remove the "TARGETED" system (or mute it)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BrendenF-99 #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18906 battles
  • [-ALF-]
i have a problem with the new "Targeted" system just released into the game, simply because every time somebody points their gun at you is goes "Beep Beep" and when multiple people point their guns at you at the same time it simply gets really annoying having to listen to the constant noise it makes when your trying to play the game, it just constant beeping noises whenever you are spotted, i would like it removed or even just having the option to mute that sound it makes whenever your "Targeted"

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21906 battles
i like it this way, better than not knowing when you're being shot at all (except Arty which got a buff as well as Swedish Tank Destroyers (UDES, Strv 103-0 and Strv 103B)

Youtube

Mash

hexine #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17657 battles
it just beeps too often....they actually fixed it a week or 2 ago from the last time this glitch occured but rest assured it is just a glitch and they'll fix it

K00LAIDDRIP #4 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18840 battles
  • [TDDS]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 07 December 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

i like it this way, better than not knowing when you're being shot at all (except Arty which got a buff as well as Swedish Tank Destroyers (UDES, Strv 103-0 and Strv 103B)

how did Swedish td's get a buff? i have played mine a lot before and after the update and have not noticed much of a change, unless you mean by the teams not rushing in

eHarmonix #5 Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4451 battles

Agreed should be removed or fixed to how it was. It just destroys the game as there’s no risk if you peek out now, you know when your being targeted so the smart play is to avoid being shot it almost makes 6th sense redundant now.

This helps mediums and lights way too much, people should have to think about their shot if anyone is looking at them and if they are going to get blasted. Not be told because someone looked over in their direction even while they are behind cover

And the constant beeping is so freaking annoying.

K00LAIDDRIP #6 Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18840 battles
  • [TDDS]

View PosteHarmonix, on 09 December 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Agreed should be removed or fixed to how it was. It just destroys the game as there’s no risk if you peek out now, you know when your being targeted so the smart play is to avoid being shot it almost makes 6th sense redundant now.

This helps mediums and lights way too much, people should have to think about their shot if anyone is looking at them and if they are going to get blasted. Not be told because someone looked over in their direction even while they are behind cover

i would like to see a game mode (multiplayer+ for example) where this is removed and having sixth sense does this action, similar to pc, you don't get to know if you are on the map anymore, but with improved silver and xp earnings for any actions you do, (i.e potatoes get the same xp as normal if they just move forward or whatever, no less though unless they become a problem) so say for instance you get 1 xp for every 2 damage you do, you instead get 3 xp for every 5 damage, meaning a 3000 damage game that normally gives 1500 xp at tier 8 would now give 1800, or (almost) a 25% increase, but not for just sitting at base, or if they do no damage then they have to have traveled at least .5km or so to get the multiplier if just a straight up multiplier, though i would like to see that type of game yield 500 more xp, a 25% multiplier would still give 300 more xp, not bad, and spotted target hit would yield %50 or %75 of the same xp actual damage would, encouraging team support, and kills would be worth more if they were damaging a tank shortly before the kill (saving a teammate) and two tanks spotting the same target would still get this (less chance of losing the target) if more than two are within range to have spotted the target, all tanks get a dividend of 100% of the xp the damage would get, with the tank who first spotted it getting the %75 bonus for the first 10 seconds (with everyone else unless this starts to be abused then before everyone else) then reverting to the %100 divided by the tanks if above 3 after the first 10 seconds, the xp multiplier for a win without slaughtering the enemy would increase by %20 of what it is already (so %20 of %50 being %10 and added to the %50 being %60, not %20 added to %50 making %70) and that same increase would be added to teams who did not allow themselves to be slaughtered (teams with less than 6 kills to all of their tanks, or some other more reasonable number) 

sorry for the tough long read, i prefer to talk rather than type

i would like to hear from players on what would seem fair based on this, what parameters would you change, what would you add, what would you remove.

I also want to hear from a wargaming representative on the same and what they deem acceptable numbers to use here

BrendenF-99 #7 Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18906 battles
  • [-ALF-]

View PosteHarmonix, on 09 December 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

the new system i think is also unnecessary, even before the targeted system came in i used to just think that whenever i was spotted somebody was looking at me, so the targeted system doesn't really affect the way i play the game and is kind of useless to me, all it does for me is annoy me because of the constant noises

K00LAIDDRIP #8 Posted Yesterday, 01:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18840 battles
  • [TDDS]

View PostBrendenF-99, on 09 December 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

the new system i think is also unnecessary, even before the targeted system came in i used to just think that whenever i was spotted somebody was looking at me, so the targeted system doesn't really affect the way i play the game and is kind of useless to me, all it does for me is annoy me because of the constant noises

i never even knew the detected was directional, anyways remember the last update? it was going off all the time, then they fixed it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users