Hacking Cheating

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Buster CORE 1x #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12750 battles
  • [BNKR-]

I know WG does do a good job of not having hacking or cheating going on. 

But I came across this today! 

http://www.pcgamer.c...-over-cheating/

I don't understand why this is such a problem meow!?

But again I haven't played CoD since the last one on 360. All Cod's on 360 where hacked religiously! And others... 

So do they or other first person shooters still having these problems still? What other games are prone to hacking? 

Is PC games more venerable than consoles or tablets? 

Edited by CORE 1x, 12 January 2018 - 11:26 PM.

♠ Monster trucking Pz 5/4 ♠  http://xboxdvr.com/g...k/video/5866659

NightOfDeaths #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27126 battles
  • [KMD]

PC games are obviously more prone to be hacked, compared to  console. 

Mobile games are just as easy to hack in, depending on the games server. 

Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

STUART SHERMAN #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 34966 battles
  • [FLT]
Says it has been removed, hmmmmmm.

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

Papax 2112 #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48989 battles
  • [BNKR]
GoW II was terrible . It  got to where all that was left was the hackers and cheaters . Modded controllers , Modded X boxs , Players that could fry your system and boot you offline . I finally left . 

Buster CORE 1x #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12750 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 12 January 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Says it has been removed, hmmmmmm.

http://www.pcgamer.c...-over-cheating/

Fixed it.  Sorry... 

Buster CORE 1x #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12750 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostPapax 2112, on 12 January 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

GoW II was terrible . It  got to where all that was left was the hackers and cheaters . Modded controllers , Modded X boxs , Players that could fry your system and boot you offline . I finally left . 

That sounds like a great game right there.... 

JatemKaa #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55724 battles
At least I say in the little box below that PUBG was now allowing players to report cheaters with the replay system they have. Here at WGCB they make you jump thru hoops to report such cheaters/trolls/afkers, and if you are on 360 and don't have a way to record the replays externally they don't CARE.

Dredd1973 #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7469 battles

My experience is mostly with console games, and with those it depends on what / how many assets are stored server side or console side and whether or not a dedicated server controlled by the developer is used, or if a console in the group of players is used.

Cheating, lag switching, etc. is easiest when most of the assets are stored on a player's console, and when one of the player's consoles in that particular match is used as the host.

If a game uses a dedicated server, where the game is being run by a central server and not one of the consoles in the match, lag switches are rendered useless and only hurt the person trying to use them.

If player assets such as their inventory, stats, etc. are stored server side, and not locally, they can't be modified by the player.

The best example I have is Halo 3. Its matchmaking would match players and then designate one XBox in the match as the host for the game. Many important stats / variables were stored on a player's XBox, not on the server.

So lag switches were very prevalent. In one game I actually saw a player that was able to mod a Covenant plasma turret onto the back of a Warthog.

Most games these days are hard to mod / hack on console.

Order in the Chaos

x1981 Bengals #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:16 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14472 battles
  • [FRAT]

There's cheating in WoT

It's called the Tog :trollface:

Banned from Bunker

Banned from WCL & RSR

Former clan disbanded by WG

3 MoE: TT King Tiger, Tiger, VK30M, T29, T32, 3/4

CyraxPT #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13260 battles

View PostCORE 1x, on 12 January 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

So do they or other first person shooters still having these problems still? What other games are prone to hacking? 

Is PC games more venerable than consoles or tablets?

Starting with the PC question, it's easier to code cheats for PC because it's an open plataform, the same can't be said about consoles, that's why last gen it was plagged with cheaters (and piracy) but this gen they're fewer (if they exist). If the Xbox 1 or PS4 get's hacked to the point that it's easy to mess around and distribute in a global scale, you'll see similar stuff happening over there (although in a minor scale than pc).

Any popular game is prone to hacking, PUBG is an easy target because, well, it's highly popular, but that's not all. If you check the Steam marketplace, the new crates (lootboxes) are being sold for +/-4€ and the other 1.5€. Hell, there's crates or cloths being sold for over 1000€. So what do the cheaters do? Win every game, get a lot of BP (in game money) and purchase those boxes to malke some profit.

You might say "But that money stays on the Steam Wallet, what's the point?". Well, they purchase CS/PUBG/DOTA2/whatever keys with the steam wallet and then sell those keys cheaper to other people willing to paypal them.

So yeah, it's basically a business for some of these cheaters, as for the others, well, they're just like being [edited].

SightlessRogue0 #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12234 battles
  • [DPZS]

View Postx1981 Bengals, on 13 January 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

There's cheating in WoT

It's called the Tog :trollface:

Yet, I have never seen anyone do anything worthwhile with a tog.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Fumbled Time #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11271 battles
  • [STUKS]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 13 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

I have had some great games in the TOG II but it relys heavily  on team support. I agree that a lot of times it lacks luster but when it shines it really shines.

Sohbrikay #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11847 battles

In answer to your question, yes PC is more prone to hacking because more of the games files are stored on an easily accessable media (the HDD) and the moment files are stored locally, there is chance to exploit.

As has been said, if the actual game files AND the in-game assets are stored locally (HDD) then there is even more chance to exploit.

It is then down to server side checks to make sure that game code has not been modified between clients.

With consoles, the manipulation of the game files is much harder to do because the consoles OS is restricted so being altered is harder to achieve.

I know the 360 has been very open for many MANY years so it relies on server side checks to prevent altered game code being injected.

The XBox 1, I don't know if it's been rooted yet but it's just X time before it happens as it's similar to a PC in construct and design.

After many years the PS4 has been rooted and while it's still in it's infancy, if you are lucky enough to own a PS4 still on firmware 1.74 I think it is then you can download and play current titles from internal storage so hacks won't be far off I presume again though, this means more will be put on server side checks.

And for Mobile gaming? pretty much every Android and Apple device can be jailbroken so the chance to hack a game is massive.

I don't own Apple anything but for Andriod, you don't even need it jailbroken, just an additonal APK you run after the game is installed to give unlimited money / items / stuff.

Sobriquet. Sohbrikay, Soh - bri - kay....

Say it with me : Cannon - Fodd - errrrr

Buster CORE 1x #14 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12750 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostCyraxPT, on 13 January 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Starting with the PC question, it's easier to code cheats for PC because it's an open plataform, the same can't be said about consoles, that's why last gen it was plagged with cheaters (and piracy) but this gen they're fewer (if they exist). If the Xbox 1 or PS4 get's hacked to the point that it's easy to mess around and distribute in a global scale, you'll see similar stuff happening over there (although in a minor scale than pc).

Any popular game is prone to hacking, PUBG is an easy target because, well, it's highly popular, but that's not all. If you check the Steam marketplace, the new crates (lootboxes) are being sold for +/-4€ and the other 1.5€. Hell, there's crates or cloths being sold for over 1000€. So what do the cheaters do? Win every game, get a lot of BP (in game money) and purchase those boxes to malke some profit.

You might say "But that money stays on the Steam Wallet, what's the point?". Well, they purchase CS/PUBG/DOTA2/whatever keys with the steam wallet and then sell those keys cheaper to other people willing to paypal them.

So yeah, it's basically a business for some of these cheaters, as for the others, well, they're just like being [edited].

:great:

Buster CORE 1x #15 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12750 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 13 January 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

:teethhappy:

:facepalm:

Buster CORE 1x #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12750 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostFumbled Time, on 13 January 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

I have had some great games in the TOG II but it relys heavily  on team support. I agree that a lot of times it lacks luster but when it shines it really shines.

Only with a camp net and binoculars did I master mine.... 

If you have a great game which is very few and far between... You will get a huge crew boost. 

Also tagged with Hacking, Cheating

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users