General Light Tank Tips & Tricks

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

CowboyArizona #121 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22502 battles
What's needed is a tutorial "how to" circle fight when you're up against another light tank.  It happens ALL the time.  REALLY good light tankers are able to hit some or most of those shots, while others have to hold shots for perfect moments or just autolock & miss behind their enemy.

swindle 321 #122 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36998 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostCowboyArizona, on 04 February 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

What's needed is a tutorial "how to" circle fight when you're up against another light tank.  It happens ALL the time.  REALLY good light tankers are able to hit some or most of those shots, while others have to hold shots for perfect moments or just autolock & miss behind their enemy.

There really isn't much to learn there mate, just don't rb rt. I usually ADS but don't zoom fully in. It's awkward and takes practice but it's a good skill to have.

YouTube

The Turkey Tank #123 Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 32532 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostCowboyArizona, on 03 February 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Like swindle said there's not much to it, except for practice of learning how to lead targets. I personally always fire in 3rd person when doing the dance of death with another light. One thing gave me a lot of experience, which was competitive matches between clans because you have to be on your A game when dueling the other team's light(s) or you'll find yourself dead very quickly.

WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

l AnxiousArmy l #124 Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:16 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9016 battles

Noob Light exclaimed, "Soldiers, shoot rocks!"

Geordie P #125 Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22767 battles

Im starting to realise why everyone seems to flock to these lines.

Its kinda fun for the most part and the skill ceiling is pretty low, so even the joe average (me) doesn't have to pull out all the stops to contribute to the match.

XP and silver racks up extremely quickly its the polar opposite of playing artillery and some of the more cumbersome tanks.

EZ mode engaged, Im starting to get into it.

h

HeckuvaMonkey47 #126 Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31781 battles
  • [GUYS]

I am average enough with my lights and enjoy the fast-paced playstyle it offers. But I often struggle with the derping kind of lights - T49, Sheridan, Turtle etc. I am not sure what the playstyle should be and often enough I end up with frustratingly low damage rolls before dying in one of my kamikaze runs to derp.

So Turkey, what's the philosophy to play well in these? 

Ozgur72 #127 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:11 AM

Private

• Players
  • 9784 battles
  • [-IQ-]

View PostCowboyArizona, on 04 February 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

You should do no lock firing against circling lights but that takes a lot of practice. Try setting up training matches with friends.

swindle 321 #128 Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36998 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostHeckuvaMonkey47, on 21 June 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I am average enough with my lights and enjoy the fast-paced playstyle it offers. But I often struggle with the derping kind of lights - T49, Sheridan, Turtle etc. I am not sure what the playstyle should be and often enough I end up with frustratingly low damage rolls before dying in one of my kamikaze runs to derp.

So Turkey, what's the philosophy to play well in these? 

I wouldn't run the derp on the Sheridan, the 105's far too good, you could actually say the same for the T49 but I never run the 90mm on that lol. When it comes to running in to get your big shot off, it's all about timing and patience. Avoid going in on tanks that aren't alone, try to go in with a team mate where possible and try to go in second, you want the tank you're attacking to be focusing on your team mate until you get your shot off. If you have to go in solo try to go in while they're on a reload, then get in get your shot off and get out. Most of the time when things go wrong for derping lights it's because they just rushed in greedily trying to get a full pen because they've seen something squishy :)

YouTube

STUART SHERMAN #129 Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:01 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 38836 battles
  • [FLT]

Just one more thank you for the great tips here OP. You’ve not only helped me with lights but inversely these tips can help when fighting against lights as well. Um, that is until I run up against you and Swindle in person. I did my best but you were mercifully quick about it when time came, and for that I thank you again. 

:honoring:

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users