view range is out of control

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

panthermark #41 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6861 battles

View PostBYTORtheSn0wd0g, on 11 January 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

How about nerf the speed?  This would enable opfor to punish the yolo's as OP mentioned.    Try shooting one of these speedy little bastards with a fixed turret.  

What?!?!

So one person wants to nerf the view range of lights, another person in another thread wants to nerf the gun on lights, and you want to nerf the speed of lights?

I have a better idea.  We nerf the gun, camo, and armor of TD's? 

USSWISCONSIN94 #42 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9297 battles
  • [47R]

View Postpanthermark, on 11 January 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

What?!?!

So one person wants to nerf the view range of lights, another person in another thread wants to nerf the gun on lights, and you want to nerf the speed of lights?

I have a better idea.  We nerf the gun, camo, and armor of TD's? 

Camo nerf on my E4 is fine. Doesn't need it. Alpha nerf is fine as well. Armor doesn't need change. OP is just being bit of a baby.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

FlukenJager #43 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18023 battles

View Posthexine, on 11 January 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

ever since the light tank update I am getting spotted from ridiculous distances to the point where TD or snipers are not worth playing. The view range at higher tiers is now unreasonable and you can get spotted basically in spawn

so many hills no longer climbable, so many paths of fimits.

and I'm sick of the YOLO light morons running out and spotting 10+ players with their op view range. there used to be consequences for this nonsense

they absolutely gave most high tier lights too much view range, I know they had to or it would have been "just a worse medium" but if that's the case nerf the view range of mediums and heavies and then nerf the view range on lights

That was the whole point of the light tank update 

to offset tds and campers that were OP for years.

the lights are actually balanced, doing what they’re supposed to and balancing out the problems this Gabe has been having for years and years with camping tds, which are actually assault guns. 

JoeDaFrogman #44 Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostScoobydooboj, on 11 January 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

I just hate the way ' view range' just burns through camo no matter how many skills/ perks or bushes you have between you and them.

It's now a priority of mine to do my best to wipe out any lights i can as early game as poss now just to get some peace!

that's what bushes are for.  Except console gets screwed because it was built for the 360.   Look at the PC and players with foresight and knowledge can shoot some enemies within 200 meters at tier X and still not get spotted.  This really is (rarely) possible on the console versions.  I HAVE done it with certain enemy tanks, specific light tanks, and specific bushes, but those opportunities are few and far between compared to the extremes you get on PC.

II NO x VICE II #45 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29158 battles
  • [PRIME]

View PostJoeDaFrogman, on 11 January 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

that's what bushes are for.  Except console gets screwed because it was built for the 360.   Look at the PC and players with foresight and knowledge can shoot some enemies within 200 meters at tier X and still not get spotted.  This really is (rarely) possible on the console versions.  I HAVE done it with certain enemy tanks, specific light tanks, and specific bushes, but those opportunities are few and far between compared to the extremes you get on PC.

The solution is easy - have the 360 bushes marked differently (a slightly different color or type etc.) on the XB1. This is a game mechanic that is broken (as compared to the PC) and allows XB players to have an advantage that is unfair to the adopters of the newer consoles.

WG should have resolved at the outset since it is easy to do without much penalty on storage or visual render requirements. The console+server environment already knows which bushes work and which do not.

Edit: The same issue permeates the knocked down trees as well. If the tree is not on 360, my guess is that it will not affect camo as it is should since the 360 player cannot see that tree at all. I platooned with a 360 player and he was knocking down trees and remained impressively well hidden. I tried the same area, knocking down trees but had no clue if it helped me at all or not. Based on my experience, I could say that it did not help me at all. I guess there are far fewer trees on the 360 than there are on XB1. I wish WG would provide a way to distinguish.

Edited by II NO x VICE II, 11 January 2018 - 05:51 PM.

Saerbhreathach #46 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21087 battles

All of this whining about scouts now a days is GLORIOUS!! Potatoes not understanding spotting mechanics, camo mechanics OR how to use terrain is freaking AMAZING!! 

This very thread shows just how incompetent some tankers are!!! Lol. :D

El Materdor43 #47 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27597 battles
  • [HACKS]

Here is the Wargaming Wiki link. Scroll down to Visibility 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Visibility

Koncorde #48 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19236 battles
The issue is not view range, it's more lights closing the gap to be within your view range faster. Being able to drive to perfectly secure locations without fear is a thing of the past to a determined light tank with the guys to brave a hale of shells.

Pit Friend #49 Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29347 battles
  • [PTATO]

I’m more annoyed by it sometimes taking forever to become unspotted again. More than once today I had to hide for more than 30 seconds out of sight of everything to get my Sixth Sense to turn off. :angry:

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

Koncorde #50 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19236 battles
SS seems to be working fine for me, but there seems to be an occasional bit of lag to it I have noticed. That and the spotted / unspotted until I shoot them again tanks that are a bit odd.

I even had a Type 4 Heavy disappear on Swamp less than 150m away from my tier X Centurion. Was very magical to know exactly where it was but for it not to be visible.

SHRiIVIP #51 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16284 battles
  • [-NL-]

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 11 January 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

All of this whining about scouts now a days is GLORIOUS!! Potatoes not understanding spotting mechanics, camo mechanics OR how to use terrain is freaking AMAZING!! 

This very thread shows just how incompetent some tankers are!!! Lol. :D

Exactly. I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that people can't handle a slight meta change to their crutch classes of choice. It's a well deserved changed considering how no significant nerfs have come to tier 10 TDs besides the Foch 155. Which was hardcore overkill. 

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

46 Tanks with 3 MoE

Spoiler

Saerbhreathach #52 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21087 battles

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 11 January 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Exactly. I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that people can't handle a slight meta change to their crutch classes of choice. It's a well deserved changed considering how no significant nerfs have come to tier 10 TDs besides the Foch 155. Which was hardcore overkill. 

Whats even funnier is a lot of the scout whiners are the same bunch that would normally say "a medium can do it better" before the change. Now all of a sudden scouts are op..... :D

The way matches play out now flashes me back to the beta days. Back when EVERYBODY played all or nothing, push push push! I think many are finding it rather hard to keep up. Lol. 

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #53 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles
Yay! Its hexine's first eye rolling thread of 2018! Happy New Year.

I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

sledge6301 #54 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 45037 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View Posthexine, on 11 January 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

ever since the light tank update I am getting spotted from ridiculous distances to the point where TD or snipers are not worth playing. The view range at higher tiers is now unreasonable and you can get spotted basically in spawn

so many hills no longer climbable, so many paths of fimits.

and I'm sick of the YOLO light morons running out and spotting 10+ players with their op view range. there used to be consequences for this nonsense

they absolutely gave most high tier lights too much view range, I know they had to or it would have been "just a worse medium" but if that's the case nerf the view range of mediums and heavies and then nerf the view range on lights

You need to take a loock at your tank setups skill/perks and camo ,optics is more important then ever but it is a adjustmeant i have been forced to do on all my Heavise and TD.s

The playstile is pretty much changed last month and to go alone is not as easy it is also a good idea to actually use the light on your side to spot and track the targets so the big boys can do the killing it actually works better now then ever.

I dont think Heavies and TD,s are kings anymore and that now every tank class have there own territory and are equally needed to get a team win.

I have more fun taking on the new uppdades and try to adapt then to ask of something that is never going to be a return to the ols style.

I really enjoy playing more then ever cause it adds exitmeant and adrenaline rushes everyday.

It is a game we need to remember that fun should be the important thing if not there are others that might be a better chooice.

JoeDaFrogman #55 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 11 January 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

The solution is easy - have the 360 bushes marked differently (a slightly different color or type etc.) on the XB1. This is a game mechanic that is broken (as compared to the PC) and allows XB players to have an advantage that is unfair to the adopters of the newer consoles.

WG should have resolved at the outset since it is easy to do without much penalty on storage or visual render requirements. The console+server environment already knows which bushes work and which do not.

Edit: The same issue permeates the knocked down trees as well. If the tree is not on 360, my guess is that it will not affect camo as it is should since the 360 player cannot see that tree at all. I platooned with a 360 player and he was knocking down trees and remained impressively well hidden. I tried the same area, knocking down trees but had no clue if it helped me at all or not. Based on my experience, I could say that it did not help me at all. I guess there are far fewer trees on the 360 than there are on XB1. I wish WG would provide a way to distinguish.

that's not how it works, not even close

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

Almighty Tubsta #56 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 43655 battles
  • [LIGHT]

Yet another hexine thread, already 3 pages.

"Wah,wah, wah, I don't like something so WG has to change it to suit ME!!!"

^^^^^

This is every single one of hexine's threads.

BTW, now that there's no scout mm, did you figure out how to play lights yet hexine?

Light Tank Master Race

Light tank enthusiast and collector.

"That's a load of Tottenham that is...yeah, a steaming pile of Hotspur."

​Please do not feed the hexine...

hexine #57 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21694 battles

View PostPiwoMojePaliwo, on 11 January 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Dun cry, get your light tank and get them all!

yea that's just it, i would have to play the same way they do.....that's kinda the definition of OP

hexine #58 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21694 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 11 January 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

I would blame it on the maps, not the lights.  Very few maps reward view range at the moment.  

some people blame the map size but isn't that really just the same issue? we wouldn't be needing bigger maps if the view range was not so ridiculous

hexine #59 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21694 battles

i was just spotted at 540m by a light tank

it was incredibly clear that that was the light tank that spotted me; something is clearly wrong

Rubbelito #60 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View Posthexine, on 12 January 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

i was just spotted at 540m by a light tank

it was incredibly clear that that was the light tank that spotted me; something is clearly wrong

You most likely weren't, but a vid might help your case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users