Lag is ruining this game

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

SteelReigN81 #21 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38963 battles

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 14 February 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

For both just unplug for 15 seconds. Plug router in first let it start up so all the usual lights are on then plug your console back in and turn it on

Tanks I'll give it a go

SteelReigN81 #22 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38963 battles

View PostLazy Murph, on 14 February 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Your post was incredibly hard to read and I had to read it a few times. Mind you, your brain was probably so addled with rage about kids playing, lag and your free stuff not being as good as other people's free stuff I should probably let you off with just a written warning. No points on your licence this time.

While we're at it, using abbreviations is perfectly acceptable grammar. A wall of text with full stops in the middle of sentences? Not so much.

This is me on the weekend:

Also, I never said anything about your employment status so put the victim card away, merely pointed out that most adults will be at work during the week as you were moaning about 'kids' playing.

​So you think that explaining to you the reason I'm playing during the day is because I'm disabled is playing the victim card you disgusting excuse for a human being, do think that all disabled people or just ones that can't work and play games during the day?

MockCrescent323 #23 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9389 battles

View PostLazy Murph, on 14 February 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

At what point in my reply did I even mention his employment status?

He was moaning about kids, I pointed out that most adults will be at work during the week and that he was playing a f2p game during school half term. You make it sound like I banged on about him being on benefits or something!

Omg, you are right. Always annoys me when idiots fail to read trough my entire post and jump to conclutions. Guess I am one of those idiots:)

Sorry

VT Fuzed #24 Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18239 battles

View PostMockCrescent323, on 14 February 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

That is worse than me. I only get the lag spikes which causes the frame to freeze or stutter and me to lose control of my tank from about one to five sec, but that can be enough to get me killed.

It has gotten way worse since the update

​same here.  when it happens, its usually right when im detected or have detected something and about to engage...happens just at most inconvenient times...rarely just driving...feels like either xbone cant process it or something in the mechanics of game...doesnt seem like just packet loss but probably is...  anyone heard it mentioned anywhere that it may be server, prcessor or mechanics type issue?  if my line modem is fine fps games should be good wot...or is that inaccurate statement?

Edited by WORLDofDADDY, 14 February 2018 - 10:41 PM.

SlagInGristle #25 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33158 battles
  • [6SIC6]

So I am just enjoying my new Chinese bundle and the lack of concentration got me looking at the game mechanics. I used to be able to play decently @200ms> lag I now have 74ms lag ( average ) and what seems to be a encumbered nay etc. and it always seems to be laggy. 

So I think this is on the server. This is FYI and others can look to see as well. My ms lag #s are from the Xbox and so have been used for a long time to judge if it’s time to not play. In the past I’d see the lag and quit if the ms was 220 or more because at that point it becomes hard to drive, no guarantee your tank will stop, turn in an endless circle, fire anywhere near the target, any tanks may appear right next to you, etc. etc. @ below 220ms you mostly just have delayed detected or delayed shots. 

Running @74ms now and it’s just about as bad as when id check before - around 220ms - so perhaps the server has 125ms lag? Or more?

:bush:

NinetyMIKE #26 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17513 battles
I've been suffering from lag for a better part of at least a year

SlagInGristle #27 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33158 battles
  • [6SIC6]
Well don’t see the lag playing warframe. See ya.

Bibo1GerUk #28 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21075 battles

The lag is bad again. NA or EU dosn't make a difference. Finished 20k games and I don't see myself doing another 20k. At the moment it's annoying as hell. And I don't mean the occasional lagspike, it's as if their servers just can't handle the load any more. Sometimes even the menus are laggy too. It's as if it's constantly downloading offers or whatever in the background. Already did a full new install last week, currently "optimizing" to see if it get's better.

Ah well, at least the other WG games run fine on the PC.

Remember, it's just a game!

SlashingYew172 #29 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14225 battles
Same here, horrible lag today. I restart my router every day now, just in case, and everything was fine for the last few days. This morning, there was an update and surprise, surprise, the lag is back!

RapidFoal799301 #30 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10918 battles
I find it a bit funny when I see the "try a hard reset, it worked for me" advice posted.  A hard reset will not solve intermitted lag. If your lag dissapeared after the reset, it was 100% coincidence. I believe the short down time the other morning was to remedy what was mentioned in the OP.  My screen would freeze up and I would get a server unavailable warning,  but I could still chat with players in the battle. After logging back in my tank selection preference in the garage would be reset and my battle log was completely empty. 

WidowMaker1711 #31 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10628 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostRapidFoal799301, on 15 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I find it a bit funny when I see the "try a hard reset, it worked for me" advice posted.  A hard reset will not solve intermitted lag. If your lag dissapeared after the reset, it was 100% coincidence. I believe the short down time the other morning was to remedy what was mentioned in the OP.  My screen would freeze up and I would get a server unavailable warning,  but I could still chat with players in the battle. After logging back in my tank selection preference in the garage would be reset and my battle log was completely empty. 

Yeah thats not lag thats a server problem. And there was an acknowledged problem on the EU Server.

But the hard reset of the router in conjunction with a hard reset of the console will clear 90% of peoples lag. Routers arent designed to run uninterrupted. Like anything dealing with data they need resetting occasionally. The problem after updates is the server and your router are sending each other data that may not be able to be reconciled at one or both ends. That is why the hard resets are recommended first before getting into a he said she said fight with the Customer Service guys at WGCB.

For Russ and the Allfather

SlagInGristle #32 Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33158 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 16 February 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yeah thats not lag thats a server problem. And there was an acknowledged problem on the EU Server.

But the hard reset of the router in conjunction with a hard reset of the console will clear 90% of peoples lag. Routers arent designed to run uninterrupted. Like anything dealing with data they need resetting occasionally. The problem after updates is the server and your router are sending each other data that may not be able to be reconciled at one or both ends. That is why the hard resets are recommended first before getting into a he said she said fight with the Customer Service guys at WGCB.

If you can run the router as a gateway without dhcp this is avoided. Unfortunately there seems to be a large amount of isp that provide routers as gateway and on thier side they have tied the system to dhcp in the router - so they can see you MAC address. This allows them to single out devices etc. etc. if you can use a gateway only point of exchange and use your own dhcp this will be masked and your own network dhcp ( not isp related ) can work. Resets etc. won’t matter then especially for static ip and the dns etc.

i think the server has lag now.  Your own network will try to negotiate this by default - it’s a slope covered in oil - not just slippery. 

WidowMaker1711 #33 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10628 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSlagInGristle, on 16 February 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

If you can run the router as a gateway without dhcp this is avoided. Unfortunately there seems to be a large amount of isp that provide routers as gateway and on thier side they have tied the system to dhcp in the router - so they can see you MAC address. This allows them to single out devices etc. etc. if you can use a gateway only point of exchange and use your own dhcp this will be masked and your own network dhcp ( not isp related ) can work. Resets etc. won’t matter then especially for static ip and the dns etc.

i think the server has lag now.  Your own network will try to negotiate this by default - it’s a slope covered in oil - not just slippery. 

I think a lot of ISP provide inferior routers too. From various conversations Ive had and threads on here it appears to be more prevalent in the US than here in the UK. Its almost as if they are forcing customers to use the one they provide without the option for them to purchase their own more programmable router.

Lysith3a #34 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10380 battles

Never had lag with this game prior to this update. Now, it's constant. Not every game, but during every session of play there will be numerous instances, from momentary freezes in-match, to prolonged freezing and being turfed out of the game completely.

Some games, like the one I'm in now, are totally unplayable. No control over the vehicle and now a stuck on the spot-wheels spinning-WoT service is not available bollox. For the second time in the match.

Sh1t like this just totally sucks any enjoyment out of the game.

I aim to misbehave

dcr66 #35 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21269 battles
  • [ONE]
Other than few WG acknowledged server issues, I have never seen lag. Not when I was in 360 using a USB drive, nor in Xbox One. WG cannot help you if your internet is sub-par with high ping, too many users sharing, or no way to hard wired. 

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

SteelReigN81 #36 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38963 battles

View PostLysith3a, on 16 February 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Never had lag with this game prior to this update. Now, it's constant. Not every game, but during every session of play there will be numerous instances, from momentary freezes in-match, to prolonged freezing and being turfed out of the game completely.

Some games, like the one I'm in now, are totally unplayable. No control over the vehicle and now a stuck on the spot-wheels spinning-WoT service is not available bollox. For the second time in the match.

Sh1t like this just totally sucks any enjoyment out of the game.

​Thats exactly what I get

MockCrescent323 #37 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9389 battles

View Postdcr66, on 16 February 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Other than few WG acknowledged server issues, I have never seen lag. Not when I was in 360 using a USB drive, nor in Xbox One. WG cannot help you if your internet is sub-par with high ping, too many users sharing, or no way to hard wired. 

smh

MockCrescent323 #38 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9389 battles
Terrible noobs AND frame freezing lag. Great!

R35T NO MORE #39 Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13545 battles
  • [BNKR-]
Just died twice due to the damn lag. 1 time my tank went and drove into the open, the other time it went for a swim :angry: i load up cod WW2 and no issues.. I'm losing wot battles due to this. After every update it's a coin toss between the game working fine or being crippled by lag.  

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

Courage is fear that has said its prayers

WidowMaker1711 #40 Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10628 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 16 February 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Just died twice due to the damn lag. 1 time my tank went and drove into the open, the other time it went for a swim :angry: i load up cod WW2 and no issues.. I'm losing wot battles due to this. After every update it's a coin toss between the game working fine or being crippled by lag.  

Its becos you're a skreb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users