Jump to content


Arty Requires Skill


  • Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

NightOfDeaths #181 Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25914 battles
  • 15,757
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostRAGE4BACON, on 18 February 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

 

Note the part that says "My main".

Also, as someone who's average in a tank of Tier 6+ is 1200WN8, how can you be one to judge what tank takes skill or not? Unless you have mastered all of ones weaknesses and strengths, you cannot comment.

I agree 


 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


JustinOfTheUSA #182 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:26 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16166 battles
  • 3,249
  • [A7CAV]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 18 February 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

This. Also. Seagulls are evil! Rats with wings!

 

Lol, it's Utah's state bird, why????:teethhappy:

Regular Tanks Tanks: M41 Bulldog • T54E1 • Caernarvon • Tortoise • Indian-Pz. • VK 100.01 P • T-54 • ST-I  • T-34-1• O-Ni • Ivk 65 II

Premium Tanks: Blitzen • Freedom • T14 • Pz V/IV • Hammer  • Champion M4 • T-34-88 • Fatherland • 

Tier Tens: T110E5 • T110E3 • E-100 • IS-7

Updated February 6, 2018

PENETRATION


Fightomonkey #183 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33540 battles
  • 732
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014

 

 

The fact that this thread has be going on for so long is really kind of unbelievable. It just shows how far things have sunk. But N333DL3--I was wrong about you-- you've officially ascended to Tbown status. Long live the king...



Brick S0lid #184 Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:19 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14194 battles
  • 4,344
  • Member since:
    06-12-2014

View PostBuilder3rd, on 19 February 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

 

Wow! Yeah no man. Quit being a gatekeeper. That's a major stat shame and a huge problem on these forums. You basically said no one can comment or is allowed to have any opinion that they can freely share on a public form simply because he doesn't have a high enough WIN8. Just because someone isn't as good as you doesn't mean they don't have a better understanding of the game than you. Teachers teach because they can't do, that doesn't mean they don't KNOW how to do something. You need a rude awakening that just because you good at something doesn't mean your the subject matter expert. Why do you think all athletes have coaches and the coaches aren't the ones playing. 

You should probably be saying this to the op since he was the one saying people's opinions didn't matter due to their stats first. Or did you miss that?


Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

 

3700+Wn8. 100 tanks with 3 MoE including 29 tier X's on my main account.

 


NightOfDeaths #185 Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25914 battles
  • 15,757
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostBrick S0lid, on 18 February 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

You should probably be saying this to the op since he was the one saying people's opinions didn't matter due to their stats first. Or did you miss that?

No. It's double standards. 


 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


iFARM SALT #186 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6333 battles
  • 594
  • Member since:
    03-26-2017

View PostBuilder3rd, on 19 February 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

 

Wow! Yeah no man. Quit being a gatekeeper. That's a major stat shame and a huge problem on these forums. You basically said no one can comment or is allowed to have any opinion that they can freely share on a public form simply because he doesn't have a high enough WIN8. Just because someone isn't as good as you doesn't mean they don't have a better understanding of the game than you. Teachers teach because they can't do, that doesn't mean they don't KNOW how to do something. You need a rude awakening that just because you good at something doesn't mean your the subject matter expert. Why do you think all athletes have coaches and the coaches aren't the ones playing. 

 

don't jump to the bandwagon just because I mentioned ability. What I'm saying is someone who hasn't learned every aspect of something has no right to comment on whether it's Easy or not. I'm incapable of child-birth, do I have the right to say it's Easy and people should stop crying about it being hard when it isn't?

 

Get over yourself dude.



N333DL3 #187 Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28810 battles
  • 2,134
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014

View PostRAGE4BACON, on 18 February 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Note the part that says "My main".

If you post under a handle, your stats are under that handle.  Simple as that.  If you have an account banned from the forums, that speaks to a maturity issue.

 

View PostFightomonkey, on 19 February 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

The fact that this thread has be going on for so long is really kind of unbelievable. It just shows how far things have sunk. But N333DL3--I was wrong about you-- you've officially ascended to Tbown status. Long live the king...

I really don’t know what that means.  I have noticed many folks are calling me a troll, etc.  If posting a viewpoint contrary to a vocal minority on the forum makes me a troll, so be it. 

 

One thing you might notice though, is that no-one has asked me why I think playing arty well takes skill.  Many just run around with their hair on fire, screeching bloody murder, happy ensconced in their own narrow viewpoint.  Nary a second of reflection.

 

This can be viewed as an indictment of the forum, and no wonder it is difficult to get more folks to join.  That a post as innocuous as saying arty takes skill, which it obviously does, would garner such a lopsided reaction speaks to that issue.

 

View PostJustinOfTheUSA, on 19 February 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Lol, it's Utah's state bird, why????:teethhappy:

The seagulls ate the locusts that were plaguing the early Mormon pioneer crops and saved them from starvation. 

 



N333DL3 #188 Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28810 battles
  • 2,134
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014

I don't think anyone with a 3-marked arty ever came here to tell us playing arty requires no skill.

 

There were plenty of post claiming arty requires no skill, but it's hard to be convinced when folks just 'say' it takes no skill.



Ghost Sniper33 #189 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 2261 battles
  • 2,293
  • Member since:
    02-03-2015

Its like of like being a Wide receiver in football- 

takes still to play,  but if your team doesn't help - Ie QB getting you the ball(spotting)  O line protecting the QB (heavies slugging it out and slowing down the reds)  and an Occasional Run play(meds and TD's to keep the Reds from moving straight to you)   your screwed. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users