT which will get trolled big time by spaced armor.

Among tier VIII med, it has the highest alpha (same with the 122 mounting Soviet or Chinese med) and among these 390-alpha med, the best gun handling. However, it doesn’t have much armor (mantlet can bounce sometimes but unreliable) nor mobility (it’s average). Reload is long so it can’t play DPM-war. Accuracy will also let you down at long range.

I say it’s pretty balanced.

K00LAIDDRIP #15 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View Postalex0lok, on 05 December 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

200 pen is about average for tier VIII mediums

250 pen with gold is definitely underwhelming, consider it’s HEAT which will get trolled big time by spaced armor.

Among tier VIII med, it has the highest alpha (same with the 122 mounting Soviet or Chinese med) and among these 390-alpha med, the best gun handling. However, it doesn’t have much armor (mantlet can bounce sometimes but unreliable) nor mobility (it’s average). Reload is long so it can’t play DPM-war. Accuracy will also let you down at long range.

I say it’s pretty balanced.

i guess i forgot to check the pen, silly me, it's just it manages to pen a lot of my tanks that it shouldn't, and as for the one of them i guess the heat is all it takes, sucks though

Soogen7 #16 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7391 battles
Leave the French tanks the way they are !!! 

K00LAIDDRIP #17 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles
fine, but it's just so inaccurate (on the move) 

Soogen7 #18 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7391 battles
You get what you buy no changes !

K00LAIDDRIP #19 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostSoogen7, on 05 December 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

You get what you buy no changes !

fine, never nurff my stark strv s1 then

NombieLord #20 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:33 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30988 battles
  • [BNKR]
The speed/support ability of the CDC isn't enough for you?
If you think you see me coming, you're just imagining things...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users