Cromwell Love Premium Tank British Tier 6 Op Ace tanker Top gun

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

BYTORtheSn0wd0g #21 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26632 battles
  • [-OFF-]

How does it perform when bottom tier?  Is it still decent against tier 8?  Do you use it primarily as a scout?   Harass tactics?   Arty killer?  Just curious, as when I am against these things, they are difficult to hit, and the gun has a decent punch.   

I was thinking if you cant beat 'em, join 'em...

Koncorde #22 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20504 battles
I prefer TT Cromwell, feels like a smoother ride, and the fun seems more consistent when finishing people off.

At tier 8 the Cromwell thrives when it has the open space to get in and around the bigger tanks. A small light or medium of the tier will likely out hit point you and have similar speed and agility, so you really shine when you exploit isolated heavies and TD where your damage is enough to infuriate them into circling to defend themselves...at which point your team mates hit their flanks.

The challenge against the bigger tanks is going fast enough to out circle their gun, but not too fast as to lap back in front of the gun which is a serious risk with some of the Russian and German heavies.

panthermark #23 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7579 battles

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 11 January 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Can't agree that the Bromwell is better than the Cromwell, they are both good but the Cromwell has a chance of hitting something on the move and since it isn't a tank for sitting in got to say that makes the TT the better tank IMO

Bromwell is better than the TT Cromwell.  

If you look at their stats, they are exactly the same across the board (even though they show different guns) with the exception of two items.  Bromwell is better in two places"

1. Radio range (big whoop)

2. Traverse speed (HUGE DIFFERENCE). 

panthermark #24 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7579 battles

The Cromwell family (Cromwell, Cromwell B, Knight, and Snakebite) are some of the best tanks in the game....bar none.  I have two Kolobonov's...one in a Cromwell B, the other in a Snakebite.  I have two Radley's....one of them in the Cromwell B as well.

The Cromwell B is damn near OP, and is one of the few premium tanks that I purchased that wasn't a War Stories discount tank. 

I was just about to post in another thread about MOE's my Cromwell vs Cromwell B numbers because the Cromwell B is damn near impossible to get multiple marks on now. 

I'm currently at a 69.2% damage standing in my Cromwell B with the following stats.

162 games played

59% Win ratio

259 tanks destroyed

40% survival rate

63% hit rate

WN8 = 2282.23

2.99 spots per game

avg damage = 954

1.65 damage dealt vs received

Yet I can barely stay at 70%.  The player base with this tank is STRONG. 

Edited by panthermark, 11 January 2018 - 08:59 PM.

SightlessRogue0 #25 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13806 battles

I play a lot with Berlin, the experience I have of other crommy is the fight against them.

In pursuit mode and circle, the reason for being the berlin, the Knight has no chance and the TT cromwell can do better but it's very difficult for him.

When we meet another Crommy B there have seen the difference, it is not at all the same enemy. In this mode of combat I mean, in other modes the TT and knight will have the advantage: the "B" takes too long to aim.

Edited by SightlessRogue0, 11 January 2018 - 09:10 PM.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

panthermark #26 Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7579 battles

No, the TT Cromwell is the worst of the three. 

The best is up for debate.

The difference between the Cromwell B and the Knight (besides the paint/camo) is that the Knight aims quicker (1.9 vs 2.3) while the Cromwell B is more accurate (.36 vs .41). 

Aim time or accuracy....your call.

Both the Knight and Cromwell B have MUCH BETTER TRAVERSE SPEED over the TT Cromwell (50 vs 36) and both have more powerful radios (570 vs 550). 

All three have have different names for their gun/top gun, but the performance is EXACTLY THE SAME for all three in terms of reload time (3.9), damage, etc.  The TT Cromwell accuracy and aim time is the same as the Cromwell B.  Thus a Cromwell B is simply a faster turning version of a TT Cromwell. 

So, if you put all three in a circle battle against each other, the TT Cromwell would lose because the other two easily out turn it (50 vs 36). 

With the reload time and damage output being the same for ALL THREE TANKS, in a circle battle between identical tanks (Cromwell B vs Knight), do you take aim time (1.9 vs 2.3) over accuracy (.36 vs .41) when the load time for both is 3.9 seconds?  When you add BIA crew skill, plus vents, and a rammer, the difference shrink between the Knight and Cromwell B anyway.

Unkempt #27 Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18949 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostBYTORtheSn0wd0g, on 11 January 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

How does it perform when bottom tier?  Is it still decent against tier 8?  Do you use it primarily as a scout?   Harass tactics?   Arty killer?  Just curious, as when I am against these things, they are difficult to hit, and the gun has a decent punch.   

Exactly as you describe. It has the speed and agility to act as a scout when bottom tier.  Another bonus is that it's a premium tank, so APCR is cheaper to use in those situations. 

YouTube

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

SightlessRogue0 #28 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13806 battles

View Postpanthermark, on 11 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

The difference between the Cromwell B and the Knight (besides the paint/camo) is that the Knight aims quicker (1.9 vs 2.3) while the Cromwell B is more accurate (.36 vs .41). 

Both the Knight and Cromwell B have MUCH BETTER TRAVERSE SPEED over the TT Cromwell (50 vs 36) and both have more powerful radios (570 vs 550). 

All three have have different names for their gun/top gun, but the performance is EXACTLY THE SAME for all three in terms of reload time (3.9), damage, etc.  The TT Cromwell accuracy and aim time is the same as the Cromwell B.  Thus a Cromwell B is simply a faster turning version of a TT Cromwell. 

So, if you put all three in a circle battle against each other, the TT Cromwell would lose because the other two easily out turn it (50 vs 36). 

With the reload time and damage output being the same for ALL THREE TANKS, in a circle battle between identical tanks (Cromwell B vs Knight), do you take aim time (1.9 vs 2.3) over accuracy (.36 vs .41) when the load time for both is 3.9 seconds?  When you add BIA crew skill, plus vents, and a rammer, the difference shrink between the Knight and Cromwell B anyway.

In a fight turning the knight's problem is that in auto-target mode it misses almost all its shots in motion, it is for this reason that in this mode TT crommy gets better. For Berlin model it's the opposite, almost all his shots will hit the target.
I have nothing against the technical details on paper but in fight the result of these differences can be surprising.

Another difference: the equipment. On a crommy TT or a knight I do not see the interest of Christie suspention reinforced. On the Berlin, however, as you will quickly become a fan of the rotating battle and ramming this equipment will be very useful (you will kill 50% or more of the pursued light this way). Christie is 20% more resistant to damage.

Edited by SightlessRogue0, 12 January 2018 - 09:44 AM.

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Ar var alda #29 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7482 battles
  • [DAMND]
Got mastery in it twice last week was honestly suprised, it's a awesome tank for sure but aim time does make it tough to shoot from a distance when you need to lol

Xenith_Inc #30 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6100 battles

View Postpanthermark, on 11 January 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

No. The 36 degree traverse listed for the TT cromwell on tankopedia is for the stock engine. When the TT cromwell is fully upgraded it has something like a 57 degree traverse, so better than the Berliner. There are many, many threads about this. The cromwell B has slightly better acceleration due to better ground resistance stats, but the TT cromwell has better traverse.

See for yourself:

Edited by Xenith_Inc, 12 January 2018 - 03:05 PM.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

fozfactor #31 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52150 battles

View PostXenith_Inc, on 12 January 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

No. The 36 degree traverse listed for the TT cromwell on tankopedia is for the stock engine. When the TT cromwell is fully upgraded it has something like a 57 degree traverse, so better than the Berliner. There are many, many threads about this. The cromwell B has slightly better acceleration due to better ground resistance stats, but the TT cromwell has better traverse.

See for yourself:

The current console TT Crommy's top package tracks traverse at 36 degrees, the stock package tracks at 34. 

On l'a bien allumé!

- Marianne Durieux, Commander Guillaume Tell, Mle.49

Koncorde #32 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20504 battles
This is what is being referred to for the Traverse. Would be interesting to know if it actually applies or not.

http://forum.worldof...f-your-tanks-★/

fozfactor #33 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52150 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 12 January 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

This is what is being referred to for the Traverse. Would be interesting to know if it actually applies or not.

http://forum.worldof...f-your-tanks-★/

Was just looking at the same thread. Xenith got my gears turning.

On l'a bien allumé!

- Marianne Durieux, Commander Guillaume Tell, Mle.49

SightlessRogue0 #34 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13806 battles

View PostAr var alda, on 12 January 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Got mastery in it twice last week was honestly suprised, it's a awesome tank for sure but aim time does make it tough to shoot from a distance when you need to lol

For the B, many use the autolock more than the viewfinder, even from a distance, provided that it is immobile (something that was given to me for Berlin). If you with a crew with the Snakebite skill, transfer it to your Crommy B, it will be more useful to him than your snakebite: every extra percentage of accuracy seems to have a big impact on autolock.

F4ST-D3V1LS #35 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18382 battles
  • [NLDBE]

I agree with all of you, this tank is so versatile and just SO good, im gonna play it a whole lot more (kinda neglected it)

One of those gems which are insanely good, yet not op.

3 Marked tanks: Aufklärungspanzer Panther - Tiger 131 - M36 Jackson - Pz.V/IV "Rammpanzer"

xlch69 #36 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10558 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostKilroyWasHere17, on 11 January 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

As stated in the title I just bought this tank two days ago and absolutely love it. The tank is borderline OP as it is a straight up better Cromwell then the tech tree version. The track traverse speed is just so much better and gives you so much more flexibility . I know Ive only played 20 matches so far but ive had 5 ace tankers and 4 top guns in those matches and is the best start I've had on a vehicle. Im very surprised I have not seen more of them on the battle field with the tank being for sale currently in the premium tech tree. And that's all I've got to say about that just had to give a shout out to one of the best purchases I've made in this game.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2Q8Aj

...because people are sick of paying money for reskins on top of those who already own the Knight.  When I picked up the knight it cost me 2300 gold, the B on sale goes for 3450.  The price difference and reskin is not worth it to me.

panthermark #37 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7579 battles

View PostXenith_Inc, on 12 January 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

See for yourself:

That was very interesting! 

I wish there was a way to try this on the console...(and not used damaged tracks)  My first thought when I jumped into the Cromwell B was how quickly it pivoted...it was actually what made me go and hunt down the traverse speeds.  

If the numbers listed are incorrect, I'm a bit upset at WG for not listing accurate information on their website. 

Based on WOT website, even with the upgraded engine and tracks, the traverse speed on the Cromwell is 36.

https://console.worl.../GB21_Cromwell/

Showing the wrong stats is big fail on WG's part.  Luckily I like my Cromwell B, but f I were to buy a premium tank based on its stats compared to the TT version, I would be really pissed to find out that the TT version is understated on their official website. 

Too bad I sold my Cromwell..I would love to get a timer and try them both out in the same location on the proving grounds. 

Xenith_Inc #38 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6100 battles

View Postfozfactor, on 12 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Was just looking at the same thread. Xenith got my gears turning.

I can't seem to find the thread now, but when the Bromwell went up in the store last...autumn? I was really tempted to buy it, but i researched extensively, and there was discussion on the forum which led to the conclusion that the TT tankopedia article was wrong, and listed some factor of t stock to elite engine power - as shown in that thread. I believe it was confirmed by a mod.

My YouTube Channel

Xenith_Inc #39 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6100 battles

View Postpanthermark, on 12 January 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

on their website. 

Based on WOT website, even with the upgraded engine and tracks, the traverse speed on the Cromwell is 36.

Indeed, as above, the listed traverse is some arcane rubric of the top and bottom engines i think

My YouTube Channel

Zulu Calm #40 Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBYTORtheSn0wd0g, on 11 January 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

It's a tank that I actually enjoy being bottom tier in. The trick is to survive the early game while trying to be useful and not being hit. So some early spotting, some opportunity shots that sort of thing. Also you can draw attention to yourself then duck back while the bigger tanks on your team can punish Opfor for moving their attention to you.

You can skirt ridges to light up Opfor for others like a Light such as on maps like Prok. Harassing is definitely the thing as well and of course flanking. If you can get through to blast Arty that can often swing the battle in your favour.

The challenge is mainly in not getting hit as even in lower tier battles you don't have much armour (armor) so that for instance even V/IVs or KV1s can cause problems if they hit you. Keep a careful eye out for the big hitters such as the KV2s, the Scorpions, the SU 152s and the Japanese Heavies. 

Full health at mid game though with some good damage done and an even game and it's highly likely it's going to end well for you. 

Best of all though, is that the Cromwells are such fun to use.

Edited by Zulu Calm, 14 January 2018 - 08:49 PM.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users