LooK At All OF TheSe FRee PreMiuM TanKs!

Free tanks Console problems Wargamming ITS TIME TO STOP

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

LevelStream18 #21 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View PostWroclaw, on 27 January 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

highest tiers require a more indepth knowledge. if your teammates havent "earned" that knowledge & are in tier 8 just because they were given a tank that gives them access to it, then your in a team thats weak & going to lose.

ive never seen a match that was so populated with premiums as the OP's. not in 30k games.

While it is theoretically possible for a brand new player to earn a tier 8 tank in their tier 3 vehicle, it really doesn't happen. When I was new to the game I wasn't even close to good enough to consistently get into the top 5 players on my team, which is pretty much the standard requirement for most earn ops these days. I say if you're good enough to perform consistently in the top 5, or you're just super dedicated and invest a huge amount of time into the game, then it's fine to get a tier 8 premium.

panthermark #22 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13283 battles
I don't fully follow.  I don't own ANY tier 8 premiums.  I've only recently gotten "gud enuf" to be able to earn one, so I'm looking forward to it.   I remember being super excited when I earned a LOCUST so that I could drive another scout instead of my Chaffee (and not get wrecked against tier VIII's). 

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #23 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19502 battles
  • [JOCO]
We aren't getting any free Tier VIII premiums for tank bowl are we? And how exactly do you know that everyone earned one of those premiums secondly. 

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

MrBob_A_Feet #24 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7535 battles
  • [UP]

Hmm I think after reading the comments I do agree on some points people have made, there is no difference from an inexperienced player getting a free tank and buying it so solely blaming free tanks is a false.

also I know the patriot and the defender are in the store now but I’m sure I read that which ever nation won would get the corresponding tank for free, not 100% sure though.

I don’t know I just wish that wot console would be more unique than just free tier 8 premiums, for such a long time people where crying out for competitive (on PS4) anyway and now I think that ship has sailed.

overall my initial argument while I stand by it is probably only personal, I would just like wot console to realise that they could do more and I thought the two lines I mentioned i.e British light tanks and Japanese TD’s would make me want to play the game more than another free tier 8

Jurassic world fallen kingdom is the worst film I have ever seen!

ScottRey97 #25 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15142 battles
wl{{191*7}}rm

BigHundy #26 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

Plebs will just buy it instead of earning it

or free XP to high tiers.

It's not the free tanks fault.

potatoes gon' potate.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

Zathustra #27 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26993 battles

View PostCyberGopher, on 27 January 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

I don’t follow your logic. What’s wrong with getting free stuff?

​He had to buy his Skorpion and is mad others ran premium tanks that were awarded for earning them.

desouza1971 #28 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10522 battles
  • [ACE]

There are potatoes in every tier.  At least mid tiers are better balanced than 10.

I prefer my premium over TT tanks.  Silver and XP are worth it. 

But who doesn't like free premium tanks.  We should thank WG for allowing players to get them for free. Some people do not have the cash to buy them.  Allowing them to earn them is good for the game. 

Zathustra #29 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26993 battles

View PostMrBob_A_Feet, on 27 January 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hmm I think after reading the comments I do agree on some points people have made, there is no difference from an inexperienced player getting a free tank and buying it so solely blaming free tanks is a false.

also I know the patriot and the defender are in the store now but I’m sure I read that which ever nation won would get the corresponding tank for free, not 100% sure though.

I don’t know I just wish that wot console would be more unique than just free tier 8 premiums, for such a long time people where crying out for competitive (on PS4) anyway and now I think that ship has sailed.

overall my initial argument while I stand by it is probably only personal, I would just like wot console to realise that they could do more and I thought the two lines I mentioned i.e British light tanks and Japanese TD’s would make me want to play the game more than another free tier 8

​The tank to be won in the superbowl is the Champion M4 Sherman which is a tier 5 tank. I am running 2 accounts-1 on the xbox and 1 on the PS4. I need to win on the PS4 as I am running that new account without premium time and am only starting tier 5. Getting a free tank on the xbox would be nice but I have lots of premium tanks there, especially Russian and American.

Edited by Zathustra, 28 January 2018 - 02:22 PM.

TimMac PA #30 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51820 battles
Also, if it hasn't been said, just because it was given as a free premium doesn't mean they (these so-called bad players), got it for free. Sometimes I miss out, and end up having to buy it, I'm sure plenty of others do too.

ScottRey97 #31 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15142 battles

View PostScottRey97, on 28 January 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

wl{{191*7}}rm

oh dear

ralfybaby62 #32 Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23707 battles
  • [10SR]
Free stuff is nice when it is every now and then and it's a treat. When it becomes "meh, another free tank" it becomes redundant. 

TocFanKe4 #33 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21080 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Really, what it does in my book is to allow everyone to spam premium because they have the ability to farm silver in their tier 8 premium tanks.  If you're not a fan of premium spam, you see that as a bad thing.  If you don't care, you see it as a good thing because it makes premium rounds more egalitarian. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Afro Palestine #34 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56970 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostMrBob_A_Feet, on 27 January 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Its the free stuff in question that were getting that annoys me, you shouldn't just be given a tier 8 for free if your highest tier is a tier 4 or 5 especially a tank like the patriot or the defender i.e overpowered tanks, i have never hated this game more than the moatherland event trying to grind through my panther 2 with 10 motherlands on both teams driving around like morons either yoloing you because there noobs or spamming APCR because they know that the lack luster pen on the motherland is one of the only real drawbacks. I mean how would you feel if wargamming just decides that the OBJ 260 is a free op tank that anyone could unlock as long as they come in the top 5 on there team all of a sudden you have games of 12 on 12 OBJ 260 at tier 10 with over half of them not having a clue how to play the game? 

Generally speaking, very few players who have only reached tier 5 will have the skill to make it into tank bowl.  And if they do, then they certainly deserved to be there, and earn the tank.

Afro Palestine #35 Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56970 battles
  • [HKC]

View Postralfybaby62, on 30 January 2018 - 07:02 PM, said:

Free stuff is nice when it is every now and then and it's a treat. When it becomes "meh, another free tank" it becomes redundant. 

The pattern seems to be one good one, then one meh one.   E.g. Gorinych, then the M4.

XERXEZS #36 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25886 battles

View PostMrBob_A_Feet, on 27 January 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yeah nah free premium tanks above tier 6 are dumb in so many ways fair play for trying something new, in the short term it makes sense attracting new and old players back to play the game to get a new tier 8 premium but in the long run its going to ruin the game, the matchmaking is already garbage and removing a whole load of maps i.e content just to add re-skins i.e not content doesn't make up for it. It amazes me that no one complains about the lack off quality console exclusive content.

I get that you probably restricted as to what you can actually do with this game only being a small part of a larger world brand company but surely you can come up with some better ideas than re-skins, console exslusive maps which im afraid to say are noticeable worse than the PC ported ones and a pretty boring story mode. Although i must say i have great respect for keeping the Waffle and adding the Cheiften, i don't have either of these tanks but im glad they choose not to remove peoples favourite tanks and the Cheiften proves that they can be unique i just wish they would embrace this more, maybe add a British light tank line or a Japanese TD's just something to really maker the game stand out to the PC variant. I could go on and on but i don't have that little a life.

But mainly please after tankbowl no more free tier 8 premiums...please.

I get your point, 16 out if the 30 tanks were freemiums, assuming no one bought any of  them, but, freemiums 

• Provide incentive for newer and veteran players to stay and play, keeping a healthier player pool.
  • Increases player loyalty to the game.
  • Decreases the painful grinds for silver.
  • Decreases grind for free xp.
  • Makes the game more fun and interesting.
  • Increases the chances of these players to contribute monetarily into the game, camo, emblems, other premiums, etc.
  • Increases chances of bringing new players and old players back into the game. Gives an incentive for pc or blitz players to jump into wot console.
  • Shortens que times.
  • Increases the player base.
  • :medal:

If anything we need more freemiums in the game, they don't necessarily have to be the never before given away premiums, but these freemiums do get the player base excited for the game, this is always a great positive for wot.

what's better than earning a free tier VIII Premium? It can't get any better than this other than someone gifting you one.

WEREW0LF 8541 #37 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47866 battles
Boy oh boy just here we go again with the WOT want a be super pseudos tank talk intellectuals and the blah blah blah blah PC blah blah blah!!!!! As regular player WE ARE NOT  P  L  A  Y  I  N  G   (PC) GET IT!!!!!!!

Xero M XTC #38 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13726 battles

I dont even play my freemiums, the lower tier ones just get sold to get extra garage space. Personally, i dont even like to use them to grind silver because a) i'd much rather be earning less silver and progressing my TT tanks (refuse to buy gold to convert free exp) and b) i just dont really enjoy the freemiums i haven't sold... mother/fatherland, hammer, cdc, isu 130.

out of curiosity, what other single reward earn ops was there (not the ops where you could save points choose to cash in at different milestones for different rewards) ??

JanneVee23 #39 Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15742 battles
I was a new player (4 month in the game) when I won the Champion which was my first tier 7 tank and I won the Fatherland as my first tier 8 tank...I was really bad then (and not just moderately bad as I am now) but I didn't play my Fatherland for a long time until I gotten comfortable enough with tier 8 games and have ground my own TT tanks to that point...

I find that there are a lot more people who just buy a tier 8 tank and are not able to play them than people who manage to win a tier 8...I mean anyone who won the ISU130 through that Reindeer OP has proven that he or she is at least an average tanker so I wouldn't worry too much about those players... 

Destraag #40 Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41861 battles

View PostXERXEZS, on 31 January 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

I get your point, 16 out if the 30 tanks were freemiums, assuming no one bought any of  them, but, freemiums 

Were there 16? I counted 13 potentially free of 23 premiums of 30 total ...

Motherlands

Fatherlands

Gorynych

ISU-130s

CDC

Centenial

When a person resorts to attacking the other person rather than focusing on the issue (aka argumentum ad hominem), it becomes pretty clear they have nothing else to contribute and are wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users