This is how "detected" should have been handled

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Turbo_RB20 #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 719 battles
I don't get why Max is saying that players didn't understand what it meant, so that means let's just scrap it? No. Why couldn't you guys just changed the name to "targeted" and left it at that? Removing a mechanic from the game that is useful information on the battlefield just because you guys have a tough time explaining at what the mechanic is and does is not fair to the rest of us. Now no one is going to have any right and to come here and complain about the E100's and such camping on their team. Please, put the mechanic back in the game and keep it named as "targeted". "Detected" was not a proper explanation of the mechanic anyway so that's why players had no idea what is was. This is the most idiotic thing I have seen done to this game yet and it makes no sense as to why it was done. It's not new players fault that it doesn't show amywhere in game what the actual mechanics do and mean. By why should those of us that aren't new players have to suffer because of what's not explained in game? Please, for once, listen to your playerbase this time and fix this, please. 

Leader of _MLG_ "Mostly Loading Gold"     WOT console streamer. twitch.tv/unknownxdr1ft3r

TheDeadTANKer #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21217 battles
I don't think anyone at WG even plays this game or has a clue as how to improve it.  Its like a random thought pops into their head and they implement it, its the only thing that explains this stupid decision on their part.

MASHMAN 90 #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22028 battles
I had a thought about the new detected system last night. It's a buff to all Swedish Tank Destroyers in my opinion as Sixth Sense = Spotted but don't fall back and here's why, unless Artillery is in the game you will know when you're being shot at so no point falling back until it says Targeted. Theirs no delay on Targeted so why not take the extra shot? Before I would fall back the moment Sixth Sense was activated as half the time, you wouldn't know if you was being shot at and that is bad.If Arty is in the game, well that's up to you if you want to take the risk with detected or not with Arty can see you and first time you will know is when the crater lands :)

Youtube

Mash

Rubbelito #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13821 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 07 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

I had a thought about the new detected system last night. It's a buff to all Swedish Tank Destroyers in my opinion as Sixth Sense = Spotted but don't fall back and here's why, unless Artillery is in the game you will know when you're being shot at so no point falling back until it says Targeted. Theirs no delay on Targeted so why not take the extra shot? Before I would fall back the moment Sixth Sense was activated as half the time, you wouldn't know if you was being shot at and that is bad.If Arty is in the game, well that's up to you if you want to take the risk with detected or not with Arty can see you and first time you will know is when the crater lands :)

Wut?

Of course there's the same delay on Targeted as it was with Detected. No  one has said otherwise.

This change will buff arty, but I don't see it affecting much else.

edit: sorry, you're right, apparently WG spread out their info so that you can't be sure you got the right info just by finding one source. :facepalm:

Edited by Rubbelito, 07 December 2017 - 11:21 AM.

[TNT] Scorpions

Youtube channel

TheDeadTANKer #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21217 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 07 December 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

Wut?

Of course there's the same delay on Targeted as it was with Detected. No  one has said otherwise.

This change will buff arty, but I don't see it affecting much else.

Nope, they removed they delay and directional requirements on the new "targeted" 

http://forum-console...geted-feedback/

Makes sixth sense a little redundant and also harder to figure out the direction of a hidden tank that has you detected as its now 360 degrees.  The arty part of it is still the worst part,imo

Rubbelito #6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13821 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostTheDeadTANKer, on 07 December 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Nope, they removed they delay and directional requirements on the new "targeted" 

http://forum-console...geted-feedback/

Makes sixth sense a little redundant and also harder to figure out the direction of a hidden tank that has you detected as its now 360 degrees.  The arty part of it is still the worst part,imo

Great.

Another info fail from WG.

Why am I surprised...

In the 4.2 article in the News it only says:

"Detected" alert mechanics changed to "Targeted"

• Removed the "directional" requirement. Now the alert will trigger no matter what direction you are looking.

Nothing about the fundamental change of delay time. :facepalm:

Anyhow, you're right, 6th sense is very much redundant. Only thing it will now tell you is that you're detected but not targeted. Almost redundant info as well.

[TNT] Scorpions

Youtube channel

Xenith_Inc #7 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2625 battles
6th is still useful on lights and fast meds. I want to know when I become unspotted so I can reposition in secret and attack from a different direction, or make arty/td think I'm still behind that rock.

Edited by Xenith_Inc, 07 December 2017 - 11:59 AM.

MASHMAN 90 #8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22028 battles

No Sixth Sense, just pulled back when i was "Targeted".

Youtube

Mash

MASHMAN 90 #9 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22028 battles

Youtube

Mash

Wroclaw #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28671 battles

the game should never have had sixth sense in the first place.

tanks are very claustrophobic. instant 360 awareness is ridiculous.

now i have to admit that im not a SS user, & almost never have been. so having to be extra aware - & seeing people im about to shoot at duck back to cover even tho they dont know im there -  is a daily frustration. 

TallDesert34426 #11 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47272 battles
  • [ANP]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 07 December 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

I don't know why your singling out tank destroyers that are Swedish; it's literally an improvement to all classes and nations except for artillery. Of course, arty has their own usefulness from this change too(stealth aiming), but arty doesn't get the benefit(the one you mentioned) from it that the other classes do.

MASHMAN 90 #12 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22028 battles

View PostTallDesert34426, on 12 December 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't know why your singling out tank destroyers that are Swedish; it's literally an improvement to all classes and nations except for artillery. Of course, arty has their own usefulness from this change too(stealth aiming), but arty doesn't get the benefit(the one you mentioned) from it that the other classes do.

Because as soon as i was spotted i would fall back as detected wasn't 360 degrees, Now with Targeted i would only fall back if targeted showed unless Arty was in the match.

Lights also benefit from this as i got 9 kills in an AMX 13 75 without Sixth Sense.

Just an explanation and Swedish TD's was the obvious example.

Youtube

Mash

Kebabsaurus Rex #13 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11893 battles
  • [SHOTZ]

Playing the other night I got sixth sense, targeted, and hit pretty much at the same time.

I wasnt yoloing, I was actually static in a light tank with good view range.

pepelefrogg #14 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31670 battles
  • [WOTCS]

View PostTheDeadTANKer, on 07 December 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I don't think anyone at WG even plays this game or has a clue as how to improve it.  Its like a random thought pops into their head and they implement it, its the only thing that explains this stupid decision on their part.

When you say "listen to the player base" don't you mean "listen to me"? The only complaint I've seen from "the player base" is that they don't know if artillery is aiming. The system is new/different to you. Not worse.

TheDeadTANKer #15 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21217 battles

View Postpepelefrogg, on 12 December 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

When you say "listen to the player base" don't you mean "listen to me"? The only complaint I've seen from "the player base" is that they don't know if artillery is aiming. The system is new/different to you. Not worse.

It's "worse" because it is. What if instead of making arty the only class that didn't activate targeted they decided to have arty be the only class that did?  There is no rational reason why a game mechanic should work for all tank classed except one.  This sets a bad precedent for the game, who knows what WG will screw up next.

Edited by TheDeadTANKer, 12 December 2017 - 11:44 AM.

Red-Tide__02 #16 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8589 battles

View PostTheDeadTANKer, on 12 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

It's "worse" because it is. What if instead of making arty the only class that didn't activate targeted they decided to have arty be the only class that did?  There is no rational reason why a game mechanic should work for all tank classed except one.  This sets a bad precedent for the game, who knows what WG will screw up next.

Dear WG, can we have RNG increased to 50% please...cheers!! 

pepelefrogg #17 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31670 battles
  • [WOTCS]

View PostTheDeadTANKer, on 12 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

I completely agree the arty alarm should be there still for balance only. (though explaining how a player can be aware of an undetected tank 3/4 km away is aiming at him is a stretch at best. But it's a video game) But that isn't the main point of the op

Emothic #18 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1274 battles
I don't even see a point in having the mechanic. I say just remove it entirely. 

Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.

Rubbelito #19 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13821 battles
  • [TNT]

View Postpepelefrogg, on 12 December 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

(though explaining how a player can be aware of an undetected tank 3/4 km away is aiming at him is a stretch at best. But it's a video game)

Explain how arty can have birds view then, and even see tracers? :rolleyes:

[TNT] Scorpions

Youtube channel

TheFleaSniper #20 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5240 battles

View PostTurbo_RB20, on 07 December 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

I don't get why Max is saying that players didn't understand what it meant, so that means let's just scrap it? No. Why couldn't you guys just changed the name to "targeted" and left it at that? Removing a mechanic from the game that is useful information on the battlefield just because you guys have a tough time explaining at what the mechanic is and does is not fair to the rest of us. Now no one is going to have any right and to come here and complain about the E100's and such camping on their team. Please, put the mechanic back in the game and keep it named as "targeted". "Detected" was not a proper explanation of the mechanic anyway so that's why players had no idea what is was. This is the most idiotic thing I have seen done to this game yet and it makes no sense as to why it was done. It's not new players fault that it doesn't show amywhere in game what the actual mechanics do and mean. By why should those of us that aren't new players have to suffer because of what's not explained in game? Please, for once, listen to your playerbase this time and fix this, please. 

I am a veteran player and I actually like the changes. It allows me to predict being shot just a tad sooner. This allows me to reposition and it is not that hard to tell who can see me VS who can't. Overall it will be easier to explain to the new player and make it less of a pain not to have Sixth Sense. I also don't mind that arty doesn't trigger "targeted" personally. That is just my opinion though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users