• This topic is locked This topic is locked
346 replies to this topic

OldDog175Ranger #341 Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30969 battles
  • [509TH]

View PostJope2209, on 03 February 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

Btw, we have many tanks in WoT in honor of general Klim: KV-1, KV-1S, KV-2, KV-85, KV-3, KV-4, KV-4 Verzilla, KV-4 Kereslavskiy, KV-5, KV-5 Gorynich..

But never as much as tanks in honor of comrade Koba: IS, IS-2, IS-5 Glory, IS-5/Obj 730, IS-3, IS-3a, IS-3a Fatherland, IS-6, IS-6 Black Edition, IS-4, IS-7..

WoT would definitely be Stalin's favorite game...

Thanks so much for the history lesson, very detailed yet precise information that filled in a LOT of blanks for me, "Good on you", as my Australian friends like to say. I knew something about the purges but nothing about the tank line names and how they came about, very cool, or horrific, right?

But that is what is really truly amazing about this game, it is many history lessons as well as a map reading and more importantly terrain association tool. You learn many ideas and tactic's that would do you well to know before you join the military. You learn the difference between "Cover" and "Concealment" which can help you as a sniper. Artillery helps you to understand "Calling for Fire", or being a Forward Observer, I am qualified as both.

Point is, this game is not perfect, but I can't wait to see how it goes in two or three years?  We are really catching up w/PC, tank wise. My cousin from East Germany visited me this week here in Florida. I converted him from PC to lowly Console...one at a time, lol! He said it was so much easier, and bottom line, so much more FUN! Keep Tanking!

Jope2209 #342 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33889 battles

View PostOldDog175Ranger, on 03 February 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Thanks so much for the history lesson, very detailed yet precise information that filled in a LOT of blanks for me, "Good on you", as my Australian friends like to say. I knew something about the purges but nothing about the tank line names and how they came about, very cool, or horrific, right?

But that is what is really truly amazing about this game, it is many history lessons as well as a map reading and more importantly terrain association tool. You learn many ideas and tactic's that would do you well to know before you join the military. You learn the difference between "Cover" and "Concealment" which can help you as a sniper. Artillery helps you to understand "Calling for Fire", or being a Forward Observer, I am qualified as both.

Point is, this game is not perfect, but I can't wait to see how it goes in two or three years?  We are really catching up w/PC, tank wise. My cousin from East Germany visited me this week here in Florida. I converted him from PC to lowly Console...one at a time, lol! He said it was so much easier, and bottom line, so much more FUN! Keep Tanking!

I'm glad you find it useful, I wasn't trying to lecture here, but even thou it's a game and we're here to play tanks, people should know a fact or two  about their favorite tanks. KV line of tanks is named after a very shady character, Stalin's executor, man who was often ridiculed by his fellow officers for his incompetence.. He was general in charge in Winter War (before the ww2 against Finland) and the results were disastrous and Soviet losses staggering so Stalin was furious at Voroshilov and the fact that Voroshilov couldn't deliver a quick victory over a small country like Finland. But in reality Voroshilov was cruel and dangerous man, no one liked him, but everyone feared him, because he was so close to Stalin and obeyed him without thinking about the consequences...During the Stalin's purges he was personally in charge of executions of Stalin's political enemies and he personally signed over 200 execution lists (not names, but lists full of names).

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

GentleManiac757 #343 Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10898 battles

when do final results post?

is the score posted collectively per Q, or a progression of total score 

Do the overtime scores count toward the final score?

[/url]

GentleManiac757 #344 Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10898 battles

View PostGentleManiac757, on 05 February 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

when do final results post?

is the score posted collectively per Q, or a progression of total score 

Do the overtime scores count toward the final score?

it's 10:34 EST here

[/url]

NombieLord #345 Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30864 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostRadicalspeeder, on 17 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

True, especially since my free time is much more valuable because I have college things to do mostly.

​It's a game... one that you apparently still have time to play and complain about having to play in order to get the not free stuff that didn't cost you anything other than the time you were already spending.
If you think you see me coming, you're just imagining things...

Troy-Angles #346 Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34586 battles
  • [-RED-]

View PostTroy-Angles, on 18 January 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

I have played 80 matches (solo 5 each tier - more in tier 5 and 8) on both EU and NA, the Russian tanks are accumulating points (top 5 consistently, I don't pay attention to 6-10 because those players are not consistent) close to 2:1 over USA. USSR occupies the top spots 46% of the time to USA's 27% on EU and 40% to 27% on NA. I'm gonna study 100 battles on the weekend. Even if Russian tanks outnumber U.S. tanks and they have to complete more, they should have no problem based on the xp numbers they are getting. My prediction: USSR 218000 USA 191000.

View Postsalomon2007, on 18 January 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

They are just getting points to qualify the Tryouts, so it is sure that parameter of USSR would be much more than one of USA. (USSR qualified participants >>USA qualified participants)

Team USSR: 2.1045

Team USA: 1.8935

my prediction: ussr 14% over us

actual total: ussr 11% over us

where's my cookie

OldDog175Ranger #347 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30969 battles
  • [509TH]

View PostNombieLord, on 04 February 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

​It's a game... one that you apparently still have time to play and complain about having to play in order to get the not free stuff that didn't cost you anything other than the time you were already spending.

WOT or school work, it's an obvious choice...Keep on Tanking!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users