Jump to content


What is this M4 Sherman?


  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #61 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17296 battles
  • 11,791
  • [-RS-]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostVictimizeracing, on 12 January 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

 

I asked on the FB stream today. It is not a dual trainer. I know last year they planned the Champion to not be either but we the forum got them to change it.....maybe we need to rally again.

 

Well, that will be lame. Chances are Russia will win so at least it would be somewhat unique as a Russian sherman. But is USA does somehow win it'll be the most pointless tank ever. We already have a tier V and tier Vi premium sherman for the USA.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75 - In order obtained


Xenith_Inc #62 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3979 battles
  • 1,332
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017
Seeing as last year's tank was a reskin ed TT premium, could this just be a grizzly reskin? I dunno what gun that has.

WG, make this a fusion tank with the M4 hull with russian 57mm!

57, not 75!

Willen #63 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19028 battles
  • 835
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

Disappointing that it's the cast hull M4A1 reskinned instead of a welded M4A2 model that was used by Soviet crews. I guess that if the gun is the 75mm it would be a little more unique with the M4A1 hull than a reskinned M4A2E4 / Ripper with VVSS instead of torsion bars for a "new" premium tank. I assume they are saving the model debut for Loza's M4A2.

 

If I don't end up on the winning team, I don't think I'll buy it even for 50% off. Even with PMM and dual nation training. I already have a premium Sherman with the 75mm gun and PMM - the M4A2E4. And I have a premium Sherman with the 76mm gun - Fury. And I have lots of Soviet premium tanks already, I don't really need more.



bball-swag163 #64 Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18320 battles
  • 333
  • [ACE]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostSickoMcNasty, on 11 January 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

No more questioning the gun guys. It's obvious what it is. It's the 75mm M3

 

​wow, yet another crap gunned Sherman, wg make an m4 with the 105 as a prem, that would actually be good

3 MarkedT-54 ltwt, Ru 251, LTTB, Leopard 1, WZ-120, Leopard PTA, T-34-2, STA-1, M26 Pershing, Sherman Fury, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo, T-10, ST-I, KV-4, T30.

 

2 Marked: AMX 13 90, Hollenhund, T71 DA, Spahpanzer I C, LTG, Skoda T 50, T-54, T54E1, M46 Patton, E50, AMX 30 proto, T-44, Panther 2, M4A1 ravioli, Type 5 Chi-Ri, T-43, T-34-1, T20, Panther, T-34(tier 5), E 100, Type 4 Heavy, M103, E-75, Conqueror, T32, T29, FV215b(183), Waffentrager auf Pz. IV, Tortoise, T28 Proto, Rhm.- Borsig Waffentrager, Skorpion G, ISU 152, AT 15, T25/2, SU 152.

 

1 Marked: WZ-132, WZ-131, Lycan T71, AMX 13 75, VK 28.01, Type 64, T21, MT-25, Cromwell Snakebite, AMX 12 t, VK 16.02 Leopard, AMX ELC bis, T37, M48A1 Patton, Centurion Action X, Batchat 25 t, Type 61, Centurion 7/1, Batchat 25 t AP, TVP VTU, T69, Centurion 1, T-34/100, Comet, Skoda T25, VK 30.02 M, Type 58, T-34-85, Cromwell, Type T-34, M4 Sherman, T110E5, Chieftain mk.6. VK 45.02 (P) ausf. A, Tiger 2, O-HO, IS-3, Caernarvon, Tiger 1 Hammer, Tiger 1, O-NI, KV-3, IS, Black Prince, VK 36.01 (H), T-150, O-I, VK 30.01 (H), T110E4, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, Object 704, Jagdtiger, UDES 03, Ferdinand, St Emil, Jagdpanther, AT 7, M18 Hellcat, Jagpanzer IV, Ikv 65 Alt II, AT 8, M53/M55, BC 155 55, M40/M43, Lorraine 155 mle.51, M12, Lorraine 155 mle.50.


butsubutsu #65 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20571 battles
  • 3,166
  • Member since:
    02-14-2016
So all this means it will be a tier V with a crap gun like the Ripper, or am I mistaken?

YCS-186 #66 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16019 battles
  • 2,415
  • [HJCAD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016

View Postbutsubutsu, on 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

So all this means it will be a tier V with a crap gun like the Ripper, or am I mistaken?

 

Yeah, pretty much. I do like the Ripper, but I already own three of them (Ripper, M4A2E4, and Frostbite). Ok the Frostbite is technically a different tank, but has the exact same gun and playstyle. I'm not exactly ecstatic about a chance to earn a fourth one, nor do I need it.

 

I would have put in two completions and hoped to be on the winning side, but this year WG wants you do to almost 7 completions just to qualify for your team. The tank isn't worth all that plus another 2 completions, so I'm sitting this one out.


My Tank Collection //Last Updated 03/01/2018\\:
 
Semi-retired from WoT. I'll still come back for earn ops, freebies, and new nations/tanks, but these days I do the majority of my tanking in AW and GuP: DTM.

PLK180W #67 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 61 battles
  • 6,480
  • Member since:
    10-29-2014

Not too fussed by this prize, though the fact it's a dual trainer would be useful, if I win it I win it.

 

Probably be useful for players who are looking for a reasonable little dual trainer though, no worse the the stock M4 with the benefit of PMM, (and by the look of it - spaced armour).


Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Herr Hrudey #68 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20046 battles
  • 201
  • [GEEZR]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostPLK180W, on 12 January 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not too fussed by this prize, though the fact it's a dual trainer would be useful, if I win it I win it.

 

Probably be useful for players who are looking for a reasonable little dual trainer though, no worse the the stock M4 with the benefit of PMM, (and by the look of it - spaced armour).

 

Already confirmed as stated above it's not a dual crew trainer. Sorry. 

butsubutsu #69 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20571 battles
  • 3,166
  • Member since:
    02-14-2016

View PostYCS-186, on 12 January 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

Yeah, pretty much. I do like the Ripper, but I already own three of them (Ripper, M4A2E4, and Frostbite). Ok the Frostbite is technically a different tank, but has the exact same gun and playstyle. I'm not exactly ecstatic about a chance to earn a fourth one, nor do I need it.

 

I would have put in two completions and hoped to be on the winning side, but this year WG wants you do to almost 7 completions just to qualify for your team. The tank isn't worth all that plus another 2 completions, so I'm sitting this one out.

Agreed, I will just play as normal and see what happens. I will definitely not do anything extra just to earn another Ripper since I already own that one and the Frostbite. 

 

WG could really have done something way cooler and more exciting than adding a crappy version of the Sherman. 



Sgt Becket FEAR #70 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10010 battles
  • 7,242
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

Yay another premium Sherman ^_^

 

They always burn quite nicely :justwait:


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


PLK180W #71 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 61 battles
  • 6,480
  • Member since:
    10-29-2014

View PostHerr Hrudey, on 12 January 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

 

Already confirmed as stated above it's not a dual crew trainer. Sorry. 

 

Very poor.

Very Very poor.

 

Even though the Champion, (at the time), was a pretty average tank, I would have sold it instantly if it hadn't been a dual trainer, since I already had the PZ V/M10, (which, since the buff, I enjoy even more) .

 

I'll probably just do enough completions to qualify, then go back to my Brits and Jerry's. 

 


Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

MelloCWB #72 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17994 battles
  • 2,692
  • Member since:
    08-16-2014

View PostWillen, on 12 January 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

Disappointing that it's the cast hull M4A1 reskinned instead of a welded M4A2 model that was used by Soviet crews. I guess that if the gun is the 75mm it would be a little more unique with the M4A1 hull than a reskinned M4A2E4 / Ripper with VVSS instead of torsion bars for a "new" premium tank. I assume they are saving the model debut for Loza's M4A2.

 

If I don't end up on the winning team, I don't think I'll buy it even for 50% off. Even with PMM and dual nation training. I already have a premium Sherman with the 75mm gun and PMM - the M4A2E4. And I have a premium Sherman with the 76mm gun - Fury. And I have lots of Soviet premium tanks already, I don't really need more.

 

​Pretty much this, unfortunatelly.

I was hopping for the Thunderbolt. Or at least this M4 with the 105 derp. I don't need another 75mm Sherman, already have my E4


 

 


KLLDZR #73 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12308 battles
  • 642
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostVictimizeracing, on 12 January 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

 

I asked on the FB stream today. It is not a dual trainer. I know last year they planned the Champion to not be either but we the forum got them to change it.....maybe we need to rally again.

 

They changed it Really??

matsuuu #74 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 5961 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

I think I join to Russian team to get Russian M4, and because I already have one USA MVP medal.

 

But if that is same gun as in T14, I can handle it, if it has PMM, like in T14.

 



CSW652 #75 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42395 battles
  • 1,193
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Looks like a reskinned Emcha to me.

Pit Friend #76 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27545 battles
  • 12,707
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostHerr Hrudey, on 12 January 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

 

Already confirmed as stated above it's not a dual crew trainer. Sorry. 

 

What the hell is the point of this thing then? The US has basically two versions of this thing already and the Soviet line has far better tier V Premiums with PMM already. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  


True Don 88 #77 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 52913 battles
  • 56
  • [DMCLS]
  • Member since:
    01-04-2014
If it isn't a dual trainer they should give it a crew training bonus to encourage people to use it, otherwise it will just gather dust in most garages.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #78 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:45 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17579 battles
  • 10,051
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

View Postgreenteam117, on 11 January 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

so a sherman is going to be the prize, too bad it was not a reskinned thunderbolt though

 

or something like the M4 improved

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Lone Wolfing since day 1


 


greenteam117 #79 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:00 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16569 battles
  • 788
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostRAGNAR0K N ROLL, on 13 January 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

 

or something like the M4 improved

 

ithe tank should of been a sherman with a 122mm, i even found a old forum post about adding this tank.

http://forum-console...ank-suggestion/


MOST HATED TANKs OF ALL TIME GOES TO THE... IKV103 AND T-34-2!!!!!!!!                  Do what makes you happy... or die trying.      

Tanks Lines i Recommend for new Players 1.IS Line 2.KV Line 3.Maus Line 4.Japanese Super Heavy Line 5.US Heavy Line. 

favorite tank(s) are : captured KV-1, Champion M10, Gorynych KV-5, bogatyr, churchill III, Glory is-5, IS-2, Kaiju, Edelweiss, Nameless, e-100, type 5 heavy, T-10, The Hidden, M4A1 Revalorise, Hammer, IS-3, Fatherland, GuP, Lycan, T26E4, Boilermaker,Pz. II J PS, Valentine II, Honor T-28E, ISU-130, WT Auf pz. IV, Lowe, British Bulldog (and maybe some other tanks that are not coming to mind) i pretty much like all the tanks that i own (i find it fun to earn premium tanks).  Marks on Premium Tanks  


play2often #80 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6537 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    12-20-2016

View Postgreenteam117, on 13 January 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

 

ithe tank should of been a sherman with a 122mm, i even found a old forum post about adding this tank.

http://forum-console...ank-suggestion/

 

Reading further down on that page, I'd say the m18/t54 sounds like a far more interesting tank




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users