World of Tanks Console - 4.2 Update - War Stories "Runaway Tiger" Feedback

war stories runaway tiger 5th story Marianne Durieux

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Widowed2012 #41 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 211 battles
OK got the clips uploaded to Xboxdvr.  Gonna go try again now.

WG Volibear #42 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

QA Analyst

• WG Staff
  • 78 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostWidowed2012, on 07 December 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

OK got the clips uploaded to Xboxdvr.  Gonna go try again now.

Huh, interesting. Could you take a screenshot of your overview map, or grab a clip of it?

Take a look at our new bug report guidelines!

WoT Reddit---> 

Need to submit a support ticket? Click Here!

Widowed2012 #43 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 211 battles
Sure if it'll help  I just finished by charging up the middle into town.  Trying to go around town to the west doesn't work.  I'll go around again after my blood presssure drops some. lol

K00LAIDDRIP #44 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:36 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18840 battles
  • [TDDS]
22 tanks?? wow, love the first mission so far, but i have to grind my tanks, wonder if we will ever see 20 tank battles in game? even special battles like ranked but less blitz that it is now

Widowed2012 #45 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 211 battles
OK WG got the screenshots uploaded.  Had to leave the game this time. Lots of silver spent on this Chapter.  How about letting me keep the tank for helping out? :)

Bob Viper Ace #46 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:35 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7654 battles
  • [HQ]
This is to me my favorite of the War Stories love using the tiger and love having to destroy more then 15 tanks and picking up the Cap KV1 for cheap is great.

Comrade Klakov #47 Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15835 battles

View PostPapax 2112, on 07 December 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

​ Camo and emblems are to the crew more than the tank . Follow me ? French crew but German Tank = French Customized. On The bright side ;  if WS Tanks ever come to Multiplayer Tigre will be a French Tiger I . like Heavy Tank no. 6 is Japanese or the Cap KV 1 is german.

Yeah, let's hope they do make it to multiplayer. I know some tankers that would like that.

Nicholas Sapien #48 Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31463 battles
  • [ACES]

I didn't like the first war stories mission cause the story was a bit boring, this story is almost completely boring, but thats probably because I never liked france or the idea of a rebel

AI has gotten better, almost annoying but I figured their rhythm out and was able to dispatch them

Why did I have to play a stock tiger, how else was I supposed to get the package with the good 88 without using free XP? Free xp that would have been wasted cause after I did research it, I would only play the Tigre for another 2 missions. People would rather waste their free XP on tanks on regular matchmaking.

Perhaps I'm just pissed I had to play the tiger with the awful 75mm gun instead of the 88mm I have on my 3 marked Tiger.

​Member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club [ACES] Armoured Aces "Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny"

1: A leap of faith. An unproveable belief in a reality beyond this world. 2: suicide. Escaping a pointless existence. 3: acceptance of an Absurd existence, and the freedom that comes with creating your own meaning.

"He who snipes snipers, runs the risk of becoming the sniper himself. If you gaze into the scope, the scope gazes back"

JudgedApollo93 #49 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles
  • [BT42]

https://www.youtube....1oHG--q0&t=142s

i did have a alternate version of elc part, but i omitted it and made it a separate video that won't be released. 

link to video i made on it. i have mixed feelings. i love a lot that was added, but i was fine how lights were before...but oh well. seems times have changed and i must adapt.

overall though, i like it. i loved the flags. whoever thought of that, go give them a pat on the back. now only if we can have an elite camo for all seasons. please?

JudgedApollo93 #50 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles
  • [BT42]

View PostJudgedApollo93, on 08 December 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....1oHG--q0&t=142s

i did have a alternate version of elc part, but i omitted it and made it a separate video that won't be released. 

link to video i made on it. i have mixed feelings. i love a lot that was added, but i was fine how lights were before...but oh well. seems times have changed and i must adapt.

overall though, i like it. i loved the flags. whoever thought of that, go give them a pat on the back. now only if we can have an elite camo for all seasons. please?

wait, this was the war stories feedback, my bad

NetoAH5 #51 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12555 battles
  • [D-CKS]

I liked the story since it's plausible within the WWII period and there was in fact a captured Tiger (131).

Finally the Tiger is the monster that it was in real life and you bounce shot after shot even in your first turret package. This should be implemented in multiplayer mode where sometimes even a Sherman and T34 can penetrate the Tiger frontally!!!

In the first chapter there is an issue with the smoke coming out of the exhaust and the flares on the ground.  Sometimes it turns bright red.

Second chapter was difficult to keep up with the scouts so I completed it with a buddy of mine and we split scout destroying duty.

The last chapter was very interesting until you reach the end and can't find the boss.  Still we were able to secure the extraction point and the boss never showed up to stop us.  It felt like capping while the red was just trying to survive.

I like the fact that the silver and XP earnings were slightly increased, could be higher because now you have to upgrade this Tiger I to it's final package for 13k XP.  Conversely I've noticed that the silver earnings in Proving Grounds have been significantly cut! Even after the reduction from 200% to 150% silver bonus I could make a decent amount a tier VIII premium with cheap ammo.  Now that amount seems to have been reduced even further.

I also liked the addition of a female French character.  Reminded me a little bit of Shosanna (AKA Emmuelle Mimieux which sound a little like  Marianne Durieux, in Inglorious Basterds) mixed with Jyn Erso (Rogue One).  This is also plausible as French resistance was comprised of a healthy amount of women.  UNLIKE black female Nazis trying to be force fed in another game! Anyway I really liked this twist. And look at the resemblance of these two female characters.

mcnoople #52 Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33571 battles
  • [47R]

Bug report

First mission immediately after leaving factory.  Turn left past the ammo/repair kits.  Drive past 2 PZ tanks.  There is an invisible object next to a small observation tower.  Don't know if it is supposed to be a rock or a dead tank or a shack that the devs smoke in.  All I know is it ain't right.  Here is your vid.  Have fun.

http://xboxdvr.com/g...ideo/40649448  

290+ tanks played haven't caught 'em all yet  539543

Think you are the best at WOT this link might explain why you are so good at this game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

WG Volibear #53 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

QA Analyst

• WG Staff
  • 78 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostWidowed2012, on 07 December 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

OK WG got the screenshots uploaded.  Had to leave the game this time. Lots of silver spent on this Chapter.  How about letting me keep the tank for helping out? :)

Got the issue to occur from the screeshots you provided! Many thanks! :D

We hope to get the fix out ASAP. I will keep this thread updated with the info.

Thanks for the responses!
~WG Volibear

Take a look at our new bug report guidelines!

WoT Reddit---> 

Need to submit a support ticket? Click Here!

SanguineDrax #54 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11768 battles
  • [WREN]

View PostRoger Stryker, on 07 December 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

Just watched somebody else play through the last part of it. Or, rather, try to play through it. Something must have gone wrong; the boss never spawned in, or something, so he was just driving around the map for however long it was. It's possible he missed something, but it really didn't look like it. Someone at the company might need to take a look at...well, I don't know what all---the scripting, or whatever. Defended the town and then---...nothing after that.

this just happened to me. Killed everything. Drove around and around nothing spawned just said defend the base. 

Xbox one 

PioreM #55 Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

Private

• Players
  • 28858 battles
  • [300]

Hey WG, 

I love the Runaway Tiger, but I have a gut feeling it broke Ace Tankers again. Few of high damage + high assisted + 4 - 8 frags games, and I've got 2nd class tops...

Anyone else struggling?

mjaue #56 Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7121 battles

Really liked the new chapter in war stories. Especially the fact that "no ammo or repair pickup" is not longer a secondary goal lets you use a much wider variety of tanks to play trough this chapter.

AI also seems a lot more capable than they used to.

Last map is visually very nice, and gives you a real challenge when played with light tanks.

New light tank drivers can really learn a lot in regards of spotting mechanics, situational awareness and light tank tactics from this.

Also encountered same problem as mentioned above in regards to not being able to trigger "the defend town" at last map. Happens when I choose the western part of the map as approach to the town.

ResSwi5910 #57 Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11843 battles
Figure the glitch out!! On op 3 of the Runaway Tiger, if you attack the enemy from the west (flanking them as they attack the town) no more enemies spawn at all and the mission cannot be completed unless restarted. I confirmed this 3 times in a row before I figured out how to get around it. Lost 2 hours working on it. Fix this please. 

ResSwi5910 #58 Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11843 battles

View PostSanguineDrax, on 08 December 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

this just happened to me. Killed everything. Drove around and around nothing spawned just said defend the base. 

Xbox one 

​I was able to fix this by approaching from the middle. I approached from the west before to flank the enemy but the boss never spawned. 3 times in a row. 

JustDUDE #59 Posted Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22033 battles
Has anyone played through with a different tank?  I have had tanks spawn in behind and directly in front of me after I have killed the ones in my area.  Literally dropped in and bounced their suspension shoot and ammo rack me or shoot me in the tail... so frustrating to see the ai cheat.

mcnoople #60 Posted Today, 04:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33571 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJustDUDE, on 10 December 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Has anyone played through with a different tank?  I have had tanks spawn in behind and directly in front of me after I have killed the ones in my area.  Literally dropped in and bounced their suspension shoot and ammo rack me or shoot me in the tail... so frustrating to see the ai cheat.

​I had an SP1c or whatever the high tier german light tank is called do this.  It literally appeared out of thin in the factory in the first mission.  He used his cloaking device and rendered in 70 meters in front of my tank, he didn't drive to get there he was just suddenly there.

290+ tanks played haven't caught 'em all yet  539543

Think you are the best at WOT this link might explain why you are so good at this game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users