Amx Chaffee french tank

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TeichMegagamer #1 Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

So arm this tank is for sale for 3800gold and I am considering to buy myself a nice little Christmas present. 

But what I want to know is...is this tank worth getting or not?

I am looking for a fun to play with. Crew training and silver earnings are not essential for me. 

Already read some reviews but those are mostly before it could see up to tier 9 only.

On tankpedia it says it got a 144pen but in-game it's a 128.

Also the mobility is just ok and it's got a big hull.

So it seems that it's not really a great tank and after the introduction and the mm change the type 64 would be a way better call?

Any information would help. Thank you. :popcorn:

Tips to improve your skill

Pontiac Pat #2 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:17 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 24945 battles
  • [47R]
In general I would say the Type 64 is slightly better due to the fact that it matches a tier lower.  The AMX Chaffee is a very fun tank.  It is plenty capable.  The loss of tier 10 doesn't really change it any.  The main reason I keep keep mine is because of its excellent crew training bonuses.  The pen is 144 average.  Not sure where you are seeing 128.  The Type 64 is 128.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

jkblackhawk #3 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 59451 battles
Well it's good and fun enough and doe's US and french.

MaxAmmo10562 #4 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29480 battles
  • [RATIO]

It's loads of fun. Get it!

WEREW0LF 8541 #5 Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47135 battles

You can train both American and French crews in this tank.

KilledByPing #6 Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14735 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 26 December 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

So arm this tank is for sale for 3800gold and I am considering to buy myself a nice little Christmas present. 

But what I want to know is...is this tank worth getting or not?

I am looking for a fun to play with. Crew training and silver earnings are not essential for me. 

Already read some reviews but those are mostly before it could see up to tier 9 only.

On tankpedia it says it got a 144pen but in-game it's a 128.

Also the mobility is just ok and it's got a big hull.

So it seems that it's not really a great tank and after the introduction and the mm change the type 64 would be a way better call?

Any information would help. Thank you. :popcorn:

It is basicaly the same AMX 12T but better in every aspect expect of max speed which is same. And when i say "better" i mean MUCH MUCH better. also 390 of base view range is freaking OP for tier 6 tank and it's probably the only tier 6 tank i know that can equip vertical stabilizer.

Doesnt earn much silver but can Dual Train French and USA crew while getting outrageous ammount of crew XP just like T-34-88 for German\Soviet.

I am really enjoying playing this tank even thou it is wierd, that he still have old +3 match making and old balance wieght which put him into bottom of the bottom tier almost every game. You should really take this into account before purchasing, because this fact limit your playstyle and require some skills.

I played 4 games in it so far. and my friend played 20 games. Non of us had a luck to play against tier 7 atleast, needless to say we never was top tier. All our games was against tier 8-9.

This is kind of wierd if you take into account that even such great premium light tanks like Lycan have their match making rebalanced to +2 with normal balance weight.

Edited by KilledByPing, 26 December 2017 - 07:50 AM.

TeichMegagamer #7 Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

View PostKilledByPing, on 26 December 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

It is basicaly the same AMX 12T but better in every aspect expect of max speed which is same. And when i say "better" i mean MUCH MUCH better. also 390 of base view range is freaking OP for tier 6 tank and it's probably the only tier 6 tank i know that can equip vertical stabilizer.

Doesnt earn much silver but can Dual Train French and USA crew while getting outrageous ammount of crew XP just like T-34-88 for German\Soviet.

I am really enjoying playing this tank even thou it is wierd, that he still have old +3 match making and old balance wieght which put him into bottom of the bottom tier almost every game. You should really take this into account before purchasing, because this fact limit your playstyle and require some skills.

I played 4 games in it so far. and my friend played 20 games. Non of us had a luck to play against tier 7 atleast, needless to say we never was top tier. All our games was against tier 8-9.

This is kind of wierd if you take into account that even such great premium light tanks like Lycan have their match making rebalanced to +2 with normal balance weight.

So if you compare it to like the lycan or other tier 7 premium lights? Which is better?

Lycan has the same mm but is one tier higher. Meaning it will see tier 7 a lot more often. Also more health, view range, speed and pen. :sceptic:

There is no problem for me playing bottom tier. As long if the tank is capable of managing it. If it gets outplayed by every other tier 7/8 light it would be a wasted gold. At least I think that.

Also I never saw one of these on the battlefield. So either the skill gap is expressly high, so non unicum players don't play it or it's just bad? Otherwise the battlefield would be packed with those. 

f1mitku #8 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 46571 battles

Lycan is way better tank.

AMX Chaffee has got this match making because a few super unicums wanted that for fun... ruining the game with this tank for all normal players. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

TeichMegagamer #9 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

View Postf1mitku, on 26 December 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Lycan is way better tank.

AMX Chaffee has got this match making because a few super unicums wanted that for fun... ruining the game with this tank for all normal players. 

Ok thank you.

TeichMegagamer #10 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

Just bought it out of curiosity now. Wanted to know how I can handle it.

Got 3 games so far:

- big map, tier 7 game. Was quite nice for my first game. Got only 1200 damage but wanted to start it easy. I really like the gun handling and reload. It gets fast into top speed, which is not the highest at all.

- tier 8 game. Still good. Trying to get used to the tank. Was a fun round. Spotting for my team while I got a while clip of a lycan in my back. 4 team members behind me not shooting at him at all. So just as usual.

- tier 9 game. Mines. Do I have to say more? It's not fast enough for the hill so I headed down to the isles trying to spot. The team got completely overrun due to spawn camping. Got spotted and shot from a t95. One shot one kill i guess.

I am definitely not a unicum player and I don't pimp my stats with low tier premium ammo seal clubbing . Got an above average wn8but nothing too special and that's it. We'll see how this goes :playing:

KilledByPing #11 Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14735 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 26 December 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

So if you compare it to like the lycan or other tier 7 premium lights? Which is better?

Lycan has the same mm but is one tier higher. Meaning it will see tier 7 a lot more often. Also more health, view range, speed and pen. :sceptic:

There is no problem for me playing bottom tier. As long if the tank is capable of managing it. If it gets outplayed by every other tier 7/8 light it would be a wasted gold. At least I think that.

Also I never saw one of these on the battlefield. So either the skill gap is expressly high, so non unicum players don't play it or it's just bad? Otherwise the battlefield would be packed with those. 

The trick is, you would see tier 7 very often when playing Lycan, because it is now have regular mm and balance weight.

While Amx chafee have old mm and balance weight so you would more likely play against tier 8-9 while driving a tank tier lower then Lycan.

As as I said, me and my friend never had a game against tier 6 or atleast tier 7 while driving amx chaffee even when playing solo.

And yes, if amx chaffee would have to 1 v 1 any tier 7 light he would lose most likely, bcos all of them have more alpha and health and most of them even have better max speed.

But when it comes to fighting other tier 7-8 tanks, not so much. Chaffee have great acuracy, stabilization and ok pen. Playing against tier 9 thou might be chalenging, bcos most them may 2 shot or even 1 shot you.

But the trick is, none of those tier 7 lights can dual train like Amx chaffe and all of them made to earn silver, while chaffee earn much more xp.

So you have to choose whenever you want to have comfortable, competetive tank to simply have fun and gain silver at the same time, or you need to traing your Crews as fast as possible ?

Edited by KilledByPing, 26 December 2017 - 11:29 AM.

TeichMegagamer #12 Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

Yea thx.aybe i'll buy the lycan too if it's on sale.

But for now I am happy with the Chaffee. 7. Game with 3k spotting an 1,5k damage... I am certainly not the best in it but it is fun. I mostly get into tier 8 games. But already got 2 times in tier 7 which was quite nice.

Maybe you should give it a second chance or maybe I am just lucky with the mm. :great:

P6X330 #13 Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 26 December 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Just bought it out of curiosity now. Wanted to know how I can handle it.

Did you buy it today? e.g. December 26th? I am currently off post, and when I check the PS4 store through my computer, it is not available for sale. I have purchased tanks via my computer before, but the Chaffee is not on sale now, that I could see.

I will only be able to access my PS4 on January 2nd, 2018.

Edited by P6X330, 26 December 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

TeichMegagamer #14 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

View PostP6X330, on 26 December 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Did you buy it today? e.g. December 26th? I am currently off post, and when I check the PS4 store through my computer, it is not available for sale. I have purchased tanks via my computer before, but the Chaffee is not on sale now, that I could see.

I will only be able to access my PS4 on January 2nd, 2018.

It is available until the 2.January i believe.

You have to buy it via the premium tech tree in-game. I don't think you can order it on the website or store.

P6X330 #15 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 26 December 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

It is available until the 2.January i believe.

You have to buy it via the premium tech tree in-game. I don't think you can order it on the website or store.

thanks! But whatever you buy, you always end on the Sony store, correct? gold can only be purchased in their store. Certain packages are also available directly there, and when they are, you can purchase them from any screen, you only log onto the Sony store. 

I can log into my WoT account from any screen too. I can see my stats, Gold, Silver, XP; however, I cannot purchase any of the tanks. Odd, isn’t it?

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

enjamio #16 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19572 battles
  • [YOLLO]

Almost 600 battles whit it, the best crew training of the game.

It moves nice, the acurracy at movement is amazing, it looks a E50M, the pen is enough for tier 7 and 8, but you can select gold and will have 200mm enough for anything tank.

390m vision, what to say about that... It´s amazing, the view range of a tier 9 but in a tier 6.

I would say that it is one of the best premium tanks of the game.

Something curious, look how is the 3 MOE at this tank, and then you look at ther tier 6 light tanks, tier 7, and even tier 8, after that, you will understand why is one of the best premium tanks

URL : https://ps.wotclans.com.br/Tanks/MoE

In my youtube channel have some matches with it, you can check them.

Edited by enjamio, 27 December 2017 - 05:53 PM.

3 MOE : T-10, Hammer, Caernarvon, AMX 50 100, Tiger P, IS-3,Tiger II, T25/2, T 28 proto, Krafts Panther, Panther, ARL 44, Type 64, AMX Chafee, AMX 13 90, T-54 light, WZ-132, Sp. Pz.1 C,T-34-88, Legion, GUP, Conqueror, HWK12, T-54, Revalorise, VK.30.01.P, E50, AMX 30, ST-I, Obj.430 II, 50TP Prot., Centennial, Skoda T50, AMX CDC black, Obj.416.

XPAIN commander (spanish competitive clan): YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

P6X330 #17 Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

GG enjamio! I liked that you traded victory over elusive damage, even if you managed to squeeze one more shot within the 5 seconds grace period of the cap...

You took your main damage over the COD with your acolyte, because you guys were not penning him at the same time, so he had only one target to focus at the time.

Of course, it is always easy to analyze post battle. I was wondering if you had maybe done better by attacking at the exact same time, so he would have two guns to contend with and maybe be biased with, you may have saved one shot. Anyway, the rock also helped you to stay at cover while reloading, which was a plus.

Noticed a few bounced shots right at the beginning.

I hope I will still be able to buy the tank when I get home on the 2nd.

Edited by P6X330, 28 December 2017 - 06:05 PM.

enjamio #18 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19572 battles
  • [YOLLO]

Thanks, as you say It is not easy think what to do at the moment, but i think it was ok, the final result was good.

This game was to show how accuracy is at movement, but I have some replays too playing like active spoting, it has 390m vision, and that is really nice for a tier 6 light tank.

3 MOE : T-10, Hammer, Caernarvon, AMX 50 100, Tiger P, IS-3,Tiger II, T25/2, T 28 proto, Krafts Panther, Panther, ARL 44, Type 64, AMX Chafee, AMX 13 90, T-54 light, WZ-132, Sp. Pz.1 C,T-34-88, Legion, GUP, Conqueror, HWK12, T-54, Revalorise, VK.30.01.P, E50, AMX 30, ST-I, Obj.430 II, 50TP Prot., Centennial, Skoda T50, AMX CDC black, Obj.416.

XPAIN commander (spanish competitive clan): YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

PeaceSells86 #19 Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10613 battles
Run some 5000 silver 100 octane in it. It seems to help a bit.

Excellent tank all the way around. Much more of a thinking tank, FYI it’s great for ramming lycan to death. Lol

Reqt Raider #20 Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10039 battles

Got both the lycan and amx chaffee and i love both!

Pros for amx chaffee is its a duel nation trainer and great crew xp boost on it and most importantly its so much fun to drive.

Pros for lycan is its got the better mm but most importantly it's super fun to drive lol.

If i was you i'd just buy the amx chaffee and wait for the next Halloween op and get the lycan for free.

Regards Raider 

Also tagged with Amx Chaffee, french, tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users