disappointment : no Maltese flag

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

thormanpro #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14097 battles

With all the flag hype I was prepared to spend money on Malta emblems and / or flags, but it wasn't added although it was mentionned by Raibot and a dev (forgot his name) during a stream interview.

Is it so difficult to add the flag of a country that deserves it?

Just copy-paste it from Wikipedia!

:(

Edited by thormanpro, 07 December 2017 - 08:19 PM.

"In the name of the people of the United States of America, I salute the Island of Malta, its people and defenders, who, in the cause of freedom and justice and decency throughout the world, have rendered valorous service far above and beyond the call of duty.
Under repeated fire from the skies, Malta stood alone, but unafraid in the center of the sea, one tiny bright flame in the darkness - a beacon of hope for the clearer days which have come.
Malta's bright story of human fortitude and courage will be read by posterity with wonder and with gratitude through all the ages. What  was  done  in  this Island maintains the highest traditions of gallant   men   and   women who  from  the  beginning of  time  have  lived  and died  to  preserve  civilization for all mankind
." December 7, 1943 FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT

"To honour her brave people I award the George Cross to the Island Fortress of Malta to bear witness to a heroism and devotion that will long be famous in history." April 15th 1942  KING GEORGE VI R.I.

THIS COUNTRY'S FLAG ISN'T IN THE GAME.

Joco3000 #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:30 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22153 battles

View Postthormanpro, on 07 December 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Is it so difficult to add the flag of a country that deserves it?

Yes!

Apparently, if I recall correctly, and going by the Scottish/English flag issue from back in the day, I think you need to get the rights to use, or sell, the flag.

This was a few years ago, so I can't recall the specifics, but they had some trouble getting the rights for one of the states or something.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Hypocrite #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23724 battles
  • [BUNNY]

I realize you're disappointed that there's no Maltese flag available, but it cannot possibly compare to the depths of my sadness that there is no option to grace my vehicles with the flag of The Great State of the City of Chicago.

How will people ever know how welcoming I am being - as they explode and burn - if they cannot see that majestic banner waving in the smoke and haze?

What sigil will possibly explain to them that I intend my shells as a greeting?

Very disappointed in this.... 

"My advisers advise me that killing the advisers is not advised." - the warforge mayor tired of bureaucracy

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

Jodmeister #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 12189 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 07 December 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Yes!

Apparently, if I recall correctly, and going by the Scottish/English flag issue from back in the day, I think you need to get the rights to use, or sell, the flag.

This was a few years ago, so I can't recall the specifics, but they had some trouble getting the rights for one of the states or something.

​Yeah I remember something about image rights being mentioned before with the Scottish flag.

Surely this is the answer to the age old question; how do you make a Maltese Cross? Leave his flag out the game...:teethhappy:

allhavoc #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34015 battles
  • [10SR]
No Gasden Flag either, which is available as an emblem.  

[10SR]  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users