Would you be willing to pay for a Ultimate Edition of WoT in order to increase content?

content expanding paying free tanks wot console

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Sgt Becket FEAR #21 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostPapax 2112, on 12 January 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

​Uhh, Let me break this to you gently . NO......:teethhappy: 

My dreams have been shattered :arta:

Rosa just wants to be stupidly OP  :(

I mean it is not like she can out DPM almost everything she faces or can eat the Reds' sandwich while they cry because she is making them watch...

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

UnceasingFour51 #22 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 34373 battles

View PostPapax 2112, on 12 January 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

​I would pay 9 99 for a  " Map Pack " expansion today . The lawyers could twist that around the Free to play limitation any way they wanted .....

I did talk to some people I still know in the industry and ask about expansion packs, and I am being told that this is a bit of a gray area. As for allowing them to expand content. It still seems to boil down to the original placement in the game category of being free to play. 

redshadowrider #23 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32378 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 12 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Would it come with a free T14?

Bite your tongue.  :trollface:

Would buying it it increase my trust in WG?  I think not, so no.

I'm just saying.....

Papax 2112 #24 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 49575 battles
  • [BNKR]
Like I said legalese . They'll just have to spin it .....or not , as it becomes more and more apparent that WG could care less .....

xlch69 #25 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10558 battles
  • [RATT]
I would be interested in it, but I would expect some major changes to certain charges currently used in game to support it, such as the massive price for higher tier premium tanks and the elimination of premium time.

UnceasingFour51 #26 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• 34373 battles

View Postxlch69, on 12 January 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

I would be interested in it, but I would expect some major changes to certain charges currently used in game to support it, such as the massive price for higher tier premium tanks and the elimination of premium time.

Good point about premium time.   But other games charge to play even after purchasing the game, season passes? So good point.

butsubutsu #27 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 12 January 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Free to doubt what you will. But I know what I know.

And what you know conflicts some other sources, so please spill it! Tell us how you have come by this knowledge and you may come across as a little more trustworthy than someone that just spreads rumors. 

IBROX 04 #28 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18109 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postxlch69, on 12 January 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

My premium runs out sometime in 2019 well closer to 2020. Probably be 2020 by this summer. ​elimination of premium time?  

Aaron William Murray                    Forever in our hearts

HailofSteel #29 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18398 battles
The problem with adding extra content is you end up fragmenting the playerbase into the haves and have-nots. Matchmaking will take longer, especially for those with the premium content, which would of course be the exclusive maps no one else has.

UnceasingFour51 #30 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• 34373 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 12 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

And what you know conflicts some other sources, so please spill it! Tell us how you have come by this knowledge and you may come across as a little more trustworthy than someone that just spreads rumors. 

Well my personal life is just that, personal. I am not interviewing for a job here. Just posting a question on a forum. So once again trust/don't trust it matters not to me. I do however appreciate your response to this matter. Am just trying to gauge how people would feel about this in general.

butsubutsu #31 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 12 January 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Well my personal life is just that, personal. I am not interviewing for a job here. Just posting a question on a forum. So once again trust/don't trust it matters not to me. I do however appreciate your response to this matter. Am just trying to gauge how people would feel about this in general.

The reason I am asking is that one of my irl friends is working for MS and other companies regarding secure payment transfers and such. He is a programmer and of course not involved in the dealings with WG, but he has come to know people within the MS gaming industry and I am ashamed to say also some people that works for Bioware that was directly involved in Mass Effect Andromeda... 

In any case, none of those people within MS had heard about this 50gb limit, that is why I have been and still am skeptical to such a limits existence. I do not want to go as far as calling you a liar, but I am sure you understands my skepticism since this is a forum on the internet and I have not had much communication with you.

So I am not trying to insult you but I am a natural born skeptic. 

If such a limit does exist, I would only pay if I would keep all my premium tanks. I would never ever pay thousands of € on the same game to get the same content again. 

Metalrodent #32 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10186 battles
  • [KMD]
Already spent well more than £50 on this game, shouldn't have to pay extra because WG are too cheap to pay the upgrade fee :P

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/sCeAbYa.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...sCeAbYa.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...bYa.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/s.../a></a></a></a></a>

There’s a mask upon my face
I can’t live without
So you won’t recognize me
When I am in the crowd

butsubutsu #33 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View Postralfybaby62, on 12 January 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

No. I spent a lot more on this game than my kid did on his COD WWII with the pre-paid add ons. Enough is enough. I'll deal. For every Garbage Capital I get now there is a Sacred Valley that I don't get. 

+1 I feel more or less exactly the same to say the truth. 

UnceasingFour51 #34 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• 34373 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 12 January 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

The reason I am asking is that one of my irl friends is working for MS and other companies regarding secure payment transfers and such. He is a programmer and of course not involved in the dealings with WG, but he has come to know people within the MS gaming industry and I am ashamed to say also some people that works for Bioware that was directly involved in Mass Effect Andromeda... 

In any case, none of those people within MS had heard about this 50gb limit, that is why I have been and still am skeptical to such a limits existence. I do not want to go as far as calling you a liar, but I am sure you understands my skepticism since this is a forum on the internet and I have not had much communication with you.

So I am not trying to insult you but I am a natural born skeptic. 

If such a limit does exist, I would only pay if I would keep all my premium tanks. I would never ever pay thousands of € on the same game to get the same content again. 

I do understand your skepticism of people posting in forums as I am as well. The 50gig limit is real and I only know this from the company I am working for now also does free to play games for consoles. and the teams are restricted to content based upon these limits being imposed by the partners (MS, SONY). And yes while the company is small and I am but a even smaller bit of it, I am still under a NDS about my work or my employer. Sorry.  But really it is nothing to brag about anyways. Again thanks for commenting on this thread. I really am curious how people feel about this.

UnceasingFour51 #35 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• 34373 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 12 January 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

I do understand your skepticism of people posting in forums as I am as well. The 50gig limit is real and I only know this from the company I am working for now also does free to play games for consoles. and the teams are restricted to content based upon these limits being imposed by the partners (MS, SONY). And yes while the company is small and I am but a even smaller bit of it, I am still under a NDS about my work or my employer. Sorry.  But really it is nothing to brag about anyways. Again thanks for commenting on this thread. I really am curious how people feel about this.

*SORRY   NDA.  Should have read more closely before posting.*

butsubutsu #36 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 12 January 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Ok, thanks! I understand and respects NDS, I have been working under such contracts myself but not regarding anything with computers or related stuff. I did some research for the European Union as a “Consultant” many years ago and we where not allowed to say anything, and the things we did was not even exciting in the slightest. 

KilroyWasHere17 #37 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12695 battles
Yeah how about no. Maybe charge a smaller amount and give players their choice of free premium tank so you aren't actually wasting any money. And the fact that you even mention the possibility of having to start over as a way to implement this is funny. The game would die instantly.

GUSTO 24 7 #38 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47008 battles
  • [4TH]
No

Damn the torpedoes.........full speed ahead!

TocFanKe4 #39 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18697 battles
  • [GIRLS]
They should probably give me any ultimate edition for free with how much I've spent on this game

Till the Servers fall apart and burn

GEToff MyLawn52 #40 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21240 battles
NO.

Also tagged with content, expanding, paying, free, tanks, wot, console

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users