Khalkhin Gol map and Nomonhan Incident

Khalkhin Gol maps new maps ww2 battles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17025 battles

Since we're getting this new map on Console (it's on console exclusively), which is more than welcome addition to our rotation, I've found a nice video of what appears to be a movie about the Soviet-Japanese conflict at the start of WW2...Soviet tanks are BT's, (BT-5 and BT-7 I think)...Here it is..

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included)

Jope2209 #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17025 battles
I haven't tried it yet, so I would love to hear the first impressions from someone who had a chance to try new map...

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

rat_armagedon #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24194 battles
  • [RUSTY]
The new map is great, althought it could do with a little smoothing, plays hell with the manouvering on light tanks for high speed duck and weave, real nice area around E0, rocks and nice terain profile for sniping. Centre hill is great map control for the first scouts that make it there, K line city is a good heavy battle zone. About J7 on the open side (north) of the city there is a rock ramp that gets inbetween the buildings, and out the end to a sniper spot. But no rear exit, and there is a left side drop off that can trap you when entering down the corridor. A1 has a hidding area behind a boulder that covers the north spawn base, great camping spot for those that like that sort of thing. No good for arty tho, north spawn arty spot could be the frozen river at A5 maybe. 

Jope2209 #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17025 battles

View Postrat_armagedon, on 06 February 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

The new map is great, althought it could do with a little smoothing, plays hell with the manouvering on light tanks for high speed duck and weave, real nice area around E0, rocks and nice terain profile for sniping. Centre hill is great map control for the first scouts that make it there, K line city is a good heavy battle zone. About J7 on the open side (north) of the city there is a rock ramp that gets inbetween the buildings, and out the end to a sniper spot. But no rear exit, and there is a left side drop off that can trap you when entering down the corridor. A1 has a hidding area behind a boulder that covers the north spawn base, great camping spot for those that like that sort of thing. No good for arty tho, north spawn arty spot could be the frozen river at A5 maybe. 

Sounds great so far, can't wait to try it...I'm a little worried about that manouvering remark you made, since we have something similar with Icebound and that's probably the most hated map in rotation (at least according to my poll)..Is that whole village area playable, I see some parts are out of bounds but those high grounds on  the edge of the map, is it possibe to climb there?

Edited by Jope2209, 06 February 2018 - 04:10 PM.

ChiliPepperzzz #5 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:05 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29188 battles
Great Video. thanks for adding!

sergioG1024 #6 Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21049 battles

View PostJope2209, on 06 February 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

Since we're getting this new map on Console (it's on console exclusively), which is more than welcome addition to our rotation, I've found a nice video of what appears to be a movie about the Soviet-Japanese conflict at the start of WW2...Soviet tanks are BT's, (BT-5 and BT-7 I think)...Here it is..

enjoy video. Thank you for adding

WinterFox 93 #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21522 battles

View PostJope2209, on 06 February 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

your right about it being a movie but it not about  the Soviet-Japanese conflict.The movie is a South Korean film called my way and it's about a Korean soldier who was captured on d-day by the Americans and was conscripted into the Japanese Imperial Army then the Red Army and finally the Wehrmacht. Not a bad film actually as I've watched it, liked it and have it on dvd so if you like this clip you can watch more clips on youtube including the normandy invasion.

darrenv64 #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4883 battles
  • [COPS]

I'm liking this map. Causes trouble for light tanks, heavies, and TD's. A medium drivers dream come true. I've had several hard fought, very close matches here, and some that went pretty smoothly, spawning from both sides.

Now, the actual Khalkhim Go battles took place during the summer, there was NO snow and ice. Hopefully a summer variant is coming soon.

Edited by darrenv64, 15 February 2018 - 10:54 PM.

darrenv64 #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4883 battles
  • [COPS]

Here's a South spawn match where I'm middle tier in the T-34-85.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FKa1huWS8

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users