• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Kaboost #61 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13463 battles

View PostScottRey97, on 07 December 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

You can request an auflpanther with a derp gun if you had it and elited it?

No I was using that tank as an example for what WG could do for VK 28.01 drivers.

Lights tanks need love

​give them back thier view range and buff traverse speeds

Akherousia6 #62 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17990 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPaladinLM17, on 08 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

I'm more annoyed at how WG won't remove OP tanks like the Waffle, but are happy to remove other tanks just because PC did it.  There are far more capable tanks at tier 5 that can stomp newcomers, ELC wasn't one of them. People played for it's fun factor not for it's clubbing power.

See, here's the thing, if you just said something like that then we'd probably agree with you. I certainly would. The whole mentality of 'we don't want to take away clearly broken tanks' is ill-conceived and causing some serious harm to this game. I'm with you on that. You're just wrong about the ELC being pretty much the ideal sealclubber. Hell, I'm not even saying that everyone who plays it is a seal clubber, nor that it's impossible to like it 'just for fun'. Yeah, hitting with a 90mm while running 65km/hr is hilarious, but giving that same 90mm enough penetration with standard rounds to contest any tank it sees, and premium rounds relevant to a Tier X medium's pen is extremely broken and unbalanced. More importantly, I know for a fact that there are people who play the ELC specifically because of these advantages. Whether they consciously see themselves as seal clubbers or not, there are many who fit the bill and that's the problem.

I misjudged OP, and I apologized for it several posts back, but the fact remains that these players do exist and the ELC was a tank with major advantages at its tier that dwarfed its downsides.
As for why they nerfed the tanks while keeping garbage like the WT auf E-100, well... there's nothing to it other than 'PC did it, so we had to follow suit'. It's kind of silly, because while I like that we're getting Tier X lights, it seems a bit strange that the console developers didn't want to try and hold on to the old matchmaking to keep console unique from PC. We seem to be doing everything else to set ourselves apart (like exclusive maps, War Stories, and future customization options) so I don't see why they were obligated to go forward with this change. 

...I don't know what to put here now...

Paladin LM17 #63 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostAkherousia6, on 08 December 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

See, here's the thing, if you just said something like that then we'd probably agree with you. I certainly would. The whole mentality of 'we don't want to take away clearly broken tanks' is ill-conceived and causing some serious harm to this game. I'm with you on that. You're just wrong about the ELC being pretty much the ideal sealclubber. Hell, I'm not even saying that everyone who plays it is a seal clubber, nor that it's impossible to like it 'just for fun'. Yeah, hitting with a 90mm while running 65km/hr is hilarious, but giving that same 90mm enough penetration with standard rounds to contest any tank it sees, and premium rounds relevant to a Tier X medium's pen is extremely broken and unbalanced. More importantly, I know for a fact that there are people who play the ELC specifically because of these advantages. Whether they consciously see themselves as seal clubbers or not, there are many who fit the bill and that's the problem.

I misjudged OP, and I apologized for it several posts back, but the fact remains that these players do exist and the ELC was a tank with major advantages at its tier that dwarfed its downsides.
As for why they nerfed the tanks while keeping garbage like the WT auf E-100, well... there's nothing to it other than 'PC did it, so we had to follow suit'. It's kind of silly, because while I like that we're getting Tier X lights, it seems a bit strange that the console developers didn't want to try and hold on to the old matchmaking to keep console unique from PC. We seem to be doing everything else to set ourselves apart (like exclusive maps, War Stories, and future customization options) so I don't see why they were obligated to go forward with this change. 

Tier 5 is a complete custer [edited]of really strong vehicles, the ELC could have maybe used a slight gun nerf, but didn't deserve being ruined. Tier 5 doesn't really have any exeptionally bad tanks and they're all very good vehicles

Akherousia6 #64 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17990 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPaladinLM17, on 08 December 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Tier 5 is a complete custer [edited]of really strong vehicles, the ELC could have maybe used a slight gun nerf, but didn't deserve being ruined. Tier 5 doesn't really have any exeptionally bad tanks and they're all very good vehicles

Yeah, but dude... it had the penetration of a Tier VII heavy/TD at Tier V. The KV-1 is a 'really strong vehicle', but it can't reliably bounce a hit from an IS, and that's essentially the level of penetration the ELC was bringing to its tier. It was only shy about 5mm of penetration from having the same numbers. Sure, it didn't hit as hard, but that negates the fact that it could rip through with ease. It's also sitting at, what, 130mm right now? That's still better than its closest competition, the Chaffee. Pretty sure the Chaffee is still sitting at 96mm of penetration. You still get a high-functioning 90mm at Tier V on a mobile platform. It only lost about 5km/hr if I'm not mistaken and is just a little bit slower to get up there. The ELC was far from 'ruined', it was legitimately 'balanced' in the fairest sense of the word.

...I don't know what to put here now...

ralfybaby62 #65 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22691 battles
  • [10SR]

View PostKaboost, on 08 December 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

CMCD has the highest traverse(65deg/sec) in the game but doesn't get a autoloader and only has .23 camo rating instead of .25 like the DA. Looks like a more mobile T21 that is smaller and can pivot.

The DA is like the Lycan with lower pen, camo, and view range. I already own the Lycan and have the T54E1 researched so I think I would have chosen the CMCD if WG had let me.

Thx. i have the Lycan also and therefore went the Bulldog route, put my T21 crew in the Bulldog as i wanted to keep my T37 which I really liked and marked quite easily in a handful of games. That may well have changed now. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users