Possible buff ideas for the AMX CDC

amx cdc hunter of tanks tank destroyer bad gun handling buff ideas debate

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

K00LAIDDRIP #21 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles
support who? and the speed is ok but not enough to out run any shot, not like a light tank can, or even some of my artys can

Soogen7 #22 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7391 battles
If the CDC gets a buff so should the super Sherman ! Etc you buy a tank then they nerf it ? Don't complain to wot then we all suffer !

K00LAIDDRIP #23 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostSoogen7, on 06 December 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

If the CDC gets a buff so should the super Sherman ! Etc you buy a tank then they nerf it ? Don't complain to wot then we all suffer !

which tank is the super sherman? is that that tier 6 i somehow can never pen??

Soogen7 #24 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7391 battles
No it's a tier 8 medium premium tank that has the same armor that the tier 5 Sherman tank with a big gun !

KimberlyAnn88 #25 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8383 battles

View PostK00LAIDDRIP, on 06 December 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

which tank is the super sherman? is that that tier 6 i somehow can never pen??

Soogen7 means M4A1 Revalorisé

K00LAIDDRIP #26 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostKimberlyAnn88, on 06 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Soogen7 means M4A1 Revalorisé

oh, never heard it called the super Sherman, well what would you want as a buff? i mean as you know many of wargamings buffs come with nurffs, what do you think is wrong with it Soogen7? pretty sure it kicks rear being used as a td, is the accuracy not enough for you? maybe the pen (already too much from the shot's i have received in my heavy tanks, is it your aim time?  https://tanks.gg/tan...tats?cs=amx-cdc or maybe the premium rounds just aren't cutting it for you because they are slow heat, you know you pen more spots on tank than apcr with about 50mm more pen right? you just have to aim your shots, not hit debris in the way and watch out for spaced armor, i mean i bet wargaming would gladly trade your heat out for apcr of the same pen, but i don't think you would like the fact that you bounce way more often. https://tanks.gg/tan...ts?cs=m4a1-rev 

Funktastic Ed #27 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles
having that few armor and not being as fast as a light tank is a loosing combo, not very motivating, maybe if it was half the price, i won't invest money in a tank that might be a pain in the shwartz.
"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

K00LAIDDRIP #28 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 06 December 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

having that few armor and not being as fast as a light tank is a loosing combo, not very motivating, maybe if it was half the price, i won't invest money in a tank that might be a pain in the shwartz.

it's a losing combo yes, but not as bad as you think, though light tanks will always do better, it was not a waste of money, maybe if i had enough for the m4a1 rev at the time since the sales were not the same i would have a better tank, but it's not the worst thing you could get, many stock tech tree tanks are worse, which brings me to my next point, how about premium tanks with unlock-able packages? like gun handling for this, or a better engine for the fatherland (look how nurffed it is) 

K00LAIDDRIP #29 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostNombieLord, on 06 December 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

The speed/support ability of the CDC isn't enough for you?

what support? http://www.wotinfo.n...r=8&server=xbox as you can see it's only skill is spotting and capping bases, and it's not too good at that either, and the only reason the m4a1 spots less is because it sits back with all that alpha and pen and snipes, and capping a base just means you're a warm body, a place holder, nothing else

K00LAIDDRIP #30 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

there are only 3 tier 8 premium mediums that are worse than it, and i don't understand why the chieftan/t95 is so low, it kicks me to the garage often no mater the tank i'm in, but i never won it and won't buy it, bad enough i bought the cdc

http://www.wotinfo.n...r=8&server=xbox

also overall it's still really low http://www.wotinfo.n...r=8&server=xbox

http://www.wotinfo.n...r=8&server=xbox

can't leave the tier 8 bracket because it's unfair to compare it to lower tiers and it won't show up

Soogen7 #31 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7391 battles
Got the m4A1 revalorise because it was 30% off ! I like heavy tank more! Like the m6 muntant or any of the kv heavy tanks

K00LAIDDRIP #32 Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostSoogen7, on 14 December 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Got the m4A1 revalorise because it was 30% off ! I like heavy tank more! Like the m6 muntant or any of the kv heavy tanks

same for the cdc, %30

MaxMiner11 #33 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17063 battles

The CDC does best on long range maps. We have a lot of those right?

EDIT: WE DON'T! We lost a lot of the good ones and they were replaced with maps like Icebound and Pilsen.

K00LAIDDRIP #34 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostMaxMiner11, on 16 December 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

The CDC does best on long range maps. We have a lot of those right?

who are you talking to? and no we don't, not from what i can see, were you implying that i am using it wrong and such maps exist or that they don't and the game or tank needs to change? or that these maps don't exist and i am just to suffer in any tank that can't do well in the current setup??

MaxMiner11 #35 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17063 battles

View PostK00LAIDDRIP, on 16 December 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

who are you talking to? and no we don't, not from what i can see, were you implying that i am using it wrong and such maps exist or that they don't and the game or tank needs to change? or that these maps don't exist and i am just to suffer in any tank that can't do well in the current setup??

I was being sarcastic. FYI my win rate in the CDC is around 40%. I am horrible in it as far as winning a game. I can put down decent damage and make good silver, but it is a loser for me. I took the equipment off it. I just can't seem to make it work.

It seems pretty team dependent. If your team will keep the reds off your back, you can dish out the damage. But that seems more and more rare as time goes on. The CDC has no armor. So when you are forced into a close fight, you get penned almost every time. Yet your shots can and will bounce.

If was originally pretty excited about the CDC. Now it sits collecting dust.

MaxMiner11 #36 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17063 battles
The CDC just doesn't seem to have enough of anything to be really good. If one thing was buffed, it might be better. It shoots too slow, doesn't have enough camo, and is too in accurate while moving.

If you could mount two rammers or two vertical stabilizers that might help. Or even a fourth equipment slot.

Apparently some players do great in it. But I am not one of them.

P6X330 #37 Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16054 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostMaxMiner11, on 16 December 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic. FYI my win rate in the CDC is around 40%. I am horrible in it as far as winning a game. I can put down decent damage and make good silver, but it is a loser for me. I took the equipment off it. I just can't seem to make it work.

It seems pretty team dependent. If your team will keep the reds off your back, you can dish out the damage. But that seems more and more rare as time goes on. The CDC has no armor. So when you are forced into a close fight, you get penned almost every time. Yet your shots can and will bounce.

If was originally pretty excited about the CDC. Now it sits collecting dust.

​I own the CDC too, and my narrative about it could be a carbon copy of yours. However, a good player in this tank can make wonders. I have seen a few along the time. 

As someone once said to me, it is not about the tank, it is about how you play it. 

Has most French tanks, they have to be played carefully and skillfully. You will have no forgiveness if you ignore their rules.

I play my CDC as a TD, only, I stay back of the heavies, and wait for vulture opportunities while lighting up the enemy. That does not do good on my damage rate, but it sure helps the team to have an additional spotter. 

Its speed enables you to quickly redeploy if necessary, and to flank when possible. 

I came across a few ace CDC tankers, I would love to platoon with one of them, for the experience. This tank can bring a lot of perks in a battle, when properly tamed.

Here's a good example of what the tank is, and is not...

Edited by P6X330, 16 December 2017 - 07:37 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

alex0lok #38 Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19287 battles
  • [BUP]

View PostMaxMiner11, on 17 December 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

The CDC just doesn't seem to have enough of anything to be really good. If one thing was buffed, it might be better. It shoots too slow, doesn't have enough camo, and is too in accurate while moving.

If you could mount two rammers or two vertical stabilizers that might help. Or even a fourth equipment slot.

Apparently some players do great in it. But I am not one of them.

“It shoots too slow” - then I strongly advise you not to play other tier VIII mediums at all, as I recall only the Obj 416 has better DPM than the CDC.

K00LAIDDRIP #39 Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View Postalex0lok, on 17 December 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

“It shoots too slow” - then I strongly advise you not to play other tier VIII mediums at all, as I recall only the Obj 416 has better DPM than the CDC.

the tank was supposed to have an automatic loading system, these give faster reload times and remove the loader crew member, it's not that it shoots too slow, it's that with all of the other factors you are likely to miss or bounce, and you don't often get the time to have a well aimed shot, since the armor is non existent and the camo won't let you hide, improving any factor would not require a faster rate of fire, but when you are likely to not get many chances, you may want to fire two shots when you only get off one, so the damage you do is reduced because you can never fully use your dpm, because any shots you have can be lost by the enemy just moving slightly, and then the time you find something else to hit and aim in on it you would reload in any other tank too, so having a fast enough reload to hit them twice would make up for that, and it sits in line with the history of the tank, and keeps the gun stats in line with the rest of the game, doing more damage would be out of place for a french antitank 90mm gun, and the tank used a french anti tank 90mm gun historically, and in game there is only one that i know of, so if not better on the move gun handling making it a on the move shooter, then a faster reload making it a more effective sniper, when is the last time you were in a tier 6 and the enemy had a cdc as their only tier 8 and you thought you were screwed? yet it happens often with other tier 8 tanks, even premium ones, i would say if it was a platoon, but you have to think if there is a platoon of even 3 people who have not sold the cdc, then they might have some reason to be in a platoon

MaxMiner11 #40 Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17063 battles

View Postalex0lok, on 16 December 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

Like Koolaid say actual DPM is different. If it just did one thing better, the actual DPM could improve. Thanks for the tip on other tier 8 mediums. As you can see from some of my other stats, the CDC just does not fit me for whatever reason. 

Motherland  56.4% win rate 172 battles

Object 416 58.% win rate, 98 battles

T 44 54% win rate, 111 battles

Panther II 54.4% win rate, 123 battles

The CDC is at 39.57% in 187 battles for me. With 1123 average damage which is around what I get in those other tanks. My wn8 is 1260 and green in it.  That is a little lower than the other ones which reach 1400. The CDC just doesn't quite fit me and I am tired of trying to make it work. I don't see the point any more, when I have better options. If I want a fast tank, I can roll out the Brazilian Bulldog. I have a 54% win rate in that and it gets better mm now than it used to as well.

If someone loves the CDC and it loves them, great. I am not in that group, however.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users