Full news text

IBROX 04 #2 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17512 battles
  • [BNKR]

Cap KV-1 nice price. :great:.

I probably should use it more. 

https://www.sbhscotland.org.uk         Currently playing PS4, just for a change. 

DerailedWingnut #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20354 battles
  • [WLPK]
Can’t wait to not play it!

Check out The Bunker: HTTPS://TheBunker.FreeForums.Net

Mastery 99% Mastery 95 % Mastery 80% Mastery 50% All Nation Tanks Elite Italics = Grinding * = Mark Of Excellence

YCS-186 #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16019 battles
  • [HJCAD]
Whoa, wait a minute. You're giving us a STOCK Tiger 1 for this? As in one that has the 75mm? That was one of the worst stock grinds I've ever done in WoT, really not looking forward to this anymore.
My Tank Collection //Last Updated 03/01/2018\\:

Semi-retired from WoT. I'll still come back for earn ops, freebies, and new nations/tanks, but these days I do the majority of my tanking in AW and GuP: DTM.

Rarefication #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17136 battles
  • [RATT]
What a great price on the Captured. Insane!

Meltheacin #6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12966 battles

View PostYCS-186, on 06 December 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Whoa, wait a minute. You're giving us a STOCK Tiger 1 for this? As in one that has the 75mm? That was one of the worst stock grinds I've ever done in WoT, really not looking forward to this anymore.

Its not as bad as it sounds plus it looks like they buffed the xp and silver (not 100% sure on silver boost) you get from the 1st go thru of the Story mode. I just beat it and thinking of trying the Challenge mode to see if the pay out is just as nice. Word of advice, bring 2 repair kits because my ammo rack kept getting damaged in the 1st mission, which means certain death due to low dpm.

I did happen to come across a glitch. I had 8k xp on the Tigre after the 1st mission (failed twice due to damaged ammo rack) and decided to use some of my free xp for the upgrade. After researching the upgrade, I didn't lose any of my free xp and still retained a little over 3k xp still on the Tigre. Not really sure why but hey, no lost free xp :). Even if that does get fixed, the boost in xp is good enough to get you fully upgraded fast.

Update: Did the 1st mission in Challenge mode driving the Tigre. Got 35,058 silver and 1,756 xp with 0 ops turned on. I noticed my 3x xp modifier was on after completing the campaign the first go thru so that might have affected the xp. Odd thing is, I don't know why that it was on because I never turned it on the last time I was in multiplayer.

Edited by Meltheacin, 07 December 2017 - 02:13 AM.

Zeon Will Never Fall
From Zeon Zum Deikun, all the way to Full Frontal,
 we will never give up our goal of independence.

Corporal Derpy #7 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20213 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostYCS-186, on 06 December 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'd almost stick to the stock version for it, and you can just farm it quite a few times for XP for the other missions.

Having a 2.37s reload with absurd gun performance on a tank that is as mobile as the fully upgraded Tiger is bloody hilarious.

View PostMeltheacin, on 07 December 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Word of advice, bring 2 repair kits because my ammo rack kept getting damaged in the 1st mission, which means certain death due to low dpm.

Never got the Rack damaged once.

When I had the French lass in it and then the other two times where I had stuck my best Jerry in the tank.

There's only a few tanks that can pen you to be fair and they usually decide to only make you face them in easy scenarios to 1v1 the only one capable of penning.

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

YCS-186 #8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16019 battles
  • [HJCAD]

View PostMeltheacin, on 07 December 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

Its not as bad as it sounds plus it looks like they buffed the xp and silver (not 100% sure on silver boost) you get from the 1st go thru of the Story mode. I just beat it and thinking of trying the Challenge mode to see if the pay out is just as nice. Word of advice, bring 2 repair kits because my ammo rack kept getting damaged in the 1st mission, which means certain death due to low dpm.

Yeah after trying it I noticed that the tank thankfully only needs 13k xp to get fully upgraded, and they pit you against tier III to V tanks where your armor is actually effective. I hope they did buff the xp and silver, but I haven't noticed anything so far. Two repair kits are part of my standard loadout for all of my tanks, so I've got that covered.

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 07 December 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

I'd almost stick to the stock version for it, and you can just farm it quite a few times for XP for the other missions.

Having a 2.37s reload with absurd gun performance on a tank that is as mobile as the fully upgraded Tiger is bloody hilarious.

I'll have to try farming xp in the first mission, it seems like it will be easy enough once my connection improves later tonight (failed it twice earlier because of normal evening connection issues). I would like to get the tank fully upgraded if there's an easy way to do it. I still kind of want to smack the crew around, though. All those Tigers in that facility, and they stole the only one that wasn't fully upgraded. :teethhappy:

One thing I did notice, though, is that the Petit Tigre is listed as a French tank. Therefore it gets French camo and inscriptions. This is really cool, and makes the tank unique compared to all the other Tigers in the game. I'd like to get it customized at some point, those French camo patterns look really good on a Tiger.

My Tank Collection //Last Updated 03/01/2018\\:

Semi-retired from WoT. I'll still come back for earn ops, freebies, and new nations/tanks, but these days I do the majority of my tanking in AW and GuP: DTM.

Corporal Derpy #9 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20213 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostYCS-186, on 07 December 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

One thing I did notice, though, is that the Petit Tigre is listed as a French tank. Therefore it gets French camo and inscriptions. This is really cool, and makes the tank unique compared to all the other Tigers in the game. I'd like to get it customized at some point, those French camo patterns look really good on a Tiger.

Aye.

Most of the French ones in my opinion aren't great to begin with, but there are a few that are visually appealing on it. Although unless you take them out on other War Stories you don't get to see anything but the Desert one.

It's hopefully something they continue with War Stories from now on if we're lucky.

You have a tank that by default is good when Stock and just good overall compared to all the previous ones (M4 is meh, Centurion is awful at what it faces and so are the Cromwell/M41).

But then to add on to that you have it being a tank of one nation, being able to use camouflages and the like of another nation which by all means they could have and should have done with Emcha. You finally have tanks which actually have some sort of 'uniqueness' to them because it's a Tiger with French camouflage instead of just a typical Tiger with slightly boosted stats that you can only use in one mode.

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

aGundamDownHere #10 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16112 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 06 December 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

There's only a few tanks that can pen you to be fair and they usually decide to only make you face them in easy scenarios to 1v1 the only one capable of penning.

Except on the second mission, when you get up to/a little passed the western base. Then there’s two heavies that just plain frag your sorry behind as they flank you from spawn, rendering all the time and effort useless. The missions have gotten longer, which wouldn’t be a bad thing except for the fact you’re inevitably gonna get wrecked at the end of the mission and get sent back to start. Just glad I turned the volume down. The narrator’s voice really gets on my nerves.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

salomon2007 #11 Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31840 battles
I've not finished all chapters yet, but 1st chapter's Map is decent and I want WG to replace "Scorpion Mountain pass(?)"  with this dessert map.:teethhappy:

Jimbleborg #12 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4766 battles
I'm slowly working through the War Stories. I have a fully upgraded tiger in my garage, will this make a difference when I get to this story?

Corporal Derpy #13 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20213 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostaGundamDownHere, on 07 December 2017 - 04:46 AM, said:

Except on the second mission, when you get up to/a little passed the western base. Then there’s two heavies that just plain frag your sorry behind as they flank you from spawn, rendering all the time and effort useless. The missions have gotten longer, which wouldn’t be a bad thing except for the fact you’re inevitably gonna get wrecked at the end of the mission and get sent back to start. Just glad I turned the volume down. The narrator’s voice really gets on my nerves.

I did not meet these two Heavies. If they were supposed to appear before the bridge then I missed them.

But at the bridge the game spawned a IV H and a VK.30, only the IV H was capable of penning my tank if I gave him my side. The only genuine threat that mission was the Tiger I at the hand but then there's Repairs in the village when he spawns anyway.

The only one of these that I think was rather poor was the final one, as due to having allies finally you can't farm the full damage but you're also stuck with the annoying capping mechanic too which they could really do without in WS.

Garage : 

SprungNickel427 #14 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23938 battles
  • [UMFF5]

do we get a free female French crew out of this war stories? 

Good Price on Captured  KV-1 , a tank I've wanted but  never pulled the trigger on. At 65% off it's likely to be in the garage here shortly.

Jimbleborg #15 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4766 battles

View PostJimbleborg, on 07 December 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm slowly working through the War Stories. I have a fully upgraded tiger in my garage, will this make a difference when I get to this story?

Okay, worked it out. You get the stock tank and basic ammo, no consumables.

Serpia WG #16 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 2346 battles
  • [ONE]

View PostJimbleborg, on 07 December 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

No, for Was Stories we have separate tanks, so your multiplayer progress can`t affect it (unfortunately if you already own this tank and fortunately if you didn`t even start this tech tree).

View PostSprungNickel427, on 07 December 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

do we get a free female French crew out of this war stories? 

Good Price on Captured  KV-1 , a tank I've wanted but  never pulled the trigger on. At 65% off it's likely to be in the garage here shortly.

Yes :) The Story crew is available for all game modes! 

ALG BraveRifles #17 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44472 battles
Is anyone finished with the third chapter Defend the Allied Town? I went to the west and destroyed 8 vehicles the panther being the last and then nothing happened, no enemies or update to the mission. I've just been sitting in the town. Is this a glitch?

Bob Viper Ace #18 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8283 battles
  • [HQ]
After you get to the town you have to find a marker and go inside the Small green circle to trigger the next phase

Pontiac Pat #19 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 19271 battles
  • [47R]

View PostRecon3ACR, on 07 December 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Is anyone finished with the third chapter Defend the Allied Town? I went to the west and destroyed 8 vehicles the panther being the last and then nothing happened, no enemies or update to the mission. I've just been sitting in the town. Is this a glitch?

If the allied tanks all die it hangs.  It's a glitch and has been reported.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

BT4 Swat #20 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 27758 battles
war stories is a waste of time in my opinion. Waste of my time to play it and a waste of the developers time when he or she could be working on something more important. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users