SU 100

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MADBrettZ #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [3RDPD]

Finally finished eliting the SU 100 ( might keep it for later ) now debating which line to grind next & need everyone’s help.....

Working on a second Russian TD crew, but it will be a while before they are good enough to continue, so the question is do I grind SU 100 M1 or SU 152 next?

Also I’m not afraid of going down the hardest/bad line first...... any thoughts?

Was thinking SU 152 maybe due to up coming Russian TT changes.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.....

Cheers MB

FromBravo2Kilo #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13558 battles
  • [47R]

MAD,

I haven't progressed from the SU 152 and haven't played the SU 100 M1 (although I haven't heard anything positive about the 100 M1).  I've been working specifically on a assault TD crew (Skills/Perks at this time are: SS, BIA, Repairs, Camo, Sit Aw, Recon, Clutch Breaking, Off Road Driving).  Currently working on Snap Shot.  I may switch out one of the view skills or Off Road Drv for Silent Drive and retrain the view skill after completing Snap Shot.  So far the set up seems to be working and it's nice to get in close with the lack of accuracy (Silent Drive would benefit this play style).  Currently I can roll forward with support in the ISU 122S and do pretty well with it.

Bravo

Brisbaneroad #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [FUSDB]
Not a lot positive about the 100M1...except have a look at the rest of the line. Then go watch a video on youtube of someone playing the 263. It's absolutey mental. The other line is hide/snipe/derp.

Josh02072002 #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25897 battles
  • [F-T]
hello, i have done the russian td lines and if you want some hard work the su 152 lines is the way to go but once you hit the tier 7, isu 152 look out since when fully upgraded tier 9 gun other know as this 49 for fire power and 23 for health ,so that means same fire power as the e75 or t49 when fully upgraded .

Josh02072002 #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25897 battles
  • [F-T]
sorry i forgot one thing do the war stories in any russian td tank get the perks for the crew then switch over to the higher russian td that you have . i did it with the french tigre got it up to tier 6 on crew perks then switched the crew from my arl 44 which only had one perk never used the tank now i have a arl 44 with a french crew that now has six perks .

AwardedSteak863 #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18631 battles
  • [47R]
I was thinking about starting the 268 line but with the Chinese TD's coming out tomorrow with discounts and XP bonuses I will probably just wait on the Russians.  The lines seem to be pretty similar.

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

MADBrettZ #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [3RDPD]

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 13 February 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

MAD,

I haven't progressed from the SU 152 and haven't played the SU 100 M1 (although I haven't heard anything positive about the 100 M1).  I've been working specifically on a assault TD crew (Skills/Perks at this time are: SS, BIA, Repairs, Camo, Sit Aw, Recon, Clutch Breaking, Off Road Driving).  Currently working on Snap Shot.  I may switch out one of the view skills or Off Road Drv for Silent Drive and retrain the view skill after completing Snap Shot.  So far the set up seems to be working and it's nice to get in close with the lack of accuracy (Silent Drive would benefit this play style).  Currently I can roll forward with support in the ISU 122S and do pretty well with it.

Bravo

Thanks.... was wondering how far you had got with that grind.

Crew has SS, BIA, both Camo, both view range ( higher tiers are blind ) Clutch braking......

MADBrettZ #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [3RDPD]

View PostAwardedSteak863, on 13 February 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I was thinking about starting the 268 line but with the Chinese TD's coming out tomorrow with discounts and XP bonuses I will probably just wait on the Russians.  The lines seem to be pretty similar.

Starting that grind, newish crew. Will stick with tier III, until have some decent skills/perks making the most of the on track.

Cheers MB

Xenith_Inc #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3364 battles

View PostFromBravo2Kilo, on 12 February 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

MAD,

Bravo

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't Snap Shot totally useless on a tank with no turret?

By assault TD - You mean a crew to go up close and brawl? In that case, why the view range skills?

Sit back and snipe: recon, SitAw, muffled shot, silent driving, camo, green thumb

Brawl: repairs, clutch, ORD, gun mechanic, pain tolerance

Soviet TD's have decent camo, so I'd try to abuse that. I've also found muffled shot keeps me alive, and I pick that over SS as I don't get spotted in the first place.

My preference would be: Camo, muffled shot, silent driving, BiA, SitAw, recon. Keep training SitAw then retraining it to a perk.

I've started a crew like this in a JPzIV and it's essentially invisible.

Brisbaneroad #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [FUSDB]
I've not tried it but I have been told snap shot does actually affect the dispersion on the gun traverse. I'd go for smooth ride first. After the 101M, the mobility, devestating gun and frontal armour allow for medium style peek-a-boom tactics. I certainly have seen this done very effectively running alongside my platoon mate in his 263. I use my Patton to lure an unsuspecting red who thinks "ooh Patton, easy kill!" around the corner and laugh at the panick reaction of seeing one of those waiting for him and having nowhere to run.

FromBravo2Kilo #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13558 battles
  • [47R]

View PostXenith_Inc, on 13 February 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't Snap Shot totally useless on a tank with no turret?

By assault TD - You mean a crew to go up close and brawl? In that case, why the view range skills?

Sit back and snipe: recon, SitAw, muffled shot, silent driving, camo, green thumb

Brawl: repairs, clutch, ORD, gun mechanic, pain tolerance

Soviet TD's have decent camo, so I'd try to abuse that. I've also found muffled shot keeps me alive, and I pick that over SS as I don't get spotted in the first place.

My preference would be: Camo, muffled shot, silent driving, BiA, SitAw, recon. Keep training SitAw then retraining it to a perk.

I've started a crew like this in a JPzIV and it's essentially invisible.

Snap Shot for the dispersion is correct.  It was a toss up between Smooth Ride but, I'm almost always stopped when firing.

View Range.  Yes you are correct in stating being up close but, we know WOT is not team player friendly.  Those skills come into play when your entire team camps or certain maps where you need support form a distance.

Muffled Shot.  In my opinion was worthless firing the big high caliber gun.  It doesn't make sense having that perk in a brawling play style.

I previously asked the question on crew skills specifically for this play style.  Got some responses but, not many.  Still not completely satisfied but, so far it's working.  Yesterday got a "M" in the ISU 122S.  Not by sitting back but, flanking the reds with the support of only 1 friendly medium.  Just because it's a TD doesn't mean you have to camp a hill or corner.  Too many players will leave the team hanging by not having the gun in the fight.  Granted you may get to pick off one or two but, that high alpha can change an encounter in a instance.  I've had some on my best games in the Mini Waffle by playing it up close with support.  That crew set up was: SS, BIA, Repairs, Camo, Sit Aw, Recon, Silent Drive, Firefighting.  Consumables was 2 repair kits and auto fire extinguisher.

Edited by FromBravo2Kilo, 13 February 2018 - 05:44 PM.

Brisbaneroad #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [FUSDB]
You seem to have ignored what I said...and your last post confirms I'm right. For the exact play style you are describing you NEED to go for the Obj. 263. It's ridiculously mobile, great frontal armour, incredible gun with a frightening ROF. The crew skills you have are just fine. All the Russian TDs have great camo so yes it gives you that option, but there's really no need when you can strike fear into the hearts of your enemies with your presence.

Edited by Brisbaneroad, 13 February 2018 - 11:15 PM.

FromBravo2Kilo #13 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13558 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrisbaneroad, on 13 February 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

You seem to have ignored what I said...and your last post confirms I'm right. For the exact play style you are describing you NEED to go for the Obj. 263. It's ridiculously mobile, great frontal armour, incredible gun with a frightening ROF. The crew skills you have are just fine. All the Russian TDs have great camo so yes it gives you that option, but there's really no need when you can strike fear into the hearts of your enemies with your presence.

No I didn’t ignore it.  Just doing the 268 first.  Both skill sets should easily work with both.  Personally want to try the 268 line as a forward support gun.  No reason not to have the big gun forward.   Want to take as much of Stalin shell guidance/RNG away and play it as far forward and aggressively as reasonably possible.  

Rarefication #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:02 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16498 battles
I'll be interested to see if we adopt the changes PC just introduced to the Soviet TD lines. 

MADBrettZ #15 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [3RDPD]

View PostRarefication, on 14 February 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

I'll be interested to see if we adopt the changes PC just introduced to the Soviet TD lines. 

This ^^ is why I was asking for advice, been looking at reviews on YouTube etc.....

I suspect “we” won’t get much warning when & if changes come :teethhappy:

Cheers MB

Rarefication #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16498 battles

View PostMADBrettZ, on 14 February 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

This ^^ is why I was asking for advice, been looking at reviews on YouTube etc.....

I suspect “we” won’t get much warning when & if changes come :teethhappy:

Cheers MB

Agreed. 

Gadoguz94 #17 Posted Yesterday, 10:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17842 battles

View PostMADBrettZ, on 12 February 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Finally finished eliting the SU 100 ( might keep it for later ) now debating which line to grind next & need everyone’s help.....

Working on a second Russian TD crew, but it will be a while before they are good enough to continue, so the question is do I grind SU 100 M1 or SU 152 next?

Also I’m not afraid of going down the hardest/bad line first...... any thoughts?

Was thinking SU 152 maybe due to up coming Russian TT changes.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.....

Cheers MB

263 is powercreeped to a certain extent but is more fun than the 268 for me, grind is pretty exhausting and you will have to work for it

268 is good but tier per tier 8 and 9 are better. Gun is very inflexible so it will frustrate you from time to time. 268 has a much easier but xp-wise, longer grind

Also tagged with SU 100

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users