• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Corporal Derpy #21 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

If you think a tier 5 tank that regularly saw tier 7 and 8 games is a seal clubber you're being a bit silly, the Chaffee was a much better rounded tier 5 light. The ELC was just fun to play now the fun is gone

I saw way too many ELC's in my V's then if it's supposedly regularly in VII-VIII.

And boy is it fun watching this 240 alpha gun go full speed and fire at your tank almost 300m away and hit. Would be nice if the guns that didn't take off that much HP at that tier performed that well.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

Because he's a seal clubber and realised the power of the ELC when it was too late

So he's a seal clubber why? Because of games played over a year ago?

Should I de-value anything you point out by proclaiming you are a seal clubber for 300+ games in a T14?

Garage : 

SlagInGristle #22 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33899 battles
  • [6SIC6]
I like the update....
:bush:

Corporal Derpy #23 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostAkherousia6, on 07 December 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

Imagine if he saw how many games I played in the Tetrarch. Oh, I've definitely clubbed...

200+ games in the T7 CC and no Fadin's.

I'm going to smack you.

Garage : 

Kaboost #24 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13474 battles

View PostAkherousia6, on 06 December 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

"I'm a light tank player..."
*Proceeds to list three light tanks that people only play for their reputation of being rather overpowered for light tanks

I'm surprised you didn't add the Bulldog and T49 to that list. :D
Sorry you can't seal club in your precious ELC or T71. Sorry you can't derp in your 28 anymore.

I play other lights those are the ones that were changed the most. And unless the opinions have changed since I've been gone the VK and T49 were not overpowered.

More importantly, it's hard to take someone seriously when all your post reads as, for me, at least, is 'oh no! I can't exploit my favorite lights anymore!'

I can't speak for everyone and I'm bad at grammar/typing

I'm not going to defend the update just yet because I haven't played it much just yet, but considering these lights and matchmaking have been live on PC for months now and the community has pretty much adapted perfectly after giving it a week or two, I think there's a slight chance you might be over-exaggerating.

Some people don't check the forums or even follow what's going on in the PC version and I will agree with you that for the most part I am probably over-exaggerating

Lights tanks need love

​give them back thier view range and buff traverse speeds

KillerDNA #25 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41155 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 06 December 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

And boy is it fun watching this 240 alpha gun go full speed and fire at your tank almost 300m away and hit. Would be nice if the guns that didn't take off that much HP at that tier performed that well.

Sure as hell would have been nice if my ELC ever had a not fully aimed in shot hit a target. No, i almost always have to fully aim in before i shoot. Even if i wait a tenth of a second before it aims ill miss. My autolocks would hit 1/20 times too. I never get the blessed RNG bias that everyone else gets in this game. Im constantly screwed over while potato brains feel so pro by RB-RT'ing me to death.

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

Paladin LM17 #26 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

The VK 28 is a very niche tank, but I see people rant and rave about how great its howitzer is all the time, so while it's not a popular or common choice, it's the kind of tank certain people are drawn to in order to exploit a certain playstyle. Though, a 105 at Tier VI seeing VII and VIII isn't really that OP, it's the mentality behind playing it that tends to be rather 'clubber-esque'. 

Imagine if he saw how many games I played in the Tetrarch. Oh, I've definitely clubbed...

The ELC had a Tier VIII gun at Tier V, and was an absolute monster in Tier VI matches. It would mercilessly tear apart Vs and IVs without prejudice. Yeah, the Chaffee was more balanced, but that's the thing, the ELC had all of its strengths funneled into two categories: ridiculous gun and absurd speed. A seal clubber's wet dream.

I only played through the AMX ELC to go through the AMX line, but I liked the 12 t and decided to stick with it for a while. The ELC was a blast and I did pretty good in it. Would have done better if I actually tried to stick with it, but it wasn't for me. Try again. Any other assumptions you desperately want to believe because it gives you the illusion of having a leg to stand on?

Actually, don't bother, I think I humiliated you enough by shutting down every poor attempt at an argument you've thrown my way and I need to get some sleep. It was pretty fun seeing you try, though. Makes me wonder what I did to piss you off so much, because I'm guessing this is either personal for you or you just feel very strongly about these tanks and seal clubbing. :D

I would hardly call the 90mm F3 a tier 8 gun lol, the BDRG1 got a similar (Same..?) gun and that was on a heavy that was top tier alot.

You've hardly humiliated me as you've put it, being a huge hypocrite and acting smug and superior isn't really humiliating me.

KillerDNA #27 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41155 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

I would hardly call the 90mm F3 a tier 8 gun lol, the BDRG1 got a similar (Same..?) gun and that was on a heavy that was top tier alot.

You've hardly humiliated me as you've put it, being a huge hypocrite and acting smug and superior isn't really humiliating me.

ARL heavy tank gets the same gun too but with better handling. Was it nerfed as well?

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

Paladin LM17 #28 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

The VK 28 is a very niche tank, but I see people rant and rave about how great its howitzer is all the time, so while it's not a popular or common choice, it's the kind of tank certain people are drawn to in order to exploit a certain playstyle. Though, a 105 at Tier VI seeing VII and VIII isn't really that OP, it's the mentality behind playing it that tends to be rather 'clubber-esque'. 

The ELC had a Tier VIII gun at Tier V, and was an absolute monster in Tier VI matches. It would mercilessly tear apart Vs and IVs without prejudice. Yeah, the Chaffee was more balanced, but that's the thing, the ELC had all of its strengths funneled into two categories: ridiculous gun and absurd speed. A seal clubber's wet dream.

I only played through the AMX ELC to go through the AMX line, but I liked the 12 t and decided to stick with it for a while. The ELC was a blast and I did pretty good in it. Would have done better if I actually tried to stick with it, but it wasn't for me. Try again. Any other assumptions you desperately want to believe because it gives you the illusion of having a leg to stand on?

Actually, don't bother, I think I humiliated you enough by shutting down every poor attempt at an argument you've thrown my way and I need to get some sleep. It was pretty fun seeing you try, though. Makes me wonder what I did to piss you off so much, because I'm guessing this is either personal for you or you just feel very strongly about these tanks and seal clubbing. :D

Also you can't seem to be able to tell what a sarcastic jest is

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 07 December 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

I saw way too many ELC's in my V's then if it's supposedly regularly in VII-VIII.

So he's a seal clubber why? Because of games played over a year ago?

Should I de-value anything you point out by proclaiming you are a seal clubber for 300+ games in a T14?

I'll openly admit I seal club from time to time, I don't have a problem with it, I do have a problem with someone complaining about a fun light tank being a seal clubber while having 600+ games in a notorious seal clubbing tank.

Also the T14 was a beta reward and was the first tank I ever owned 

Paladin LM17 #29 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostKillerDNA, on 07 December 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

ARL heavy tank gets the same gun too but with better handling. Was it nerfed as well?

Nope,because Derpy seems to live in lala land where ELCs would pull off 300 metre hits on the move on a regular basis

Kaboost #30 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13474 battles

View PostIconicNemesis, on 06 December 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

Uhmm so what about the T71 is bad now because compared to the rest at tier 7 it looks like it was barely touched 

I'm sure it's not bad I just would feel like I'm betraying it's memory by playing it. Not to upset about the T71 just going to miss fighting t10s in it. The ELC & VK were my main gripes in the beginning of my post.

Lights tanks need love

Corporal Derpy #31 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21102 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostKillerDNA, on 07 December 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

Sure as hell would have been nice if my ELC ever had a not fully aimed in shot hit a target. No, i almost always have to fully aim in before i shoot. Even if i wait a tenth of a second before it aims ill miss. My autolocks would hit 1/20 times too. I never get the blessed RNG bias that everyone else gets in this game. Im constantly screwed over while potato brains feel so pro by RB-RT'ing me to death.

Sure as hell would be nice if I'd watch the high alpha tank not hit me on the move.

But these days you just expect that O-I Exp with his 300 alpha to snapshot you at range while your fully aimed shot from a 100 alpha gun will decide to go start a war with the dirt instead.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

It doesn't get the 90mm F3. It gets a very similar gun, DCA something.

The BDR's 90mm has 135 AP penetration and a whopping 175 APCR penetration, this is with both worse accuracy and dispersion values than the ELC.

The ELC on the other hand got 170 AP penetration and an incredible 248 APCR penetration.

The BDR does not go 65km/h either and for a V Heavy is one of the worst in terms of the armour itself and the armour profile of the tank.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

I'll openly admit I seal club from time to time, I don't have a problem with it, I do have a problem with someone complaining about a fun light tank being a seal clubber while having 600+ games in a notorious seal clubbing tank.

Also the T14 was a beta reward and was the first tank I ever owned 

In which he has already stated has not been played in a long time.

What if it was one of his first Premiums owned, in which case it would have been very useful in the role of crew training for the many Soviet tanks he has played long since mothballing the vehicle.

Would you have a problem if it was any other tank or only the ELC? Could it be that the reason this fun light tank was fun was because it was a very strong Tier V tank that players could use for seal clubbing.

View PostKillerDNA, on 07 December 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

The ARL is a sluggish Heavy tank that gets the 90mm F3 as one of it's options with the same penetration values as the 90mm the ELC used.

However it was a VI Heavy a tier higher where 240 alpha isn't as powerful, on a tank that only has 'strong' frontal hull armour and lacklustre everything else, not a tank that went 60+ and could outspot almost everything due to camo values.

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

Nope,because Derpy seems to live in lala land where ELCs would pull off 300 metre hits on the move on a regular basis

Oh they'd miss now and again sure.

But it kinda says something when I'd see more ELC's hit shots on the move than I would see of Excelsior's aiming and being rewarded by actually landing close to the enemy.

Edited by Corporal Derpy, 07 December 2017 - 05:19 AM.

Garage : 

Kaboost #32 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13474 battles

View PostReaper0fGamez, on 06 December 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

also thanks for pointing out how they screw up grinders for meds without warning whatsoever

Yeah that's definitely the real problem with 4.2, I feel for anyone that got screwed by that

Lights tanks need love

KawaiiKonChan #33 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3385 battles
  • [KMD]

Wolfie: Your favorite tsundere gamer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaboost #34 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13474 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 06 December 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Could it be that the reason this fun light tank was fun was because it was a very strong Tier V tank that players could use for seal clubbing.

Maybe for some people. My favorite thing about the ELC was fighting in tier 7 & 8 games and succeeding. Only having 400hp means that a good portion of the other team had a chance of one shotting you. I just got a kick out of beating up on those tier 7 & 8 heavies. Kind of like the old Chaffee when it fought tier 10s

Lights tanks need love

MikeC1781 #35 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18051 battles

View PostAJH387, on 06 December 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

The tree adjustments bother me the most. I just started the AMX 90 recently (not upgraded yet). Now I have to buy a tank that is a tier lower and regrind, to get the medium I was gringing towards. That is annoying, for sure. I would rather have both tier 10 French mediums, before I go for the French light tier 10. 

​This was a big middle finger to anyone grinding for one of the 3 tanks that no longer branch off the 1390, especially considering we were lied to about the new lights coming this year and had no notice to hurry the grind. I am happy about the new tanks this was handled terribly. 

ZadeoThePotato #36 Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 22571 battles
  • [-NL-]
Me a light tonk play. I liek update. Awful panther fun. Wagen fun. Sheri fun 

Tanks that I actually enjoy playing: T71***, WZ-132***, WZ-132a***, T-54***, E 25***, T49***, Skorpion G***, Awful Panther***, Type 64***, Leopard 1***, Obj. 140***.

Lights > All

desert000fox #37 Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32011 battles
  • [JOCO]
T37 was mutiliated as well....no more fun without the auto loader..

ThatRubberDuck #38 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7514 battles

View PostPaladinLM17, on 07 December 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

I'll openly admit I seal club from time to time, I don't have a problem with it, I do have a problem with someone complaining about a fun light tank being a seal clubber while having 600+ games in a notorious seal clubbing tank

I’m with you on this, there’s no one here who doesn’t ‘seal club’ from time to time everyone has a fun low tier tank they like to play,I rarely played my BIS it was fun though, but my Alecto with full Camo crew yes please :bush:is it a bad time to mention I load half APCR, some tanks are just fun to take out now and again, at least I don’t hide behind armour new players haven’t learnt how to play against yet 

Medium & Light player and occasional bush sniper in my M56 Scorpion

Tier X - BatChat 25t, T62A, Obj 140, 121,Action X, M48 Patton, TVP T 50/51, Leopard 1, E50-M, STB-1, IS-7

Hex Arcana #39 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31574 battles
  • [RTA]

View PostAkherousia6, on 07 December 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

*Proceeds to list three light tanks that people only play for their reputation of being rather overpowered for light tanks

I'm surprised you didn't add the Bulldog and T49 to that list. :D
Sorry you can't seal club in your precious ELC or T71. Sorry you can't derp in your 28 anymore. There are a lot of issues with this update, I'd agree, but it's also day one and we haven't really played these enough to actually have a conclusive, unbiased and educated opinion just yet. More importantly, it's hard to take someone seriously when all your post reads as, for me, at least, is 'oh no! I can't exploit my favorite lights anymore!'

I'm not going to defend the update just yet because I haven't played it much just yet, but considering these lights and matchmaking have been live on PC for months now and the community has pretty much adapted perfectly after giving it a week or two, I think there's a slight chance you might be over-exaggerating.

Also, bear in mind that we have the pre-nerfed versions of these tanks, so... yeah, no sympathy here.

TIL the second worst performing tier 6 light was "overpowered". It was a unique light tank that was challenging to play. Now it's just a poorly armored medium with a pop gun.

eclairdelanuit06 #40 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25212 battles
My LTTB is now tiers 8 and i am not agree. Why you don't communicate, it is a shame... and my god THE LAG is back and when you play light tanks it is more difficult.

Youtube

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users