Lag Connection issues

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

demonic14sage #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13929 battles
  • [BRTT-]

I remember back in the day you would get lag and see yourself  just in flashing pictures but you were still able to control your tank some what. Around 7 months ago lag have gotten so much worst we're 

you would lose control of your tank  directions and speed of your tank. Causing you to spin in circles an Randomly fall and crash into building and cliffs and rivers 

">Demonic

Rubbelito #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 23167 battles
  • [KOALA]

Can't relate.

Rarely have any lag.

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles

That's kind of a redundant question. If you found out the answer would it matter? Would you keep playing or be less annoyed because you now know the reason?

I'd say the real question is: how much until you've had enough of it? :honoring:

I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

DaLuckyDawg #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38546 battles
I recently switched from 360 to 1X and lag is completely gone. 

IAmJonReaper #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12543 battles
Only time I get lag is if im downloading a game in the background while playing. For whatever reason my ISP and Xbox don't get along when I do that. 

demonic14sage #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13929 battles
  • [BRTT-]

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 30 November 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

That's kind of a redundant question. If you found out the answer would it matter? Would you keep playing or be less annoyed because you now know the reason?

I'd say the real question is: how much until you've had enough of it? :honoring:

I not looking for a end all question on why I'm experiencing so much lag I'm just asking if people are expericing the same problems as  I am and how they fixed it. And It pretty stupid when I getting this lag. Because. I know it's not Internet issues because I'm the only one on it when i get  quick burst of bad lag and it goes back to normal. So I'm guessing it's sever lag 

">Demonic

Rubbelito #7 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

Major

• 23167 battles
  • [KOALA]

View Postdemonic14sage, on 30 November 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

I not looking for a end all question on why I'm experiencing so much lag I'm just asking if people are expericing the same problems as  I am and how they fixed it. And It pretty stupid when I getting this lag. Because. I know it's not Internet issues because I'm the only one on it when i get  quick burst of bad lag and it goes back to normal. So I'm guessing it's sever lag 

On the contrary.

If it were server lag we would all experience it, but we don't.

The internet issue sources goes further than just within you house, you know.

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #8 Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles

View Postdemonic14sage, on 30 November 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

Okay, well one suggestion was to get an xbox 1 because apparently there is no lag on xbox 1 so clearly you are obviously using an xbox 360.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

demonic14sage #9 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13929 battles
  • [BRTT-]
Never mind I can believe I acually believe that someone was going to give actual helpful advice Instead of just critiquing people on literally anything like you  all that comes to mind is hatred. Like wow ... Well I don't even care anymore it was my fault and sorry for for believing in people 
">Demonic

Rubbelito #10 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Major

• 23167 battles
  • [KOALA]

View Postdemonic14sage, on 01 December 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Never mind I can believe I acually believe that someone was going to give actual helpful advice Instead of just critiquing people on literally anything like you  all that comes to mind is hatred. Like wow ... Well I don't even care anymore it was my fault and sorry for for believing in people 

You didn't ask for advice.

You posted a rhetorical question about why the game has so bad lag, while it actually doesn't.

Any lag that you experience most likely comes from communications issues on its way to and from the server, and it can include, but not limited to, your local network (wifi, cable, router etc.), your immediate neighborhood network, your ISP, the internet infrastructure within and outside your country etc. etc.

If it's advice you're looking for, a quick googling got me this:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-networking-guide

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #11 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles

I agree that suggestions to upgrade your xbox gaming system are a little inutile, but this...

View Postdemonic14sage, on 01 December 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

there is more hatred in this post than any else in the thread. Just take it easy. You're right, though, you weren't looking for suggestions and all I'll add to the conversation is that infrequent moments of lag happen (esp on console) with every game played over the interwebs. This game lags more than others for many people and the only response I can give you is one you're not going to like: deal with it.

RapidFoal799301 #12 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20141 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 01 December 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

On the contrary.

The internet issue sources goes further than just within you house, you know.

How did you come to this conclusion?  Do you work in information technology field? Your statement is false. The lag issue is due to WG servers not accepting input after a lvl 3 hop. The servers will continue to send out info, but get stuck on stupid when it comes to receiving. If you have "rubber banding" then yes, its your WiFi, modem, ISP, etc. 

The lag most experience, is when you lose control of your tank. Everything else updates, reds and greens movements  continue to update, you can receive damage and get destroyed,  but new input on the console side does not update. Sometimes a hard reset will fix communication issues, but usually that's reserved for no communication at all, not for sporadic conditions.

Download any networking ping application and see for yourself. I work as a procces control technician in a large papermill, everything is automated and everything communicates over a network. I have years of experience troubleshooting networking issues. 

officially coined the phrase "Mentor Denier"

Rubbelito #13 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

Major

• 23167 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostRapidFoal799301, on 03 December 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Do you work in information technology field? Your statement is false.

Yes, I do.

Explain to me how that statement is false?

RapidFoal799301 #14 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20141 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 03 December 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Yes, I do.

Explain to me how that statement is false?

Obviously you don't or you would have corrected me in your retort, but you didn't. If you work in the field and know so much,  why didn't you go into any detail of why it isn't?

I don't have direct access to WGs servers or i would be able to elaborate. I can speculate and tell you what areas I would look into. 

I would see what protocol the server uses to establish connection, if its a null modem type or actually needs a response from the lvl3 client. Next I would see if the WG server sends and receives info through the same port. 

To further answer your false statement, i would see if its only certain lvl3 clients that are having the communication issue (my guess is this is the reason why only some and not all experience lag). There is some handling of data that WG servers can't resolve and that is the problem.

My diagnosis (or what I would verify if I  had access to WGs servers) is that WGs servers can't handle certain protocols of data transfers.

Now please explain why you think everyone would experience it?

officially coined the phrase "Mentor Denier"

T_reaper_01 #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:34 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5892 battles

View Postdemonic14sage, on 01 December 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Don't worry bud, you didn't say anything wrong. You came to the forums to vent or just see if other people were affected as you were. And while you may receive a few good replies here and there, I agree with you, there's always at least 1 smart àss on here. In fact overall these forums are Toxic, full of egotistical Prícks  that want to inflate their self esteem by projecting sarcasm or superiority over you any chance they get. I swear there's at least 20 brain surgeons and rocket scientist on the Wargaming forums, console and Blitz. 

And just so you know I'm one of the one's that will not demean you and only try to help, yes I sometimes get this lag too, where the tank freezes or continues to move when you're not actually trying to move, and you can't stop it until it's ready. And I have very strong Internet as well, no issues other than Wargaming ( Wot), and I'm on Ps4. Back when I played on Blitz before console, a bunch of us had to constantly perform checks on Pingblotter and constantly send in Tickets to Wargaming to address their servers, and eventually it started to get better, but not completely. Several of my buddies are in the IT field and it's definitely on Wargaming's end. I will say on the Console it happens very much less than on mobile Blitz, but yes it is annoying. 

Keep your head up and just disregard these prícks on here or anywhere else for that matter in life that just want to seem superior to you, there's still good people out here that will give you honest feedback without trying to insult you. Good luck to you 

Sukamal2408 #16 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11546 battles
  • [GRWO]

There is no solution for this also I dont have any answer. I do face lag, and when i do i keep facing it for some time. 

Mine internet connection is fine as i dont face any issues on WOT PC just console. Though other games such as War Thunder and now Armored Warfare works fine on console. So, its problem from Wargaming's end. When it happens simply turn off and take a day of from WOT. Hopefully next day problem should be resolved.

Also tagged with Lag, Connection issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users