Czechoslovakia Tech Trree New tank Idea

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

JD8121 #1 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21988 battles
  • [OTL]
Some possible tanks to be added to the Czech tree?  I was able to find something about 90% of the tanks on here so i think it's possible.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Crazedtiger77 #2 Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11426 battles

Here is an awesome look at what Czechoslovakia could get: http://pipboy.wtz.cz/wot-cs/

I don’t think it’ll be expanded anytime soon but if and when it happens, the TDs seem like the most suitable line. Arty would be cool but it’s unpopular and the lights unfortunately have an artillery piece as the tier 10.

YCS-186 #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]
I have a partially-finished Czech tech tree revision that adds some more tanks they actually used (no prototypes). Basically it would add a TD branch from tier II to about tier V or VI, and an artillery branch from tier VII to tier X. There would also be new premiums at tiers II, VI, and VIII. I need to finish it one of these days.

Edited by YCS-186, 26 January 2018 - 01:26 AM.

In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

RAD FROOD 25 #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 20688 battles
  • [PR1D3]

View PostYCS-186, on 26 January 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

I have a partially-finished Czech tech tree revision that adds some more tanks they actually used (no prototypes). Basically it would add a TD branch from tier II to about tier V or VI, and an artillery branch from tier VII to tier X. There would also be new premiums at tiers II, VI, and VIII. I need to finish it one of these days.

Any chance you could show us

YCS-186 #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 27 January 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Any chance you could show us

I can't really show the revised tree itself yet since it's still a pen-and-paper draft at the moment, but I can list the tanks I'm adding:

TD Branch: This one starts off with the tier II Carmen-Lloyd Tankette, a turretless design with options for either a 20mm machine gun or a 37mm anti-tank gun. The tier III is the Tancik vz 33. It's a Czech-designed turretless tankette armed with dual 7.92mm machine guns. The Hetzer comes in at tier IV, and was actually a Czech design that was created for the Third Reich. The tier V would likely end up being the SU-100, which would receive stats tweaks in certain areas to make it fit better at tier V, and would lose its last two packages (including the 122mm gun option) entirely. The package layout would be stock-->SU85MBM-->SU-100-1. This TD would then branch back into the Skoda T 25 on the main line.

Artillery Branch: This one would branch off from the Skoda T 25. At tier VII would be the 2S1 Gvozdika, a turreted Soviet arty with a 122mm gun. The tier VIII would be the SpGH DANA, a native Czech turreted arty with a choice between a 152mm or 155mm gun. The only potential issue with the DANA is that it was a wheeled vehicle, but there was a tracked variant that consisted of the DANA's turret and gun mounted on a T-72 hull, so they could use that instead if they needed to. The tier IX would be the 2S7 Pion, a more traditional turretless Soviet artillery with a 203mm gun. At tier X would be the 2S4 Tyulpan, another traditional turretless Soviet arty with a powerful 240mm gun.

New Premiums: There would be a new tier II premium light tank, the LT vz 34, which was an earlier version of the LT vz 35. At tier VI there would be a premium Firefly, as well as a "rare" version called the Janousek Firefly.

The Janousek Firefly would honor Czech WW2 hero Karel Janousek, who fought in both world wars and was Air Vice Marshal of the Czech Air Force-in-Exile during WW2, commanding the Czech airmen during the Battle of Britain. When he returned to his homeland after the war, he found that most of his family had been imprisoned by the Nazis in retaliation for his service in Britain. His wife and one sister had died in the Third Reich's most infamous concentration camp, and three of his brothers had also died in prison. More info on him here:

https://fcafa.com/20...karel-janousek/

There would be two tier VIII premiums on the tech tree, the T-55 medium tank and the ISU-152 tank destroyer. There would also be a "rare" version of the T-55 called the Three Kings T-55. That version would honor the Three Kings (Josef Balaban, Josef Masin, and Vaclav Moravek), a trio of Czech resistance fighters who became heroes for relaying information and carrying out sabotage activities in their occupied homeland from 1939 to 1942, including an assassination attempt on Heinrich Himmler. You can read more about them here:

https://www.private-...tance-movement/

Edited by YCS-186, 27 January 2018 - 09:26 PM.

In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

RAD FROOD 25 #6 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20688 battles
  • [PR1D3]
Sounds pretty good to me. Do you think that it would be better to have Hungarian tanks to lead to the T-34-100 and then maybe to some high tier Tank Destroyers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users