76th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor

pearl harbor

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

DUTCHMASTER803 #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20040 battles
 I just wanted to remind everybody that today is the 76 anniversary of Pearl Harbor it's kind of sad because every year it seems that it's forgotten a little bit more.  I'm shocked that WG  doesn't even have any Ops or acknowledges the fact that today is a day that will live in infamy.

Emothic #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1274 battles
That's mainly because it was a naval/air battle, and this game only focuses on tanks. That's why there is no Operations or acknowledgement about it in the game. 

Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.

Mr_G-_-Man #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9673 battles
A date which will live in infamy...

Doctor_Who_22 #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10402 battles
  • [-WHO-]

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

That's mainly because it was a naval/air battle, and this game only focuses on tanks. That's why there is no Operations or acknowledgement about it in the game. 

True,  but as a major turning point of WWII, it would be nice to see a small acknowledgement......

"Betty" is my Hellcat, and she's an amazing beast!!   I play for fun, not for stats..... but I always play to WIN!!

PanchoVia70 #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25992 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostDUTCHMASTER803, on 07 December 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

I just wanted to remind everybody that today is the 76 anniversary of Pearl Harbor it's kind of sad because every year it seems that it's forgotten a little bit more.  I'm shocked that WG  doesn't even have any Ops or acknowledges the fact that today is a day that will live in infamy.

it might get a little less attention but here in Hawaii it’s not forgotten. I live on Ford Island at the moment and this place stays busy with visitors nearly 18 hours a day. Today, as in the past, the island and the base is going to be packed with visitors for all of the ceremonies. 

Emothic #6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1274 battles

View PostDoctor_Who_22, on 07 December 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

True,  but as a major turning point of WWII, it would be nice to see a small acknowledgement......

It's not really a turning point. Germany would of lost the war regardless of American help or not, the only difference is that without American help it would of taken longer. Also When Japan attacked, America only declared war on Japan and not on Germany. The only reason why America fought against Germany was because Germany declared war on America two weeks later. So realisticlly America would only fight against Japan and would 'maybe' declare war on Germany after the defeat of Japan.  

Hellsing Motto: We fear not our mortality, We serve to the best of our ability, We give our lives to our masters, We vow to smite our enemies.

Hellsing Prayer: In the name of God impure souls of the living and dead shall be banished into eternal damnation, amen.

W 4 L K U R E #7 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24483 battles
  • [TRB]
Welcome to 2017 bro...

​My FV215b Review is here: 

​WOTC 2017- The emperor has no clothes!

Panthergraf #8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25931 battles

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

It's not really a turning point. Germany would of lost the war regardless of American help or not, the only difference is that without American help it would of taken longer. Also When Japan attacked, America only declared war on Japan and not on Germany. The only reason why America fought against Germany was because Germany declared war on America two weeks later. So realisticlly America would only fight against Japan and would 'maybe' declare war on Germany after the defeat of Japan.  

Not two weeks, 4 days.

USSWISCONSIN94 #9 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 7287 battles
  • [47R]

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

You really need a history lesson. Who thought you it was weeks later that they declared war on the US?

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

Cobravert #10 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20446 battles
  • [WPLAC]

Being a global game I'm surprised we get as many Memorial Day and Veteran's Day ops.

I don't recall any tank involvement at Pearl Harbor, makes sense to me that there are no ops for it today.

Snorelacks #11 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20911 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Revisionist history much? The US was at war with Germany at sea in all but name already protecting convoys and prosecuting U-boats, and I'm not even bringing up the impact of Lend Lease directly supporting England and then Russia with aircraft, tanks, weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, trucks, etc. True, no Americans were firing rifles at Germany on mainland Europe; however, they were certainly indirectly fighting against Germany with Lend Lease and actively fighting U-boats at sea.

Snorelacks #12 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20911 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPanchoVia70, on 07 December 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

it might get a little less attention but here in Hawaii it’s not forgotten. I live on Ford Island at the moment and this place stays busy with visitors nearly 18 hours a day. Today, as in the past, the island and the base is going to be packed with visitors for all of the ceremonies.

Pearl Harbor is a humbling place. I remember the first time I visited while I was flying in the Navy (I was stationed in Europe) on our way to the West Pacific. It was extremely moving.

Emothic #13 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1274 battles

View PostPanthergraf, on 07 December 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Not two weeks, 4 days.

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 07 December 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

You really need a history lesson. Who thought you it was weeks later that they declared war on the US?

Two weeks, four days. Regardless it was Germany that declared war on the U.S. America had no plans to declare war on Germany.

View PostSnorelacks, on 07 December 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Revisionist history much? The US was at war with Germany at sea in all but name already protecting convoys and prosecuting U-boats, and I'm not even bringing up the impact of Lend Lease directly supporting England and then Russia with aircraft, tanks, weapons, ammunition, medical supplies, trucks, etc. True, no Americans were firing rifles at Germany on mainland Europe; however, they were certainly indirectly fighting against Germany with Lend Lease and actively fighting U-boats at sea.

Uhh that's quite a bit of revisionist history right there. You see, in politics the "in name" is what really matters. The lend lease was just a selling of material to other nations. And those who were fighting were volunteers fighting for foriegn militaries. You see the actual "in name" was all the difference. Because no actual American serviceman fought agianst Germany untill Germany delcared war on America. Because the majority of the American population didn't want to be invovled with the war. 

BadDad61 #14 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20834 battles

I had the opportunity to visit Pearl Harbor last year.

I plan on going back some day. One day is not enough time

Snorelacks #15 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20911 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Two weeks, four days. Regardless it was Germany that declared war on the U.S. America had no plans to declare war on Germany.

Uhh that's quite a bit of revisionist history right there. You see, in politics the "in name" is what really matters. The lend lease was just a selling of material to other nations. And those who were fighting were volunteers fighting for foriegn militaries. You see the actual "in name" was all the difference. Because no actual American serviceman fought agianst Germany untill Germany delcared war on America. Because the majority of the American population didn't want to be invovled with the war.

Incorrect. The USS Niblack attacked a U-boat on April 10th 1941 and the USCGC Northland attacked and destroyed a German weather station on Greenland on September 14th, 1941.

Emothic #16 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1274 battles

View PostSnorelacks, on 07 December 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Incorrect. The USS Niblack attacked a U-boat on April 10th 1941 and the USCGC Northland attacked and destroyed a German weather station on Greenland on September 14th, 1941.

​Again, it doesn't matter. Those where classified events during that time. As I said before the only thing that matter was that the "in Name" is all that matters. You think that it would of been a good idea to tell a nation that does not want to go to war about these attacks? Politics are not as cut and dry as you think. 

Vasco8407 #17 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7903 battles
 Seriously? 

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Lol what? All the war material (and training) that was shipped to the allies didn't help the allies resist and wage war? Wars are won in many different ways, not just boots on the ground. 

On the flip side, what if America never entered the war but aided Germany and Japan with war material? Still no affect on the war? 

PanchoVia70 #18 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25992 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostSnorelacks, on 07 December 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Pearl Harbor is a humbling place. I remember the first time I visited while I was flying in the Navy (I was stationed in Europe) on our way to the West Pacific. It was extremely moving.

Definitely a moving place no matter the time of year. 

Snorelacks #19 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20911 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostEmothic, on 07 December 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

​Again, it doesn't matter. Those where classified events during that time. As I said before the only thing that matter was that the "in Name" is all that matters. You think that it would of been a good idea to tell a nation that does not want to go to war about these attacks? Politics are not as cut and dry as you think.

The U-boat prosecutions weren't classified...the Pan-American Security Zone was a publicly declared zone of protection.

SlagInGristle #20 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31861 battles
  • [6SIC6]

16 million dead germans

22 million dead russians

30 million dead chinese

?? Million dead Japanese 

koreans, polish, etc. etc.

450k thousand dead Americans ..... but yea the USA won the war. wthfolks a [edited]measuring contest? Winners write the history..... 

Enjoy the fact we haven’t all been engulfed in thermonuclear government protection.......

:bush:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users