Remove Targeted and Add Last Known Position

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

nocapkillall #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles
Now that targeted doesn't work for arty, which is the only thing it should work for, I believe it does more harm than good. You shouldn't be notified whenever someone is aiming at you; it narrows the skill gap unnecessarily. You should have to adjust your view to see where the enemies are aiming. I would gladly trade this feature for the last known position spotted to be marked on the map.

situational awareness + positioning = wot

a thread that will make you better at the game

Proflex08 #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14112 battles
  • [PAC]
Finally, someone who gets it. Spotted should have been enough warning that you are about to get shot. 

Need help? Try Wot help. By players for players. 

http://forum-console...estions-thread/

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

Sgt Becket FEAR #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]
Good thing about being in a Tiger is knowing that, once you are spotted, everyone is aiming at you to get that juicy XP :P

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

KaiserVonKrieg #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14067 battles
  • [-NS-]

nah, I want my memory and awareness to be rewarded.

Just another crutch for scrubs. :trollface:

SteampunkPagan #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 81869 battles
  • [HDC]
Not a fan of that mod it is so much screen & map clutter and rewards players who do not pay attention to map during the game.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

nocapkillall #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostKaiserVonKrieg, on 12 January 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

nah, I want my memory and awareness to be rewarded.

Just another crutch for scrubs. :trollface:

Trading one crutch for another. At least you can use your last known position to outplay scrubs who think they know where you are. There aren't many, if any, effective ways to use targeted against your enemies, it's just a free perk/crutch.

nocapkillall #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles
What I really want is for this game to be as close as it can be to PC WoT. Targeted is a worse crutch, in my opinion.

nocapkillall #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles
If they made it so targeted only went off when arty was aiming at you, I'd be all for it.

nocapkillall #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 12 January 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Good thing about being in a Tiger is knowing that, once you are spotted, everyone is aiming at you to get that juicy XP :P

Very true.

nocapkillall #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostProflex08, on 12 January 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Finally, someone who gets it. Spotted should have been enough warning that you are about to get shot. 

Right, no need for it at all.

nocapkillall #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 12 January 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Not a fan of that mod it is so much screen & map clutter and rewards players who do not pay attention to map during the game.

It definitely narrows the skill gap more than it broadens it, but at least you can use it against your enemies. It lets you kind of know what they're thinking because you know the info they're going off, and you can use that to outplay them. Screen and map clutter aren't a concern for me; I want a bigger minimap and a little marker for each tank is no problem.

Pit Friend #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29356 battles
  • [PTATO]
So how does the game telling you the last place a tank was spotted somehow make the game more skillful? 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

Tempest fox3 #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18284 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 13 January 2018 - 04:01 AM, said:

​It hasn't been a mod for some time, PC has it as part of the standard UI. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles

With targeted removed, peaking over ridges is going to land a lot of punishment on players. Certainly going to get your hull down technique figured out quicker. :great:

I hope they do at least add an option to make the mini map bigger for players.

Last known positon (lkp) is 50/50 for me. I don't think it matters either way. Another tool of deception is always good to utilize, though.

Also, its time to change the American commander(s) voice to the newer PC one.

I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

nocapkillall #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 13 January 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

So how does the game telling you the last place a tank was spotted somehow make the game more skillful? 

I didn't say it did.

nocapkillall #16 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 13 January 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

With targeted removed, peaking over ridges is going to land a lot of punishment on players. Certainly going to get your hull down technique figured out quicker. :great:

I hope they do at least add an option to make the mini map bigger for players.

Last known positon (lkp) is 50/50 for me. I don't think it matters either way. Another tool of deception is always good to utilize, though.

Also, its time to change the American commander(s) voice to the newer PC one.

I agree. I do prefer the PC crew voice to ours.

Corporal Derpy #17 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [KMD]

I'm not one entirely for or against Detected/Targeted, it seemed a bit of an odd thing to have but Sixth Sense was more reliable as a whole, and while Targeted is now much more reliable and you can play with only that to do well, SS is still worthwhile as the important information of knowing when you actually are spotted/unspotted is not there without it, it's a bit easier to go through a new nation with a new crew trying to train them up without having it be torturous because you don't have SS on them.

And at this point you've had this sort of thing in the game for so long that you'd have a lot of repercussions from removing it, you can do without it, I can as well but a lot of the playerbase wont be able to not to mention they'll get into quite a hissy fit about the removal.

On the other hand, I'm all for the Last Known Position, because I'm very much a player who spends a large amount of the majority of battles 'guessing', where is this tank going to show up, what was that Heavy over there that is outside my render range, has this tank actually been spotted all game and that sort of thing. So more information being provided to me is a good thing in that regard.

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

'Don't give me that look, this is Teamwork! I'm the team, you're the work. Now get to it, trooper!'

nocapkillall #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 13 January 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

I'm not one entirely for or against Detected/Targeted, it seemed a bit of an odd thing to have but Sixth Sense was more reliable as a whole, and while Targeted is now much more reliable and you can play with only that to do well, SS is still worthwhile as the important information of knowing when you actually are spotted/unspotted is not there without it, it's a bit easier to go through a new nation with a new crew trying to train them up without having it be torturous because you don't have SS on them.

And at this point you've had this sort of thing in the game for so long that you'd have a lot of repercussions from removing it, you can do without it, I can as well but a lot of the playerbase wont be able to not to mention they'll get into quite a hissy fit about the removal.

On the other hand, I'm all for the Last Known Position, because I'm very much a player who spends a large amount of the majority of battles 'guessing', where is this tank going to show up, what was that Heavy over there that is outside my render range, has this tank actually been spotted all game and that sort of thing. So more information being provided to me is a good thing in that regard.

The last thing I want is for both of these features to be in the game. Detected/targeted was always a mistake and they should have had a little more respect for console players and kept this game true to PC. I wouldn't mind if they went back to how detected used to work, but this new targeted is terrible because it tells players instantly when they're being looked at and it doesn't work for arty. They took a feature's only redeeming quality: arty notifications, and turned it into something that more excessively narrows the skill gap. Console WoT is a watered-down version, and it's getting worse.

oboeslayer #19 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16797 battles
  • [JK]
They need to make it entirely like PC. There should be no detected and SS should work the way it does on PC.

"Evil is relatively rare. Ignorance is epidemic." - Jon Stewart

x1981 Bengals #20 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14800 battles
  • [FRAT]

View Postoboeslayer, on 13 January 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

They need to make it entirely like PC. There should be no detected and SS should work the way it does on PC.

They should only have historically accurate perks :trollface:

Banned from Bunker

Banned from WCL & RSR

Former clan disbanded by WG

3 MoE: TT King Tiger, Tiger, VK30M, T29, T32, 3/4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users