LooK At All OF TheSe FRee PreMiuM TanKs!

Free tanks Console problems Wargamming ITS TIME TO STOP

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

MrBob_A_Feet #1 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7601 battles
  • [UP]

Yeah nah free premium tanks above tier 6 are dumb in so many ways fair play for trying something new, in the short term it makes sense attracting new and old players back to play the game to get a new tier 8 premium but in the long run its going to ruin the game, the matchmaking is already garbage and removing a whole load of maps i.e content just to add re-skins i.e not content doesn't make up for it. It amazes me that no one complains about the lack off quality console exclusive content.

I get that you probably restricted as to what you can actually do with this game only being a small part of a larger world brand company but surely you can come up with some better ideas than re-skins, console exslusive maps which im afraid to say are noticeable worse than the PC ported ones and a pretty boring story mode. Although i must say i have great respect for keeping the Waffle and adding the Cheiften, i don't have either of these tanks but im glad they choose not to remove peoples favourite tanks and the Cheiften proves that they can be unique i just wish they would embrace this more, maybe add a British light tank line or a Japanese TD's just something to really maker the game stand out to the PC variant. I could go on and on but i don't have that little a life.

But mainly please after tankbowl no more free tier 8 premiums...please.

Attached Thumbnails

Jurassic world fallen kingdom is the worst film I have ever seen!

CyberGopher #2 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19955 battles
I don’t follow your logic.  What’s wrong with getting free stuff?

MrBob_A_Feet #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7601 battles
  • [UP]

View PostCyberGopher, on 27 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

I don’t follow your logic. What’s wrong with getting free stuff?

Its the free stuff in question that were getting that annoys me, you shouldn't just be given a tier 8 for free if your highest tier is a tier 4 or 5 especially a tank like the patriot or the defender i.e overpowered tanks, i have never hated this game more than the moatherland event trying to grind through my panther 2 with 10 motherlands on both teams driving around like morons either yoloing you because there noobs or spamming APCR because they know that the lack luster pen on the motherland is one of the only real drawbacks. I mean how would you feel if wargamming just decides that the OBJ 260 is a free op tank that anyone could unlock as long as they come in the top 5 on there team all of a sudden you have games of 12 on 12 OBJ 260 at tier 10 with over half of them not having a clue how to play the game? 

Edited by MrBob_A_Feet, 27 January 2018 - 05:05 PM.

Jurassic world fallen kingdom is the worst film I have ever seen!

zZGROGZz #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19048 battles

It doesnt matter what tier you take out to battle, there are players at all of them with no clue how to play. 

Free stuff is always good, I’m not a fan of the frequency of the earn ops though. They do seem to come along thick and fast.

I would much prefer a series of on tracks for a while, or least a few of them thrown in to break the earn ops up. Other than that, I’m not bothered.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

astendb5 #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2003 battles
  • [LAST]

View PostMrBob_A_Feet, on 27 January 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Its the free stuff in question that were getting that annoys me, you shouldn't just be given a tier 8 for free if your highest tier is a tier 4 or 5 especially a tank like the patriot or the defender i.e overpowered tanks, i have never hated this game more than the moatherland event trying to grind through my panther 2 with 10 motherlands on both teams driving around like morons either yoloing you because there noobs or spamming APCR because they know that the lack luster pen on the motherland is one of the only real drawbacks. I mean how would you feel if wargamming just decides that the OBJ 260 is a free op tank that anyone could unlock as long as they come in the top 5 on there team all of a sudden you have games of 12 on 12 OBJ 260 at tier 10 with over half of them not having a clue how to play the game? 

You can't get a patriot or defender for free though? On your thumbnail the only potential free ones there made up way less than half of the premiums on the list... don't really understand your complaint?

JatemKaa #6 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostMrBob_A_Feet, on 27 January 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

​You are MUCH too late to be bringing this up now. It is too late to change it now. If WG gave away no more tier eights or higher, it wouldn't matter as the damage is already done. At this point the game only dies faster if the free tanks dry up.

CyberGopher #7 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19955 battles
Oh.  Yeah, I see your point I guess.  TBH though, it really isn’t that hard to grind your way to higher tiers either if you really wanted to.  When I first started playing I ground up to tier 8 in a couple of weeks.  Getting a free tier 8 isn’t really THAT much quicker than grinding to it.  

Me, I like the giveaways for some reason.  Gives me a goal to aim for.  I don’t care if it’s high or low tier as I kinda think the lower tiers are funner anyways.  Gameplay is noticeably different when earn ops are underway though.

ABAOUIA #8 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47049 battles
  • [ASYLM]
If you look at the score table....

The free premium players played a better game than the non free ( premiums ) tanks ;)

On both teams, and your team was good overall most players took a nice damage number...

I do agree on the number of premium tanks, a lot !

Maybe you should change the title ?

BrogueOne #9 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23416 battles
  • [ELDER]
Free stuff=player participation=greater longevity and support for the game.  It doesn’t matter if someone earns a free Tier VIII they’re not experienced enough to play; it’s really only a minor annoyance for most of us(and hey, free xp piñata!).

I understand your sentiment and frustration.  But don’t let your Elitism and expectations get in the way of enjoying the game(or encouraging others to enjoy it).  Good or bad, we need purples and potatoes alike to keep the lights on and the servers humming.

Doctor_Who_22 #10 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13603 battles
  • [-WHO-]
In case anyone hadn't noticed, this is the new 'norm' in WoT.  And I suggest everyone get used to it as I don see it changing anytime soon.

WG needs to make money and the best way is to sell premiums and/or give them away to keep players interested and returning.

Beware the Banshee Comet! According to Irish folklore, a Banshee is a ghost-like creature that wails (keens) to warn you of your impending death. However on the battlefield, the last screams you hear will be your own!   

NOTE - I am taking a temporary leave from playing World of Tanks due to certain family obligations. I hope to see many of you back out in battle soon!

VKSheridan #11 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23290 battles

I don’t play lower tiers (too much like checkers) and I prefer higher tiers (more like chess) so restricting the freemiums to lower tier is nothing more than a garage slot to me.

If a low tier new player earns a Tier VIII tank, I don’t mind.  If he’s on red, he’s my T28 Proto’s next easy kill and if he’s on green, I don’t mind not competing with him for damage.

If you play Tier VIII and rely heavily on your mates to survive, I guess a noob as a wingman might be of concern.  No biggie to me, if I get help it’s a bonus, if not, I shouldn’t have put my tank in a position to need help

MASHMAN 90 #12 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37390 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 27 January 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Free stuff=player participation=greater longevity and support for the game. It doesn’t matter if someone earns a free Tier VIII they’re not experienced enough to play; it’s really only a minor annoyance for most of us(and hey, free xp piñata!).

I understand your sentiment and frustration. But don’t let your Elitism and expectations get in the way of enjoying the game(or encouraging others to enjoy it). Good or bad, we need purples and potatoes alike to keep the lights on and the servers humming.

Agree, i've seen poor Tier X Teams who are as clueless as lower tiers, I find that Tier V's seem to play better sometimes but your correct :)

MASHMAN 90 #13 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37390 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 27 January 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

I don’t play lower tiers (too much like checkers) and I prefer higher tiers (more like chess) so restricting the freemiums to lower tier is nothing more than a garage slot to me.

If a low tier new player earns a Tier VIII tank, I don’t mind.  If he’s on red, he’s my T28 Proto’s next easy kill and if he’s on green, I don’t mind not competing with him for damage.

If you play Tier VIII and rely heavily on your mates to survive, I guess a noob as a wingman might be of concern.  No biggie to me, if I get help it’s a bonus, if not, I shouldn’t have put my tank in a position to need help

Good Point. I don't care if i earn a free Tier 8 or a Tier 3, Free is Free, minus effort of course, I'm putting double effort in as i run 2 accounts (Main with All Tanks and Alt up to Tier V) on this Tankbowl although took a mini break on another game as i did Qualifying in 3 days so all about the waiting game :)

Jope2209 #14 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34676 battles
I don't see any difference between earning a free tank or buying that same tank by some new player...It's the player that plays it not the tank...As your battle report img shows very clearly, top 2 greens and top 3 reds played with (probably) earned premium tanks...

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

LevelStream18 #15 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View PostMrBob_A_Feet, on 27 January 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Patriot and Defender were never given out for free. Also, if a player earns a free tier 8 and they only have a tier 4 or 5 as their highest tier tank, then that is seriously impressive because back when my highest tier tank was a tier 5 I wasn't even close to good enough to get into the top 5 players consistently enough to win a tier 8 premium. When I was a free to play player, these free premiums were my only prems, and they seriously helped me to grind credits to get more high tier vehicles, so I really appreciated it that WG was willing to give away a tank that could cost $30-$50 normally to someone who spent little money on the game. Even now that I do buy some things in-game, I always like the chance to win a new tank, and it also gives me a good reason to play the game. As for the Obj 260, WGCB won't have reward vehicles like PC does, so the only way we could get it is if the console devs decided to add it as a TT tank.

TemplarKnight75 #16 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22348 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostBrogueOne, on 27 January 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Free stuff=player participation=greater longevity and support for the game. It doesn’t matter if someone earns a free Tier VIII they’re not experienced enough to play; it’s really only a minor annoyance for most of us(and hey, free xp piñata!).

I understand your sentiment and frustration. But don’t let your Elitism and expectations get in the way of enjoying the game(or encouraging others to enjoy it). Good or bad, we need purples and potatoes alike to keep the lights on and the servers humming.

i like you

John Arrowsmith #17 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 79224 battles
I've been asking for 360 exclusive content for a long time, but most likely the x1 and ps4 are holding back development for the best console. 

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

Wroclaw #18 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57403 battles

View PostCyberGopher, on 27 January 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

I don’t follow your logic. What’s wrong with getting free stuff?

highest tiers require a more indepth knowledge. if your teammates havent "earned" that knowledge & are in tier 8 just because they were given a tank that gives them access to it, then your in a team thats weak & going to lose.

ive never seen a match that was so populated with premiums as the OP's. not in 30k games.

Edited by Wroclaw, 27 January 2018 - 10:42 PM.

W 4 L K U R E #19 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34626 battles
  • [KMD]
Ugh. Another “free tanks for noobs” thread. You people need to stop, seriously 

​My FV215b Review is here: 

​WOTC 2018- The emperor has no clothes!

Pit Friend #20 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33602 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 27 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

I've been asking for 360 exclusive content for a long time, but most likely the x1 and ps4 are holding back development for the best console. 

:P

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users