PS4 Frozen Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Hekma3 #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8418 battles
Hello everyone,
I have been away from my PS4 for sometimes didn’t play WoT. A week ago when I started to play I was asked to update which was available anyways I did and since then I’m not able to play. When I open the game a first page comes asks to press X to play, when I press a black screen appears with an WoT icon loading... it goes forever.
I browse the internet for solutions couldn’t find anything but to delete the game an install it again even I did so but still no luck.
Can anyone kindly help me with this problem?

P6X330 #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 9585 battles
  • [AMXS]

There may be plenty of reasons, it is very difficult to trouble shoot from a distance.

I will give you a couple of hints;

I have been in that same situation when I moved abroad during Xmas and NY, and upon my return, my PS4 could no longer connect to my modem/router; I had to reset it. But your problem is different, because you could update your PS4;

Try the following in that order:

1) switch off PS4, switch on

2) uninstall WoT, re-install - you will not loose any information since it is all hosted on the WG server

If still not working, come back here.

IBROX 04 #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17948 battles
  • [BNKR]

This does sound familiar, vaguely remember something similar to this, when WoT first came out on ps4, but that was back on beta or something . Maybe Max would know? I wouldn't go to the extent of uninstalling it until you hear back from someone. Because my head is full of nonsense.

Edit : Then again, I just noticed the date. :facepalm:. You've probably already fixed the issue. 

Aaron William Murray                    Forever in my heart

P6X330 #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 9585 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostIBROX 04, on 16 January 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

This does sound familiar, vaguely remember something similar to this, when WoT first came out on ps4, but that was back on beta or something . Maybe Max would know? I wouldn't go to the extent of uninstalling it until you hear back from someone. Because my head is full of nonsense.

Edit : Then again, I just noticed the date. :facepalm:. You've probably already fixed the issue. 

I had noticed the date before, but this could always be used by other players having a similar issue.

That said, the game resides on the client e.g. your own console. Your account profile is on the War Gaming server. When you connect your PS4 and select WoT, your profile is synchronized and updated if applicable. Thus, if your PS4 HD is destroyed, you can replace it and start as if nothing had happened. Or, if the fancy took you to have a PS4 in each places you own, you would be able to play the game with the same tanks and crew and details at each of the locations, obviously, you could not log consecutively on the consoles at the same time.

Bouncie6 #5 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5154 battles
I have been running into this same issue with the black screen loading for two days and counting...can ANYONE point me in the right direction.  I have re-installed the game, cleared cache, and deleted save game data, nothing seems to work.

IBROX 04 #6 Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17948 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBouncie6, on 01 April 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

I have been running into this same issue with the black screen loading for two days and counting...can ANYONE point me in the right direction.  I have re-installed the game, cleared cache, and deleted save game data, nothing seems to work.

Have you checked that the ps4 maybe needs an update?

Aaron William Murray                    Forever in my heart

Bouncie6 #7 Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5154 battles
Everything is up to date!!

IBROX 04 #8 Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17948 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBouncie6, on 01 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said: