Jump to content


List of French Tanks yet to be implemented


  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Road Runnerdn #41 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23968 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

Found this picture in a random WoT forum thread when I tried to find information on the AMX M4.

 

 

No concrete info other than it looks like a stepping stone design between the AC 46 and AC 48. AC 47?

 

Edit* Here's the thread that also lists a ton of potential french tanks, I believe there are some there not in your list 

http://forum.worldof...ancais/#topmost

 

There's actually several other designs in the comments that I've never seen before. Although I haven't gotten through them all.


Edited by Road Runnerdn, 06 September 2018 - 11:33 PM.


RAD FROOD 25 #42 Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:40 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

View PostRoad Runnerdn, on 06 September 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Found this picture in a random WoT forum thread when I tried to find information on the AMX M4.

 

 

No concrete info other than it looks like a stepping stone design between the AC 46 and AC 48. AC 47?

 

Edit* Here's the thread that also lists a ton of potential french tanks, I believe there are some there not in your list 

http://forum.worldof...ancais/#topmost

 

There's actually several other designs in the comments that I've never seen before. Although I haven't gotten through them all.

 

Nice one, not come across this before, not only that some of the vehicles I've not heard of either. 

 

Looks like an in between stage for tholise tank destroyers. 

 

But yes trying to find anything about the AMX M4 project is bloody difficult as all you find are wot related articles.



P6X330 #43 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:41 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15296 battles
  • 3,952
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

Strange road wheel arrangement; if I am not mistaken, French tanks favored a set of juxtaposed road wheels in opposition one to the other, with the track's spine running through the gap. So they would need less torsion bars and balance arms.

 

 


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


RAD FROOD 25 #44 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

For the AMX M4, once and for all!

The AMX M4 48 is the same as that presented by WG. => chassis AMX 50 100

The AMX M4 49 is the one that WG calls AMX 65 t => chassis AMX 50 120 (eagle beak)

The AMX M4 55 is the one that WG calls AMX M4 49 => AMX 50 B chassis (molded shielding)

Not hard to remember, the versions with oscillating turret and without are at the same tier, why? Because one is mobile and has a barrel and the other is extremely well armored => We thus find a branch "sponge" and a branch "powerful" (even if the M4 and the 50 which corresponds to him have the same barrel , 100 mm Tier VIII, 120 mm Tier IX and X).

 

Second question? Why did I rename? Because WG was simply wrong in the dates:

-> Start AMX M4 1945: in 1945 presented in 1949

-> Start AMX M4 1948 / AMX 50 100: 1948 presented in 1951 (then second version overblinded and over-armed presented in 1953 not present in the game)

-> Start AMX M4 1949 / AMX 50 120: 1949 presented in 1955

-> Beginning AMX M4 1955 / AMX 50 B: 1955 (or 1954 in fact ... : Sads:) presented in 1958

 

As for the AMX 68 t ... it's either an error, or it's the same as the 65 t (so the M4 49 that I present), or it's an invention (They are really not clear WG ...)

 

So this is an interesting piece that is in the world of tanks pc forum that is linked above.

 



RAD FROOD 25 #45 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
HS-30-90 (Light Tank) added in

Road Runnerdn #46 Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23968 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 11 September 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

For the AMX M4, once and for all!

The AMX M4 48 is the same as that presented by WG. => chassis AMX 50 100

The AMX M4 49 is the one that WG calls AMX 65 t => chassis AMX 50 120 (eagle beak)

The AMX M4 55 is the one that WG calls AMX M4 49 => AMX 50 B chassis (molded shielding)

Not hard to remember, the versions with oscillating turret and without are at the same tier, why? Because one is mobile and has a barrel and the other is extremely well armored => We thus find a branch "sponge" and a branch "powerful" (even if the M4 and the 50 which corresponds to him have the same barrel , 100 mm Tier VIII, 120 mm Tier IX and X).

 

Second question? Why did I rename? Because WG was simply wrong in the dates:

-> Start AMX M4 1945: in 1945 presented in 1949

-> Start AMX M4 1948 / AMX 50 100: 1948 presented in 1951 (then second version overblinded and over-armed presented in 1953 not present in the game)

-> Start AMX M4 1949 / AMX 50 120: 1949 presented in 1955

-> Beginning AMX M4 1955 / AMX 50 B: 1955 (or 1954 in fact ... : Sads:) presented in 1958

 

As for the AMX 68 t ... it's either an error, or it's the same as the 65 t (so the M4 49 that I present), or it's an invention (They are really not clear WG ...)

 

So this is an interesting piece that is in the world of tanks pc forum that is linked above.

 

 

I don't understand half of this.



RAD FROOD 25 #47 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

View PostRoad Runnerdn, on 11 September 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

 

I don't understand half of this.

 

It was directly translated from French.

 

So basically what said person is trying to say is that the AMX 68T is the AMX M4 49.

That the AMX M4 48 is the AMX 50 100 Hull without the pike nose, the AMX 65T is the AMX 50 100 hull but with a different designed turret. So far so good.

 

Basically the 45. 48. 49. 51. 54. Are just numbers and not the date when they were designated. 

 

I hope this helps 

 



RAD FROOD 25 #48 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Will be editing in the AMR 35 with a 135mm Howitzer 

Road Runnerdn #49 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23968 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 12 September 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

Basically the 45. 48. 49. 51. 54. Are just numbers and not the date when they were designated. 

 

 

No. They are the dates they were designed. They are retronyms given to the designs by the tank community to be able to differentiate between them. Because their real names are only "Char M4".

 

The names 51 and 54 is WG fantasy. The AMX M4 program was renamed AMX 50 in 1950. Their blueprints (only hulls, the turret they use is the T.C.B) also had "Etudes" and "Essais (Etude)" written on them and that's why I refer to them as such. Both being designed in 1949.

 

AMX 65T (really the Char De 65T) is the AMX 70t chassi (pike nosed hull) and the proprietary classic FAMH turret with a 100mm cannon dated 1950, the whole tank. Although there is also a design from the same year with that same turret, a different hull (yes one similar to the one the AMX 50 100 uses) and a 120mm gun simply called "Char M4"

 

A big problem is that there are several hulls that look very similar to one another, one of them being used on the AMX 50 100 in game. There are several ones dated from 1945 all the way up until 1952, differing in length, weight, armour (from 50-120mm), turret diameter etc.

AMX 68T (really the Char 68T) was a 1950s design.

 

The blueprint for the turret used by the AMX M4 49 as is in game can be found but it features no date. And the hull has been found! On page 21. Also called "Etudes" and from 1949 just as the hull used on the M4 51 but the blueprint also says "Surblindage" with 180mm frontal plate. They may be the same hull during different times of development. The blueprint says 45° slope which describes the M4 51 hull better but the illustration is much like the M4 49 in game.

 

http://www.memoirede...aique&debut=170

 

The website UI is bad and it seems as if that is the last page, but it's not. There are a few more pages with blueprints.

 

 


Edited by Road Runnerdn, 12 September 2018 - 10:47 PM.


RAD FROOD 25 #50 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Thanks for the link. 

RAD FROOD 25 #51 Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:06 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Added in the AMR 135mm Howitzer, but I'm not sure whether it existed, according to the link above it did but other than that I'm not sure.

Road Runnerdn #52 Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23968 battles
  • 133
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 20 September 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Added in the AMR 135mm Howitzer, but I'm not sure whether it existed, according to the link above it did but other than that I'm not sure.

 

The site is owned by the french government and all blueprints should be scanned directly from their archive.

RAD FROOD 25 #53 Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

View PostRoad Runnerdn, on 21 September 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

 

The site is owned by the french government and all blueprints should be scanned directly from their archive.

 

I guess that's a yes then, but how to balance it, a tier 2 tank with at least a tier 6-7 gun. 

RAD FROOD 25 #54 Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

Added in this lot

 

AMX 30 Ausf F1 (Artillery)

AMX Tractuer A (Artillery)

St. Chamond Canon de 120 (Artillery)

St.Chamond 120 L (Artillery)

St. Chamond 280 GPF (Artillery)

AMX-30 ACRA (Tank Destroyer)

AMX Chasseur De Char 50T (Tank Destroyer)

Peugeot CL (Tank Destroyer)

Laffly 15 TTC (Tank Destroyer)

FCM F4 D (Super Heavy Tank)

SEAM Super B Char De Fortress (Super Heavy Tank)

SEAM Super B Char De Bataille (Heavy Tank)

Tiger 1 E (Heavy Tank)

Panther 1 G (Medium Tank)

AMX Char Moyen Surbaisse Tob 120 (Medium Tank) 



RAD FROOD 25 #55 Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Added in the AMX 30 2nd Prototype, don't know much about it but the turret looks different from the tank in game if you want to look at the picture, Google For the record AMX 30B branch

RAD FROOD 25 #56 Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Crazy as this seems what about an Artillery system with a 370mm gun??? Crawling around on the PC Forums and I found it, obviously not going to happen but I'll keep it in mind

RAD FROOD 25 #57 Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

Added in

ELC EVEN 75mm

AMX 68T See page 35 on the Link above

AMX M4 120B See page 35 on the link above

 

 



RAD FROOD 25 #58 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014

Removed the AMX CDA 105 as it's now going to a premium in game. 

 

Added in the AMX 68T which is a Heavy Tank which was equipped with a 90mm and was not as armoured as the AMX 65T



RAD FROOD 25 #59 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Adding in AMX CDC 50t (very similar to the AMX 65t but lighter with reduced armor) in my eyes that's enough to be a separate model

RAD FROOD 25 #60 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19966 battles
  • 1,441
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Adding in th Canon de Cavalerie automoteur de 75 Saint-Chamond Modele 1924 this should be a tank destroyer




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users