Update Details - Feb 13th, 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Sadriel Fett #41 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21233 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 February 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Lets see if we can help you out here as Xbox 360 is the same as Xbox One for the overview screen. Think you may never have set up your safe zones so that the game screen is fit to your TV screen.

• While in the garage, Press "Start"
  • Scroll down to "Options" and press "A' To select
  • Tab over to the "Video" tab
  • Scroll down and select the last item, "Safe Zone Calibration"
  • Follow the on screen instructions. (You want the yellow box to be on the very edge of your screen, I suspect yours is not)

Once you have completed that, try playing a match to see if that resolves the issue. If not, we'll probably need to gather some more information about your setup. 

Nope, still looks the same.  I do remember setting that up when I first downloaded the game.  Haven't had any problems until now.  All my other settings are still the same, so it didn't change any of those, either.  To be sure, I went ahead and adjusted the box "down" a notch on either direction, with no effect.  Went back to original settings, then did the opposite and extended it "out" a notch in both directions.  Still no effect.  Everything else still works fine, except the stuff that always showed at the bottom of the big map.

AFCA LEEDS #42 Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31670 battles
  • [43RD]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 February 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

This mornings downtime is to address the following items:

Fixes:

1. AP Tracer colors are back to normal.

2. Correct information is now being displayed while spectating tanks.

• Health, Module, and Crew status now correctly displays for the tank you are spectating.
  • The tank class bar highlights the tank you are spectating.

3. Tank Class bar now correctly sorts tank icons by Class.

4. Scrolling through names on the overview map now works correctly.

5. Can now view tank details for tanks in the store bundles.

The following tanks are now for sale on the Premium Tech Tree:

• M3 Light
  • T-127

Added the Chinese TD Tech Tree line. 

New Chinese Premiums added in the Store bundles

Wasnt the WZ-111 Model 5A also suposed to be released today ? Could you tell us when the new release date will be ?

Thanks in advance.

rat_armagedon #43 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26442 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 14 February 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

Kool just noticed scrolling through names is fix. Can finally mute the online DJ's again. 

serial music pest SargentRock

rat_armagedon #44 Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26442 battles

View PostAFCA LEEDS, on 14 February 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Wasnt the WZ-111 Model 5A also suposed to be released today ? Could you tell us when the new release date will be ?

Thanks in advance.

there is a couple of threads devoted to this question, but no confirmation or denial, I guess WG dont want to spoil the surprize, BUT, it would probably boost the amount of people grinding the chinese line if we knew in advance what was happening, alternatively it might slow down the grinders on the newly released chinese TD line, So perhaps go hard on the chinese heavy line for now, and we may get rewarded in a couple of months time. 

AFCA LEEDS #45 Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31670 battles
  • [43RD]

View Postrat_armagedon, on 14 February 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

there is a couple of threads devoted to this question, but no confirmation or denial, I guess WG dont want to spoil the surprize, BUT, it would probably boost the amount of people grinding the chinese line if we knew in advance what was happening, alternatively it might slow down the grinders on the newly released chinese TD line, So perhaps go hard on the chinese heavy line for now, and we may get rewarded in a couple of months time. 

Maybe I overlooked it but I only found older threads, I dont have the link on hand, but Wargaming comfirmed it in one of the Q&A sessions that it would be released on the 13th at the same time as the TD´s. And its also shown on the "Februari overvieuw page", Though you did made an good point, they could have decided at the last moment to spread the Chinese releases.But it makes no sense that we now have to wait a couple of months for. It probably will be released now at the end of this month. I´ve grinded the Chinese heavy line long time ago, and played the bajinkers out of my premium tanks lately to make sure Ive had the silver when its released:). Normally Im a patient person, but I´ve been highly  anticipating its arrival on console since I saw it on the pc version of the game hehehe.

Edited by AFCA LEEDS, 14 February 2018 - 12:49 PM.

CoolPrawn61 #46 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55993 battles
  • [KGB]
Wow, new Chinese premium have good turret travers speed compared to its hull. Hmm,wait there is no turret.....

ThRiLl_GmYr #47 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16892 battles

View Postrat_armagedon, on 14 February 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

Lol, "rewarded."

Well, since the lead developer doesn't even know what their own development schedule is two months in advance, I would not hold your breath on the 5A.  When we were told it would be coming Chinese New Year I got excited an finished grinding on my WZ-111-1-4.  Turns out getting it was actually impossible since we are apparently two server versions away according to Max who said we are on 9.17 and WZ was 9.19.  Not exactly sure how a lead developer doesn't know the game is two servers away from being able to offer the 5A when he promises it, but oh well.

The promise of the 5A got me excited about WoT again.  I actually bought more premium time in anticipation.  Fortunately, I recently discovered a whole bunch of new tanks that I can play.  Hint hint. 

Edited by ThRiLl_GmYr, 15 February 2018 - 04:05 PM.

Sadriel Fett #48 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:18 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21233 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 February 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Lets see if we can help you out here as Xbox 360 is the same as Xbox One for the overview screen. Think you may never have set up your safe zones so that the game screen is fit to your TV screen.

• While in the garage, Press "Start"
  • Scroll down to "Options" and press "A' To select
  • Tab over to the "Video" tab
  • Scroll down and select the last item, "Safe Zone Calibration"
  • Follow the on screen instructions. (You want the yellow box to be on the very edge of your screen, I suspect yours is not)

Once you have completed that, try playing a match to see if that resolves the issue. If not, we'll probably need to gather some more information about your setup. 

View PostSadriel Fett, on 13 February 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Nope, still looks the same.  I do remember setting that up when I first downloaded the game.  Haven't had any problems until now.  All my other settings are still the same, so it didn't change any of those, either.  To be sure, I went ahead and adjusted the box "down" a notch on either direction, with no effect.  Went back to original settings, then did the opposite and extended it "out" a notch in both directions.  Still no effect.  Everything else still works fine, except the stuff that always showed at the bottom of the big map.

View PostDerailedWingnut, on 13 February 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

You finally fixed the text alignment underneath the map when you press the back button so It's no longer partially covered by the map itself? Holy cow, something I reported 6 updates ago finally got fixed!

Max, when I was playing a game on the Airfield map tonight, I noticed the text for the "game type" and the "map name" was actually showing up on the map itself.  I only noticed it at towards the end, when I was pinging a location for my team mates, so I wasn't able to get a snapshot of it.  However, you could see the white text very plainly against the water at the bottom of the map.  I'm guessing it's this way on the regular maps, but you just can't see the text because of the map colors fading it out.  It reminded me of something DetrailedWingnut said on here the other day (quoted above).  I tried to see if I could see the same thing on some other map that had water at the bottom on Proving Grounds.  The only map I could find where you could make it out was the Pacific Island map for the "Island Race" mode.  Sure enough, the text for the game mode was showing up inside the map itself (picture shown below).

As you can see, where I quoted my post above, I had already set the Safe Zone Calibration before.  Still, I tried adjusting it in both directions to see if either made any difference, to no avail.  Hopefully, this will help the Dev team narrow down the problem.  Let me know if you need any other info.  Thanks.

EDIT: 

I just played a game on El Halluf, and apparently, you can also make it out a little at the bottom of that map, as well.  So, that seems to be what the problem is, what DetrailedWingnut had mentioned about in the above quote.

Edited by Sadriel Fett, 16 February 2018 - 11:52 PM.

Dredd1973 #49 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7392 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 February 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

That should have been fixed when 4.3 was released. Are you still not seeing the option?

No sir, I am not. Going into the customize menu for the Pz Kpfw VII the button for flags is ghosted / grayed out with the word "unavailable" superimposed on it. "Clicking" it does nothing. I have done a hard reset of my console and played the tank (including a winning battle in case that mattered, lol) since the update and is still not functional.

I'm on XBox One.

Order in the Chaos

SquizzM3 #50 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3698 battles
  • [TVR4]

What was in yesterdays update?

Release management is something I do outside of WoT so I'm always curious when systems go down for "maintenance".

Witness the Sh!tness...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users