Act With Your Wallet, Speak With Your Voice

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

aGundamDownHere #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

So, rather than beat the dead horse until it's even deader, I'm instead going to advise people to do things a little differently. When we get situations like the mega-bundles and overpriced everything, people say "Speak with your wallet." Well, while the saying goes that money talks, it doesn't speak very clearly. If there is a drop in sales, WG could interpret it in any number of ways. Did people not buy it because of coincidence? Are they fine with the price but not tank? Etc. etc.

When situations like these arise, act with your wallet either by buying the tanks you like or passing on the tanks you don't, and speak with your voice here on the forums to let WG know why you're spending or not spending your money. I know it's not their intention, but when people tell others to speak with their wallet, they're inadvertently silencing a conversation that would leave WG more informed.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

X1thebeast29X #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13997 battles
  • [AVRG]
There are enough dumb people that are willing to drop $500 on something that this doesn't really matter unfortunately.

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

"Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

Dredd1973 #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7391 battles

I'm currently not playing / spending money until the glitch is fixed that is preventing me from placing custom flags on the tank(s) I want to.

I've been a pretty active "wallet warrior" in the past too, I'm actually surprised how much money I'm saving and able to use for other things since I'm no longer buying gold to pay for premium time, etc.

If another good game comes out before that glitch is fixed they may lose me and my money forever.

Order in the Chaos

YCS-186 #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17927 battles
  • [HJCAD]

View PostaGundamDownHere, on 13 January 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

Well, while the saying goes that money talks, it doesn't speak very clearly. If there is a drop in sales, WG could interpret it in any number of ways. Did people not buy it because of coincidence? Are they fine with the price but not tank? Etc. etc.

Agree 100%, and WG seems to have a gift for misinterpreting the players. That's why these days, whenever I decide not to buy a tank, I'll let WG know that and tell them why I'm not buying it. I'll also try to make the post quick and to the point instead of the long-winded rants I used to write, since I've pretty much said my piece for a long time now regarding their sales practices. Best to just make it quick and move on instead of repeating myself.

My Tank Collection //Last Updated 07/12/2018\\:

Semi-retired from WoT. I'll still come back for earn ops, freebies, and new nations/tanks, but these days I do the majority of my tanking in AW and GuP: DTM.
Premium Tank bucket list: Stark, VK 168.01, Nomad, HMH T-34-85M, and comic tanks. After that, I'm done buying premium tanks unless Console gets new nations, tier IX and/or X premiums, certain licensed/movie/VC tanks, or certain reskins I've requested.

UnoriginalScrub #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4542 battles
  • [DMCLS]
Sadly there will always be people to buy them....instead I suggest a change to these massive bundles(I'm assuming your talking about the 140,000 gold Russian bundle) instead of compensating you gold for what you have how about put a system in place detecting what tanks you have out of that bundle and drop the price of those tank(s)...however on another sad note WG will never listen to the players.

f1mitku #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32230 battles
Actually the Mega Bundle is not the issue. The issue is the price for individual tanks and mainly the new ones. The Mega Bundle just shows the problem more clearly. In the other games averagely one DLC unit (map, gun, etc. you-name-it) costs $5. Here one DLC tank costs $50. It's insane. 

Crash Test Wolf #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19748 battles
I've been speaking with my wallet for a year and a half.  The last premium tank I purchased was in June of year before last.  Then the bundler completely took over and I wasn't able to buy any tank I wanted without buying a few that I didn't want.  Now the prices are absurd.

As you can clearly see, it doesn't seem to be making a bit of difference.  So apparently there's still enough whales out there with more money than sense.
Console: XBox 360, XBox One.     Lines completed: T110E4, T110E5, T57 Heavy, FV215b (183), E50M, E100, IS-7, Object 268, Object 140/T-62A

pepelefrogg #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40405 battles
  • [WOTCS]

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 13 January 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

There are enough dumb people that are willing to drop $500 on something that this doesn't really matter unfortunately.

Dumb people? IDK do buy a little weed now and then ? Dumb. Beer? dumb Doritos or donuts? Dumb. Cigarettes? Very Dumb. Do you have debt? Really really dumb. Just thought I  would sprinkle a little of my own judgementalism in...

BigHundy #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8378 battles
  • [100TH]

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 13 January 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

What's dumb for you may not be dumb for other people.

I spend more on coffee than I do on tanks, yet I buy almost every premium.

Weird.

I will be buying the mega bundle on Monday.

My one account literally has ran out of convertible XP. RAN OUT.

I don't care. It's literally pocket change for me.

So what may appear "dumb" for you, is just a normal daily transaction for me.

Bring back the old chaffee!

El Materdor43 #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26179 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostBigHundy, on 13 January 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Weird.

My wife and I have this conversation a good bit, especially when I’m watching the Mecum Auto Auctions on TV. I see a beautiful 70 Shelby Mustang GT500 for 400-500K and I say, “If I had the money, I would buy that”. She says, “No car is worth that much money”. Then she will see a sculpted doll that’s priced at $500 and she says “I would like to have that”. 

Value is a personal thing. If a person asks my opinion about a price attached to a product/service, I will opine if I have knowledge of it, but never in a “yes, you should buy that” or “No, it’s too much money”. The amount of money that someone chooses to spend is entirely up to them. 

Edit:  Full disclosure 

I won’t be buying the bundle but I won’t belittle anyone who does. It’s their money and their choice 

JatemKaa #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 54641 battles

View PostDamon4846, on 13 January 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

I've been speaking with my wallet for a year and a half. The last premium tank I purchased was in June of year before last. Then the bundler completely took over and I wasn't able to buy any tank I wanted without buying a few that I didn't want. Now the prices are absurd.

As you can clearly see, it doesn't seem to be making a bit of difference. So apparently there's still enough whales out there with more money than sense.

​Pretty much what he said. I too have not spent more than $7 on this game in the past few months, and no more than $20 in the past year and a half.

BigHundy #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8378 battles
  • [100TH]

View PostEl Materdor43, on 13 January 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

My wife and I have this conversation a good bit, especially when I’m watching the Mecum Auto Auctions on TV. I see a beautiful 70 Shelby Mustang GT500 for 400-500K and I say, “If I had the money, I would buy that”. She says, “No car is worth that much money”. Then she will see a sculpted doll that’s priced at $500 and she says “I would like to have that”. 

Value is a personal thing. If a person asks my opinion about a price attached to a product/service, I will opine if I have knowledge of it, but never in a “yes, you should buy that” or “No, it’s too much money”. The amount of money that someone chooses to spend is entirely up to them. 

Edit:  Full disclosure 

I won’t be buying the bundle but I won’t belittle anyone who does. It’s their money and their choice 

Amen!

now if only i could convince the wife I need a 70s muscle car...

caglassc #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39634 battles
  • [TATER]
Pledge not to buy any of these tanks. I don’t see any tanks that they could release at the current pricing scheme that I would buy. Fix the bugs in the game first. Balance the game. First and foremost.

De opresso liber

X1thebeast29X #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13997 battles
  • [AVRG]

View Postpepelefrogg, on 13 January 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

Dumb people? IDK do buy a little weed now and then ? Dumb. Beer? dumb Doritos or donuts? Dumb. Cigarettes? Very Dumb. Do you have debt? Really really dumb. Just thought I  would sprinkle a little of my own judgementalism in...

View PostBigHundy, on 13 January 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

Weird.

When we get situations like the mega-bundles and overpriced everything, people say "Speak with your wallet

As in I don't think WG deserves your money. But like, you said, it's whatever.

Block Quote

"Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

BigHundy #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8378 battles
  • [100TH]

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 13 January 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

When we get situations like the mega-bundles and overpriced everything, people say "Speak with your wallet

Why can't we have different opinions?

There's no reason to call me dumb because I buy tanks.

I have spent let`s rough estimate this, around 2500 dollars on this game in 2 years, over 2 seperate accounts.

Some of which was premium time, premium tanks, free xp, and a plethora of boosts, and recently, gifts to friends and streamers etc.

This is literally less than 1% of my yearly salary.

I want you to sit down and do the math on the things you purchase outside of wot.

It`s going to shock you.

I spend roughly 3,000 dollars a year buying coffee.

The money i spend on wot would otherwise be spent elsewhere. I used to love going to the pubs when I was in my 20s. I went 2-3 times a week in the summer. a few pitchers on the patio with some friends, I can tell you I spent roughly 500-1000 dollars PER MONTH at the pubs during those years. Wot is literally peanuts. And considering the amount of entertainment I have garnered from the money I have spent, it`s good value imo. I could go on with different scenarios but I`m not sure you`d change your mind, and that`s fine. The other night my family and I spent roughly 100 dollars to watch a 2 hour movie. If i spent 100 dollars on 2 tanks that I play for the next 2 years, whats the better value ???

X1thebeast29X #16 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13997 battles
  • [AVRG]

View PostBigHundy, on 13 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Why can't we have different opinions?

There's no reason to call me dumb because I buy tanks.

I have spent let`s rough estimate this, around 2500 dollars on this game in 2 years, over 2 seperate accounts.

Some of which was premium time, premium tanks, free xp, and a plethora of boosts, and recently, gifts to friends and streamers etc.

This is literally less than 1% of my yearly salary.

I want you to sit down and do the math on the things you purchase outside of wot.

It`s going to shock you.

I spend roughly 3,000 dollars a year buying coffee.

The money i spend on wot would otherwise be spent elsewhere. I used to love going to the pubs when I was in my 20s. I went 2-3 times a week in the summer. a few pitchers on the patio with some friends, I can tell you I spent roughly 500-1000 dollars PER MONTH at the pubs during those years. Wot is literally peanuts. And considering the amount of entertainment I have garnered from the money I have spent, it`s good value imo. I could go on with different scenarios but I`m not sure you`d change your mind, and that`s fine. The other night my family and I spent roughly 100 dollars to watch a 2 hour movie. If i spent 100 dollars on 2 tanks that I play for the next 2 years, whats the better value ???

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 13 January 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

:great:

Also no one cares how much you make. "Yes everyone look at me I have a giant [edited] and I make so much money." That's great man, happy for you.

Block Quote

SlavicHammer187 #17 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9532 battles

YES!

I would be dissapointed if the prerequisite "$500 ain't s--t to me" guy didn't come in :)

BigHundy #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8378 battles
  • [100TH]

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 13 January 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

:great:

Also no one cares how much you make. "Yes everyone look at me I have a giant [edited] and I make so much money." That's great man, happy for you.

Well you don't hear me calling you dumb for not buying something.

Just sayin.

SlavicHammer187 #19 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9532 battles

Do what you want who cares , I have like $3k into this game I guess I'm dumb........

A guy at my job grinded to the Hellcat and never put a cent into the game, he just users that. So be like him if you want to vote with your wallet.....

BigHundy #20 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8378 battles
  • [100TH]

View PostSlavicHammer187, on 13 January 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Do what you want who cares , I have like $3k into this game I guess I'm dumb........

A guy at my job grinded to the Hellcat and never put a cent into the game, he just users that. So be like him if you want to vote with your wallet.....

That's the beauty of this game. We can do whatever we want, play however we want.

I have a friend that has over 100 tanks in his garage and hasn't spent a dime.

To each their own.

People with 10,000 games at tier 1 are a bit weird tho lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users