amx cdc hunter of tanks tank destroyer bad gun handling buff ideas debate

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

K00LAIDDRIP #41 Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostMaxMiner11, on 17 December 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Like Koolaid say actual DPM is different. If it just did one thing better, the actual DPM could improve. Thanks for the tip on other tier 8 mediums. As you can see from some of my other stats, the CDC just does not fit me for whatever reason. 

Motherland  56.4% win rate 172 battles

Object 416 58.% win rate, 98 battles

T 44 54% win rate, 111 battles

Panther II 54.4% win rate, 123 battles

The CDC is at 39.57% in 187 battles for me. With 1123 average damage which is around what I get in those other tanks. My wn8 is 1260 and green in it.  That is a little lower than the other ones which reach 1400. The CDC just doesn't quite fit me and I am tired of trying to make it work. I don't see the point any more, when I have better options. If I want a fast tank, I can roll out the Brazilian Bulldog. I have a 54% win rate in that and it gets better mm now than it used to as well.

If someone loves the CDC and it loves them, great. I am not in that group, however.

i love the cdc mostly for the looks, it does not love me back, my win rate is higher than yours yes, but i also usually only use it in platoons, and my friends are usually twice as good at this game than me

MaxMiner11 #42 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17063 battles

View PostK00LAIDDRIP, on 17 December 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

i love the cdc mostly for the looks, it does not love me back, my win rate is higher than yours yes, but i also usually only use it in platoons, and my friends are usually twice as good at this game than me

My win rate it is absolutely terrible. I am not sure why. Of course that is part of my problem in it. Last month I did use it to retrain a crew from the BC ap to go up to the batchat. I was in a lot of maps like Pilsen and icebound with bad teams. That was brutal. It really took my win rate down to its current low. 

Some of it may be that it is a support tank, since it can't brawl well with little to no armor. If the potatoes don't hold the line and they don't, you are dead. But my win rate seems even too low for just randomness. So the only conclusion is that I bring down my team when I drive it. I am not going to sell it but I need to put a lock on the ignition to keep from taking it out of the garage

I will stick to the AMX Chaffee. I have a 56% WR and 2080 wn8 it. I pretty much see the same tiers as the cdc. I am just better in a real light tank.

alex0lok #43 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18799 battles
  • [BUP]

View PostMaxMiner11, on 18 December 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

My win rate it is absolutely terrible. I am not sure why. Of course that is part of my problem in it. Last month I did use it to retrain a crew from the BC ap to go up to the batchat. I was in a lot of maps like Pilsen and icebound with bad teams. That was brutal. It really took my win rate down to its current low. 

Some of it may be that it is a support tank, since it can't brawl well with little to no armor. If the potatoes don't hold the line and they don't, you are dead. But my win rate seems even too low for just randomness. So the only conclusion is that I bring down my team when I drive it. I am not going to sell it but I need to put a lock on the ignition to keep from taking it out of the garage

I will stick to the AMX Chaffee. I have a 56% WR and 2080 wn8 it. I pretty much see the same tiers as the cdc. I am just better in a real light tank.

While win rate is not everything, I am not trying to argue the CDC doesn't work for you, because it obviously doesn't. For everyone, there's just going to be some tank that doesn't work, like the ISU-152 for me, I just can't win or do well in it (comparing to my average level).

My point is I think the CDC does not need a buff, fair if you think it does, that's what a forum is for, I'm cool with everyone's opinion.

If it helps, I have included below couple of gameplays I uploaded where I did fairly well with the CDC, one of which I got Ace Tanker in.  Mind that they are pretty aged, but you will see that I don't really snipe a lot in it.

K00LAIDDRIP #44 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View Postalex0lok, on 18 December 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

While win rate is not everything, I am not trying to argue the CDC doesn't work for you, because it obviously doesn't. For everyone, there's just going to be some tank that doesn't work, like the ISU-152 for me, I just can't win or do well in it (comparing to my average level).

My point is I think the CDC does not need a buff, fair if you think it does, that's what a forum is for, I'm cool with everyone's opinion.

If it helps, I have included below couple of gameplays I uploaded where I did fairly well with the CDC, one of which I got Ace Tanker in.  Mind that they are pretty aged, but you will see that I don't really snipe a lot in it.

please note they seem to have ghost nurffed the cdc at some point, i say this because when my platoon mates pick tanks we often compare horsepower by trying to push each other, as always checking the stats confirms which tank has more power but since my friend reliably pushed me in his FV4202(P) i would say the cdc is running more like it has 500 or less in game horsepower, either way it's handling is not as good as you would think and i can't circle as well as other mediums, not to say it can't, but since it is supposed to be mobile, it should do it a lot better, i think if not because of a lack of horsepower, it might be because of bad tracks, if they fixed this it would be a better circle/assault medium as these almost never rely on armor (speaking of which, i do bounce the occasional shot) 

so basically it is ok at a lot of things and good at none it would seem, run away and dodge shots? too slow, ram things or take hits? don't even try, no armor, circle other tanks? traverse is bad and horsepower seems nurffed, be a full fledged passive sniper? camo is too poor and pen/accuracy combo won't allow long range, be a full fledged passive scout? again speed and camo are too poor, you get spotted and you can't survive anything, even arty hits me during full speed maneuvers.......

so the cdc has a lot of great traits and they are better than some other tier 8's, but they don't work together as well as you would think 

K00LAIDDRIP #45 Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

ok guys, having played more battles in the cdc, i decided that the two things that would help it most for 3 different play styles are the camo rating (minor buff, like make the distance it can be spotted 10 meters more when moving and 15 more when stationary, maybe a little more than that though)

this would help the tank 1000 times more than it would inconvenience the people fighting it.

the second might be up for controversy, make it traverse better, this helps it to avoid shots and to better circle some slower tanks, this also avoids hitting obstacles more which is a surprisingly big problem for this tank.

this would only help the tank 400 times more than it would inconvenience the people fighting it, but not running into things when turning would help it 2300 times more than it would inconvenience the people fighting it, and it also helps it when it's not fighting them.

BONUS: this does not help anyone or harm anyone very much at all, but increasing the shell velocity would make the tank less annoying in certain circumstances, like leading a shot, or taking advantage of small windowed opportunities, if this was done while increasing the pen (typically it would increase the pen to increase the velocity) this would help the tank more but inconvenience a small number of players, it would pen tanks that it was just short on pen to go through, and increase the angle it could pen at, and some tanks have weak spots it can't pen, now it could, all these extra shots help it out but also negatively effect the enemy so doing this is not advised, but if the velocity can be increased without increasing pen, this would be advised.

thank you for reading and i hope that i structured this better than my last few post, please note i will be avoiding making new comments on this post and will try to only reply to others comments, i hope these buffs are in no way going to be seen as making the tank more powerful than it needs to be

Orbtastic1 #46 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40319 battles
  • [UK]
The CDC wasn't nerfed, the 4202 got an engine buff a few patches ago.

K00LAIDDRIP #47 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 19 December 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

The CDC wasn't nerfed, the 4202 got an engine buff a few patches ago.

it just came out, [edited], and it's not an over 1200 hp buff i can tell you that, besides it is in the new premium tech tree, so don't try to pull the wool over my eyes this time, [edited]

why does it say edited for 4 leters? basically lol but with more laugh

Edited by K00LAIDDRIP, 19 December 2017 - 09:47 AM.

Orbtastic1 #48 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40319 battles
  • [UK]
It didn't just come out, it was given to everyone who unlocked the TT 4202 at the point the Action X was released back in Sept 2016.

K00LAIDDRIP #49 Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 19 December 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

It didn't just come out, it was given to everyone who unlocked the TT 4202 at the point the Action X was released back in Sept 2016.

well it just got put into the tech tree for sale, it was not there before, you know i mean the premium right?? it says the horsepower right there, i mean i can test it with other tanks if you don't believe me, i can find others to test with, maybe even one almost as light as the cdc so that is not clouding perspective?

Orbtastic1 #50 Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40319 battles
  • [UK]

I know what it is! I have it. It's a premium tank. It existed in the tech tree before this week.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to argue? It's existed since Sept '16, so well over a year. It got an engine buff a few patches (can't be bothered to check which one) ago which answers your own question(s).

K00LAIDDRIP #51 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 19 December 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

I know what it is! I have it. It's a premium tank. It existed in the tech tree before this week.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to argue? It's existed since Sept '16, so well over a year. It got an engine buff a few patches (can't be bothered to check which one) ago which answers your own question(s).

how does your tank having 510 horsepower answer why it can out push a freaking 1200 horsepower tank????

K00LAIDDRIP #52 Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostOrbtastic1, on 19 December 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

ok, i jsut tested it with the Senshi, it weighs the exact same as the CDC, and only has 570 horsepower, yet it can push the CDC back in a pushing contest, and it does this faster than the FV4202(P) could and this is likely because of the extra 60 horsepower, the only other explanation is the really bad ground resistance, but that's just odd for it to change that much

Tea-boi #53 Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20496 battles
The CDC does have terrible ground resistances. I so wanted this tank to work. But it just doesn't. I would be happy if they lowered its ground resistances and gave it better camo. I had one fabulous game in it where myself and a E75 were up against 10 Reds by ourselves, yes 2 v 10 on el halluf. We won. killed em all. amazing game. But the rest of the games are mostly trying not to get hit. like ensk.

Deus le Volt!

K00LAIDDRIP #54 Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20898 battles

View PostTea-boi, on 19 December 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

The CDC does have terrible ground resistances. I so wanted this tank to work. But it just doesn't. I would be happy if they lowered its ground resistances and gave it better camo. I had one fabulous game in it where myself and a E75 were up against 10 Reds by ourselves, yes 2 v 10 on el halluf. We won. killed em all. amazing game. But the rest of the games are mostly trying not to get hit. like ensk.

it's a love hate tank, but a lot more hate days, that is all i ask, make it not so bad on the bad days, come on 

Tea-boi #55 Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20496 battles
yes lots of hate, a tiny bit of love days, and those days I had to use high octane fuel AND food. So expensive love days as well.

Deus le Volt!

Orbtastic1 #56 Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40319 battles
  • [UK]
There's 3 problems with the think - Ground resistance, gun handling and the comically weak ammo rack. There's nothing wrong with the engine, the 4202 has one of the better ground resistances at the tier.

MaxMiner11 #57 Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17063 battles
If the PC CDC has not received any buffs, there is little to no hope the console version will get any. I doubt it is even on the radar for buffs. I have stripped the equipment, drained the fuel and put a tarp over my CDC.

Tea-boi #58 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20496 battles
I keep thinking about this tank. If you look most tanks that have no armor are either really fast, or really small, or great camo, or great gun. The CDC has no armor but has no other benefits. This is why it struggles. It needs one or two compensating 'great' factors to counter the nil armor. I spend the whole game trying not to get hit or spotted. As soon as you are spotted the reds seek you out. As any hit is guaranteed pen with little in the way of punishment for the attackers. The tank needs something to offset its ease to hit and pen aspects. Its just so big and fat and glass. I use it in live fire only now.

Deus le Volt!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users