General Light Tank Tips & Tricks

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

ArKenemyxX #21 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17033 battles
  • [PRIME]
im grinding out the B-C 12t to get the disliked amx 30b and while i aced it twice this thing is bad. i also stopped playing lights cause of map rotation. mediums are more than capable of filling in for bad light tank commanders and people outside the forum community arent gonna care. i just hope some will learn. ill come back to my scouts when we get a better map rotation 

Pontiac Pat #22 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21101 battles
  • [47R]
Turkey, what is your opinion on Light Tank equipment?  I tend towards VStab, Optics and Vents, pushing mobility and view range over firepower, but I know some who like to use VStab, Optics and Rammer and play aggressive, like a small medium tank.  What is your thought?

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

R35T NO MORE #23 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14147 battles
  • [BNKR-]
Great thread Turkey, really helpful, thanks for posting it :great:.

Credit to Violet viper for my sig.

Warthog II #24 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39359 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 26 January 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Turkey, what is your opinion on Light Tank equipment?  I tend towards VStab, Optics and Vents, pushing mobility and view range over firepower, but I know some who like to use VStab, Optics and Rammer and play aggressive, like a small medium tank.  What is your thought?

Not Turkey Tank input:

That seems to be my go to loadout.  Sometimes swap VStab for binocs if the tank accelerates slowly.     13 57 and Dragon.

(edit)  rammer or stabs.  If both are available, usually rammer.

Edited by Warthog II, 26 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

CodenameGunther #25 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22391 battles
  • [-P-]
I always go the rammer myself when available, with our lack of bushes and them not working at all occasionally I'd rather the gun be buffed the extra bit because it can be the difference between eating one or more shots if I get a low roll on a kill shot. 

Guide to not sucking at killing bots: https://www.youtube....?v=IHC13hhrBvM 

Professional Thread Killer

happydundee #26 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22179 battles
Excellent write up. Don't put yourself down Turkey. You are the definitive Light Tank Expert.

Just An0maly #27 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16587 battles
  • [-N-]
Outstanding!

The Turkey Tank #28 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 26 January 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

I think nearly all my lights have vert stabs, optics, and rammer as I'm very aggressive in my Playstyle

WN8:3900   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

Zulu Calm #29 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

Brilliant post and brilliant advice. Many thanks Turkey. +1 to you Sir.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

The Turkey Tank #30 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostZulu Calm, on 26 January 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Brilliant post and brilliant advice. Many thanks Turkey. +1 to you Sir.

Thanks, been meaning to do something like this for awhile now

FromBravo2Kilo #31 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17180 battles
  • [47R]

TTT,

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!  Read through it last night and just now read it again.  Was in a match with you not long ago with a teammate of yours.  The map was Murovanka and if I remember correctly you were in the Ru.  Your teammate passed in front of me in a 2 marked IS-7 going east from the south spawn.  Almost went that direction (in a T-54) until I saw you race towards the magic forest.  90% of the time I go that way.  When I saw you head that direction I figured you could use the support.  Think there was only three of us that went there and we easily rolled the flank.  This was all done without comms and only watching what was transpiring in front of us.  Did sent a GG message but, no worries.  It was a great teamwork.

Question on Russian/Chinese light crew skills.  Do you see a need for some defensive crew skills early on in these two nations?  Examples would be Firefighting, Safe Storage, etc.  Do you use the same mentality of not taking hits?  Is it something that you don't concern yourself with?  Thanks.

Kebabsaurus Rex #32 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15014 battles
  • [BNKR-]

We need audio on your videos Turkey!

I know you said before you were not a fan but it would be good to hear your rationale and decisions.

ares-servant #33 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24497 battles

Awesome thread, even took a few notes!  LOL. I think I've already mentioned it but I really enjoy your vids on nontypical light tank maps. May not be the most entertaining but a wealth of information. 

One note, thank you for the time and effort of guides and vids. 

Ralphs Dad #34 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22763 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 26 January 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

TTT,

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!  Read through it last night and just now read it again.  Was in a match with you not long ago with a teammate of yours.  The map was Murovanka and if I remember correctly you were in the Ru.  Your teammate passed in front of me in a 2 marked IS-7 going east from the south spawn.  Almost went that direction (in a T-54) until I saw you race towards the magic forest.  90% of the time I go that way.  When I saw you head that direction I figured you could use the support.  Think there was only three of us that went there and we easily rolled the flank.  This was all done without comms and only watching what was transpiring in front of us.  Did sent a GG message but, no worries.  It was a great teamwork.

Question on Russian/Chinese light crew skills.  Do you see a need for some defensive crew skills early on in these two nations?  Examples would be Firefighting, Safe Storage, etc.  Do you use the same mentality of not taking hits?  Is it something that you don't concern yourself with?  Thanks.

Maybe others have a different opinion but I wouldn't both too much unless you have the main skills plus camo and vision skills all done. At the end of the day, it's all about not getting hit in light tanks. The only one I might sugguest is fire fighting, IF you run food, which I highly recommend.

Gadoguz94 #35 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19664 battles
  • [A666]

View Postgreenteam117, on 26 January 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

could you do a thing on medium tanks? or if you have can you link it to me? thank you

reason why is this is super informative and i am trying to learn how to play mediums (because i am bad with them)

Watch justanace's videos on youtube for mediums I swear to god i have been doing at least 50 times better with them since I started applying his tips

The Turkey Tank #36 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View Posthappydundee, on 26 January 2018 - 05:02 AM, said:

Excellent write up. Don't put yourself down Turkey. You are the definitive Light Tank Expert.

not putting myself down, just don't like to come off as egotistical is all especially when I know of plenty of other players who are just as good if not better than me in lights

The Turkey Tank #37 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 26 January 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

TTT,

yeah I remember that match, but I currently have notifications turned off due to a ton of spam messages asking me to play minecraft or fortnite lol. As for the crew skills I generally seemed to go with the method of switching between vision and gun handling perks then get ones like firefighting though if I notice I get set on fire a lot then maybe I'll start training it. But, overall my goal every match is to try and not get hit if I have too, especially in the engine deck or rear of my tank. 

The Turkey Tank #38 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostKebabsaurus Rex, on 26 January 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

We need audio on your videos Turkey!

I know you said before you were not a fan but it would be good to hear your rationale and decisions.

yeah unfortunately its still not possible as I live in a dorm currently so the background noise is constant and I don't have the right equipment for it plus I'm not the best at explaining unless I have time to think it out like this thread and even then I can't explain everything unfortunately.

The Turkey Tank #39 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View Postares-servant, on 26 January 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Awesome thread, even took a few notes!  LOL. I think I've already mentioned it but I really enjoy your vids on nontypical light tank maps. May not be the most entertaining but a wealth of information. 

One note, thank you for the time and effort of guides and vids. 

glad they help, though I know they are the most difficult for me to get out because well they are awful for scouts and even I struggle on them most of the time. Though I will say I've eliminated some maps to display gameplay from like Westfield north spawn or Prok unless its some crazy game, they've just been shown so much that it gets stale.

dadandcam001 #40 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20619 battles
  • [SEAR]

Good read, you pretty much defined my weaknesses as a scout and what I need to do to address them. Map knowledge is one of my worst skills as a light tank driver. I seem to find those dead ends 90% of the time now. Trying to evade and BLAM, dead end. 

I'll work on these skill sets that you have outlined and see how my progress goes.

Thanks again for the words of wisdom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users