• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Kaboost #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15272 battles
  • [JOCO]

The ELC AMX, T71, and VK 28.01 have been made completely unplayable for me. I'm so sad I don't even want to attempt to play them, it would just feel wrong. You can call me greedy but the ELC and VK need the Awful Panther treatment. Anyone who elited them receive the old version upon request. It's the only thing that would make me okay with this update and I know I'm greedy for saying it. I know WG won't do it, they didn't when the M5 Stuart lost the derp and I fully expect to lose 3 of my favorite tanks forever.

In other news the mid tier light tanks look really bad. They all have bad accuracy, mediocre view range, and some of them got thier top speed lowered. The auto loaders are the big losers because they got rounds taken away and extended times between shots. Those French lights look like utter garbage. The auto loader for the Walker Bulldog was completely removed and the single shot got a lower rate of fire even though it went up a tier. Although the alpha damage was buffed.

Then you got the biggest problem about this update and that is the fact that you straight screwed over people grinding for the French mediums and the T57 heavy. A very small percentage of people actually take the time to check the forums, a warning on the games portal would of made these players a little less mad. I don't really see how you can diffuse their frustration. Maybe let them move the xp to the T69, BC 12t and 50 100 if they message you within this week. Although I doubt you'd be willing to do that for them.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Corporal Derpy #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostKaboost, on 07 December 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

A very small percentage of people actually take the time to check the forums, a warning on the games portal would of made these players a little less mad. 

Trust me mate.

We didn't receive much warning on here either except for an accidental leak the night before.

Garage : 

pr0fit0fcanabis #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles
I understand your position and it will be popular on the forums I am sure.  Newton law does apply though because on my first pass through I liked the changes.  With the changes to the tanks and mm now they feel balanced to me.  Even though they are not as good, not having to see a -3 more than makes up for it. 

AJH387 #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15525 battles
  • [HLCAT]
The tree adjustments bother me the most. I just started the AMX 90 recently (not upgraded yet). Now I have to buy a tank that is a tier lower and regrind, to get the medium I was gringing towards. That is annoying, for sure. I would rather have both tier 10 French mediums, before I go for the French light tier 10. 

Akherousia6 #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18005 battles
  • [KMD]

"I'm a light tank player..."
*Proceeds to list three light tanks that people only play for their reputation of being rather overpowered for light tanks

I'm surprised you didn't add the Bulldog and T49 to that list. :D
Sorry you can't seal club in your precious ELC or T71. Sorry you can't derp in your 28 anymore. There are a lot of issues with this update, I'd agree, but it's also day one and we haven't really played these enough to actually have a conclusive, unbiased and educated opinion just yet. More importantly, it's hard to take someone seriously when all your post reads as, for me, at least, is 'oh no! I can't exploit my favorite lights anymore!'

I'm not going to defend the update just yet because I haven't played it much just yet, but considering these lights and matchmaking have been live on PC for months now and the community has pretty much adapted perfectly after giving it a week or two, I think there's a slight chance you might be over-exaggerating.

Also, bear in mind that we have the pre-nerfed versions of these tanks, so... yeah, no sympathy here.

...I don't know what to put here now...

Kaboost #6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15272 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 06 December 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

I understand your position and it will be popular on the forums I am sure.  Newton law does apply though because on my first pass through I liked the changes.  With the changes to the tanks and mm now they feel balanced to me.  Even though they are not as good, not having to see a -3 more than makes up for it. 

I hope you're right, I'll have to give a few a go

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Paladin LM17 #7 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostAkherousia6, on 07 December 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

*Proceeds to list three light tanks that people only play for their reputation of being rather overpowered for light tanks

Sorry you can't seal club in your precious ELC or T71. Sorry you can't derp in your 28 anymore. There are a lot of issues with this update, I'd agree, but it's also day one and we haven't really played these enough to actually have a conclusive, unbiased and educated opinion just yet. More importantly, it's hard to take someone seriously when all your post reads as, for me, at least, is 'oh no! I can't exploit my favorite lights anymore!'

I'm not going to defend the update just yet because I haven't played it much just yet, but considering these lights and matchmaking have been live on PC for months now and the community has pretty much adapted perfectly after giving it a week or two, I think there's a slight chance you might be over-exaggerating.

Also, bear in mind that we have the pre-nerfed versions of these tanks, so... yeah, no sympathy here.

T71

Saw tier 10

Seal clubber

Wut

Also, lights are probably the most difficult class to play what with the corridor maps

Edited by PaladinLM17, 07 December 2017 - 04:38 AM.

Akherousia6 #8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18005 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

T71

Saw tier 10

Seal clubber

Wut

Clearly applying to the AMX ELC.
The T71 is definitely one of the best VII lights, tier for tier, though. Well, was until this update. Now I have no idea where it stands.

Don't think catching me on semantics negates the fact that he's complaining because he can no longer exploit tanks that were too good for their tier.

Paladin LM17 #9 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

When you complain about someone seal clubbing but have 620 battles in the KV-220

Paladin LM17 #10 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostAkherousia6, on 07 December 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

Clearly applying to the AMX ELC.
The T71 is definitely one of the best VII lights, tier for tier, though. Well, was until this update. Now I have no idea where it stands.

Don't think catching me on semantics negates the fact that he's complaining because he can no longer exploit tanks that were too good for their tier.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

When you complain about someone seal clubbing but have 620 battles in the KV-220

Hmmmmmmmmmmm do I sense some hypocrisy 

pr0fit0fcanabis #11 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

He didn't complain he comiserated with.  He is sorry the seal clubbing is over.  He knows the joys of clubbing.   

Akherousia6 #12 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18005 battles
  • [KMD]

If you think having experience doing something disqualifies someone from speaking about that subject, then you're being illogical and naive. I was absolutely a dirty sealclubber back then. If you want to stat shame, how about you look through my recent history and see how many times I've played the KV-220-2 in the past five months, or even a year? I'd be surprised if it was more than five times, honestly. I used to play it regularly, but this was ages ago. More importantly, you have to realize that it was one of my first premium tanks, so that was another reason.

I definitely club from time to time, but I do it a hell of a lot less now than I used to and holding me accountable for things I did in the past is hardly a very rational or valid approach to this discussion. If the whole 'your point is only valid if you are infallible' angle is the way you play your debates, then you're really not worth the time, mate. I won't waste my time discussing something with an individual who constantly looks for loopholes to avoid addressing the point in question.

Oh, and I left out the most important fact: I would not complain about one of my 'seal clubbing tanks' being balanced out to better fit the game. That is a huge factor here.

Reaper0fGamez #13 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15470 battles
  • [GUN-R]
OP thanks for pointing out every problem with this update
I was never a fan of T10 lights update on the PC but we all knew they would come on console whether we like it or not (to me lights are simply moved up a tier figuratively with nerfed stats and that claims of standard +2/-2 matchmaking is nothing different substantially from the previous +3 mm)

but all those nerfs on lights are at wg's discretion , fine too
i agree with OPs point on the lack of premium tank gift option to original owners of nerfed tanks

also thanks for pointing out how they screw up grinders for meds without warning whatsoever

3 MOE: Pz. IV  H, Tiger (P), VK 100.01 (P), Rhm.-Borsig, WT auf Pz. IV, Challenger, M26 Pershing, Type 59, T-44, M4A1 Revalorisé,

ST-I, AMX ELC bis, Boilermaker, O-I EXP, AMX 50 100, Type 61, E 75, T-54, Crusader, WZ-132

Paladin LM17 #14 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 07 December 2017 - 04:46 AM, said:

He didn't complain he comiserated with.  He is sorry the seal clubbing is over.  He knows the joys of clubbing.   

I think he's salty because he wasn't able, and now never will be able, to club seals with the ELC

Corporal Derpy #15 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

Sorry you can't seal club in your precious ELC or T71. Sorry you can't derp in your 28 anymore. 

Okay.

ELC I get, it's got good alpha with absurdly high pen especially on the APCR for it's tier, fantastic mobility and camo value, the tracks appear to be made of whatever the hell Thor's hammer is made out of and despite supposedly having bad gun performance it's incredibly reliable at shooting on the move.

T71, quite good tier for tier although personally I preferred the WZ-131.

But the VK? I've only recently seen the first positive opinion of it from Chim and now this, everything prior that I saw was always negative about this tank and how as far as VI Lights go it was one of the more poor ones with only being unique on it's good points list.

I'd say the ELC AMX would be more viable for clubbers.

It was one of, if not the best Tier V Light by a long shot and it's in the Tech Tree, to grind and purchase at any point.

The KV-220-2 on the other hand is a Rare Premium that would only be available for small periods of time when it went on sale up until the Earn Ops for the Bogatyr although you can still get V games without them. 

And these days you might as well consider it guaranteed that the tank will only be available in an overpriced bundle.

It can also be pointed out that with 248mm of APCR penetration, the ELC could reliably penetrate the KV-220-2 while firing on the move.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:48 AM, said:

I think he's salty because he wasn't able, and now never will be able, to club seals with the ELC

Why on earth would this make him salty?

Please do explain.

Garage : 

Paladin LM17 #16 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostAkherousia6, on 07 December 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

If you think having experience doing something disqualifies someone from speaking about that subject, then you're being illogical and naive. I was absolutely a dirty sealclubber back then. If you want to stat shame, how about you look through my recent history and see how many times I've played the KV-220-2 in the past five months, or even a year? I'd be surprised if it was more than five times, honestly. I used to play it regularly, but this was ages ago. More importantly, you have to realize that it was one of my first premium tanks, so that was another reason.

I definitely club from time to time, but I do it a hell of a lot less now than I used to and holding me accountable for things I did in the past is hardly a very rational or valid approach to this discussion. If the whole 'your point is only valid if you are infallible' angle is the way you play your debates, then you're really not worth the time, mate. I won't waste my time discussing something with an individual who constantly looks for loopholes to avoid addressing the point in question.

Oh, and I left out the most important fact: I would not complain about one of my 'seal clubbing tanks' being balanced out to better fit the game. That is a huge factor here.

If you think a tier 5 tank that regularly saw tier 7 and 8 games is a seal clubber you're being a bit silly, the Chaffee was a much better rounded tier 5 light. The ELC was just fun to play now the fun is gone

Paladin LM17 #17 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 07 December 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Okay.

ELC I get, it's got good alpha with absurdly high pen especially on the APCR for it's tier, fantastic mobility and camo value, the tracks appear to be made of whatever the hell Thor's hammer is made out of and despite supposedly having bad gun performance it's incredibly reliable at shooting on the move.

But the VK? I've only recently seen the first positive opinion of it from Chim and now this, everything prior that I saw was always negative about this tank and how as far as VI Lights go it was one of the more poor ones with only being unique on it's good points list.

I'd say the ELC AMX would be more viable for clubbers.

It was one of, if not the best Tier V Light by a long shot and it's in the Tech Tree, to grind and purchase at any point.

The KV-220-2 on the other hand is a Rare Premium that would only be available for small periods of time when it went on sale up until the Earn Ops for the Bogatyr although you can still get V games without them. 

And these days you might as well consider it guaranteed that the tank will only be available in an overpriced bundle.

It can also be pointed out that with 248mm of APCR penetration, the ELC could reliably penetrate the KV-220-2 while firing on the move.

Please do explain.

Because he's a seal clubber and realised the power of the ELC when it was too late

KillerDNA #18 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 45181 battles
  • [LIGHT]
Seals had absolutely no problem rushing my ELC and autolock-snapshotting it to death before. Now they have a guarenteed chance to [edited]it up doing so.
ELC wasnt OP at all, especially with all the [edited]maps. I dont think ANY light tank is OP because its usually very simple for RNG to bless a shell into their engine with little effort of aiming or knowing weakspots.

The nerf to ELC speed broke it completely. Cant even dodge a shot or flank a tank wiilthout getting RB-RT'd to death.

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

IconicNemesis #19 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9454 battles
Uhmm so what about the T71 is bad now because compared to the rest at tier 7 it looks like it was barely touched 

Akherousia6 #20 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18005 battles
  • [KMD]

Okay.

The VK 28 is a very niche tank, but I see people rant and rave about how great its howitzer is all the time, so while it's not a popular or common choice, it's the kind of tank certain people are drawn to in order to exploit a certain playstyle. Though, a 105 at Tier VI seeing VII and VIII isn't really that OP, it's the mentality behind playing it that tends to be rather 'clubber-esque'. 

Please do explain.

Imagine if he saw how many games I played in the Tetrarch. Oh, I've definitely clubbed...

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

If you think a tier 5 tank that regularly saw tier 7 and 8 games is a seal clubber you're being a bit silly, the Chaffee was a much better rounded tier 5 light. The ELC was just fun to play now the fun is gone

The ELC had a Tier VIII gun at Tier V, and was an absolute monster in Tier VI matches. It would mercilessly tear apart Vs and IVs without prejudice. Yeah, the Chaffee was more balanced, but that's the thing, the ELC had all of its strengths funneled into two categories: ridiculous gun and absurd speed. A seal clubber's wet dream.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Because he's a seal clubber and realised the power of the ELC when it was too late

I only played through the AMX ELC to go through the AMX line, but I liked the 12 t and decided to stick with it for a while. The ELC was a blast and I did pretty good in it. Would have done better if I actually tried to stick with it, but it wasn't for me. Try again. Any other assumptions you desperately want to believe because it gives you the illusion of having a leg to stand on?

Actually, don't bother, I think I humiliated you enough by shutting down every poor attempt at an argument you've thrown my way and I need to get some sleep. It was pretty fun seeing you try, though. Makes me wonder what I did to piss you off so much, because I'm guessing this is either personal for you or you just feel very strongly about these tanks and seal clubbing. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users