Well done WG.

Thread.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

DecoNoir #61 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37072 battles
Now if they can just extend that treatment to other tanks that deserve it, like Tiger 131. I guess it's just WG Chicago-Baltimore tanks that get to be hilariously OP? Can't have them evil PC tanks competing now :teethhappy:

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

VerJager #62 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18123 battles
Well done WG!  I hope we can see more balanced premium tanks in the future and move away from game breaking tanks.

Cruiser Abukuma #63 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14018 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Wait, agreeing with WG for nerfing a tank that we, as a community, agreed should be nerfed, makes me a yes-man?

Do you actually read what you post, or do you immediately regurgitate the first thing that pops into your atrophied head?

No, I'm still in ST because I don't argue with everyone if they disagree with me in the slightest, with all of the coherence of Ozzy Osborne in the 70's.

You didn't even provide a counterargument. Straight onto the attacks.

No, I think they do.

Most Object 252Us will be driven by someone who probably needs a map to use a toilet, so any well-driven tier VI and VII would be able to get by.

It's not ideal, but we'll have to see on the 15th.

pot meet kettle.. you did that exact thing everytime you disagreed with something i said..

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

Cannon x Fodder #64 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12399 battles

View PostBrick S0lid, on 12 January 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

Good that it was needed but I don't really agree with how they nerfed it in several different ways. All that was needed was an armor nerf and the traverse nerf, dpm was already trash and now it's pathetic. I will say it's incredibly I suiting to charge more for a nerfed tank too.

DPM was trash?  It had better DPM than several tier 8 TT tanks, and the best armor of any tier 8.  Why would you complain when they brought it's DPM in line with it's armor?

MrTrollPacMan #65 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16096 battles
It still has very solid armor, and if it's brawling like it should be the gun nerfs won't matter

Its much closer to balanced now IMO

butsubutsu #66 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostMrTrollPacMan, on 13 January 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

It still has very solid armor, and if it's brawling like it should be the gun nerfs won't matter

Its much closer to balanced now IMO

I hope you are right and I and many with me are wrong :). I do not want an op tank, I want a fun tank that is good since it cost quite a lot of money. 

MrTrollPacMan #67 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16096 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

I hope you are right and I and many with me are wrong :). I do not want an op tank, I want a fun tank that is good since it cost quite a lot of money. 

Worst case, if it comes out and is just straight trash they can buff it.

I'd rather it come out needing a buff than a nerf, considering how WG doesn't typically nerf premiums

butsubutsu #68 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostMrTrollPacMan, on 13 January 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Worst case, if it comes out and is just straight trash they can buff it.

I'd rather it come out needing a buff than a nerf, considering how WG doesn't typically nerf premiums

The thing is that if it is trash, it will not be buffed until the “yearly buff roulette” that WG uses. I guess all of this would have been solved if the tanks could have been tested by the Super Testers on a live server or such...

And they never buffed the Nameless gun depression, it is sorely in need of it and they can nerf something else on it instead. 

Joco3000 #69 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24917 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 13 January 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

pot meet kettle.. you did that exact thing everytime you disagreed with something i said..

I countered your arguments and insulted, if I decided to do the latter.

You rarely countered, and instead brought the conversation down to a level resembling porcine dwellings.

It's not nice behaviour, and it makes it so that people rarely take you seriously. Especially when your posts are so poorly formatted.

Seriously, some punctuation would go a long way.

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

The thing is that if it is trash, it will not be buffed until the “yearly buff roulette” that WG uses. I guess all of this would have been solved if the tanks could have been tested by the Super Testers on a live server or such...

You have no idea how much I'd like that.

Not to keep the tank or anything. The tank should be removed from the account after a set period, and the stats wiped.

There will be a few controversies, but seeing how much of an issue arises when anything happens, it should be fine.

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

And they never buffed the Nameless gun depression, it is sorely in need of it and they can nerf something else on it instead. 

Is it though?

It has five degrees, no? The Chinese vehicles have that much, and they work just fine.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Cruiser Abukuma #70 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14018 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

You rarely countered, and instead brought the conversation down to a level resembling porcine dwellings.

It's not nice behaviour, and it makes it so that people rarely take you seriously. Especially when your posts are so poorly formatted.

you insulted me more than you tried to counter the arguments i provided to you... you seemed to ignore everything i said due to a personal bias you have of me

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

butsubutsu #71 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

You have no idea how much I'd like that.

Not to keep the tank or anything. The tank should be removed from the account after a set period, and the stats wiped.

There will be a few controversies, but seeing how much of an issue arises when anything happens, it should be fine.

Is it though?

It has five degrees, no? The Chinese vehicles have that much, and they work just fine.

The problem with the Nameless Joco, as I see it at least is that it is a very tall tank with a very tall turret. The Chinese tanks are more or less flatt so they are still way easier to endure the bad gun depression with. The Nameless is way more impacted by the same stats. Do you see what I mean ? Of all the players on this forum you are probably the one that I trust most when it comes to tank facts and such, so I am sure that you can see why the Chinese tanks works despite the poor gun depression and why the Nameless does not. 

pr0fit0fcanabis #72 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40296 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Wait, agreeing with WG for nerfing a tank that we, as a community, agreed should be nerfed, makes me a yes-man?

Do you actually read what you post, or do you immediately regurgitate the first thing that pops into your atrophied head?

Why yes of course.  If Wargaming agrees with the community then they MUST be trying to trick us and we should immediately change our position to disagree with them.  Is that understandable? 

Joco3000 #73 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24917 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 13 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

you insulted me more than you tried to counter the arguments i provided to you... you seemed to ignore everything i said due to a personal bias you have of me

In regards to this particular thread, you have provided no counterarguments.

Zero.

You raised a point, I countered, and you went straight for the insults. It is a trend I have seen many times over, and not just in posts involving me.

I may have a personal bias against you (and you most certainly have one against me), but I always start off civil. If I have a disagreement with someone, I want to keep it within that thread only.

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

The problem with the Nameless Joco, as I see it at least is that it is a very tall tank with a very tall turret. The Chinese tanks are more or less flatt so they are still way easier to endure the bad gun depression with. The Nameless is way more impacted by the same stats. Do you see what I mean ? Of all the players on this forum you are probably the one that I trust most when it comes to tank facts and such, so I am sure that you can see why the Chinese tanks works despite the poor gun depression and why the Nameless does not. 

The turret of the Nameless isn't actually all that tall (and it's fairly low down), and although the hull is tall, it's shorter than a Tiger II, going from memory.

The armour of the tank does make up for the poor gun depression, as does the mobility. Increasing that gun depression is not something that I'd like to do without lowering the mobility, and we simply cannot do that, as premium tanks cannot get nerfed (hence the whole nerfing of premiums before release).

Besides, with the current map selection, gun depression is not as much of an issue. 

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Snorelacks #74 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24177 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

The Nameless is the 6th best performing T8 heavy tank for W/R, the 8th best for average damage and the 4th best for WN8. I think it's doing just fine with 5 degrees of gun depression.

butsubutsu #75 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostSnorelacks, on 13 January 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

The Nameless is the 6th best performing T8 heavy tank for W/R, the 8th best for average damage and the 4th best for WN8. I think it's doing just fine with 5 degrees of gun depression.

Well, I am just a potato and do not use the Nameless that often because I can only hit birds with it. But I more or less never sees it being played by other either. But statistics and arithmetics do not lie so I guess unicums must be op in it. 

butsubutsu #76 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Zero.

You raised a point, I countered, and you went straight for the insults. It is a trend I have seen many times over, and not just in posts involving me.

I may have a personal bias against you (and you most certainly have one against me), but I always start off civil. If I have a disagreement with someone, I want to keep it within that thread only.

The turret of the Nameless isn't actually all that tall (and it's fairly low down), and although the hull is tall, it's shorter than a Tiger II, going from memory.

The armour of the tank does make up for the poor gun depression, as does the mobility. Increasing that gun depression is not something that I'd like to do without lowering the mobility, and we simply cannot do that, as premium tanks cannot get nerfed (hence the whole nerfing of premiums before release).

Besides, with the current map selection, gun depression is not as much of an issue. 

I do not agree with you regarding the gun depression, so we have to agree to disagree. :)

Snorelacks #77 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24177 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well, I am just a potato and do not use the Nameless that often because I can only hit birds with it. But I more or less never sees it being played by other either. But statistics and arithmetics do not lie so I guess unicums must be op in it.

I'm not slinging arrows at you, but all too often we allow perception to be reality regarding actual performance. I enjoy the Nameless even though I prefer to play other tanks. Regarding actual performance, I would not be surprised at all to see the Defender at the top of the list for performing tanks even though the forum is alive with those fussing over what I feel will be insignificant nerfs.

pr0fit0fcanabis #78 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40296 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 13 January 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Since by definition unicums are 1% or less of the player pop, they do not have much impact on those stats.  There are just not enough of them.  

Pit Friend #79 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30079 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Is it though?

The difference between Chinese vehicles and the Nameless is that the Chinese ones are much shorter, between half and three quarters the height of the Nameless. That makes having poor gun depression less of a problem as they can at least shoot at other tanks on their own level without a problem. The Nameless struggles to shoot smaller tanks that get close to it and it has less chance of shooting into the lower plates of nearby tanks because of its height.  

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

Cruiser Abukuma #80 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14018 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostJoco3000, on 13 January 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Zero.

i did not go straight to insults at all as i did no such thing. You failed to provide an argument as you non constructively tried to dissipate my argument by posting nonsense

Also tagged with Thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users