162 replies to this topic

Cruiser Abukuma #41 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12470 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 12 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

If you are referring to me, I did not do anything ... :teethhappy:

well it doesnt help that i lack faith in supertest in general after that whole fiasco a few months ago.. not you per say.. just in general lol.. I've seen tanks get overbuffed when they shouldnt have, I've seen tanks get pref mm that never should have gotten it.. And the reasons i've seen from supertesters to try and back up those decisions have been pitiful... 

This defender over nerf is a clear cut case of why premiums need to be tested in the live game.. that way we can get actual stats and performance numbers from the live client which will give us 95% accurate numbers to which we can make changes off of if needed.. You guys testing in team training with barely anyone in a lobby and not even ACTUALLY testing vehicles.. (because it's impossible to see how a vehicle will actually function in the live game by using team training with 6 people), does nothing to help balance.. Again no offense as i know it isnt up to you guys, never was even when i was still in, and it never will be..

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join KMD, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

AconiteD #42 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9442 battles

The armor is still going to be very good, however people buy premiums to make credits. This thing will only make credits if it can actually hit things.

The only way you will actually be able to hit anything is by driving YOLO into the enemy team, which is a really silly thing to do.

Funny that people think accuracy is only an important stat when you are firing at enemies who are a long distance away. Hitting weakspots at short range is still important.

This will be an amazing facehugger, and nothing else.

KaiserVonKrieg #43 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13398 battles
  • [7F]

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 12 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

What do you think of the Alpha of this tank. I have posted that view point already. The shot dispersion is a myth that players lap up - I cannot remember the number times I have been penned by extremely "dispersey" tank guns while moving at full speed. There is already RnG at work that will deny some of my most accurate gun, the tortoise and centurion something as simple as repeat tracking shots. To me it seems like you are taking one aspect that is not even significant on its own enough, and trashing the entire package.

The ROF, pen, alpha of the standard round (not the accuracy) and overall armor (not the profile, but numeric values) are comparable to one of the best Tier 9 heavy: E-75 top package. Do you think the E-75 is a weak tank ? For sake of simplicity, I will not even go into mobility.

(And remember, this is a Tier 8 not a 9, and it also is a premium that should be weaker than Tier 8s, not stronger than all of them).

RNG screws over every tank even the most accurate yes, and lands the most inaccurate guns nutty shots at times.

They just changed an inconsistent .44 to an even more abysmal .47. I just don't see the logic in that.

Alpha is warranted with the abysmal rof of course. Higher alpha lower rof makes sense. 

The armor is good, even after nerfing the lower plate even though we have gold rounds that butter armored tanks anyways.

E75 is a good pub tank, terrible against a competent player, much better heavy tanks out there.

I'm glad they nerfed the tank, it shouldn't be more competitive than a tech tree tank like we see on PC and especially in PC comps.

greenteam117 #44 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15306 battles

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 13 January 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

Incorrect ... E75 top package has similar ROF and with perks and skills it is shade under 13 seconds and pretty darn effective too, at least the good ones that I come across. Part of your statement is misleading.

i was talking about base reload, i know you can drop it, but so can you with any other tank. but based on stats this tank is very not flexible, 

Pros:

Amazing armor for a tier 8

highest AP alpha damage on a tier 8 heavy

Good Pen on par with IS-3

Very Very thick turret on par with most tier 10s

cons:

Long Aim time

.47 accuracy makes it equivalent to some 15cm guns!

15s+ base reload

low top speed compared to other IS tanks (35 compared to 38 and 40)

not very flexible, being very vulnerable in maps that require 100m+ fights (thanks to 3.4 aim time and .47 accuracy)

low base DPM of 1,703

Thin and vulnerable lower side hull armor

Large lower glacis

Low view range

one of the worst tanks to try to fire on the move even if you are at close range unless you are very lucky

Very expensive (14000 base) compared to other premium tanks of same tier (lowe is a great tank and is 12500, that is 1500 cheaper which could be spent on a tier 5 premium instead (not including the garage slots))

so base on how it looks, you give up everything even more than a IS-3A (gives up turret angles+accuracy+aim time+pen for a faster reload compared to IS-3) and a IS-5 (Gives up turret roof armor+accuracy+aim Time+Pen for 10mm thicker and well angled hull armor compared to IS-3)  for higher alpha+20mm extra of well angled hull armor (130mm to 110mm) and a almost impossible to pen turret for everything else.

i think i will stick to my IS-5 and IS-3A thank you very much

Edited by greenteam117, 12 January 2018 - 09:37 PM.

MOST HATED TANK OF ALL TIME GOES TO... IKV103!!!!!!!!                                       jan 8th was my birthday...                                    Do what makes you happy... or die trying.
IKV103     Check tank stats, watch Youtube videos of the tank, compare the tank to other tanks of same tier, then decide if you will buy or pass.

my stats (only one image)/Tanks Lines i Recommend for new Players 1.IS Line 2.KV Line 3.Maus Line 4.Japanese Super Heavy Line 5.US Heavy Line. 

( http://wotinfo.net/e...7678&server=PS4 )  favorite tank(s) are : captured KV-1, champion, Gorynych KV-5, bogatyr, churchill III, Glory is-5, IS-2, Kaiju, Edelweiss, Nameless, e-100, type 5 heavy, T-10, The Hidden, M4A1 Revalorise, Hammer, IS-3, Fatherland, GuP, Lycan, T26E4, Boilermaker,Pz. II J PS, Valentine II, Honor T-28E, ISU-130, WT Auf pz. IV, Lowe (and maybe some other tanks that are not coming to mind) i pretty much like all the tanks that i own (i find it fun to earn premium tanks).

C0LDBLueSt33L #45 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17368 battles
  • [SEAR]
Does anyone know if the patriot got any nerfs?

cowboybebop7DR #46 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22581 battles
  • [-EXP-]
Wow WG you screwed the Pooch this time, not only did you NERF a tank people have been waiting for since it was a announced on pc, but your charging nearly 4k extra gold to loyal players for said nerfed tank and making them thank you for it. Lol good grief 

Edited by cowboybebop7DR, 12 January 2018 - 10:03 PM.

WY Silver Wolf #47 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10666 battles
  • [KMD]
Nerfed to the ground to appease the few who probably weren't going to buy into the tank and charging more then tis worth.. GG WG.. GG. Sir Foch was right on many things

Sgt Becket FEAR #48 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9918 battles
  • [ROSA]

You know what?

I am happy that it was nerfed. Premium tanks should be about training and silver...not puppy stomping.

Tanks like Tiger 131 should have never been a thing.

Bravo WG! Keep those nerfed Premiums coming :great:

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

ThunderChickenX #49 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13487 battles
  • [TRB]
Any changes between PC and console for the Patriot?

"Trying is the first step toward failure." - Homer Simpson

I don't upload much, if ever: www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-MJIN-3uT6m-B3LhHj6

For Those Who Care Spoiler

cowboybebop7DR #50 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22581 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View PostThunderChickenX, on 12 January 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

Any changes between PC and console for the Patriot?

if there is it will hurt sales even more lol 

Sentience #51 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19514 battles
  • [ARROW]

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

If it’s balanced, some will complain it’s yet another generic mediocre tank, with no incentive to buy.

If it overpowered, some people will complain it’s yet another pay to win tank, that creates power creep against tech tree and older premiums.

Let’s give it a week before busting out the pitchforks.

How is my driving? Check it here.

Complaints? Click here.

ThunderChickenX #52 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13487 battles
  • [TRB]

View Postcowboybebop7DR, on 12 January 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

if there is it will hurt sales even more lol 

Eh, I’m not too worried about that, not my problem to worry about their bottom line, there’s worse things causing them long term trouble. I’m more interested in the gameplay aspect. Things can always be buffed, it’s much harder to nerf something that’s already released.The 252 needed the lower plate nerf imo, the gun handling might be a tad too much but it can be changed later if so.

"Trying is the first step toward failure." - Homer Simpson

I don't upload much, if ever: www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-MJIN-3uT6m-B3LhHj6

For Those Who Care Spoiler

demonic14sage #53 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11053 battles
  • [BRTT-]

The fatherland doesn't have that bad accuracy and that tank was the worst tank possible you could point your gun at targets and allways go down 

">Demonic

II NO x VICE II #54 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24090 battles

View Postgreenteam117, on 12 January 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

i was talking about base reload, i know you can drop it, but so can you with any other tank. but based on stats this tank is very not flexible, 

Pros:

Amazing armor for a tier 8

highest AP alpha damage on a tier 8 heavy on par with Tier 9 top heavy tanks

Good Pen on par with IS-3

Very Very thick turret on par with most tier 10s

cons:

Crossed out since it is a premium Tier 8 and it is supposed to be weaker than Tier 8 tech tress not as powerful as Tier IX top heavies.

Long Aim time

.47 accuracy makes it equivalent to some 15cm guns!

15s+ base reload

low top speed compared to other IS tanks (35 compared to 38 and 40)

not very flexible, being very vulnerable in maps that require 100m+ fights (thanks to 3.4 aim time and .47 accuracy)

low base DPM of 1,703

Thin and vulnerable lower side hull armor

Large lower glacis

Low view range

one of the worst tanks to try to fire on the move even if you are at close range unless you are very lucky

Very expensive (14000 base) compared to other premium tanks of same tier (lowe is a great tank and is 12500, that is 1500 cheaper which could be spent on a tier 5 premium instead (not including the garage slots))

so base on how it looks, you give up everything even more than a IS-3A (gives up turret angles+accuracy+aim time+pen for a faster reload compared to IS-3) and a IS-5 (Gives up turret roof armor+accuracy+aim Time+Pen for 10mm thicker and well angled hull armor compared to IS-3)  for higher alpha+20mm extra of well angled hull armor (130mm to 110mm) and a almost impossible to pen turret for everything else.

i think i will stick to my IS-5 and IS-3A thank you very much

Made some suggested fixes to your post.

Your comparison with an IS-3A is illogical and has absolutely no in game dynamics' basis. For that matter, I would rather compare it as a nerfed IS-7 - approach the comparison from the other side. The IS3A is actually more expensive and a far worse tank, on paper at least, than the defender.

I will not be buying it, but if I had money to spare, I would buy both the tanks.

Tight_Fade9 #55 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2425 battles
  • [ARROW]

View PostTheShafft, on 12 January 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Prem tanks should be weaker than tech tree tanks anyway. Here’s to hoping that the accuracy nerf causes people to use the tank appropriately but you know there will still be plebs that try to use it as a sniper. I’m glad to see the nerfs. OP prems should not exist.

Here we go with this again....

II NO x VICE II #56 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24090 battles

View PostTight_Fade9, on 12 January 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Here we go with this again....

Ditto ...

II NO x VICE II #57 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24090 battles

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 12 January 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

well it doesnt help that i lack faith in supertest in general after that whole fiasco a few months ago.. not you per say.. just in general lol.. I've seen tanks get overbuffed when they shouldnt have, I've seen tanks get pref mm that never should have gotten it.. And the reasons i've seen from supertesters to try and back up those decisions have been pitiful... 

This defender over nerf is a clear cut case of why premiums need to be tested in the live game.. that way we can get actual stats and performance numbers from the live client which will give us 95% accurate numbers to which we can make changes off of if needed.. You guys testing in team training with barely anyone in a lobby and not even ACTUALLY testing vehicles.. (because it's impossible to see how a vehicle will actually function in the live game by using team training with 6 people), does nothing to help balance.. Again no offense as i know it isnt up to you guys, never was even when i was still in, and it never will be..

Your points are well taken. I completely disagree with the "over" part. Let's wait for the matches to begin. And the ones that use it for sniping or protecting Artillery don't count.

Cyrex005 #58 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8625 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 January 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

We understand that a lot of players have been using PC sources and videos to judge the upcoming tank, Object 252U Defender. We want you to know that the version that exist on PC is not the same version that is coming to Console. Based on Internal and Supertest balance testing, the following is a list of differences between the PC version and the Console version of this tank. We hope this clears up the speculation and look forward to your feedback once the tank goes Live!

These changes still preserve the tanks near impenetrable upper hull armor making it an excellent front line tank to get up close and personal with the enemy to deliver its 440 damage payload. 

Console specific changes:

• Lower front hull armor: 140mm -> 130mm
  • RoF: 4.0 -> 3.87
  • Chassis rotation: 30 -> 28
  • Shot dispersion: 0.44 -> 0.47
  • After shot dispersion: 3 -> 4
  • Aim time: 3.2 -> 3.4

Tank Characteristics:

• Matchmaking: Plays up to Tier 10
  • 50% Silver Bonus Earn
  • 10% XP Bonus
  • Hit Points: 1500
  • Engine Power: 700 hp
  • Power/Weight Ratio: 13.59 hp/ton
  • Speed Limit: 35 km/h
  • Hull Traverse Speed: 28 deg/sec
  • Hull Armor: 130/100/90
  • Turret Armor: 250/150/100
  • Turret Traverse Speed: 24 deg/sec
  • Penetration: 225/265/68
  • Damage: 440/440/530
  • Aim Time: 3.4 sec
  • Accuracy: 0.47
  • Gun Caliber: 122 mm
  • Rate of Fire: 3.87 rounds/min
  • Max Ammo Capacity: 30 rounds
  • View Range: 350 m
  • Signal Range: 730 m

If possible, can we get the full stats of the T26E5 Patriot please?

Cyrex005 #59 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8625 battles
  • [BNKR]
As it stands anything running a 90mm will pen the lfp with premium rounds as it is now 202.24mm effective. So most tier VI mediums, Heavys, and TDs will be able to pen it from the front. As for the most part they all have a premium with over 203mm of pen. So Hellcats have fun with the 90mm and APCR rounds.

MaxChaos24 #60 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11031 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostC0LDBLueSt33L, on 12 January 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Does anyone know if the patriot got any nerfs?

No changes were made for that tank. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users