Win rate

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Lighting1985036 #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12058 battles
  • [WAR-]
hey everyone I had a question is it better to have a 52% and getting better I might add win rate at 7.7k games than say someone that has the same win rate at 14k games or higher thanks for the input 

pingwrx #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23219 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostLighting1985036, on 18 January 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

hey everyone I had a question is it better to have a 52% and getting better I might add win rate at 7.7k games than say someone that has the same win rate at 14k games or higher thanks for the input 

It's better to have high winrate no matter the amount of battles means you are winning more than you are losing.

VKSheridan #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23220 battles

Not sure of the question.

If you have 50% wins at 7K games, it means you’ve been exposed to only 3,500 winning matches but the guy with 14K games and same win rate has seen double that at 7,000 matches.  Since not every win can exclusively be tied to a player’s singular contribution, it’s factually accurate to say the 14K guy has seen a lot more winning matches than you.  He’s also seen twice as many losing matches which combined means he’s played twice as many matches (Right or wrong, good or bad).

If you keep your winrate the same with the same grinds, platoon rate and all the other variables, I guess you could say you’re the same as he but not really.  He played with different tech trees, buffed/nerfed tanks and certain maps that you’ve never seen......

Here’s my feedback - Don’t measure yourself to others, measure yourself to your own potential.  If everyone played to avoid loss or death to improve their stats, every match would end in a draw and we’d all have 50% win rates.....

Ricky Flaggins #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9786 battles
If you have less then 10,000 battles and your Wn8 is at 52-50% then you're doing good in my book

WG: "Bricks working as intended. Check your ISP."

Cruiser Abukuma #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16754 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 18 January 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Why your epeen being threatened?

dude really?

View PostLighting1985036, on 18 January 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

52% at 7.7 vs 52% at 14k.. well depending on your playstyle i'd say yes.. but if you're trying to figure out who's better between yourself and another person win rate isn't the best thing to use.. that's what WN8 is for

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

Highlordwurm #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17378 battles

52% is good any way you slice it, but for the sake of discussion....  If you have 7k games compared to 14k, chances are that the 7k has lower tier battles, on average, and you could argue that either way: ‘of course you have a good win rate, you have never played in a real battle until at least tier 8!’ Vs ‘every low tier game is a complete crap shoot, there is NO WAY you could keep consistant stats at that tier with the potato yoloing that goes on!’

Most people don’t even realize there are stats in this game for awhile, never mind how to imporve them, and there is a steep lerrning curve, so, if this is your first account (I could care less if you re-rolled, just saying) with tanks and you are pulling that WR off while learning how to play, don’t worry about your 14k friend, you will be a monster by the time you get there!

P.S.

If this IS your first time through, please, try not to fixate on your stats, it is like most bad habits, starts out great and exciting, but soon enough you find yourself angry because your stats got hurt in a match that technically should have been fun, just enjoy the game and check your stats occasionally to see if you are improving and where you can do better, like golf, you compete against yourself ;)

Wreckashore1715 #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 45708 battles
  • [WOLFE]

View PostVKSheridan, on 18 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Not sure of the question.

If you have 50% wins at 7K games, it means you’ve been exposed to only 3,500 winning matches but the guy with 14K games and same win rate has seen double that at 7,000 matches.  Since not every win can exclusively be tied to a player’s singular contribution, it’s factually accurate to say the 14K guy has seen a lot more winning matches than you.  He’s also seen twice as many losing matches which combined means he’s played twice as many matches (Right or wrong, good or bad).

If you keep your winrate the same with the same grinds, platoon rate and all the other variables, I guess you could say you’re the same as he but not really.  He played with different tech trees, buffed/nerfed tanks and certain maps that you’ve never seen......

Here’s my feedback - Don’t measure yourself to others, measure yourself to your own potential.  If everyone played to avoid loss or death to improve their stats, every match would end in a draw and we’d all have 50% win rates.....

AMEN BROTHER!

PATRIOTICxTBro #8 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14404 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 18 January 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

dude really?

52% at 7.7 vs 52% at 14k.. well depending on your playstyle i'd say yes.. but if you're trying to figure out who's better between yourself and another person win rate isn't the best thing to use.. that's what WN8 is for

Isn’t that what this whole thread is about? Obviously the op was told s/he was worse than someone else and now they come here to ask who is right.

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

ArKenemyxX #9 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22108 battles
  • [PRIME]

ive been stuck at 54% since i started last year. granted my weekly and monthly change and im on a losing streak of 10 battles but i placed 1st on all. 

play for that win or give your team poo for making you lose and report players for doing 0 damage:trollface:

Cruiser Abukuma #10 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16754 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPATRIOTICxTBro, on 18 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Isn’t that what this whole thread is about? Obviously the op was told s/he was worse than someone else and now they come here to ask who is right.

does that give you the right to be aggressive? no it does not.. answer the question as any helpful forumer would do, and think twice before you say something that is non constructive as such.. it was better for you to just not have commented at all.. 

OP, I apologize for assisting in going off topic due to the person above.. you asked a simple question that in no way allotted the response above.. I hope that I and the other helpful posters here have answered your question

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!

PATRIOTICxTBro #11 Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14404 battles
  • [-HOW-]

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 18 January 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

does that give you the right to be aggressive? no it does not.. answer the question as any helpful forumer would do, and think twice before you say something that is non constructive as such.. it was better for you to just not have commented at all.. 

OP, I apologize for assisting in going off topic due to the person above.. you asked a simple question that in no way allotted the response above.. I hope that I and the other helpful posters here have answered your question

:rolleyes:

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

Bricemkk #12 Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14108 battles
  • [ODH]

I go with the guy that has 14k games that's valued seat time. He seen more done more and that's all called experience. Longer you player better you should get. 

But to know how two players compare they have wn8 for that.

Cannon x Fodder #13 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13156 battles
Win rate is mostly a meaningless stat when trying to compare individual performance.  To answer your question though, let me ask you another.

Are most of the 14k players matches played in the same tank, or does he have a lot of games played in different tanks?  The more games you play with a less than 100% crew or stock tank, the lower your winrate will be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users