Jump to content


General Light Tank Tips & Tricks


  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

ares-servant #61 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29661 battles
  • 2,159
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016

View PostOldschoolxx, on 26 January 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Yeah, hand brake question as well.  I drive/steer with the left stick, but the hand brake is down on the d-pad (left side) in the default config.  How do I turn & hand brake at the same time with one thumb?  Is there a better, recommended set up?

 

Edit:  Just tried the 'handbrake' controller setting.  Much better, handbrake is now @ L1.

 

Mine is configured to where the break is on the "x" (a for xbox?) and reload is on the d pad. I don' like messing with zooming, aiming or firing.

 


 


The Turkey Tank #62 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Posthmsmystic, on 26 January 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Saw Turkey was giving some light tank advice and went old school and printed it out.  Thanks as always Turkey

don't mention it, hope it helps


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


Tasos__Pro #63 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:49 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 20432 battles
  • 7
  • [ELLAS]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

Hello Mr TTT.

From the moment I've  watched your videos on YouTube, the first thing that came to my mind was that this guy knows every inch of every map on this game. It is absolutely amazing how can you cover behind  a tiny rock or a small bush or even more on a small dip of terrain. Your mind blowing memory of physics of each map is just amazing. I am having so much fun watching all those amazing videos of you. I love the part when you are looking at the enemies while driving without watching where you are going and you know exactly when and where to turn or stop. It's so much fun watching you making all this great stuff you do. I know you are the best light player I've ever seen playing this game and maybe the best ever. Keep up the good work and give us as many as you can from those outrageous videos you do. 

Thank you TTT sir. 



P6X330 #64 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15929 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

Turkey (for the lack of better name), have you ever considered mentoring? I would not mind platooning with you in my AMX 13 90, as a trainee. See where you go, what you do. This kind of tutoring works best, as "on the job" training.

 

This would work a lot better (at least for me), than watching your YT replay.

 

Why is the 13 105 excluded from the favorites? very similar to the 13 90?


Edited by P6X330, 27 January 2018 - 12:16 AM.

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


The Turkey Tank #65 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostTasos16021982, on 26 January 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hello Mr TTT.

From the moment I've  watched your videos on YouTube, the first thing that came to my mind was that this guy knows every inch of every map on this game. It is absolutely amazing how can you cover behind  a tiny rock or a small bush or even more on a small dip of terrain. Your mind blowing memory of physics of each map is just amazing. I am having so much fun watching all those amazing videos of you. I love the part when you are looking at the enemies while driving without watching where you are going and you know exactly when and where to turn or stop. It's so much fun watching you making all this great stuff you do. I know you are the best light player I've ever seen playing this game and maybe the best ever. Keep up the good work and give us as many as you can from those outrageous videos you do. 

Thank you TTT sir. 

thanks, appreciate it


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


Pit Friend #66 Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33377 battles
  • 18,454
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 


swamp_fox_009 #67 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18622 battles
  • 838
  • [ODH]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
Excellent guide. Watching your videos has greatly improved my light tanking. Often times in a match I am thinking WWTD. :playing:

Saerbhreathach #68 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 22091 battles
  • 15,090
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

I've shared a link to this thread on both Facebook groups, WoT uncensored and WoT English. Hope you don't mind. :)

 

I figured some of our fellow Facebook scouts could use some input from one of the best (the best IMO) console scouts.;) 



The Turkey Tank #69 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 27 January 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

I've shared a link to this thread on both Facebook groups, WoT uncensored and WoT English. Hope you don't mind. :)

 

I figured some of our fellow Facebook scouts could use some input from one of the best (the best IMO) console scouts.;) 

yeah, that's great. more people that see it, the better


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


Saerbhreathach #70 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 22091 battles
  • 15,090
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 27 January 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

yeah, that's great. more people that see it, the better

 

:great:

killer etzi0 #71 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58701 battles
  • 18,666
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

Dear The Turkey Tank,

 

We need more vids on how to scout Ensk, Ghost Town, Ruinburge, ect....


"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


The Turkey Tank #72 Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postkiller etzi0, on 27 January 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Dear The Turkey Tank,

 

We need more vids on how to scout Ensk, Ghost Town, Ruinburge, ect....


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


killer etzi0 #73 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58701 battles
  • 18,666
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

^^thanks^^

 

Next up,  Ghost Town? 


"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


The Turkey Tank #74 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostP6X330, on 26 January 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Turkey (for the lack of better name), have you ever considered mentoring? I would not mind platooning with you in my AMX 13 90, as a trainee. See where you go, what you do. This kind of tutoring works best, as "on the job" training.

 

This would work a lot better (at least for me), than watching your YT replay.

 

Why is the 13 105 excluded from the favorites? very similar to the 13 90?

it reminds me of the old 13 90 with horrible gun handling


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


The Turkey Tank #75 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postkiller etzi0, on 27 January 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

^^thanks^^

 

Next up,  Ghost Town? 

there may be a few ghost town games on the channel, just not a How I Scout video


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


Geordie Scout #76 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31303 battles
  • 563
  • [BDGR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Thanks for all the effort you've put in with this guide and the YouTube channel Turkey. I've learnt many good light tank positions & tactics thanks to you. Keep up the good work, cheers. 

The Turkey Tank #77 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33798 battles
  • 3,847
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostGeordie Scout, on 29 January 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thanks for all the effort you've put in with this guide and the YouTube channel Turkey. I've learnt many good light tank positions & tactics thanks to you. Keep up the good work, cheers. 

not a problem, hope it helps


WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

 

                                                          


dadandcam001 #78 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23846 battles
  • 920
  • [SEAR]
  • Member since:
    08-30-2015

Nice video, most impressive performance!

Keep em coming, I might master this light tank thing yet.

As always, thanks for posting.

 



ll SkagPipe ll #79 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15203 battles
  • 3,151
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015
Really nicee write up TT! Even for seasoned light tankers who might glean a different way to look at things that they might not have thought about otherwise. 

I think my old light tank crew guide is still pretty good:

http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1

I think the grouping of the skills into functional groups helps identify what different tanks benefit from.
 

Matte7031 #80 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25650 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
So how long should I wait before yoloing the enemy base from the start of the game? 20 seconds? 10? Should I even wait and just go straight in!? 




8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users