• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

butsubutsu #221 Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19175 battles
  • [APEX2]

View Postpsmobius1, on 14 January 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

LOL, they always have the upper hand....we just don't realize it until they drop it like a hammer LOL

True that! 

HolyFetusChrist #222 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11139 battles
  • [-NL-]
I love how people complained about WoT being p2w and all the new OP tanks/premiums and then whine on the forums just as badly when a new premium isn't as p2w as they hoped it would be.

Had to start over. Old account was HappeningShrimp: 3153 WN8, 26 tanks with 3 MoE

3 Marks Of Excellence

Tier 10: XM551 Sheridan, AMX 13 105, TVP T 50/51, T110E5, Obj 140, Object 430, Bat-Chat 25t, AMX 30 B, Grille 15, Waf. auf E 100 Tier 9: M103, M46 Patton Tier 8: Primo Victoria, Stark Strv S1, Hollenhund, Obj 416, T32, STA-2, AMX 13 90, M51 Super Sherman, Pershing, Panther 88, Fatherland, T34. Tier 7:  Adler VK45.03, T29, T20. Tier 6: Strv m/42-57, M4A3E2, Rudy. Tier 5: Churchill lll, M4

Snorelacks #223 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21326 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 14 January 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I love how people complained about WoT being p2w and all the new OP tanks/premiums and then whine on the forums just as badly when a new premium isn't as p2w as they hoped it would be.

^^^^^^^^^^^

butsubutsu #224 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19175 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 14 January 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

I am not certain that is the reason people complain, at least not all or maybe even not the majority. As I said before, I can only speak for myself and I care more about the entertainment value of a tank than how op it is. But it is in the human nature to want a good product when one pays a lot of money for it. 

But I trust Snorelacks and others in that the Defender may still be a good and fun tank despite the nerfs, I just feel the broad and toxic comments about people with different opinions to be very bad for the forum in general. There really is no need for name calling or anything similar, just accept that others have different opinions. 

And I may be blind but I have not seen many saying “[edited], the Defender will not be op so now I will not buy it”. Personally I had no idea about how op it apparently was/is on PC so all those nerfs scared me, now when some of the forum members that I consider intelligent and trustworthy have explained to me that the tank will most probably still be ok or even good despite the nerfs then that is what I will believe.

I think all of us, including me here on the forum would benefit if we tried to read what others have written using our “kinder glasses”. 

Rarefication #225 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:33 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16112 battles

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 14 January 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Very ture. 

DecoNoir #226 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35346 battles

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 14 January 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Some of the same people saying they hoping the Defender would never come to console now saying they'll never buy it because <gasp> WG actually did what they're supposed to do and balanced a tank. The irony is not lost.

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

USSWISCONSIN94 #227 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 7408 battles
  • [47R]

View PostDecoNoir, on 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Some of the same people saying they hoping the Defender would never come to console now saying they'll never buy it because  WG actually did what they're supposed to do and balanced a tank. The irony is not lost.

Didn't balance it. But it's a start. I think.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

HolyFetusChrist #228 Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11139 battles
  • [-NL-]

View Postbutsubutsu, on 14 January 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

I am not certain that is the reason people complain, at least not all or maybe even not the majority. As I said before, I can only speak for myself and I care more about the entertainment value of a tank than how op it is. But it is in the human nature to want a good product when one pays a lot of money for it. 

But I trust Snorelacks and others in that the Defender may still be a good and fun tank despite the nerfs, I just feel the broad and toxic comments about people with different opinions to be very bad for the forum in general. There really is no need for name calling or anything similar, just accept that others have different opinions. 

And I may be blind but I have not seen many saying “[edited], the Defender will not be op so now I will not buy it”. Personally I had no idea about how op it apparently was/is on PC so all those nerfs scared me, now when some of the forum members that I consider intelligent and trustworthy have explained to me that the tank will most probably still be ok or even good despite the nerfs then that is what I will believe.

I think all of us, including me here on the forum would benefit if we tried to read what others have written using our “kinder glasses”. 

First off, never called anyone anything on this post. Merely stated what I'm seeing. Secondly, much like the T110E3 WG nerfed the wrong part of the tank. They needed to focus on the armor not the gun, but that's besides the point. Now, I get that not everyone has watched videos or heard about the outcry on PC so I would recommend looking up some reviews by PC players and you'll see what everyone is talking about (I can link some if you'd like). I also get that the better tanks are the more 'fun' they'll be. However, there's a massive caveat being as long as you're not on the receiving end. I'm sure this tank will be a blast when no 6 or 7 can pen you. But, what if you're in that 6 or 7? Now you're just [edited]ed. There is also a massive difference between having fun in a blatantly OP p2w premium and keeping this game running on more than just wallet warriors. More than anything what I want out of this game is healthy longevity. That can't be achieved if they make the same mistakes PC did and go down the exact same road of p2w premiums like PC has (PC seems to have since tried to correct this, but now actually balanced premiums are a waste of money because of the other premiums they have to go up against). 

Had to start over. Old account was HappeningShrimp: 3153 WN8, 26 tanks with 3 MoE

3 Marks Of Excellence

Tier 10: XM551 Sheridan, AMX 13 105, TVP T 50/51, T110E5, Obj 140, Object 430, Bat-Chat 25t, AMX 30 B, Grille 15, Waf. auf E 100 Tier 9: M103, M46 Patton Tier 8: Primo Victoria, Stark Strv S1, Hollenhund, Obj 416, T32, STA-2, AMX 13 90, M51 Super Sherman, Pershing, Panther 88, Fatherland, T34. Tier 7:  Adler VK45.03, T29, T20. Tier 6: Strv m/42-57, M4A3E2, Rudy. Tier 5: Churchill lll, M4

II NO x VICE II #229 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24116 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 14 January 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 14 January 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Well said ... and you articulate well. I do not think Holy was specifically including you in that bunch. He is likely referring to others who are acting like their (w3t) dreams have been shattered since they were expecting the exact same PC stats or close to it. 

Also remember that WG could buff the tank if it suited the sales better after launch. Nerfing it after launch likely hits their sales harder.

II NO x VICE II #230 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24116 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 14 January 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

I will get the Defender, Patriot bundle from my wife as a birthday gift. I nagged her enough until she caved. Now of course she has the upper hand and next time she wants to buy something/anything, I cannot say no. 

This got me a chuckle ... +1 and thanks for sharing :teethhappy:

Edited by II NO x VICE II, 15 January 2018 - 03:44 PM.

II NO x VICE II #231 Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24116 battles

View PostHolyFetusChrist, on 14 January 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

+1 and very succinctly put !

DutchCupid62 #232 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10466 battles
  • [NLPZR]
I will buy both today.

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

gunsnob #233 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15456 battles
  • [SHAME]
It never ceases to amaze me that all the payers who cry and moan still play this game.  Don’t buy it, buy it... keep complaining though... it’s not tiring at all..

giaka #234 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38319 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostMetalrodent, on 11 January 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

My god people this is the tiniest thing. Your hideously OP vehicle is still hideously OP.

Freaking comical isn't it?

butsubutsu #235 Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19175 battles
  • [APEX2]

View Postgunsnob, on 15 January 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

It never ceases to amaze me that all the payers who cry and moan still play this game.  Don’t buy it, buy it... keep complaining though... it’s not tiring at all..

Some of the complaints from people are more opinions than actual complaints. If all opinions about the forum or the game that anyone would consider false or not the whole truth would be a complaint , then your post is also a form of complaining. And complaining about others complaining is a very interesting thing as by the look of it you have then decided that your opinions are ok but whomever has opinions that deviates from yours should count as complaining...

Yes this forum has a lot of different and strong personalities, to those personalities belongs equally strong and in most cases interesting opinions. At least that is what I think and I am one of those that more or less on a daily basis speaks with people here on the forum that I do not agree with but I still consider most of them cool and intelligent people. 

If I sound salty with you, then I am sorry. I just want everyone to accept that we may all have different opinions about a lot of things but the conversations about said things can still be conducted in a civil manner. I am certain that I have failed being as civilized as I would like to be on too many occasions, but we all should at least try. 

We we can all destroy each other ingame instead! Happy tanking all and I envy all of you as I cannot play the Defender nor the Patriot until Thursday. But then it will be a five days WoT marathon for me! 

R35T NO MORE #236 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12864 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Postbutsubutsu, on 15 January 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

Some of the complaints from people are more opinions than actual complaints. If all opinions about the forum or the game that anyone would consider false or not the whole truth would be a complaint , then your post is also a form of complaining. And complaining about others complaining is a very interesting thing as by the look of it you have then decided that your opinions are ok but whomever has opinions that deviates from yours should count as complaining...

Yes this forum has a lot of different and strong personalities, to those personalities belongs equally strong and in most cases interesting opinions. At least that is what I think and I am one of those that more or less on a daily basis speaks with people here on the forum that I do not agree with but I still consider most of them cool and intelligent people. 

If I sound salty with you, then I am sorry. I just want everyone to accept that we may all have different opinions about a lot of things but the conversations about said things can still be conducted in a civil manner. I am certain that I have failed being as civilized as I would like to be on too many occasions, but we all should at least try. 

We we can all destroy each other ingame instead! Happy tanking all and I envy all of you as I cannot play the Defender nor the Patriot until Thursday. But then it will be a five days WoT marathon for me! 

This is a really good post, +1.

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

My Chieftain review

markyjmeech #237 Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22474 battles
  • [B-W-P]

is this thread still going ? now the tanks released and people should be able to make more of a informed decision about the tank now ? and realize it's still a really good tank and highly capable on the battlefield.

But as per norm the hurt is still going round over it :facepalm: think we should move on guys 

RYQqCke.gif

signature by  METALHELLIONx84

​Member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club 

Pit Friend #238 Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26524 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostThunderChickenX, on 14 January 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Without driving the defender post nerfs it’s impossible to say, but the IS-6 isn’t a bad tank; it just suffers from serious penetration power creep. The IS-6 has good DPM, and armour that’s usable as long as you micromanage it properly. It’s held back mostly by its utterly atrocious penetration (175mm), its gold round (217mm iirc) is even worse than an IS-3’s standard ammunition.

I remember one time I was playing in a fully upgraded IS-3 and there was a guy in an IS-6 on the team that was driving along next to me. He would shoot something with Premium and bounce, I would shoot the same thing in pretty much the same place and damage it. After a couple of these he suddenly came on game chat and started losing his damn mind, yelling about what a piece of crap the IS-6 was, how the game was rigged against him, and the usual rant topics. I got on and tried to explain to him that the IS-3 has a better gun when upgraded but he called me stupid and a liar. The IS-6 couldn’t possibly have a worse gun because it’s a “newer” model, being a 6 rather than a 3. 

I could feel my brain brain cells dying as I listened to this. :facepalm:

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

butsubutsu #239 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19175 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 15 January 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

This is a really good post, +1.

Thank you! And I will say that my fears about the thank being boring seems to have been wrong. I have not personally tried it yet as I am not home, but I have heard a lot of good stuff from people on the forum and it seems it is quite balanced. So definitely a purchase together with the Patriot on Thursday when I come home from this working trip. For the first time since November I will have more than two consecutive days in a row free from work so it will definitely be a lot of tanks played! 

butsubutsu #240 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19175 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostPit Friend, on 15 January 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

I remember one time I was playing in a fully upgraded IS-3 and there was a guy in an IS-6 on the team that was driving along next to me. He would shoot something with Premium and bounce, I would shoot the same thing in pretty much the same place and damage it. After a couple of these he suddenly came on game chat and started losing his damn mind, yelling about what a piece of crap the IS-6 was, how the game was rigged against him, and the usual rant topics. I got on and tried to explain to him that the IS-3 has a better gun when upgraded but he called me stupid and a liar. The IS-6 couldn’t possibly have a worse gun because it’s a “newer” model, being a 6 rather than a 3. 

I could feel my brain brain cells dying as I listened to this. :facepalm:

haha:teethhappy: Then the T29 must be awesome(it is, but not at tier VIII) and eat IS-3 and actually all IS-models with ease. This is one reason I only answer messages from people I know from the forum when I play tanks. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users