WoT new math or just cheating by WoT?

cheating bad math

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

dragonjim64 #1 Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9618 battles
so I am grinding along in War stories when I notice a discrepancy in XP on first win bonus vs everything after. Am in the tier 6 Skoda and on 1st win win 10 kills, 3,784 damage, 38 pen, 6 detected, 0 assisted and 110 blocked I get 637 XP with daily first win bonus X2 gives me 1,274 XP final total. Next two games I get 840+ but had more pen and damage so 3rd game I get 10 kills 3,371 damage, 34 pen, 5 detected, 0 assisted and blocked for 808 XP?!?!?! This is all on the same map. So explain to me how I can get more XP with less accomplished? Why are you pulling first win scores down? I had a better hit ratio and more everything in 1st so why not honesty with the scoring?

KilroyWasHere17 #2 Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10892 battles
The xp is based on a lot more variables then just simply how many kills and how much damage dealt.

teleogryl #3 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13684 battles

View Postdragonjim64, on 27 December 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

so I am grinding along in War stories when I notice a discrepancy in XP on first win bonus vs everything after. Am in the tier 6 Skoda and on 1st win win 10 kills, 3,784 damage, 38 pen, 6 detected, 0 assisted and 110 blocked I get 637 XP with daily first win bonus X2 gives me 1,274 XP final total. Next two games I get 840+ but had more pen and damage so 3rd game I get 10 kills 3,371 damage, 34 pen, 5 detected, 0 assisted and blocked for 808 XP?!?!?! This is all on the same map. So explain to me how I can get more XP with less accomplished? Why are you pulling first win scores down? I had a better hit ratio and more everything in 1st so why not honesty with the scoring?

It depends on what specific tanks got spawned in to fight you during the battles.  You don't get a fixed XP reward for each point of damage; the reward depends on what tier (and maybe class but I'm less sure of that) of tank you are damaging relative to your own - shooting higher tier tanks gives more XP than lower tier tanks.   

So perhaps your second game had more of the HP pool concentrated on the lower tier tanks (i.e. low tier heavies, high tier meds/lights) than the first game?

KilledByPing #4 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9183 battles

View Postdragonjim64, on 27 December 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

The trick is, your daily x2 applies to base xp earned and then optional missions add up, not actualy multiplies anything.

In terms of math it look like this

(BaseXP*DailyX2)+(BaseXP*OptionalMissionsX2)

So you actualy get only like 30-50% more xp on your first victory, not 100% more.

Same logic valid for any personal OP for xp or silver which would also only give you +(BaseXP*OPMultiplier) instead of multiply all the XP you earned like every1 expected.

P.S. Me personaly find such math rather frustrating and unfair.

dragonjim64 #5 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9618 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 27 December 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

The trick is, your daily x2 applies to base xp earned and then optional missions add up, not actualy multiplies anything.

In terms of math it look like this

(BaseXP*DailyX2)+(BaseXP*OptionalMissionsX2)

So you actualy get only like 30-50% more xp on your first victory, not 100% more.

Same logic valid for any personal OP for xp or silver which would also only give you +(BaseXP*OPMultiplier) instead of multiply all the XP you earned like every1 expected.

P.S. Me personaly find such math rather frustrating and unfair.

Thank you for explaining that and I agree with you, its cheating no question. If thats the case why not just say it like that instead of outright lying? Of course this is from the same group of idiots who got caught having to PAY people to blast other game sites so I guess I should stop being surprised by their greed and/or their stupidity. Asking people to pay for premium tanks I get but to charge as much for 1 as for a WHOLE GAME and then make you pay for it at least twice is just beyond me. The XP you earn from the premiums is utterly USELESS unless you PAY again to convert it to free XP?!?!?!?! Shouldnt EVERY point you earn be free XP? Isnt that why people BUY the thing because it has accelerated silver, crew and XP? Other than that they are just a variation of tanks on the tree but with a cooler (in some eyes) paint job. These guys remind of Tic Tacs. They are advertised as being sugar free but are actually nothing BUT sugar but in accordance to the laws a food can be labeled that if it has less than .50 grams of sugar. Weight of a Tic Tac is .49 

Edited by dragonjim64, 27 December 2017 - 06:09 PM.

Beta582 #6 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18652 battles
  • [TANK]

Here is what things the game uses to calculate your silver and experience earnings. Copy/paste from my guide.

Experience and Silver Earnings: How to gain the most from your game time.

Spoiler 

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

dragonjim64 #7 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9618 battles

View PostKilroyWasHere17, on 27 December 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

The xp is based on a lot more variables then just simply how many kills and how much damage dealt.

played 5 games all done in the same tank on the same map averaged 860 a win low was 808 high was 920 with no multipliers and saw mostly 3 enemy tanks. What other factors are there? it stands to reason if you use the same tank on the same map, against the same tanks and get the same amount of damage, kills, pens, detected, assisted, critical hits with the same amount of shots then you should have the SAME score!!! 1 + 1 is ALWAYS 2 

dragonjim64 #8 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9618 battles

View PostBeta582, on 27 December 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Here is what things the game uses to calculate your silver and experience earnings. Copy/paste from my guide.

Experience and Silver Earnings: How to gain the most from your game time.

Spoiler 

pretty cool thanks for the info. was wondering how they really figured your score. some of this does not apply to console like joining a battle in progress. Cant do that on PS4 but the rest of it seems pretty straight thanks again.

Beta582 #9 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18652 battles
  • [TANK]

View Postdragonjim64, on 27 December 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

pretty cool thanks for the info. was wondering how they really figured your score. some of this does not apply to console like joining a battle in progress. Cant do that on PS4 but the rest of it seems pretty straight thanks again.

The only thing on that list that doesn't apply to console (yet) is the "Victory in Tank Company or Clan Wars" bonus.

The "Joining a battle" bonus is for starting a match, not joining one in progress. Every tank starts with a bare minimum amount of experience just for entering a match.

Always happy to help out! :honoring:

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Also tagged with cheating, bad math

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users