Anyone got light tank urban map gameplay tips?

Thread.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Pontiac Pat #21 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 23272 battles
  • [47R]
http://forum-console...nk-tips-tricks/

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

R35T NO MORE #22 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:02 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15101 battles
  • [BNKR-]
Thanks for the advice guys (and for the link Pat), gave you all a +1. I'll give the Soviet lights a go and bear in mind the tips you all gave. Regarding the tanks themselves, it seems i'm at the MT-25 on that line, what can i expect with that tank?

Warthog II #23 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40712 battles
  • [KMD]

Get some spots, maybe. Depends where you spawn.

Stay alive.

Use your 35k+ games of experience.

Know how much damage your tank can do in a short time frame and roughly how fast your tank can turn and accelerate.

Avoid yoloing unless your 35k+ games of experience tells you there is a isolated red tank that wants farmed for damage.

Ensk in light :playing:

I haven't seen Ensk lately.    Have bad players complained too much about that map again? :mellow:

Spoiler: Bragging  RU 251 on Himmelsdorf pre-tier-10 lights.   Went hill to start out.

Edited by Warthog II, 26 January 2018 - 08:29 AM.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

groovingreg #24 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18287 battles
from personal experience the mt25 fully upgraded is a surprisingly good tank.  i hated it until it was fully upgraded.  i even debated to myself whether to keep it or sell my chaffee.  from here on up the tanks get better and better, but the stock tanks worse and worse untilfully upgraded.  i love all russian lights from this point up.  just becarefull from tier 8 upwards on ridgelines.  if you see a US lt on a ridge,  don't be a hero because their gun depression will have you at severe disadvantage.     also the russian lt's surprised me with how stealthy they can be.  if you have played the t54 then you will be at home in the t54 ltwt,  also in the t54 ltwt can ram some lt's,  but don't ram the chinese tier 10 light.  
once you get the mt-25 fully upgraded play it like a chaffee balls to the wall stylee.  beaware that the lttb rolls over even on what you think is flat ground.  the tier x lt is very good.  i find it best to roll forwards from cover pop a round and roll back.  do  this a coupleof times then relocate.  it has good top speed and is an absolute late game ninja.  i don't have any camo skills, green thumb or anything else and it can still sneak very well.  
learn city maps and learn each and every turn.  
one last thing about soviet lt's.  never be affraid to leave a flank.  if you are on you're owne and see a load of red's,  then back up,  ping the location and leave the area.  

groovingreg #25 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18287 battles
a dead light is a blind team.

Kebabsaurus Rex #26 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17289 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 26 January 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice guys (and for the link Pat), gave you all a +1. I'll give the Soviet lights a go and bear in mind the tips you all gave. Regarding the tanks themselves, it seems i'm at the MT-25 on that line, what can i expect with that tank?

a pretty quick tank with no gun depression but fast firing gun - pen can be lacking when bottom tier so go for side an rear shots (skill rounds only pen 156mm)

view range is pretty good but you can get outspotted by higher tier lights

have to say I have enjoyed playing it and looking forward to the LTG and then LTTB

Nosnomis #27 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:27 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12273 battles
  • [4LOLZ]
The whole Soviet line of scouts has been a joy to play.  The MT25 is a little bear.  Great antiscout tank. The LTG is a ton of fun.  I found it plays like a quick flanking medium.  The lttb is very similar to the bulldog in play style.  Although it does roll a bit as mentioned above.  All scouts roll on icebound.  A great benefit of the Soviet scouts is that they are surprisingly bouncy.  Often a random shot will bounce.

I've just unlocked the 54ltwt but debating on if I'm gonna get that or the ru251 first.  Both unlocked just not enough silver.

Also tagged with Thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users