TANKBOWL 2018: USA vs. USSR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
346 replies to this topic

ContentWG #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

WG Staff

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Tryout for a team and decimate the opposition for the Champion M4 Sherman!

Full news text

TANKBOWL Tryouts

Can I complete TANKBOWL tryouts for both nations?

You can progress in both teams during tryouts.  However, the first Op you complete will lock you to that specific nation.  If you complete USA Tryouts first, then USA will be your team.  Same goes for Tryouts U.S.S.R.

How do I earn my place in TANKBOWL during Tryouts?

Play battles and earn 100 points in your Nation’s tanks tier III or higher.

• Top XP   Earner on your team: 5 points
  • Top 2-5 XP   Earners on your team: 3 points
  • Top 6-10 XP   Earners on your team: 1 point

What is the ‘Team Bonus!’?

When you complete your nation’s ‘Tryouts’ Op, you will unlock the ‘Team Bonus!’ OP which awards +25% XP and +25% Silver for every win in your tanks from your Nation (tiers III+). This OP can be repeated until the end of the Tryouts period. Make sure to complete ‘Tryouts’ early to maximize your ‘Team Bonus!’

Can I still participate in TANKBOWL if I did not do the "Tryouts" Ops? 

No. You must complete the “Tryouts” Op before being able to participate in TANKBOWL. 

TANKBOWL 

How do I score for my team during TANKBOWL?

By being one of the top XP earners on your team while playing a tank (tier III+) from your nation, you will earn points.  Earning 15 points will provide a completion for your team, which is what will factor in determining the winning team. For each multiplayer battle, you can earn:

• Top XP Earner on your team: 5 points
  • Top 2-3 XP Earners on your team: 3 points
  • Top 4-5 XP Earners on your team: 1 point

>>>> If there is a Tie for XP earned, the Tie-Break will be by most Damage <<<<

Breakdown of points as seen in-game:

Spoiler

What’s a "completion"?

Every 15 points you earn will equal a completion.  For example, earning 78 points would mean you earned 5 completions for your team.

How does a nation win?

The nation with the highest average completions (per qualifying players) will win TANKBOWL.

Does it make sense to participate in all 4 Quarters? 

Yes, the more you play the better your team’s chances of winning. You will also receive a surprise Overtime Reward. 

Can I use any tier tank of my team’s nation during TANKBOWL?

You can use any tier III tank or higher.

How do I earn MVP Status and what does it do?

Complete the ‘MVP USA’ or “MVP USSR” Op by scoring 110 points or more for your nation during TANKBOWL. You will earn an ‘MVP USA’ or ‘MVP USSR’ Medal and will also qualify for a 50% discount on the Champion Sherman bundle if your team is not victorious at the end of TANKBOWL.  (Medals will be credited a few days after TANKBOWL)

What is the “random drop rewards for completions”?

It is a random reward received every time you rack up 15 points in TANKBOWL. Play lots of games to see what you might get!

What happens if my team doesn’t win?

You’ll be able to buy the Champion M4 Sherman at a discounted price if you have scored at least one completion. If you earn MVP status, you will receive a 50% discount; Participation status will provide a 15% discount.  If you did not score one completion, the bundle will be available for purchase at full price.

Can I catch up and participate in all four quarters if I start late?

No, these are 24hr Ops and are not available for replay. (Ex: Players that begin on the last day, Feb 4th, will not see the Q1, Q2 or Q3 Ops).

Do I need to complete the TANKBOWL Quarter Operations in consecutive order to have a chance to win the tank?

No. But remember that you need to score as many completions as you can during each Quarter, to secure the win for your team. 

I made the team, but did not earn a completion.  Do I still qualify for the winning prize if my team wins?

Only players who score a completion (15 points) for their team are eligible for the winning prize.

How do I qualify for the prize or discounts?

You must complete the "Tryouts" Operation and earn 15 points during TANKBOWL to contribute one completion to your team. Score at least one completion to earn the “Participation USA” or “Participation USSR” medal to qualify for your team’s rewards.

Winning Team

•   FREE Champion M4 Sherman bundle including unique 2018 Champion Emblems
  •  “Trophy” Medal

Losing Team

• 50% off Champion M4 Sherman bundle for losing players who earned unique “MVP USA” or “MVP USSR” medal.
  • 15% off Champion M4 Sherman bundle for players who earned “Participation USA” or “Participation USSR” medal

Didn’t participate? Champion M4 Sherman bundle available for purchase

Edited by SecndChance WGA, 16 January 2018 - 07:20 PM.

Ricky Flaggins #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10386 battles

"Collectors USSR" 

140,000 Gold

Whoa!! That's a whole lotta Ben Franklins 

Edited by LIBARYKEEPER483, 11 January 2018 - 08:42 PM.

WG: "Bricks working as intended. Check your ISP."

RuefulCenturion #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles
Hahaha, no thanks. 

PATRIOTICxTBro #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15281 battles
Honestly for such hyped tanks the patriot and defender aren’t that bad price wise

Metalrodent #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10186 battles
  • [KMD]

It amuses me that in the trailer Team USA quite clearly has the Sexton in it (Canadian/British vehicle) while the Soviets have the 34-88 (half German obviously).

Also, while still fairly expensive I am pleased to see that there's base bundles for the Patriot and Defender -  could have been much worse.

Though both the Mega bundles would be a lot cheaper if it didn't have the same vehicles multiple times.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...sCeAbYa.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...bYa.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>

There’s a mask upon my face
I can’t live without
So you won’t recognize me
When I am in the crowd

loco272829 #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5348 battles
  • [STOB-]

View PostContentWG, on 11 January 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Tryout for a team and decimate the opposition for the Champion M4 Sherman!

Full news text

TANKBOWL Tryouts

Can I complete TANKBOWL tryouts for both nations?

You can progress in both teams during tryouts.  However, the first Op you complete will lock you to that specific nation.  If you complete USA Tryouts first, then USA will be your team.  Same goes for Tryouts U.S.S.R.

How do I earn my place in TANKBOWL during Tryouts?

Play battles and earn 100 points in your Nation’s tanks tier III or higher.

• Top XP   Earner on your team: 5 points
  • Top 2-5 XP   Earners on your team: 3 points
  • Top 6-10 XP   Earners on your team: 1 point

What is the ‘Team Bonus!’?

When you complete your nation’s ‘Tryouts’ Op, you will unlock the ‘Team Bonus!’ OP which awards +25% XP and +25% Silver for every win in your tanks from your Nation (tiers III+). This OP can be repeated until the end of the Tryouts period. Make sure to complete ‘Tryouts’ early to maximize your ‘Team Bonus!’

Can I still participate in TANKBOWL if I did not do the "Tryouts" Ops? 

No. You must complete the “Tryouts” Op before being able to participate in TANKBOWL. 

TANKBOWL 

How do I score for my team during TANKBOWL?

By being one of the top XP earners on your team while playing a tank (tier III+) from your nation, you will earn points.  Earning 15 points will provide a completion for your team, which is what will factor in determining the winning team. For each multiplayer battle, you can earn:

• Top XP Earner on your team: 5 points
  • Top 2-3 XP Earners on your team: 3 points
  • Top 4-5 XP Earners on your team: 1 point

What’s a "completion"?

Every 15 points you earn will equal a completion.  For example, earning 78 points would mean you earned 5 completions for your team.

How does a nation win?

The nation with the highest average completions (per qualifying players) will win TANKBOWL.

Does it make sense to participate in all 4 Quarters? 

Yes, the more you play the better your team’s chances of winning. You will also receive a surprise Overtime Reward. 

Can I use any tier tank of my team’s nation during TANKBOWL?

You can use any tier III tank or higher.

How do I earn MVP Status and what does it do?

Complete the ‘MVP USA’ or “MVP USSR” Op by scoring 110 points or more for your nation during TANKBOWL. You will earn an ‘MVP USA’ or ‘MVP USSR’ Medal and will also qualify for a 50% discount on the Champion Sherman bundle if your team is not victorious at the end of TANKBOWL.  (Medals will be credited a few days after TANKBOWL)

What is the “random drop rewards for completions”?

It is a random reward received every time you rack up 15 points in TANKBOWL. Play lots of games to see what you might get!

What happens if my team doesn’t win?

You’ll be able to buy the Champion M4 Sherman at a discounted price if you have scored at least one completion. If you earn MVP status, you will receive a 50% discount; Participation status will provide a 15% discount.  If you did not score one completion, the bundle will be available for purchase at full price.

Can I catch up and participate in all four quarters if I start late?

No, these are 24hr Ops and are not available for replay. (Ex: Players that begin on the last day, Feb 4th, will not see the Q1, Q2 or Q3 Ops).

Do I need to complete the TANKBOWL Quarter Operations in consecutive order to have a chance to win the tank?

No. But remember that you need to score as many completions as you can during each Quarter, to secure the win for your team. 

I made the team, but did not earn a completion.  Do I still qualify for the winning prize if my team wins?

Only players who score a completion (15 points) for their team are eligible for the winning prize.

How do I qualify for the prize or discounts?

You must complete the "Tryouts" Operation and earn 15 points during TANKBOWL to contribute one completion to your team. Score at least one completion to earn the “Participation USA” or “Participation USSR” medal to qualify for your team’s rewards.

Winning Team

•   FREE Champion M4 Sherman bundle including unique 2018 Champion Emblems
  •  “Trophy” Medal

Losing Team

• 50% off Champion M4 Sherman bundle for losing players who earned unique “MVP USA” or “MVP USSR” medal.
  • 15% off Champion M4 Sherman bundle for players who earned “Participation USA” or “Participation USSR” medal

Didn’t participate? Champion M4 Sherman bundle available for purchase

is the Champion M4 Sherman dual trainer

Papax 2112 #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 60930 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 11 January 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Honestly for such hyped tanks the patriot and defender aren’t that bad price wise

​Maybe someone is starting to pay attention. Aren't they both over 50 us though?

HybredXero #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34055 battles
  • [BULL]
Are there stats available for the Champion Sherman or is it just another Sheman?

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Beta582 #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19498 battles
  • [TANK]

WoT Console

Object 252u Defender base vehicle price: 13,940 gold

T26E5 Patriot base vehicle price: 12,440 gold

WoT PC

Object 252u Defender base vehicle price: 10,950 gold

T26E5 Patriot base vehicle price: 9,700 gold

What an absolute joke! They are the same vehicles so Wargaming can't use the excuse that it has a custom skin to raise the price.

EDIT: I would LOVE to hear the marketing departments excuses for this one!

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

Ricky Flaggins #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10386 battles

View PostBeta582, on 11 January 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

WoT Console

WoT PC

What an absolute joke! They are the same vehicles so Wargaming can't use the excuse that it has a custom skin to raise the price.

Can I join you on this one?....Ok?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mashed #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 37288 battles

I'll pick up a Soviet MVP medal and the Sherman if its free.

Nothing else needed.

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

IBROX 04 #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]
Glad I ain't buying premium tanks anymore. Lol. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

DenserFlyer173 #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21899 battles
  • [HI5]
so... no discount on american and soviet tank on the tech three?

Ricky Flaggins #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10386 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 11 January 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

Glad I ain't buying premium tanks anymore. Lol. 

Yeah you won't...but a whole bunch of wallet warriors will lol

MASHMAN 90 #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37366 battles

View PostMashed, on 11 January 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

I'll pick up a Soviet MVP medal and the Sherman if its free.

Nothing else needed.

Same for me but on main it may be likely to be Minor as on less.

Z0MB13A55A51N #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66532 battles
  • [C-GUL]
Time to flip a coin again and hope I win.  I hate Tank Bowl.  I find it unfair that you can earn hundreds of points for your side but if you didn't happen to pick the right side you miss out.  

ATHFjman18 #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18686 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBeta582, on 11 January 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

WoT Console

WoT PC

You’ll never get an answer. 

TheDeadTANKer #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24033 battles

View PostBeta582, on 11 January 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

WoT Console

WoT PC

I was thinking WG would charge even more then this.   While I'm not happy about the price and would rather they be lower,much lower for these and all Premium tanks.

I'm going to buy the Mega bundle, I know I shouldn't and it will only encourage WG to keep prices high but I'm weak and can't help myself :(

EatingCheese571 #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 79814 battles
  • [A4C]

https://www.facebook...if_t=live_video

Raibot and Thor are on facebook live now.

NombieLord #20 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31041 battles
  • [BNKR]
Id rather focus on how much more of a burn the prize tank this year appears to be than last year... I mean really... an M4...? Haven't seen one of those in a while...
If you think you see me coming, you're just imagining things...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users